OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lax101

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by Lax101 »

Agree except for the fact thay the committee has never been a fan of pure scorers no matter how good they are. Go back and look at the list of past winners. Historically most winners were middies and those attackers that did win also did the draw. NU also has to get to the final 4 to be in the running and Im not sure they will. Oh BTW - Scane has 2 more years of eligibility. Yikes.
PlayNice

Re: 2023 - Year of Isabelle Rae Scane?

Post by PlayNice »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:00 am If Izzy Scane returns to the Northwestern Wildcats with her skill, confidence and boldness intact--she's the favorite to win the Tewaaraton award in a runaway. There's no one in the women's game with her dominance in the offensive zone--and no one who could outshine her at their respective positions. In 2021 she scored an astounding 98 goals in just 16 games. If she has a full healthy season and the Wildcats get back to championship weekend the way they should with her on the roster, she should obliterate Abby Hormes's single season goal scoring record; and perhaps cause the Wildcats to scale the heights and reach the pinnacle one more time.

I really hope she comes back from her injury like her former self, she is an amazing player. Is she playing fall ball and has anyone seen her? There are a few players that I am interested to see how they will return after suffering injuries last season. It’s as much a mental return as it is physical.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2023 - Year of Isabelle Rae Scane?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

PlayNice wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:15 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:00 am If Izzy Scane returns to the Northwestern Wildcats with her skill, confidence and boldness intact--she's the favorite to win the Tewaaraton award in a runaway. There's no one in the women's game with her dominance in the offensive zone--and no one who could outshine her at their respective positions. In 2021 she scored an astounding 98 goals in just 16 games. If she has a full healthy season and the Wildcats get back to championship weekend the way they should with her on the roster, she should obliterate Abby Hormes's single season goal scoring record; and perhaps cause the Wildcats to scale the heights and reach the pinnacle one more time.
I really hope she comes back from her injury like her former self, she is an amazing player. Is she playing fall ball and has anyone seen her? There are a few players that I am interested to see how they will return after suffering injuries last season. It’s as much a mental return as it is physical.
I don't think she's playing Fall ball. At least that's what I assume from the teams Instagram account. He's not shown in any of the highlights so far. Nor in any pictures either. She's practicing but my guess is they're being very cautious.

I share your hopes. She is indeed an amazing player. She was such right from her first game. I enjoy Selena Lasota pushing her twice (once in the huddle and once after) as if to say, "You badass!" after she scored her first goal at the beginning of the game vs Louisville back in February of 2019.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Broadcast Review - Fox Sports 2

This network produced a great broadcast back in early May for the Big East final pitting Georgetown vs Denver. Play by play announcer Brad Thompson and color analyst Monika Moore did a great job. The stellar work however came from the camera crew. Multiple replays from multiple angles, close ups and framing the action on the field perfectly gave the broadcast a major league look and feel. The field mics were great and at just the right volume level. The only critique I offer is there was no on-screen shot clock. Apart from that, great job all around. I hope they sign on for more games in the future.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Georgetown’s 2023 schedule

Dr. Tact

Re: Georgetown’s 2023 schedule

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 am Image
Pretty favorable schedule for Ricky...I see 12 wins+/-....I dont see them as a top 10 team, but 12-5 will be a top 10-15 team.

[edit] forgot they have Sam Fish and Gussie as coach. Might be able to push that 12 up a bit...still dont see them beating MD, Loyola, Denver....Hop might give them a run with the new coach.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:34 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 am
Pretty favorable schedule for Ricky...I see 12 wins+/-....I dont see them as a top 10 team, but 12-5 will be a top 10-15 team.

[edit] forgot they have Sam Fish and Gussie as coach. Might be able to push that 12 up a bit...still dont see them beating MD, Loyola, Denver....Hop might give them a run with the new coach.
If Georgetown could play the way they played in the first half vs Denver in the '22 Big East final--they could be top 10 with this schedule. Over the years they just can't seem to put it together as the season gets to the end unfortunately.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 am Image

Hop blew them out last year with the old coach.....Ended 16-10 but was 13-3 in 3rd quarter.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:33 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 am

Hop blew them out last year with the old coach.....Ended 16-10 but was 13-3 in 3rd quarter.
They typically play each other pretty tough. However, Hop has won 6 of the last 7 games. If the Hoyas show up it should be a good early season scrap but I wouldn't count that game a win for the Hoyas by any stretch. If I was making odds, I'd guess Hop by 3-5.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Hoyas have some experienced players picked up from the portal, in addition to Fish. Bakes, Massimino. Their biggest challenge has always seemed to be at the top, IMHO.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:54 am Hoyas have some experienced players picked up from the portal, in addition to Fish. Bakes, Massimino. Their biggest challenge has always seemed to be at the top, IMHO.
As far as I can recall, this has been the case for years. RF has a scheme that he tries to put players into, instead of recognizing the talents and adapting to them.
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:02 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:54 am Hoyas have some experienced players picked up from the portal, in addition to Fish. Bakes, Massimino. Their biggest challenge has always seemed to be at the top, IMHO.
As far as I can recall, this has been the case for years. RF has a scheme that he tries to put players into, instead of recognizing the talents and adapting to them.
RF does have a system but unfortunately it has never worked on a college lacrosse field. RF's system has the incredible ability to take the most talented players in the world and turn them into mere role players as witnessed by his US National Teams. Its time to do a Pat Riley ( NY Knicks, bump and grind and the Showtime Lakers, run and gun ) and adapt to the players you have.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Itsallgood wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:20 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:02 pm
RF does have a system but unfortunately it has never worked on a college lacrosse field. RF's system has the incredible ability to take the most talented players in the world and turn them into mere role players as witnessed by his US National Teams. Its time to do a Pat Riley ( NY Knicks, bump and grind and the Showtime Lakers, run and gun ) and adapt to the players you have.
My thoughts exactly....been saying this for years since he wasted Whitehurst.
OuttaNowhereWregget

IL's Top 50 Women's Players for 2023: Nos. 50-41

50. Emma Wightman, D, USC

49. Megan Carney, A, Syracuse

48. Kristin O’Neill, M, Penn State

47. Hayley Hunt, G, Lehigh

46. Chloë Johnson, A/Dr., Ohio State

45. Bri Gross, M, Vanderbilt

44. Libby May, A, Maryland

43. Molly Brock, M/D, Jacksonville

42. Aubrey Williams, Dr./M, Virginia

41. Kayla Martello, A, Boston College
OuttaNowhereWregget

IL's Top 50 Women's Players for 2023: Nos. 40-31

40. Emily Heller, M, Florida

39. Katie DeSimone, A, Duke

38. Sarah Elms, A, Jacksonville

37. Clare Levy, D, Stony Brook

36. Olivia Carner, M, Duke

35. Kate Mashewske, Dr., Syracuse

34. Hollie Schleicher, D, Boston College

33. Cubby Biscardi, D, Duke

32. Kailyn Hart, A, Stony Brook

31. Rachel Clark, A, Virginia
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

These lists are fun for discussion, but honestly I would be careful putting too much weight in them. My daughter played with a Top 10 ranked player. Solid player, but there were 5-6 on the team equally talented. The main difference I could tell from this player being ranked vs the others not was the extend this one and her parents marketed her. With the exception of a handful of players I think the difference between the top 200 players is razor thin.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

You can obviously shuffle the deck on many players in the top 200 but players in the Top 10 are uniquely talented in one way or another whether you want to admit it or not. Look at least years names - North, Ortega, Trenchard, Moreno, Mastrioni etc. The same will be true this year. There will be something unique and special about each of the Top 10 players that makes them a bit better then all the rest and separates them from the pack.
OuttaNowhereWregget

RollTheCrease wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:58 pm These lists are fun for discussion, but honestly I would be careful putting too much weight in them. My daughter played with a Top 10 ranked player. Solid player, but there were 5-6 on the team equally talented. The main difference I could tell from this player being ranked vs the others not was the extend this one and her parents marketed her. With the exception of a handful of players I think the difference between the top 200 players is razor thin.
I agree completely. It is interesting to see where players land in these rankings but I think it would be even more interesting to sit in on the meetings when IL comes up with the players and the order in which they are placed and listen in on why a given player is placed where they are and what criteria is used to come up with said placement. A lot of the awards and rankings are more and more these days to do with being fair and inclusive rather than hard statistics. A perfect example was the Honda award a few months ago.

I also agree with your point on the top 200 players. How much brighter would the player shine if she was on a different team? Perfect example is Sam Geiersbach with Carolina last season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:16 am You can obviously shuffle the deck on many players in the top 200 but players in the Top 10 are uniquely talented in one way or another whether you want to admit it or not. Look at least years names - North, Ortega, Trenchard, Moreno, Mastrioni etc. The same will be true this year. There will be something unique and special about each of the Top 10 players that makes them a bit better then all the rest and separates them from the pack.
Agreed. All the players have talent sufficient to land them on a college team, and more specifically on a team that regularly is a ranked team for those with greater talent. But there are a unique few that are undeniably gifted above their peers. And further still, those gifted players who can perform in crunch time makes even more separation.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”