Landmark Conference 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
NElaxtalent

Re: Landmark Conference 2023

Post by NElaxtalent »

laxdad30 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:32 am
Palax15 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:42 pm
laxdad30 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:12 am I was browsing Goucher's Lax site and ran across their 2023 Schedule. 2 games less than last year. Dropped Gettysburg and Messiah.

https://athletics.goucher.edu/sports/ml ... 3/schedule
No point to add those ranked teams to the schedule when they turn out to be blowouts.
Messiah wasnt a blow out. 12-8 loss. Gophers were down 7-8 starting the 4th quarter. In my opinion RMC is the one they should have dropped instead.
Both teams have to want to play each other. New Messiah HC was a long time D1 asst w/ lots of HS recruiting ties, was a late hire summer '21, too late to affect recruiting, had a strong 2022 recruiting class & added a few key pieces. School athletic department firmly committed to competitive M & W sports. A team on the rise, has a natural recruiting niche w/ FCA or similar type athletes....
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Scranton just lost a big piece of their team as Chris Crapanzano has transferred to U Albany for his last two years of eligibility
Palax15

Post by Palax15 »

Asgot wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:14 am Scranton just lost a big piece of their team as Chris Crapanzano has transferred to U Albany for his last two years of eligibility
transferring after this fall semester? or after this spring season is complete?
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

After the fall. He will be at Albany in the spring
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

I saw that in 2020 he was at D1 SJU. Must have transferred to Scranton and now is back in the D1.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

There were some rumblings he was looking at Rutgers over the summer as well. Good for him, he was a heck of a player for the royals last year and will definitely be a big loss for them.
beachbum1334

Post by beachbum1334 »

Long time viewer of the Landmark but new to the forums here! Excited for the 2023 season. Have to imagine teams have been gearing up all fall and now winter for 2023! Any schedules come out yet? And curious to hear everyone's take on how 2023 will play out!
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Mornin Bum,

Happy to have you here. If you scroll up you’ll see some of our takes so I’m curious to hear, what are your power ranking for the year?

On the crappanzano scenario, I think that is odd he can leave right now and be able to play this spring for Albany… I feel like he’s gonna have to sit it or finish out the year at Scranton. Maybe he wasn’t well liked to leave mid year. Or maybe Scranton wasn’t like “The Office” depicted it… No dundies over here

Less than 100 days till comp. LETS GO
QuickRake

Post by QuickRake »

Do we really believe that the Crapanzano kid would be transferring mid-year as a senior? Seems much more likely he will be finishing his degree in the spring and then be going to Albany as a grad transfer next year.
beachbum1334

Post by beachbum1334 »

Tightyrighty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:17 pm Mornin Bum,

Happy to have you here. If you scroll up you’ll see some of our takes so I’m curious to hear, what are your power ranking for the year?

On the crappanzano scenario, I think that is odd he can leave right now and be able to play this spring for Albany… I feel like he’s gonna have to sit it or finish out the year at Scranton. Maybe he wasn’t well liked to leave mid year. Or maybe Scranton wasn’t like “The Office” depicted it… No dundies over here

Less than 100 days till comp. LETS GO
Thanks for the welcome, tighty. Still very early, but here are my power rankings:

1. Catholic - Sax has proven that he can win in the Landmark with a 17-0 conference record in 2021 and 2022 combined. Yes, they lost a lot of key pieces on both sides of the field including DPOY Hillery and AA Crowley, but will be interesting to see if Sax’s recruits can step in and continue the Cardinals’ Landmark dominance. Their only close game last year was 14-13 over Etown in the regular season. They’re #1 until they’re not. No one has proven to be able to knock Catholic off.
2. Etown - Etown is my close second. yes, they graduated some key pieces in Yake, Mills, and Cost but also returning some studs in 1st team all conf goalie Franey, SSDM Stewart on D, and Langen, Gismondi, and Cummings leading the O. They have some firepower and McGuire has done a good job since taking over. They just need to get over the hump of beating Catholic. They need to steal a regular season game and get a Landmark ship at home in Etown, PA.
3. Scranton - Scranton has talent every year but can never seem to put it together. Losing Crapanzano is a hit but I do wonder if he will be finishing the year off at Scranton then transferring, or transferring for the spring semester. Can anyone provide some context on that? He did it all (face-offs, first line middie). Will be interesting to see if Kozak and McAree are able to lead the Royals past the Landmark semis for once. I’ll believe it when I see it.
4. Susquehanna - Young but the ROY is a solid player and they have some other young players that should be able to step up and make them competitive again. No one expected Susqy to be in the landmark semis last year but there they were and didn’t back down to a very good Catholic team.
5. Drew - Brings back Wilkie who had a million points last year and Leidl in his second year. He has seemed to have done a good job so far. Drew has some solid players should beat the bottom half of the conference and give Susqy a game but don’t seem them knocking off teams like Catholic, Etown, and Scranton.
6. Moravian - Same old same old. They seem to be pretty content being a middle of the pack Landmark team. they’ll always hang around the 5-6 spot because they have some talented players but can never seem to knock off one of the top teams in the Landmark.
7. Goucher - Brings back their old coach who had a lot of success in the landmark in the 2000s -2010s (nationally ranked, landmark champs twice in 2010 and 2012). will be interesting to see if he is able to get the program on an upwards trajectory cuz they got crushed by some teams last year.
8. Juniata - In their second year of competition, new coach, just not there yet but excited to see their progression
beachbum1334

Post by beachbum1334 »

QuickRake wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:44 pm Do we really believe that the Crapanzano kid would be transferring mid-year as a senior? Seems much more likely he will be finishing his degree in the spring and then be going to Albany as a grad transfer next year.
I tend to agree with this, but would love some insight if anyone has any.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Ok, you do not have to believe me but the kid is graduating in December and enrolling in their grad school for January. My source is very good.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Asgot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:55 pm Ok, you do not have to believe me but the kid is graduating in December and enrolling in their grad school for January. My source is very good.

Hey Asgot, I don’t doubt ya sources you seem like a standup person just seems like a logistics nightmare with credits transferring through. He went private to private to public university, I guess it makes sense since he has eligibility and all but you got to agree it’s a pretty wild move out of nowhere. If that’s what is happening then good on him. If you don’t mind me asking what kind of source we talking? Water cooler talk? Primary source? Mailman? And do you think he just went about the fall with this idea in his head or was this very new and rapid news him bouncing?
Let’s get this landmark forum jumping love the talk
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

In regards to schedule's I know a few teams have posted so far. From what I have seen from what other schools have posted, Catholic looks to have a pretty stacked Non Conference schedule with CNU, Salisbury, Hamden Sydney, and Stevenson from what I have seen so far. Looks like Coach Sax wants his squad battle tested if they make the Tourney. Should be some great games to watch.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Tightyrighty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm
Asgot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:55 pm Ok, you do not have to believe me but the kid is graduating in December and enrolling in their grad school for January. My source is very good.

Hey Asgot, I don’t doubt ya sources you seem like a standup person just seems like a logistics nightmare with credits transferring through. He went private to private to public university, I guess it makes sense since he has eligibility and all but you got to agree it’s a pretty wild move out of nowhere. If that’s what is happening then good on him. If you don’t mind me asking what kind of source we talking? Water cooler talk? Primary source? Mailman? And do you think he just went about the fall with this idea in his head or was this very new and rapid news him bouncing?
Primary source material
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Tightyrighty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Kids a stand up kid that knows what he wants and it was a late choice as he was playing at Shambach Strong for Scranton but once he realized he could finish this winter and go to grad school and play D-1 it was kind of a no brained for him.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

beachbum1334 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:11 pm Long time viewer of the Landmark but new to the forums here! Excited for the 2023 season. Have to imagine teams have been gearing up all fall and now winter for 2023! Any schedules come out yet? And curious to hear everyone's take on how 2023 will play out!
Still waiting for: Elizabethtown College 2022 https://etownbluejays.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule

Catholic University 2023 https://www.catholicathletics.com/sport ... 3/schedule
Drew University 2023 https://drewrangers.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
Goucher College 2023 https://athletics.goucher.edu/sports/ml ... 3/schedule
Juniata University 2023 https://juniata.prestosports.com/sports ... 3/schedule
Moravian College 2023 https://www.moraviansports.com/sports/m ... 3/schedule
Susquehanna University 2023 https://suriverhawks.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
University of Scranton 2023 https://athletics.scranton.edu/sports/m ... 3/schedule
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

QuickRake wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:44 pm Do we really believe that the Crapanzano kid would be transferring mid-year as a senior? Seems much more likely he will be finishing his degree in the spring and then be going to Albany as a grad transfer next year.
He started in D1 back in 2019-2020 at SJU. Then transferred to D3. 2 years there and a COVID year of eligibility. 2 more to go. Leave in Dec, transfer and start Grad work. 2 years at Albany.

The Math works. I'm not a fan of the transfer portal. To me, it seems like the college degree is playing 2nd to lacrosse. Just my opinion.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I completely agree but as long as the kid is furthering his education and getting his master I am ok with it. But, it is a big hit for Scranton and he looked very good this fall. Scranton still has good pieces and I think they will still be tough to handle but they are going to need some kids to step up and fill some holes.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Add W&L and CNU for Catholic. That is a monster of a NC schedule.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”