The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:03 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:57 pm So I guess for starters, my primary issues are family, then crime, then economy.
That's not what I'm asking, for the 100th time.....

What is DeSantis' plan, Pete? You don't know. Pretty obvious that you don't care.
Kind of a silly question a Fan. Alot of these chuckleheads from both parties tell us they have a plan. To paraphrase Iron Mike Tyson all these plans go right in the crapper the first time the said politician gets punched in the mouth by the other party. The difference between having a plan and being able to implement that plan is a chasm as wide and long as the Grand Canyon. It seems like every party has a plan to fix the problem at the southern border. Also called immigration reform. How have all of those plans worked out over the decades?? IMO not very well.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The GOP has no plan and no platform. Gym Jordan today announced investigations. Nothing about inflation, nothing about crime, nothing about immigration, nothing about gas prices. In fact they voted against several plans. The leadership is so wrapped in its own corruption there us no way out
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:16 pm Kind of a silly question a Fan. Alot of these chuckleheads from both parties tell us they have a plan. To paraphrase Iron Mike Tyson all these plans go right in the crapper the first time the said politician gets punched in the mouth by the other party. The difference between having a plan and being able to implement that plan is a chasm as wide and long as the Grand Canyon. It seems like every party has a plan to fix the problem at the southern border. Also called immigration reform. How have all of those plans worked out over the decades?? IMO not very well.
Well, sure.

But every party and politician has a platform. Well, until Trump showed up, and the Republicans decided for the first time that they didn't need one.

Look at Bernie's platform. Detailed what he would do, and even included how he believed he'd pay for it. We all know there's NO WAY he'd implement even three of the things on his list, because it's about Congress.

But what few simple things do I get from Bernie? I could go on and on, but.....

1. He believes in more taxes
2. He believes in investing in our Veteran's care
3. If he had his way, we'd have A LOT more Government services, in exchange for higher taxes that slants heavily toward the top 20% earners
4. he's pro Green New Deal (whatever that means this week)
5. he's REALLY aggressive in what he wants changed in America
6. his policies CLEARLY slant toward helping the working class....the bottom 75% or so earners.
7. he makes ZERO mention of foreign policy or active military actions. He's ENTIRELY focused on domestic issues, and the working class

That's a pretty good baseline to start with in understanding if you're generally for or against this guy's ideas if he's elected. And no, he can't do any of this stuff alone. It's about Congress.

Meanwhile.....where is the conservative counterpart from Republicans? There isn't one. I don't see one word, other than platitudes, about how Republicans will help the American working class get ahead.

You know my stances on this stuff-----I'm a frustrated Modern Conservative who wants the Federal Republicans to stop worrying about silly cultural stuff that they can't control, and focus on getting our middle class back to the top of the heap, globally. My Colorado Republicans? They're doing a generally fine job of that....actually governing, and providing a counter to more liberal policies.

That's what I want....a middle, reasonable government that pays it's bills. Not much to ask for, imho.
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:39 pm The GOP has no plan and no platform. Gym Jordan today announced investigations. Nothing about inflation, nothing about crime, nothing about immigration, nothing about gas prices. In fact they voted against several plans. The leadership is so wrapped in its own corruption there us no way out
+1.

And every time I ask a Republican "what's THEIR Federal plan to improve America?", they act like I'm insane for daring to ask.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:45 pm
OCanada wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:39 pm The GOP has no plan and no platform. Gym Jordan today announced investigations. Nothing about inflation, nothing about crime, nothing about immigration, nothing about gas prices. In fact they voted against several plans. The leadership is so wrapped in its own corruption there us no way out
+1.

And every time I ask a Republican "what's THEIR Federal plan to improve America?", they act like I'm insane for daring to ask.
They think STOP WOKE ACT will improve America. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:16 pm Kind of a silly question a Fan. Alot of these chuckleheads from both parties tell us they have a plan. To paraphrase Iron Mike Tyson all these plans go right in the crapper the first time the said politician gets punched in the mouth by the other party. The difference between having a plan and being able to implement that plan is a chasm as wide and long as the Grand Canyon. It seems like every party has a plan to fix the problem at the southern border. Also called immigration reform. How have all of those plans worked out over the decades?? IMO not very well.
Well, sure.

But every party and politician has a platform. Well, until Trump showed up, and the Republicans decided for the first time that they didn't need one.

Look at Bernie's platform. Detailed what he would do, and even included how he believed he'd pay for it. We all know there's NO WAY he'd implement even three of the things on his list, because it's about Congress.

3. If he had his way, we'd have A LOT more Government services, in exchange for higher taxes that slants heavily toward the top 20% earners
6. his policies CLEARLY slant toward helping the working class....the bottom 75% or so earners.
7. he makes ZERO mention of foreign policy or active military actions. He's ENTIRELY focused on domestic issues, and the working class

That's a pretty good baseline to start with in understanding if you're generally for or against this guy's ideas if he's elected. And no, he can't do any of this stuff alone. It's about Congress.

Meanwhile.....where is the conservative counterpart from Republicans? There isn't one. I don't see one word, other than platitudes, about how Republicans will help the American working class get ahead.

You know my stances on this stuff-----I'm a frustrated Modern Conservative who wants the Federal Republicans to stop worrying about silly cultural stuff that they can't control, and focus on getting our middle class back to the top of the heap, globally. My Colorado Republicans? They're doing a generally fine job of that....actually governing, and providing a counter to more liberal policies.

That's what I want....a middle, reasonable government that pays it's bills. Not much to ask for, imho.
I can't give you any explanations as to why the Republicans keep making the same mistakes over and over. I'm still befuddled trying to figure out the game plan the Democrats who run NYS are trying to achieve. I know it involves huge sums of money being handed out like gumdrops. Gov. Hochul and Sen. Schumer are talking about a 100 billion dollar plan to help finance a computer chip manufacturing plant outside of Syracuse. There are not alot of details about this plan but there is certainly boundless optimism coming from the people supporting the project. It's only 100 billion dollars.. what could possibly go wrong?? At least there is a plan.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:04 pm I can't give you any explanations as to why the Republicans keep making the same mistakes over and over. I'm still befuddled trying to figure out the game plan the Democrats who run NYS are trying to achieve.
This is my WHOLE point, albeit at a Federal level : where is the counterplan to what the Dems are doing? I don't like a ton of what they do, either, as we've discussed many times.

Because the alternative is to vote Republican's who say "we give up, we don't have a plan, so we'll give you the status quo". That's fine if you're me, and you're a top earner...but what about the rest of our country? What about the working class?

Where's the Conservative guy saying: "Bernie's plan is awful. Here's how you accomplish Bernie's goals of helping working class Americans, but from a Conservative view?"

We need their plan. Desperately.
Last edited by a fan on Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:04 pm
Well, sure.

I can't give you any explanations as to why the Republicans keep making the same mistakes over and over. I'm still befuddled trying to figure out the game plan the Democrats who run NYS are trying to achieve. I know it involves huge sums of money being handed out like gumdrops. Gov. Hochul and Sen. Schumer are talking about a 100 billion dollar plan to help finance a computer chip manufacturing plant outside of Syracuse. There are not alot of details about this plan but there is certainly boundless optimism coming from the people supporting the project. It's only 100 billion dollars.. what could possibly go wrong?? At least there is a plan.
When you are ignorant and don’t read, you miss stuff like this:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/10/04/mic ... plant.html

The company said that the $5.5 billion in incentives from the state of New York over the life of the project, alongside anticipated federal grants and tax credits from the CHIPS and Science Act, "are critical to support hiring and capital investment."

If $100 billion from NYS is to “help”, what do you estimate the total value of the project to be? What are the Principals putting in?

More stuff Pyle won’t read: https://www.enr.com/articles/54776-inte ... oject-wave
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The GOP back in the 60s began to build an infrastructure and plan to make it the permanent ruling party. They looked at demographics and realized they would soon never win a free snd open national election. They began to focus on state elections where if they could win control they could change voting laws snd more importantly gerrymander their way to power. They have had a lot of success based on their combination of strategies including closing polling places, slow walking voter registration and issuance of government ID cards, changing laws to address issues that don’t exist and trying to revisit reconstruction. Their constituency in large part are not issue voters. Two people have just donated more than $600 million to a dark money PAC to presumably help Walker. Who along w Oz etc is not running to govern or offer solutions and both from outside the state they are running to represent. Arguably the House leadership has no interest in governing. Jordan’s agenda makes that very clear.
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

OCanada wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:34 am The GOP back in the 60s began to build an infrastructure and plan to make it the permanent ruling party. They looked at demographics and realized they would soon never win a free snd open national election. They began to focus on state elections where if they could win control they could change voting laws snd more importantly gerrymander their way to power. They have had a lot of success based on their combination of strategies including closing polling places, slow walking voter registration and issuance of government ID cards, changing laws to address issues that don’t exist and trying to revisit reconstruction. Their constituency in large part are not issue voters. Two people have just donated more than $600 million to a dark money PAC to presumably help Walker. Who along w Oz etc is not running to govern or offer solutions and both from outside the state they are running to represent. Arguably the House leadership has no interest in governing. Jordan’s agenda makes that very clear.

Everything you just said, I can easily make the case that Democrats are guilty of the same. You realize that?

If Republicans sought "to change the voting laws", why are Republicans the ones complaining about ballot harvesting? Are you aware of the Illinois and Maryland gerrymandering? NY's was so egregious, a liberal judge knocked it down.

And why are you so opposed to voter identification? Why would anyone oppose that?!?!? I think every civilized country in the world uses voter ID, but American can not? You want people too distrust elections, keep opposing voter ID. This is the biggest no-brainer rule change necessary in this country that I can think of. I am curious why anyone opposes it. Actually, I am suspicious.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Pathetic
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OCanada wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:48 amPathetic
Yup. Foe button. Boycott Dumb.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Yup. Boycott stupid.

But blocking stupid is ineffective when stupid keeps coming back under a new alias.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:05 am Yup. Boycott stupid.

But blocking stupid is ineffective when stupid keeps coming back under a new alias.
+1
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:13 pm Might as well put this here:

https://morningconsult.com/2022/11/16/t ... y-popular/
... republiCONs sure can pick important issues. :lol: :lol: please, please don't throw me in that briar patch ...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:09 pm

... republiCONs sure can pick important issues. :lol: :lol: please, please don't throw me in that briar patch ...
The charts are interesting, though, don’t you think? The GOP has really shaped its constituency’s views to focus on a lot of things that are unrelated to their immediate or direct wellbeing.
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

Those decisions, to the extent they are actually true (count me a skeptic), are the result of McCarthy trying to win the Speakership. The far right distrusts him. He's tossing them a bone for now. I wish he wouldn't (I wish he'd tell them to f*ck right off), but I understand the play.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:04 pm
Well, sure.

When you are ignorant and don’t read, you miss stuff like this:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/10/04/mic ... plant.html

The company said that the $5.5 billion in incentives from the state of New York over the life of the project, alongside anticipated federal grants and tax credits from the CHIPS and Science Act, "are critical to support hiring and capital investment."

If $100 billion from NYS is to “help”, what do you estimate the total value of the project to be? What are the Principals putting in?

More stuff Pyle won’t read: https://www.enr.com/articles/54776-inte ... oject-wave
I'm ignorant enough to know the people of NYS have been conned with this chit before. You remember King Andy and his corrupt plan called the Buffalo Billions. Let me guess there TLD... This time it will be different. In the King Andy era it was about state of the art optical technology. This time it will be about manufacturing computer chips. I read and understand very well TLD. You apparently have NO CLUE how this game of billion dollar gambits is played out in NYS. It never works out the way it is advertised. I'm guessing you would have felt the same optimism about the Buffalo Billions. I'm guessing using your criteria I didn't understand that chitshow either? No worry for me because this time it will be different. Get back to me when the first chip rolls off the assembly line ... somewhere around 2090.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:18 pm

The charts are interesting, though, don’t you think? The GOP has really shaped its constituency’s views to focus on a lot of things that are unrelated to their immediate or direct wellbeing.
... the republiCONs will pay an electoral price for this in 2 years. Let them have their fun. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”