January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:30 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 pm :roll:

Video of ceremony. They were more than happy to shake hands with Pelosi. She was handing out the awards.
Why didn't any of them ask her the obvious question??? Guess they just wanted to receive their award. Maybe it might have been considered tacky on their part to embarrass the Mistress of Ceremony? I do know that after all the dust has settled that Nancy Pelosi was never asked by the Jan. 6 committee to testify under oath about why she ignored the potential threat of those trump Republicans and why she refused to err on the side of caution and increase the security presence at the capital? That sure wound up being an oversite that worked out well for her party. One can only imagine if the threat of a superior security force would have prevented the protest to begin with.
The more we see, the more we realize its all a friggen game of monopoly to them and we are landing on boardwalk & park place each paycheck.
The stated objective of the Jan. 6 investigation was if I'm remembering correctly was to look into ALL of the nooks and crannies involving the events if that day. The one nook and cranny the Democrats are afraid to venture into is why the security at the capital, knowing there would be a protest by the trump people was for all intense and purpose non existent. To my understanding that question has never been asked by anyone on the Jan. 6 committee. They had prior knowledge that many thousands of angry trump people would march to the capital. Nobody thought to add an extra beefed up security contingent surrounding the capital?? Why would that happen? These folks that run our nations capital are normally anal retentive about all things involving security. They just for some bizarre reason happened to drop the ball hugely on that day. Nobody bothered to ask Nancy. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't authorizing the added security as a precaution her prerogative to decide? Nobody asked her so the country will never know why. I suppose it can be simply filed under ooooops my bad. A really far fetched explanation is they didn't want Nancy to have to answer that line of questioning while under oath.
You are not.
So then square me away. What am I not remembering? I remember Nancy dropped the security ball at the Capital on that particular day. I remember the Jan. 6 committee never bothered to ask Nancy what her thought process was on that day. I was always under the impression the job of the Jan. 6 committee was to get to the truth. You can't get to that truth without the big picture. What did Nancy know and when did she know it? If she knew there would be a large number of trump supporters marching on the capital, why didn't she authorize extra security?? We will never know because the Jan. 6 committee didn't think the answer was relevant to their investigation. Nancy, being the one person who could have used foresite and erring on the side of caution could have authorized the added security. The optics clouded her decision making.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:51 pm

Video of ceremony. They were more than happy to shake hands with Pelosi. She was handing out the awards.
Why didn't any of them ask her the obvious question??? Guess they just wanted to receive their award. Maybe it might have been considered tacky on their part to embarrass the Mistress of Ceremony? I do know that after all the dust has settled that Nancy Pelosi was never asked by the Jan. 6 committee to testify under oath about why she ignored the potential threat of those trump Republicans and why she refused to err on the side of caution and increase the security presence at the capital? That sure wound up being an oversite that worked out well for her party. One can only imagine if the threat of a superior security force would have prevented the protest to begin with.
The more we see, the more we realize its all a friggen game of monopoly to them and we are landing on boardwalk & park place each paycheck.
The stated objective of the Jan. 6 investigation was if I'm remembering correctly was to look into ALL of the nooks and crannies involving the events if that day. The one nook and cranny the Democrats are afraid to venture into is why the security at the capital, knowing there would be a protest by the trump people was for all intense and purpose non existent. To my understanding that question has never been asked by anyone on the Jan. 6 committee. They had prior knowledge that many thousands of angry trump people would march to the capital. Nobody thought to add an extra beefed up security contingent surrounding the capital?? Why would that happen? These folks that run our nations capital are normally anal retentive about all things involving security. They just for some bizarre reason happened to drop the ball hugely on that day. Nobody bothered to ask Nancy. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't authorizing the added security as a precaution her prerogative to decide? Nobody asked her so the country will never know why. I suppose it can be simply filed under ooooops my bad. A really far fetched explanation is they didn't want Nancy to have to answer that line of questioning while under oath.
I say this seriously: you need to read more.
I also say this seriously counselor. I understand your roundabout way of saying you don't know why Nancy dropped the security ball that day. I also understand the reason that YOUR party isn't interested in understanding the whole truth about that day. So twenty plus years after the tragedy of 9/11 having a game plan for securing our nations capital was not exactly a high priority for Nancy. GOT IT counselor. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:51 am

I also say this seriously counselor. I understand your roundabout way of saying you don't know why Nancy dropped the security ball that day. I also understand the reason that YOUR party isn't interested in understanding the whole truth about that day. So twenty plus years after the tragedy of 9/11 having a game plan for securing our nations capital was not exactly a high priority for Nancy. GOT IT counselor. :roll:
You are sort of a poster boy for the deliberately obtuse, and maybe Warren Rudman's axiom: Americans have a constitutional right to be wrong. You seem to exercise that right over and over, with a sense of bunker-brain pride.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... osi-video/

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... -watchdog/

There's plenty more debunking your silliness.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BI5IA8assfk
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:22 am

Sorry my man. I judiciously ignore YouTube, Facebook and Twitter as any sort of a legitimate information source. If it floats your boat then good for you.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:35 am

Sorry my man. I judiciously ignore YouTube, Facebook and Twitter as any sort of a legitimate information source. If it floats your boat then good for you.
Good for you. Guess you’re enjoying the b side of Jerry Lee Lewis 45s then.

In other words, I don’t use Youtube for information, I use it for entertainment as anyone who’s had the good/bad fortune of clicking in my links have come to understand.

If you ain’t first you’re last! Woo!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:47 am

In other words, I don’t use Youtube for information, I use it for entertainment as anyone who’s had the good/bad fortune of clicking in my links have come to understand.

Nothing against you but I don't click on any link that is YouTube, Facebook or Twitter related. You use it to enlighten and entertain. I get that. There are other folks who think these three media platforms are a source of vital knowledge.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:00 am

Nothing against you but I don't click on any link that is YouTube, Facebook or Twitter related. You use it to enlighten and entertain. I get that. There are other folks who think these three media platforms are a source of vital knowledge.
Not me, just a place to steal entertainment from.

(Maybe enlighten a little)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:08 am

I really like YouTube in many respects. I watched a YouTube video recently of a live Blackfoot performance of Highway Song. Great song composed and performed paying homage to Bob Segar and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
There is a line in the song that is that is very powerful and easily overlooked by most music fanatics.

It's the hurt that's on your mind that's the hurt you leave behind. And last nights show took its toll on me.

What do you think that line means in the context of this very powerful song most people have never heard.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:33 am

I really like YouTube in many respects. I watched a YouTube video recently of a live Blackfoot performance of Highway Song. Great song composed and performed paying homage to Bob Segar and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
There is a line in the song that is that is very powerful and easily overlooked by most music fanatics.

It's the hurt that's on your mind that's the hurt you leave behind.

What do you think that line means in the context of this very powerful song most people have never heard.
My wife is an example of that.

Song for song:

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
And no one knows what it's like
To be hated
To be fated to telling only lies
But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free
No one knows what its like
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To be mistreated, to be defeated
Behind blue eyes
An no one know how to say
That they're sorry and don't worry
I'm not telling lies
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:44 am

Song for song:

To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
To be hated
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through
My love is vengeance
That's never free
Behind blue eyes
I'm not telling lies
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
+1 could be the reason our music heroes are the philosophers of our era. Great song by The Who...
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:50 am

Song for song:

To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
To be hated
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through
My love is vengeance
That's never free
Behind blue eyes
I'm not telling lies
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
+1 could be the reason our music heroes are the philosophers of our era. Great song by The Who...
One you’re probably less familiar with

Teddy sniffing glue he was twelve years old
Fell from the roof on East Two-nine
Cathy was eleven when she pulled the plug
On twenty six reds and a bottle of wine
Bobby got leukemia, fourteen years old
He looked like sixty five when he died
He was a friend of mine
Those are people who died, died
They were all my friends and just died
G-berg and Georgie let their gimmicks go rotten
So they died of hepatitis in upper Manhattan
Sly in Vietnam, bullet in the head
Bobby OD'd on Drano on the night that he was wed
They were two more friends of mine (two more friends that died)
They were all my friends and they died
Mary took a dry dive from a hotel room
Bobby hung himself from a cell in The Tombs
Judy jumped in front of a subway train
Eddie got slit in the jugular vein
And Eddie, I miss you more than all the others
And I salute you brother
They were all my friends, and they died
Herbie pushed Tony from the Boys' Club roof
Tony thought that his rage was just some goof
But Herbie sure gave Tony some, some bitchen proof
Hey, Herbie said, Tony, can you fly?
But Tony couldn't fly, Tony died
Brian got busted on a narco rap
He beat the rap by rattin' on some bikers
He said, hey, I know it's dangerous
But it sure beats Riker's
But the next day he got offed
By the very same bikers
He was a friend of mine
They died of hepatitis in upper Manhattan
Sly in Vietnam, took a bullet in the head
They were two more friends of mine, I miss 'em, they died
Bobby hung himself from a cell in the tombs
This song is for you my brother
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:52 am

Song for song:

To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
To be hated
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through
My love is vengeance
That's never free
Behind blue eyes
I'm not telling lies
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

He was a friend of mine
And I salute you brother
By the very same bikers
He was a friend of mine
You are correct. I'm not familiar with that song.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:02 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:52 am

Song for song:

To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
To be hated
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through
My love is vengeance
That's never free
Behind blue eyes
I'm not telling lies
My love is vengeance
That's never free
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

He was a friend of mine
And I salute you brother
By the very same bikers
He was a friend of mine
You are correct. I'm not familiar with that song.
Jim Carroll a poet and kid in the story they made a movie out of in the 90s based on his journal called Basketball Diaries.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Anyone else here curious about why we treat situations differently than, say, Peru (where the President tried a coup and was impeached by the legislature, removed and arrested/charged with rebellion with the cooperation of the military) and/or Germany (where police arrested dozens of far right extremists for plotting to overthrow the German government).

In this country sitting congressperson MTG goes on national TV and declares that if she and Bannon were in charge of January 6 the coup plot the election overthrow would have succeeded. :oops:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:45 am Anyone else here curious about why we treat situations differently than, say, Peru (where the President tried a coup and was impeached by the legislature, removed and arrested/charged with rebellion with the cooperation of the military) and/or Germany (where police arrested dozens of far right extremists for plotting to overthrow the German government).

In this country sitting congressperson MTG goes on national TV and declares that if she and Bannon were in charge of January 6 the coup plot the election overthrow would have succeeded. :oops:
Our oligarchs have more power?

Or, the Peruvian and German oligarchs didn’t support these efforts?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

We need to start arresting & rounding up citizens for seditious speech !

Maybe there was actually something to the plots in Peru & Germany.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:40 pm We need to start arresting & rounding up citizens for seditious speech !

Got rid of Nixon because of what he said, my man. In the days when Republicans knew right from wrong.

The difference in 2022, is that you and your party have lost your morality completely. Nothing bothers you, so long as the "right party" says it. If the wrong party does or says something? Out flows pages of criticism from you, like a river.

Like I said, if WaterGate happened in 2022, Old Salt would be spending page after page as to why what Nixon and his crew did was sooper cool, and we're making mountains out of molehills.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:40 pm We need to start arresting & rounding up citizens for seditious speech !

Got rid of Nixon because of what he said, my man. In the days when Republicans knew right from wrong.

The difference in 2022, is that you and your party have lost your morality completely. Nothing bothers you, so long as the "right party" says it. If the wrong party does or says something? Out flows pages of criticism from you, like a river.

Like I said, if WaterGate happened in 2022, Old Salt would be spending page after page as to why what Nixon and his crew did was sooper cool, and we're making mountains out of molehills.
Red herring deflection. Got rid of Nixon because of what he did (authorized).

Watergate was a burglary for which people were arrested & convicted. There was no question about Nixon's complicity. He would have been tried & convicted had he not traded resignation for a pardon.

Different circumstances with Trump. There's no direct link (yet) tying Trump to the crimes committed on Jan 6th or before.
Yes, he drew the mob & fomented the riot. Neither is a crime. Trump might get convicted for the classified matl or other things, but it will be tough to convict him for Jan 6th. He could have used the riots as an excuse to declare martial law. He did not. A conspiracy implicating Trump has yet to be established by those charged & tried, so far. His strategy was to invalidate the election via the certification process. The VP & the Senate would not go along.

My objection to a reactionary suppression of freedom of speech has nothing to do with Trump.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:41 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:17 pm

Red herring deflection. Got rid of Nixon because of what he did (authorized).

Watergate was a burglary for which people were arrested & convicted. There was no question about Nixon's complicity. He would have been tried & convicted had he not traded resignation for a pardon.

Different circumstances with Trump. There's no direct link (yet) tying Trump to the crimes committed on Jan 6th or before.
Yes, he drew the mob & fomented the riot. Neither is a crime. Trump might get convicted for the classified matl or other things, but it will be tough to convict him for Jan 6th. He could have used the riots as an excuse to declare martial law. He did not. A conspiracy implicating Trump has yet to be established by those charged & tried, so far. His strategy was to invalidate the election via the certification process. The VP & the Senate would not go along.

My objection to a reactionary suppression of freedom of speech has nothing to do with Trump.
You mean everything
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”