The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by jhu72 »

... just saw a 15 minute interview with Paul Whelan's sister. WOW what a classy family. Realistic and very admirable attitudes. Contrast this to some other families who's son, daughters, husbands met with tragedy in service of the country. Whelans are a breath of fresh air.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:36 pm ... just saw a 15 minute interview with Paul Whelan's sister. WOW what a classy family. Realistic and very admirable attitudes. Contrast this to some other families who's son, daughters, husbands met with tragedy in service of the country. Whelans are a breath of fresh air.
Surprised to see you write this, knowing he was dishonorably discharged from the Marines. Good for you.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:18 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:36 pm ... just saw a 15 minute interview with Paul Whelan's sister. WOW what a classy family. Realistic and very admirable attitudes. Contrast this to some other families who's son, daughters, husbands met with tragedy in service of the country. Whelans are a breath of fresh air.
Surprised to see you write this, knowing he was dishonorably discharged from the Marines. Good for you.
... not him -- his family! Their behavior.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Whatever Paul's discharge status was when he separated from the Marines, it has nothing to do with his family's measured and thoughtful response to Griner's release, and their son's and brother's and husband's four years in the hands of the Russian government. The family understands that the dynamics around BG is very different than that that keeps Whelan in captivity. Unlike the RW bloviators who condemn Biden for the swap.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:32 pm
Whatever Paul's discharge status was when he separated from the Marines, it has nothing to do with his family's measured and thoughtful response to Griner's release, and their son's and brother's and husband's four years in the hands of the Russian government. The family understands that the dynamics around BG is very different than that that keeps Whelan in captivity. Unlike the RW bloviators who condemn Biden for the swap.
I'm glad BG is heading home. The bloviating is who Biden gave up to make it happen. I'm guessing the guy the Russians received in return very likely earned the nick name " the merchant of death" BG will return home and live her life. The guy the Russians got back will also live his life and do what he does best. Time will tell how that plays out. I bet Vlad is not bloviating about the deal at all. I'm sure he is tickled pink.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:44 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:32 pm
I'm glad BG is heading home. The bloviating is who Biden gave up to make it happen. I'm guessing the guy the Russians received in return very likely earned the nick name " the merchant of death" BG will return home and live her life. The guy the Russians got back will also live his life and do what he does best. Time will tell how that plays out. I bet Vlad is not bloviating about the deal at all. I'm sure he is tickled pink.
Understood. But I am reluctant to gainsay this deal. Some bargains are just hard, and some deals have an obvious downside, like letting this nasty bastard go back to his life in Russia. But I am glad she is coming home.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

One would think there are some folks who will be paying attention to the whereabouts and activities of Victor Bout, and will not be reluctant about taking him off the table in due course, one way or the other.

Very bad guy who will get what he deserves, if that happens.
Though, hard to imagine how bad it would need to be for him to get what he truly deserves...
But there are some with more vivid imaginations than me.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:44 pm I'm glad BG is heading home. The bloviating is who Biden gave up to make it happen. I'm guessing the guy the Russians received in return very likely earned the nick name " the merchant of death" BG will return home and live her life. The guy the Russians got back will also live his life and do what he does best. Time will tell how that plays out. I bet Vlad is not bloviating about the deal at all. I'm sure he is tickled pink.
From the Russia thread:

Here's an expert on the dude. "Douglas Farah is president of IBI Consultants, LLC, and co-author of Merchant of Death: Money, Guns, Planes and the Man Who Makes War Possible."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... t-00044556

"So why even consider the potential offer? First, Bout is a spent force who will be out of jail in a few years anyway. His business depended on personal relationships and trust among the parties. After being out of the business for more than a decade, Bout has neither of those left in the shadowy world in which he once operated. Second, Bout needed access to a global network stretching from Afghanistan to Europe, Africa and South America. That network has morphed through several generations of new actors, markets and gatekeepers. Bout has no currency in that world now.

Finally, Bout depended in the early years on the gross negligence of the former Soviet states to allow him to simply fly out aircraft and weapons in a spree of de facto privatization of one of the world’s most advanced arsenals. In his later years, he was reined in by the Russian state under Putin, no longer able to freelance at will and without unfettered access to massive caches of weapons. It is unlikely he would have any freedom of movement in the weapons trade unless he was in the direct service of the Russian intelligence services, and now he is burned beyond the ability to be useful in any significant capacity."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:44 pm I'm glad BG is heading home. The bloviating is who Biden gave up to make it happen. I'm guessing the guy the Russians received in return very likely earned the nick name " the merchant of death" BG will return home and live her life. The guy the Russians got back will also live his life and do what he does best. Time will tell how that plays out. I bet Vlad is not bloviating about the deal at all. I'm sure he is tickled pink.
From the Russia thread:

Here's an expert on the dude. "Douglas Farah is president of IBI Consultants, LLC, and co-author of Merchant of Death: Money, Guns, Planes and the Man Who Makes War Possible."

"So why even consider the potential offer? First, Bout is a spent force who will be out of jail in a few years anyway. His business depended on personal relationships and trust among the parties. After being out of the business for more than a decade, Bout has neither of those left in the shadowy world in which he once operated. Second, Bout needed access to a global network stretching from Afghanistan to Europe, Africa and South America. That network has morphed through several generations of new actors, markets and gatekeepers. Bout has no currency in that world now.

Finally, Bout depended in the early years on the gross negligence of the former Soviet states to allow him to simply fly out aircraft and weapons in a spree of de facto privatization of one of the world’s most advanced arsenals. In his later years, he was reined in by the Russian state under Putin, no longer able to freelance at will and without unfettered access to massive caches of weapons. It is unlikely he would have any freedom of movement in the weapons trade unless he was in the direct service of the Russian intelligence services, and now he is burned beyond the ability to be useful in any significant capacity."
I don't know about all. If there is any mileage left on those tires I'm sure Vlad will find a way to make him useful. Time will tell if this joker still has connections that will make him a valuable asset. It is a risk that Biden was willing to take.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:16 pm
From the Russia thread:

I don't know about all. If there is any mileage left on those tires I'm sure Vlad will find a way to make him useful. Time will tell if this joker still has connections that will make him a valuable asset. It is a risk that Biden was willing to take.
:lol:
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 pm
From the Russia thread:

Whatta think I'm a clown? You think I'm here to amuse you, am I hear to entertain you? Tell me Henry why you think I'm so funny? :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:24 pm
From the Russia thread:

Whatta think I'm a clown? You think I'm here to amuse you, am I hear to entertain you? Tell me Henry why you think I'm so funny? :D
An easy movie to follow along. Doesn’t require much thinking. Try Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy or Mulholland Drive.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

White supremacist shared substation information online. It is not clear how relevant this information is to the Moore County events. Someone familiar with the target area would not have needed this information. Finding substations once the area is identified is a simple matter of using Google Maps. Google Maps also supplies more information that just the substation location.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:09 pm White supremacist shared substation information online. It is not clear how relevant this information is to the Moore County events. Someone familiar with the target area would not have needed this information. Finding substations once the area is identified is a simple matter of using Google Maps. Google Maps also supplies more information that just the substation location.
Any correlation with nearby drag shows ?
DocBarrister

Dark Brandon Triumphs

Post by DocBarrister »

What a great week for Dark Brandon.

Senator Warnock wins.

Brittney Griner comes home.

The Respect for Marriage Act is passed.

Gas prices are lower now than a year ago.

Plus, as a bonus, the Trump Organization is convicted of multiple felonies.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:59 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:09 pm White supremacist shared substation information online. It is not clear how relevant this information is to the Moore County events. Someone familiar with the target area would not have needed this information. Finding substations once the area is identified is a simple matter of using Google Maps. Google Maps also supplies more information that just the substation location.
Any correlation with nearby drag shows ?
... I haven't seen anything about the drag show since the first 24 hours. I don't think they know, or at least aren't talking if they do.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:24 pm
From the Russia thread:

An easy movie to follow along. Doesn’t require much thinking. Try Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy or Mulholland Drive.
In Bruges?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Here we go again

Soccer journalist and former SI soccer writer Grant Wahl died suddenly near the end of the Argentina-Netherlands match

https://nypost.com/2022/12/09/us-soccer ... -in-qatar/

His brother, Eric, told the NY Post he believes foul play from the Qatari government may have been involved. If you recall Wahl was detained by officials upon entering at the start of the event because he was wearing a rainbow t-shirt.

UPDATE: Appears to be a pulmonary embolism which will be confirmed with autopsy in NYC this week.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What happened the first time?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Second journalist dies during Qatar World Cup
From CNN's Alex Stambaugh in Hong Kong and Zayn Nabbi in London
A second journalist has died while covering the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, according to a tweet from Qatari outlet AlKass on Saturday.

Photojournalist Khaled Saif Salem al-Misslam was working for the Qatari channel when he passed away over the weekend, with The Gulf Times reporting that he died suddenly while covering the tournament.

“We’re praying to the God Almighty to provide him with the vastness of His mercy and allow him in his spacious gardens and to provide his family and relatives with patience and solace,” AlKass tweeted.
The circumstances around al-Misslam’s death are unclear. AlKass has not released any further information and has not responded to CNN’s request for comment.

FIFA and the Qatari government have not responded to CNN's request for comment.

Khaled Saif Salem al-Misslam’s death comes after American journalist Grant Wahl died Friday after he collapsed while covering a match between Argentina and the Netherlands.

CNN’s Mostafa Salem contributed to this report

Return to “POLITICS”