media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: media matters

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:06 pm Read (or try writing) a military award recommendation, citation or performance evaluation. Count the number of gender based 3rd person pronouns & translate it without using 3rd person singular pronouns. It does not work.
:lol: Oh, you want to abbreviate? Sure: Lt. A for our aforementioned "Lieutenant Anderson) Anything else?

You're acting like a five year old who doesn't want to unload the dishwasher and help mommy, and is coming up with absurd excuses as to why it just can't be done . Who do you think this is fooling?
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:17 pm Your tax dollars at work, The Joint Committee Of The Army, Air Force, and Navy (no Marine Corps cuz they're just a part of the Navy)
whose mission is to ensure proper pronoun use in the Armed Forces.

Recruiting posters:
An Army Of One And Proper Pronouns,
See your Army recruiter.
Reach New Heights With Pilots and Pronouns,
See your Air Force Recruiter.
Sail The Seven Seas With He, She, Or Whatever You Want To Be.
See your Navy recruiter.

This discussion has to rank up near the top of majoring in minor details and insignificance discussions. Mole hill to mountain majorly.
Use of language should be proper for sure, it's nice to hear too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37v-6Zs5T10
:lol: And this is different from how the military handles......everything?

It's comforting that they're making walking from point A to B as complicated and filled with paperwork as possible...it's a military specialty. :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:56 pmold salt wrote: ↑
I ask again -- how are Romance language cultures adapting to this ? Their entire language is gender based.”

Like this: https://strommeninc.com/how-to-use-gend ... -language/

You can “bone” up!
How do you pronounce

Abuel@, Espos@, Niñ@, Novi@, Amigue* ?

What about all the gender based verbs & adjectives ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:18 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:06 pm Read (or try writing) a military award recommendation, citation or performance evaluation. Count the number of gender based 3rd person pronouns & translate it without using 3rd person singular pronouns. It does not work.
:lol: Oh, you want to abbreviate? Sure: Lt. A for our aforementioned "Lieutenant Anderson) Anything else?

You're acting like a five year old who doesn't want to unload the dishwasher and help mommy, and is coming up with absurd excuses as to why it just can't be done . Who do you think this is fooling?
No. A citation has to be read in front of an audience. Repeating the title in every sentence & for every reference is stilted. That's why pronouns exist. Performance evals are reviewed & briefed by promotion boards. You have to convey as much information as possible in limited page space. Redundantly using the title & name consumes too much space & is distracting. Pronouns, as direct objects, enable the use of transitive verbs.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:20 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:17 pm Your tax dollars at work, The Joint Committee Of The Army, Air Force, and Navy (no Marine Corps cuz they're just a part of the Navy)

Recruiting posters:
See your Army recruiter.
See your Navy recruiter.

This discussion has to rank up near the top of majoring in minor details and insignificance discussions. Mole hill to mountain majorly.
:lol: And this is different from how the military handles......everything?

It's comforting that they're making walking from point A to B as complicated and filled with paperwork as possible...it's a military specialty. :lol:
...or you can use a 2 or 3 letter pronoun referencing the subject individual.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:22 pm
I ask again -- how are Romance language cultures adapting to this ? Their entire language is gender based.”

You can “bone” up!
How do you pronounce

Like you would Pendej@….
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:27 pm

No. A citation has to be read in front of an audience. Repeating the title in every sentence & for every reference is stilted. That's why pronouns exist. Performance evals are reviewed & briefed by promotion boards. You have to convey as much information as possible in limited page space. Redundantly using the title & name consumes too much space & is distracting. Pronouns, as direct objects, enable the use of transitive verbs.
Boy, sounds like a SERIOUS problem, OS. Using three whole extra letters and writing "the Lt." on a form instead of "he" is a national emergency. My advice is that the Navy, in light of this issue, should just give up, and surrender to Putin immediately. I mean, really...what other choice do you have?

Maybe you can petition Congress and throw a few billion at this "problem" to create a bunch of jobs in a district that just happens to have a Senator on the appropriations committee, like they always do?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Recruiting posters:
See your Army recruiter.
See your Navy recruiter.

I think you’re missing the point of the inquiry into a pattern of behavior, ego and general hypocrisy (plus I see the tells referenced as well). It’s not about the topic it’s about the general behavior over a long period of time and a pattern that comes with demands, resentment and other adjectives.

That being said it’s a little bit like shouting at a wall because some people won’t ever change or care to and are going to be what they are vs others who are open minded, modest and empathetic. (You fall into theater category from your posting and behavior here, there’s a view that it’s the former with respect to the person the inquiry is being focused on)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:49 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:22 pm

You can “bone” up!
How do you pronounce

Like you would Pendej@….
Of course I had to look that up and of course the first result I’m clicking on is urbandictionary because…I’m me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pendeja
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:53 pm

Boy, sounds like a SERIOUS problem, OS. Using three whole extra letters and writing "the Lt." on a form instead of "he" is a national emergency. My advice is that the Navy, in light of this issue, should just give up, and surrender to Putin immediately. I mean, really...what other choice do you have?

Maybe you can petition Congress and throw a few billion at this "problem" to create a bunch of jobs in a district that just happens to have a Senator on the appropriations committee, like they always do?
We don't use rank abbreviations that way. Which LT ?

Maybe our admiring adversaries will steal out technology.

https://www.rt.com/news/557643-us-navy- ... -training/

From the hometown of our Naval War College & Officer Candidate School.

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/-saf ... ender-lgbt
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:10 pm

Man that place has gone downhill since you left.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 pm

Man that place has gone downhill since you left.
Not that much.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/l ... directive/
Editor’s Note: The following U.S. Navy pronoun directive was leaked to National Review at great personal risk. It would seem that the Navy’s recent pronoun training video has left many sailors confused about what pronouns are, how to use them, and why they should care. This document is super legitimate and comes from an anonymous leaker in the Navy and not from the desk of Luther Abel.

01 Jul 22

To: Director, Surface Officer Distribution Division (PURS-41)
Via: Commanding Officer, U.S.S. STACEY ABRAMS (KG 300)

SUBJ: US NAVY PRONOUN TRAINING GUIDANCE

Ref: (a) MILPERSMAN M4N-B0D

IT HAS COME TO THE ATTENTION OF THE CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS THAT SAILORS ARE MISGENDERING THEIR SHIPMATES. DUE TO THE NATIONAL DEFENSE VALUE OF ACCURATE SAILOR GENDERING, THE CNO HAS PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING GUIDE FOR ALL SAILORS’ BENEFITS. AS WORDS ARE VIOLENCE, SAILORS HENCEFORTH FOUND GUILTY OF MISGENDERING WILL BE PROSECUTED FOR “ASSAULT” UNDER ARTICLE 128 OF THE UCMJ.

Subjective Personal Pronouns — he/she/they
He — HE went to captain’s mast for mansplaining the CIWS system to the junior sailors.
She — SHE avoided FOD walkdown by claiming that skating was mindfulness training.
They — THEY identify as an attack helicopter and so will be provided a hangar bay berth and a ration of JP-5.

Objective Personal Pronouns — him/her/them
Him — “G**d*** these m*****f******. F*** HIM, and F*** you,” said MM2 Hernandez inclusively, as MM2 Abel and GSM2 Guerrero tardily stumbled into Central to assume the 0200 Sounding and Security watches.
Her — “I’m giving HER all she’s got,” said the red-shirted engineer destined to receive 100 percent disability from the VA post-service.
Them — “I would never gundeck like THEM,” said Seaman Timmy observing his nonbinary first class petty officer’s dirtbag demeanor. Seaman Timmy would days later would begin a long and storied career of gundecking maintenance, logs, and personal qualifications. He would retire a senior chief.

Possessive Personal Pronouns — his/her/their
His — HIS qualifications were signed off upon the training petty officer’s receipt of a Monster and a pack of Marlboro Reds.
Her(s) — HER chain of command prolonged morning quarters by tactically piggybacking off of one another for a record thirty-eight hours straight.
Their — THEIR coffee cup was host to new life forms, having been unwashed for seven deployments and three INSURV periods.

Adm. P. Nowne

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/pentagon-t ... tent=share
a fan

Post by a fan »

Great point. Best you steer clear of using pronouns in your imaginary citation, and stick with full names. Could be anyone in the military, for all we know....pronouns are dangerous, and could lead to misidentifications.

On an unrelated note...what were the requirements for acceptance in the USNA in the 70's? Fog a mirror? Combined 1000 on the ol' SAT's? Because I have to say, your inability to solve even the simplest of problems, troubling.

Did someone else fly the planes for you, and you just sat in the back to provide ballast?

(in other words: how much longer are you gonna pretend that you're an utter moron, and can't figure this out in less than five seconds?)
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:50 pm

Great point. Best you steer clear of using pronouns in your imaginary citation, and stick with full names. Could be anyone in the military, for all we know....pronouns are dangerous, and could lead to misidentifications.

On an unrelated note...what were the requirements for acceptance in the USNA in the 70's? Fog a mirror? Combined 1000 on the ol' SAT's? Because I have to say, your inability to solve even the simplest of problems, troubling.

Did someone else fly the planes for you, and you just sat in the back to provide ballast?

(in other words: how much longer are you gonna pretend that you're an utter moron, and can't figure this out in less than five seconds?)
This is no different than folks mispronouncing Kamala Harris’ name despite being corrected and knowing its wrong. I bet a sawbuck Old Sailor has knowingly mispronounced her name more than once. I have friends that do it purposely and I always correct them. They think it’s cute.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:57 pm

This is no different than folks mispronouncing Kamala Harris’ name despite being corrected and knowing its wrong. I bet a sawbuck Old Sailor has knowingly mispronounced her name more than once. I have friends that do it purposely and I always correct them. They think it’s cute.
Same sh*t my 10yr old son does to his little sister. It’s pathetic. I don’t bother. The tree I’m saving from those breaths is worth more. What these inhuman savages don’t understand is that the next step is not caring and writing their humanity off completely. That’s how far they’re pushing it.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:02 pm

Same sh*t my 10yr old son does to his little sister. It’s pathetic. I don’t bother. The tree I’m saving from those breaths is worth more. What these inhuman savages don’t understand is that the next step is not caring and writing their humanity off completely. That’s how far they’re pushing it.
Sorry to disappoint. I don't recall having ever discussed her (verbally) with another living soul.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:09 pm

Sorry to disappoint. I don't recall having ever discussed her (verbally) with another living soul.
I can Venmo you $10.00
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well I give up thinking there’s any depth or intellect there. You win the prize of indifference.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:26 pm

Well I give up thinking there’s any depth or intellect there. You win the prize of indifference.
I don't talk politics at the dog park or with friends. I listen.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:26 pm

I don't talk politics at the dog park or with friends. I listen.
Now that is funny.

Return to “POLITICS”