January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:35 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:15 am My question came about b/c there is not an ex US POTUS who is rubbing two nickels together, they typically make far more cash when they leave.
Not Jimmy Carter.

One day, I will find an American Conservative that will explain to me why he wasn't their favorite POTUS of all time.

He was everything you guys claim to want.....as Christian as they get, frugal, doesn't lie, doen'st cowtow to DC interests.....tells Americans to do more with less. Boilerplate conservative stuff.
Those damned USNA grads are always getting picked on, even round' deez parts. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:33 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:15 am My question came about b/c there is not an ex US POTUS who is rubbing two nickels together, they typically make far more cash when they leave.
Not Jimmy Carter.

One day, I will find an American Conservative that will explain to me why he wasn't their favorite POTUS of all time.

He was everything you guys claim to want.....as Christian as they get, frugal, doesn't lie, doen'st cowtow to DC interests.....tells Americans to do more with less. Boilerplate conservative stuff.
Those damned USNA grads are always getting picked on, even round' deez parts. ;) :lol:
:D
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Oath Keepers might want to understand the meaning of 2XIMPOTUS o d statement:

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/03/trump- ... nstitution

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,..."
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Not Jimmy Carter.

I agree with your point here - Carter's problem was that he was simply not an effective president. He did not understand the degree to which you have to delegate in order to be POTUS. Tried to do too much and ended up doing very little.

That said, Carter is probably the most truly conservative president we have had in my lifetime. Not politically conservative in the way the press and colleges present it, conservative in his approach to life.

Not to mention he was just a very, very good man.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HooDat wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:09 am
Not Jimmy Carter.

I agree with your point here - Carter's problem was that he was simply not an effective president. He did not understand the degree to which you have to delegate in order to be POTUS. Tried to do too much and ended up doing very little.

That said, Carter is probably the most truly conservative president we have had in my lifetime. Not politically conservative in the way the press and colleges present it, conservative in his approach to life.

Not to mention he was just a very, very good man.
Got the Carter center about 4ish blocks or so from my house.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
CU88

Post by CU88 »

POTUS

Around noon, the president-elect recites the following oath, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DoJ moving fast now - they are not messing around

Trump adviser Stephen Miller returns to testify before January 6 federal grand jury in DC.

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol will issue criminal referrals to the Justice Department based on its inquiry, the panel’s chairman said on Tuesday, but has made no decision on who it will recommend charging or what offenses it will cite.

Special counsel Jack Smith subpoenas local officials in Trump investigation. Subpoenas were issued to top elections officials in Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin for Trump communications
CU88

Post by CU88 »

On Dec. 6, the families of law enforcement officers honored with the Congressional gold medal for their service during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack, refused to shake hands with GOP leadership. Read more: https://wapo.st/3h3fYuK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMB7QMIUkhA
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:22 pm On Dec. 6, the families of law enforcement officers honored with the Congressional gold medal for their service during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack, refused to shake hands with GOP leadership. Read more: https://wapo.st/3h3fYuK.

I wonder if they refused to shake hands with Nancy Pelosi? Nancy ultimately was responsible for the lack of security at the capital on Jan.6. She was made aware of the potential threat the mob might represent after the trump pep talk to them. The optics of a ring of security personnel surrounding the capital was more repulsive to Nancy than a rag tag bunch of goobers breaking in the front door so a few of them could take a dump on the floor. :!:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:roll:

Video of ceremony. They were more than happy to shake hands with Pelosi. She was handing out the awards.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 pm :roll:

Video of ceremony. They were more than happy to shake hands with Pelosi. She was handing out the awards.
Why didn't any of them ask her the obvious question??? Guess they just wanted to receive their award. Maybe it might have been considered tacky on their part to embarrass the Mistress of Ceremony? I do know that after all the dust has settled that Nancy Pelosi was never asked by the Jan. 6 committee to testify under oath about why she ignored the potential threat of those trump Republicans and why she refused to err on the side of caution and increase the security presence at the capital? That sure wound up being an oversite that worked out well for her party. One can only imagine if the threat of a superior security force would have prevented the protest to begin with.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Why didn't any of them ask her the obvious question??? Guess they just wanted to receive their award. Maybe it might have been considered tacky on their part to embarrass the Mistress of Ceremony? I do know that after all the dust has settled that Nancy Pelosi was never asked by the Jan. 6 committee to testify under oath about why she ignored the potential threat of those trump Republicans and why she refused to err on the side of caution and increase the security presence at the capital? That sure wound up being an oversite that worked out well for her party. One can only imagine if the threat of a superior security force would have prevented the protest to begin with.
The more we see, the more we realize its all a friggen game of monopoly to them and we are landing on boardwalk & park place each paycheck.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:36 pm

The more we see, the more we realize its all a friggen game of monopoly to them and we are landing on boardwalk & park place each paycheck.
:lol: they are playing chess.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:37 pm

:lol: they are playing chess.
3K chess...
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:22 pm On Dec. 6, the families of law enforcement officers honored with the Congressional gold medal for their service during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack, refused to shake hands with GOP leadership. Read more: https://wapo.st/3h3fYuK.

Bravo!

The hell with RepubliCON treason. It's time for patriots to stand up to these America haters whose treason and whose cultish love for tRump is what caused that disaster on January 6 - a date that will live in eternal infamy.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Isn't it more accurate to say that the GOP leadership of the House didn't want to honor the bravery of the Capitol Police? That they excused their members who said that Jan 6 was just another tourist day, or otherwise pooh poohed the violence, or who have called the rioters and insurrectionists, "patriots"?

Pretty sure that's why...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The stated objective of the Jan. 6 investigation was if I'm remembering correctly was to look into ALL of the nooks and crannies involving the events if that day. The one nook and cranny the Democrats are afraid to venture into is why the security at the capital, knowing there would be a protest by the trump people was for all intense and purpose non existent. To my understanding that question has never been asked by anyone on the Jan. 6 committee. They had prior knowledge that many thousands of angry trump people would march to the capital. Nobody thought to add an extra beefed up security contingent surrounding the capital?? Why would that happen? These folks that run our nations capital are normally anal retentive about all things involving security. They just for some bizarre reason happened to drop the ball hugely on that day. Nobody bothered to ask Nancy. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't authorizing the added security as a precaution her prerogative to decide? Nobody asked her so the country will never know why. I suppose it can be simply filed under ooooops my bad. A really far fetched explanation is they didn't want Nancy to have to answer that line of questioning while under oath.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:37 pm

The stated objective of the Jan. 6 investigation was if I'm remembering correctly was to look into ALL of the nooks and crannies involving the events if that day. The one nook and cranny the Democrats are afraid to venture into is why the security at the capital, knowing there would be a protest by the trump people was for all intense and purpose non existent. To my understanding that question has never been asked by anyone on the Jan. 6 committee. They had prior knowledge that many thousands of angry trump people would march to the capital. Nobody thought to add an extra beefed up security contingent surrounding the capital?? Why would that happen? These folks that run our nations capital are normally anal retentive about all things involving security. They just for some bizarre reason happened to drop the ball hugely on that day. Nobody bothered to ask Nancy. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't authorizing the added security as a precaution her prerogative to decide? Nobody asked her so the country will never know why. I suppose it can be simply filed under ooooops my bad. A really far fetched explanation is they didn't want Nancy to have to answer that line of questioning while under oath.
I say this seriously: you need to read more.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Don't worry Cranky, Kevin McCarthy will get to the bottom of Nancy Pelosi's dereliction of duty on January 6th. It's also all documented on Hunter's laptop...in between the dic pics...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:37 pm

You are not.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”