The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:11 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:01 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:45 pm All the attention focused on her is a distraction & illustrates how quickly partisans jump to conclusions. It diverts the public's attention from looking for reliable tip information.
Facepalm.

The power is out in Moore County and I know why,” Emily Rainey wrote on her Facebook page less than an hour after the electricity failed.

Get it? Understand why folks might think she or her minions had something to do with it? Or MIGHT want some proper law enforcement to look here way?

Not exactly a huge leap there, OS. Stop pretending you don't understand this.
How does that incite violence ? That prompted the Sheriff to interview her & dismiss her as having a part in it. That did not stop all the distracting attention focused on her by partisan social media gadflies like you. Prompting speculation & a narrative still unsupported by evidence available to the public.
Let's see how she does with the FBI/US Attorney when they take over this case (vandalizing the electric grid is a federal offense). Sheriff has a previous personal not professional relationship with the lady.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:42 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:45 pm All the attention focused on her is a distraction & illustrates how quickly partisans jump to conclusions. It diverts the public's attention from looking for reliable tip information.
Facepalm.

The power is out in Moore County and I know why,” Emily Rainey wrote on her Facebook page less than an hour after the electricity failed.

Get it? Understand why folks might think she or her minions had something to do with it? Or MIGHT want some proper law enforcement to look here way?

How does that incite violence ? That prompted the Sheriff to interview her & dismiss her as having a part in it. That did not stop all the distracting attention focused on her by partisan social media gadflies like you. Prompting speculation & a narrative still unsupported by evidence available to the public.
Let's see how she does with the FBI/US Attorney when they take over this case (vandalizing the electric grid is a federal offense). Sheriff has a previous personal not professional relationship with the lady.
What's your source for their previous not professional relationship ?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:44 pm
Facepalm.

Google is your friend...as you like to say. Let's put it this way - He knows the lady and has interacted with her before. That said, he may be correct at this point that they have no evidence of her involvement or connection but the investigation is just starting. She may turn out to have no connection but at this point that is not certain. How much investigation could have taken place at this point to totally absolve her?

It's moot anyway because the Feds are going to take over this investigation shortly.

Happy to be a gadfly. :lol: You can stick with Andy Taylor and Barney Fife.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Facepalm.

:lol:
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:21 pm You hair trigger social media conspiracy mongers are getting under the Sheriff's skin..
I never once said she did it, or had a thing to do with it. Not once. Unlike you, I can think all by myself, and wait for stuff like "evidence".

King of TInFoilHat nation wants to put words in my mouth, and pretend I'm on TeamTInFoil?! Sorry mate, you told me I wasn't allowed on your team, remember?

Now run along, and set your Hat to setting "4", so you can tell us about your latest conspiracy. What will it be? Fake elections? Flynn was tricked? Hunter's Laptop?

Can't WAIT to see what TeamTinFoilLLeader tells you is the new soup of the day!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:00 pm
Facepalm.

Google is your friend...as you like to say. Let's put it this way - He knows the lady and has interacted with her before. That said, he may be correct at this point that they have no evidence of her involvement or connection but the investigation is just starting. She may turn out to have no connection but at this point that is not certain. How much investigation could have taken place at this point to totally absolve her?

It's moot anyway because the Feds are going to take over this investigation shortly.

:lol: ...I know what I found. I wanted to see what you were using.

I found 1 "legit" report, based, of course, on social media. A photo of them at a public outreach community event.

The convenient old reliable source -- "prompting some to suggest."

https://www.newsweek.com/emily-rainey-p ... ns-1764875

Emily Rainey Photo With Sheriff Amid North Carolina Outage Raises Questions

Photos of a North Carolina sheriff with Emily Rainey, a January 6 protester, have surfaced on social media after he said deputies had determined her posts about mass power outages in the state were "false."

Tens of thousands of people remain without power in Moore County after authorities said two power substations were shot at in a "targeted" attack on Saturday.

At a press conference on Sunday, Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields didn't identify any suspects or provide a motive, but said state investigators and the FBI are assisting.

He also didn't rule out a theory circulating on social media that the outages were intended to shut down a drag show.

Fields was asked by a reporter about Rainey after she made several cryptic posts on Facebook, saying she knew what had caused the outages. The photo circulating of her with the sheriff also led others to ask questions on social media.

Moore County Chief Deputy Richard Maness told Newsweek on Tuesday that Fields has no personal relationship with Rainey.

"Sheriff Fields is an elected official," Maness said. "He attends many public and private events and has his picture taken with lots of people upon their request. There is neither now, nor ever been, a personal relationship with this person."

Rainey, a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer and conservative activist who has been vocally protesting drag shows, wrote on Facebook shortly after the electricity failed: "The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

She then posted a photograph of the Sunrise Theater in Southern Pines, where a drag show was scheduled for Saturday, and said: "God will not be mocked."

At Sunday's news conference, Fields said: "We had to go and interview this young lady and have a word of prayer with her and so, but it turned out to be nothing."

Asked how deputies had determined Rainey's posts were false, Fields said it was due to "good law enforcement," without elaborating. The Moore County Sheriff's Office and Rainey have been contacted for comment.

Rainey posted on Facebook that her name "has been officially cleared by law enforcement."

In another post, she said deputies had "wasted their time" by visiting her. "I told them that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage. I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters," she wrote. "God is chastising Moore County. I thanked them for coming and wished them a good night. Thankful for the LEOs service, as always."

Maness told Newsweek that the investigation "is ongoing and no person has been completely cleared nor implicated."

He said: "Our investigators are contacting multiple persons based on tips and evidence as they present themselves. Ms. Rainey was interviewed based on her careless choice of words posted on social media."

However, the photo of Fields with Rainey at a 2020 event circulated on social media, prompting some to suggest the sheriff was quick to clear Rainey because of a personal relationship and call for the FBI to investigate.

The photo was taken during a Back the Red, White and Blue event in October 2020 that was organized by Moore County Citizens for Freedom, a group "dedicated to the promotion of conservative values" that Rainey founded in May 2020, according to the LinkedIn page.

"The sheriff didn't mention in his news conference that he knew her - had he prayed with her before?" one person wrote on Twitter.

Another wrote: "I mean maybe they are false & she doesn't have anything to do with it but they ruled her out in one night & the answer he gives in response to how they did so is 'good law enforcement *snicker*?"'

However, reporter Jo Yurcaba noted that they had "heard 'had a word of prayer' while growing up, it meant someone was in trouble. Good to keep in mind that sayings in the south can mean something different."

Rainey left the Army while under investigation for leading a group to a rally in Washington, D.C., on January 6, 2021, that culminated in supporters of former President Donald Trump storming the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot.

She told the Associated Press that she led 100 members of Moore County Citizens for Freedom to the rally to "stand against election fraud" and support Trump.

She said she didn't know of anyone who entered the Capitol and that she was "doing everything right and within my rights."

In 2020, she was charged with injury to personal property after she posted a video online that showed her pulling down caution tape at a playground that was closed under North Carolina's COVID restrictions.

Police in Southern Pines told WRAL-TV that they let her off with warnings twice after she tore down the tape closing off the playground. The Army gave Rainey "appropriate administrative action" for that incident, and she later submitted her resignation.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:44 pm
Facepalm.

I found 1 "legit" report, based, of course, on social media. A photo of them at a public outreach community event.

Photos of a North Carolina sheriff with Emily Rainey, a January 6 protester, have surfaced on social media after he said deputies had determined her posts about mass power outages in the state were "false."

Tens of thousands of people remain without power in Moore County after authorities said two power substations were shot at in a "targeted" attack on Saturday.

At a press conference on Sunday, Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields didn't identify any suspects or provide a motive, but said state investigators and the FBI are assisting.

He also didn't rule out a theory circulating on social media that the outages were intended to shut down a drag show.

Fields was asked by a reporter about Rainey after she made several cryptic posts on Facebook, saying she knew what had caused the outages. The photo circulating of her with the sheriff also led others to ask questions on social media.

Moore County Chief Deputy Richard Maness told Newsweek on Tuesday that Fields has no personal relationship with Rainey.

"Sheriff Fields is an elected official," Maness said. "He attends many public and private events and has his picture taken with lots of people upon their request. There is neither now, nor ever been, a personal relationship with this person."

Rainey, a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer and conservative activist who has been vocally protesting drag shows, wrote on Facebook shortly after the electricity failed: "The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

She then posted a photograph of the Sunrise Theater in Southern Pines, where a drag show was scheduled for Saturday, and said: "God will not be mocked."

At Sunday's news conference, Fields said: "We had to go and interview this young lady and have a word of prayer with her and so, but it turned out to be nothing."

Asked how deputies had determined Rainey's posts were false, Fields said it was due to "good law enforcement," without elaborating. The Moore County Sheriff's Office and Rainey have been contacted for comment.

Rainey posted on Facebook that her name "has been officially cleared by law enforcement."

In another post, she said deputies had "wasted their time" by visiting her. "I told them that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage. I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters," she wrote. "God is chastising Moore County. I thanked them for coming and wished them a good night. Thankful for the LEOs service, as always."

Maness told Newsweek that the investigation "is ongoing and no person has been completely cleared nor implicated."

He said: "Our investigators are contacting multiple persons based on tips and evidence as they present themselves. Ms. Rainey was interviewed based on her careless choice of words posted on social media."

However, the photo of Fields with Rainey at a 2020 event circulated on social media, prompting some to suggest the sheriff was quick to clear Rainey because of a personal relationship and call for the FBI to investigate.

The photo was taken during a Back the Red, White and Blue event in October 2020 that was organized by Moore County Citizens for Freedom, a group "dedicated to the promotion of conservative values" that Rainey founded in May 2020, according to the LinkedIn page.

"The sheriff didn't mention in his news conference that he knew her - had he prayed with her before?" one person wrote on Twitter.

Another wrote: "I mean maybe they are false & she doesn't have anything to do with it but they ruled her out in one night & the answer he gives in response to how they did so is 'good law enforcement *snicker*?"'

However, reporter Jo Yurcaba noted that they had "heard 'had a word of prayer' while growing up, it meant someone was in trouble. Good to keep in mind that sayings in the south can mean something different."

Rainey left the Army while under investigation for leading a group to a rally in Washington, D.C., on January 6, 2021, that culminated in supporters of former President Donald Trump storming the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot.

She told the Associated Press that she led 100 members of Moore County Citizens for Freedom to the rally to "stand against election fraud" and support Trump.

She said she didn't know of anyone who entered the Capitol and that she was "doing everything right and within my rights."

In 2020, she was charged with injury to personal property after she posted a video online that showed her pulling down caution tape at a playground that was closed under North Carolina's COVID restrictions.

Police in Southern Pines told WRAL-TV that they let her off with warnings twice after she tore down the tape closing off the playground. The Army gave Rainey "appropriate administrative action" for that incident, and she later submitted her resignation.
I didn’t know Ronnie Fields was hittin’ those cheeks! I wondered what happened to him.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:51 pm
Facepalm.

I didn’t know Ronnie Fields was hittin’ those cheeks! I wondered what happened to him.
Butt…

Cheeks….

Swollen
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:51 pm
Facepalm.

Butt…

Cheeks….

Swollen
That’s how Ronnie Fields gets down
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh yeah! Well…your mom!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Investigators are zeroing in on two possible motives centered around extremist behavior in NC power stations attacks, sources say

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/07/us/power ... index.html

"Investigators – who have found nearly two dozen shell casings from a high-powered rifle – are zeroing in on two threads of possible motives centered around extremist behavior for the weekend assault on two North Carolina electric substations, according to law-enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. investigators have no evidence connecting the North Carolina attacks to a drag event at the theater in the same county, but the timing of two events are being considered in context with the growing tensions and armed confrontations around similar LBGTQ+ events across the country, the sources told CNN. In the past two years, anti-government groups began using online forums to urge followers to attack critical infrastructure, including the power grid. They have posted documents and even instructions outlining vulnerabilities and suggesting the use of high-powered rifles.

The news comes as the primary utility company in Moore County restored electricity to the final customers of the 45,000 homes and businesses that initially lost power."

https://apnews.com/article/north-caroli ... 3675183b4b

Authorities seek search warrants related to NC substation shooting including cell tower and phone records of devices in the vicinity of the two substations
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:37 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:21 pm You hair trigger social media conspiracy mongers are getting under the Sheriff's skin..
I never once said she did it, or had a thing to do with it. Not once. Unlike you, I can think all by myself, and wait for stuff like "evidence".

King of TInFoilHat nation wants to put words in my mouth, and pretend I'm on TeamTInFoil?! Sorry mate, you told me I wasn't allowed on your team, remember?

Now run along, and set your Hat to setting "4", so you can tell us about your latest conspiracy. What will it be? Fake elections? Flynn was tricked? Hunter's Laptop?

Appears to be a little more than a conspiracy.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/07/us/p ... index.html

investigators have no evidence connecting the North Carolina attacks to a drag event at the theater in the same county, but the timing of two events are being considered in context with the growing tensions and armed confrontations around similar LBGTQ+ events across the country, the sources told CNN.

In the past two years, anti-government groups began using online forums to urge followers to attack critical infrastructure, including the power grid. They have posted documents and even instructions outlining vulnerabilities and suggesting the use of high-powered rifles.

One 14-page guide obtained by CNN cited as an example the 2013 sniper attack on a high voltage substation at the edge of Silicon Valley that destroyed 17 transformers and cost Pacific Gas and Electric $15 million in repairs.

In that case, the shooter fired more than 100 bullets in about 20 minutes, disappearing a minute before police arrived. The case remains unsolved.”

I hope Emily has a good lawyer for her FBI interview.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:26 am
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:37 pm

Appears to be a little more than a conspiracy.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/07/us/p ... index.html

investigators have no evidence connecting the North Carolina attacks to a drag event at the theater in the same county, but the timing of two events are being considered in context with the growing tensions and armed confrontations around similar LBGTQ+ events across the country, the sources told CNN.

In the past two years, anti-government groups began using online forums to urge followers to attack critical infrastructure, including the power grid. They have posted documents and even instructions outlining vulnerabilities and suggesting the use of high-powered rifles.

One 14-page guide obtained by CNN cited as an example the 2013 sniper attack on a high voltage substation at the edge of Silicon Valley that destroyed 17 transformers and cost Pacific Gas and Electric $15 million in repairs.

In that case, the shooter fired more than 100 bullets in about 20 minutes, disappearing a minute before police arrived. The case remains unsolved.”

I hope Emily has a good lawyer for her FBI interview.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Powell

The face alone in that bogus picture
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

One bit of good news - Brittney Griner released:

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/br ... ktor-bout/

Brittney Griner, the WNBA star who was held for months in Russian prisons on drug charges, was released Thursday in a one-for-one prisoner swap for international arms dealer Viktor Bout, according to a U.S. official. The one-for-one exchange agreement negotiated with Moscow in recent weeks was given final approval by President Biden within just the last week, according to sources familiar with the deal. The swap, first reported by CBS News, took place on Thursday in the United Arab Emirates.

Five former U.S. officials told CBS News the agreement had been reached as of last Thursday.

A White House official said President Biden was in the Oval Office Thursday morning on the phone, speaking with Griner and her wife, and that Vice President Kamala Harris was also in the room. Per standard procedure for freed U.S. prisoners, Griner was expected to quickly undergo a medical evaluation.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:11 am One bit of good news - Brittney Griner released:

Brittney Griner, the WNBA star who was held for months in Russian prisons on drug charges, was released Thursday in a one-for-one prisoner swap for international arms dealer Viktor Bout, according to a U.S. official. The one-for-one exchange agreement negotiated with Moscow in recent weeks was given final approval by President Biden within just the last week, according to sources familiar with the deal. The swap, first reported by CBS News, took place on Thursday in the United Arab Emirates.

Five former U.S. officials told CBS News the agreement had been reached as of last Thursday.

A White House official said President Biden was in the Oval Office Thursday morning on the phone, speaking with Griner and her wife, and that Vice President Kamala Harris was also in the room. Per standard procedure for freed U.S. prisoners, Griner was expected to quickly undergo a medical evaluation.
And kudos to the Paul Whelan family for being class acts in their response.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/fami ... -rcna60732

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/nati ... 7053c14294
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:27 am

He had a prior conviction for theft from the US government. He was arrested in Russia during the tRump regime. Donald Dimwit did nothing to release him. Maybe something is in the works.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:53 am

He had a prior conviction for theft from the US government. He was arrested in Russia during the tRump regime. Donald Dimwit did nothing to release him. Maybe something is in the works.
https://www.reuters.com/world/paul-whel ... 022-12-08/

Certainly a checkered history, and we really don't know the truth of all of this.
Was he framed or was he actually working on behalf of the US government?
We don't know, probably will never know for a certainty, though if I had to distrust anyone it would be Putin's crew.
That said, of course we would have agents in Russia.

I was addressing his brother's statement on behalf of the Whelan family.
Class act statement.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:11 am One bit of good news - Brittney Griner released:

+1 ...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... totally predictable from a POS Trump. :roll:

Junior slams Biden. Yawn.

Return to “POLITICS”