VIRGINIA Lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DALaxDad

Re: VIRGINIA Lacrosse

Post by DALaxDad »

I don't see it as bizarre at all. If he is the second best goaltender, he plays. He hasn't quit; he is on the team, coming to practice like everyone else. And, while he may transfer, that hasn't happened yet and may not.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

If 3 teams 2-2 in acc, what's the tie breaker? Goals against?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

laxmaven wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:56 pmPlayers are leaving because of coaching behavior not playing time.
A bit off topic but... I continue to be perplexed by why a kid would want to play for a coach that regularly rages at them, the team, the ref, other coaches, etc.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DALaxDad wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:49 pm I don't see it as bizarre at all. If he is the second best goaltender, he plays. He hasn't quit; he is on the team, coming to practice like everyone else. And, while he may transfer, that hasn't happened yet and may not.
I did.Chacun à son goût.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:39 pm
laxmaven wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:56 pmPlayers are leaving because of coaching behavior not playing time.
A bit off topic but... I continue to be perplexed by why a kid would want to play for a coach that regularly rages at them, the team, the ref, other coaches, etc.
Tierney is the avatar for egregious behavior within the coaching ranks.Yet has enjoyed more than a modicum of success throughout the years. Who else is leaving?
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:35 am
The Orfling wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:52 pm
reLAX wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:01 pm
If I were the other 2 goalies on UVA who watched Burkinshaw go In to play today, after announcing his decision to transfer, I’d wonder if team loyalty was even appreciated... that wasn’t fair to them at all.
Burkinshaw got a total of 48 seconds while the starter was serving a penalty. I doubt the other goalies had a problem with that.
Why Burkinshaw?Two other goalies on the roster.An uncomfortable if not bizarre :? decision to say the least.
Because he’s the number two, and VIrginia is trying to win a lacrosse game and wants the guy with the most game experience going in in that situation. And because players are allowed to put their names into a transfer portal. Are you suggesting that any player who does should be retaliated against by being sent to the bottom of the depth chart? I’m sure that is not the policy of the Virginia athletic department.
reLAX

Post by reLAX »

The Orfling wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:24 pm
If I were the other 2 goalies on UVA who watched Burkinshaw go In to play today, after announcing his decision to transfer, I’d wonder if team loyalty was even appreciated... that wasn’t fair to them at all.
Burkinshaw got a total of 48 seconds while the starter was serving a penalty. I doubt the other goalies had a problem with that.
Why Burkinshaw?Two other goalies on the roster.An uncomfortable if not bizarre :? decision to say the least.
Because he’s the number two, and VIrginia is trying to win a lacrosse game and wants the guy with the most game experience going in in that situation. And because players are allowed to put their names into a transfer portal. Are you suggesting that any player who does should be retaliated against by being sent to the bottom of the depth chart? I’m sure that is not the policy of the Virginia athletic department.
So “I’ll stay and play for you until something better comes along”.. and the rest of the team is supposed to be fine with that? You don’t think the other players on the team take issue with that? It was stated he went in for 48 seconds while Rode served a penalty... the other goalies weren’t capable of doing that? The issue is team loyalty. Not whether or not he has the right to transfer.
laxmaven

Post by laxmaven »

reLAX wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:32 am
The Orfling wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:24 pm
So “I’ll stay and play for you until something better comes along”.. and the rest of the team is supposed to be fine with that? You don’t think the other players on the team take issue with that? It was stated he went in for 48 seconds while Rode served a penalty... the other goalies weren’t capable of doing that? The issue is team loyalty. Not whether or not he has the right to transfer.
According to EVERYONE in D1 lacrosse, Tiffany has zero loyalty from MOST of his players. Apparently not the guy you want in your foxhole. Especially true for players not in the starting rotation.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I agree with Wahoomurf. BIzarre.

Also, how does Wahoomurf get accent symbols on French words like he does?!?!? I type "chacun a son gout" and nothing happens!
molo

Post by molo »

Pretty harsh allegation. “Everyone” is not necessarily the same as backups who resent not playing more.
molo

Post by molo »

Might need a French option on your keyboard.i have one for Spanish. Also could be an alt code.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

"According to EVERYONE in D1 lacrosse, Tiffany has zero loyalty from MOST of his players. Apparently not the guy you want in your foxhole. Especially true for players not in the starting rotation."

I am not a Virginia fan, or have any dog in this fight, but this is simply not true. I know several who have played for him at both Brown and UVA.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 am "According to EVERYONE in D1 lacrosse, Tiffany has zero loyalty from MOST of his players. Apparently not the guy you want in your foxhole. Especially true for players not in the starting rotation."

I am not a Virginia fan, or have any dog in this fight, but this is simply not true. I know several who have played for him at both Brown and UVA.
Agreed; simply not true.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

I am pretty close with some of the players and their parents.

I have yet to hear either whine about Tiffany.😐

But I don"t know EVERYONE IN D-1.🙄
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reLAX

Post by reLAX »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:20 pm I am pretty close with some of the players and their parents.

But I don"t EVERYONE.🙄

Bottom line is this. Regardless of the relationship w the coaching staff, the issue of playing time, whatever the reason, no one is questioning His reason for leaving. The issue is one of questionable judgment in this instance. All I’m saying if he waited till the end of the season to enter the transfer portal, he’s a great prospect. To do this now, COULD Be perceived as a great transfer prospect.. with some baggage. What does the new coach take on if he becomes “not happy” at the new school.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:37 pm
xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 am "According to EVERYONE in D1 lacrosse, Tiffany has zero loyalty from MOST of his players. Apparently not the guy you want in your foxhole. Especially true for players not in the starting rotation."

Agreed; simply not true.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

reLAX wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:56 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:20 pm I am pretty close with some of the players and their parents.

But I don"t Know EVERYONE IN D-1 LACROSSE.🙄

Bottom line is this. Regardless of the relationship w the coaching staff, the issue of playing time, whatever the reason, no one is questioning His reason for leaving. The issue is one of questionable judgment in this instance. All I’m saying if he waited till the end of the season to enter the transfer portal, he’s a great prospect. To do this now, COULD Be perceived as a great transfer prospect.. with some baggage. What does the new coach take on if he becomes “not happy” at the new school.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

But I don"t EVERYONE.🙄

I am not sure why he would not just wait until the season is over and then enter the transfer portal other than to re-open his recruitment. I believe once a player enters his name in the portal, the coach can withdraw scholarship support for the next year even if the player decides to stay. Maybe, the player wants to make sure that scholarship money (if it is a factor) is not promised away by coaches that have an interest.
“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:30 am

I agree with Wahoomurf. BIzarre.

Also, how does Wahoomurf get accent symbols on French words like he does?!?!? I type "chacun a son gout" and nothing happens!
Pierre mon ami.Désolé,Piere mon ami. Permettez-moi de vous expliquer. J'emprunte librement les traductions trouvées sur l'OED.

And sometime,Legerdemain.Hell I can barely recite the alphabet...I need all the help I can get. :|
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:52 pm

I have yet to hear either whine about Tiffany.
I am not sure why he would not just wait until the season is over and then enter the transfer portal other than to re-open his recruitment. I believe once a player enters his name in the portal, the coach can withdraw scholarship support for the next year even if the player decides to stay. Maybe, the player wants to make sure that scholarship money (if it is a factor) is not promised away by coaches that have an interest.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”