Remarkable.
DMac

Re: Student Athlete

Post by DMac »

Wow, remarkable indeed.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:57 pm Wow, remarkable indeed.
Six titles. And her junior year lacrosse season was cancelled.
DMac

Post by DMac »

....and
who graduated in May with degrees in molecular biology and biochemistry, was a summa cum laude graduate.
Nuts!!!
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

...and she contributed to published research on iliopsoas muscle tightness and lower back pain in ice hockey players in 2020.
And she solved my low back pain? She should win the Nobel, too!
Kidding aside, so impressive. D1 is definitely not the only path...
Bart

Post by Bart »

GratefulRed wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:10 pm
...and she contributed to published research on iliopsoas muscle tightness and lower back pain in ice hockey players in 2020.
And she solved my low back pain? She should win the Nobel, too!
Kidding aside, so impressive. D1 is definitely not the only path...
Shhhhh......careful what you say and don't say it too loudly. Club parents will be clutching their chests with pain all over the east coast if that gets out.

kid in article is impressive.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wow...that is impressive!!
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I'm going to send this article to my daughters and ask them what the heck they've been doing the past 4 years!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:48 am I'm going to send this article to my daughters and ask them what the heck they've been doing the past 4 years!
I sent it to my daughter; she was speechless. Which, you know, was nice.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:25 am
8meterPA wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:48 am I'm going to send this article to my daughters and ask them what the heck they've been doing the past 4 years!
@8meter, @sea ;-)....I sent it to my daughter and she gave me one of those...are you comparing me? :lol: :D :evil:

Quite a definition of student athlete, that Nicholas!!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:49 pm
@8meter, @sea ;-)....I sent it to my daughter and she gave me one of those...are you comparing me? :lol: :D :evil:

Not sure which you are talking about; but it sure seems like No. 13 could hold her own in this conversation.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:55 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:49 pm

Not sure which you are talking about; but it sure seems like No. 13 could hold her own in this conversation.
I was talking about #13.... :roll:
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Seems like a couple of gator girls
Got themselves arrested in Nashville. What happens in a situation like this? Do coaches have the say in whether to keep them
On the team?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

If this is indeed, true, these girls should be removed from the team. We teach our daughters during the recruiting process to keep their nose clean. Keep this social media clean. Don’t take any pictures with any alcohol. You’re representing not only your team, but your university. What message would you send to your current team and your future recruits if you just let this slide. At the very least, they should be suspended for all the Way games or something along those lines. It will be interesting to see what happens as this develops.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:29 am Seems like a couple of gator girls
Got themselves arrested in Nashville. What happens in a situation like this? Do coaches have the say in whether to keep them
On the team?
Depends on many factors. Internal decision made by coaches that should remain internal.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Bart wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:53 pm
Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:29 am Seems like a couple of gator girls
On the team?
Depends on many factors. Internal decision made by coaches that should remain internal.
What factors would you say would make a difference. I’m trying to decipher between a scholarship being pulled for singing lyrics on the radio(although I hate the music) and drunk and disorderly. Mistakes are mistakes. We all make them. But accountability is huge as a college athlete
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

On the team?
I know what you are saying about keeping it “internal”, but if the girls are over 18 years of age and are adults in the eyes of the courts, why not make things public. Mistakes are made and the young ladies can grow from the experience and maybe others could grow from the experience if other players or young ladies could see what they were arrested for and what the punishments are, both legally and within the Florida lacrosse program.

Maybe future players and parents would have a different impression on the program depending how “things” are handled. I for one would rather have a child play for a coach who holds their players accountable for the decisions they make.

I know none of the details about the above referenced incident in Nashville, I am just making a general comment and I hope the young ladies didn’t do anything serious and it was just youthful indiscretions
Bart

Post by Bart »

Fischer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 pm
On the team?
What factors would you say would make a difference. I’m trying to decipher between a scholarship being pulled for singing lyrics on the radio(although I hate the music) and drunk and disorderly. Mistakes are mistakes. We all make them. But accountability is huge as a college athlete
Every situation is different and what extenuating factors come into play is dependent on the situation. These factors are dictated by the athletes coaches and to a global extent the AD and the University to the extent that any infractions may have had in regards to the student code of conduct handbook. It is not for me to access accountability it is up to those the student is accountable to.
Bart

Post by Bart »

TNLAX wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:07 pm
On the team?
I know what you are saying about keeping it “internal”, but if the girls are over 18 years of age and are adults in the eyes of the courts, why not make things public. Mistakes are made and the young ladies can grow from the experience and maybe others could grow from the experience if other players or young ladies could see what they were arrested for and what the punishments are, both legally and within the Florida lacrosse program.

Maybe future players and parents would have a different impression on the program depending how “things” are handled. I for one would rather have a child play for a coach who holds their players accountable for the decisions they make.

I know none of the details about the above referenced incident in Nashville, I am just making a general comment and I hope the young ladies didn’t do anything serious and it was just youthful indiscretions
Why? Because it isn't anyone's business other than the kids, the team in question and the coaches and AD's.

If your princess made youthful indiscretions would you want it drug around the internet? Before you, global you not you in particular TNLAX< say my princess would never do such a thing....having worked at a college for going on 30 years and sat on the student judicial board for 15 of those years, nothing is more apparent than mom and dad have no clue what their kids are actually up to on campus.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Bart wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:23 pm
TNLAX wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:07 pm
On the team?

Why? Because it isn't anyone's business other than the kids, the team in question and the coaches and AD's.

If your princess made youthful indiscretions would you want it drug around the internet? Before you, global you not you in particular TNLAX< say my princess would never do such a thing....having worked at a college for going on 30 years and sat on the student judicial board for 15 of those years, nothing is more apparent than mom and dad have no clue what their kids are actually up to on campus.
Never worked for a school or university, but it is public record in Nashville if they got arrested and have to go court. If my princess made a mistake, so be it, grow from it. These are young adults, not children anymore.

UVA men’s program for years kept things “internal”, how did that turn out for Dom, the Univeristy and Yardley?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”