Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
elonmuskrockefeller

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:31 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:41 am First, Lee Zeldin should be given a prime job with the RNC.

Second, the 2024 GOP race is Desantis' if he wants it, with Youngkin a close second. The megadonors have spoken.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/15/as-trum ... icans.html

It's all over, before it even started. Desantis is handling Trump like a champ, ignoring him, working on being an executive. Desantis and Youngkin are so far and away the two best governors in America, it's scary.
That's great.

Where's the press release for TrumpNation voters abandoning him? It ain't even close to over.....

https://nypost.com/2022/11/16/gop-megad ... house-run/

It's happening.

Not only that, he was too quick to announce. No one announces this soon and survives. He won't get any large donors; outside of the lunatics who support him even if he shoots someone on 5th avenue, he has alienated the Republican base. Sure, he's got some dough stashed away in his PAC, but it's not enough by a long shot, and that tank ain't getting refilled anyy day soon (McConnell is running the planned media releases like yesterday with Griffin, today with Schwarzman; Mitch has a year long anti-Trump strategy planned down to the tee). The GOP is cutting off his legal defense. And it's now more likely than ever Trump will be indicted on some charges related to the Trump Org and Georgia.

Both Desantis and Youngkin have time on their side to frustrate Trump by not engaging. The ultimate nominee will be one or the other Desantis or Youngkin, and I think Scott will be the VP.

Say good-bye to the Donald, even if he stays in the game for a year.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:41 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:41 am First, Lee Zeldin should be given a prime job with the RNC.

Second, the 2024 GOP race is Desantis' if he wants it, with Youngkin a close second. The megadonors have spoken.

It's all over, before it even started. Desantis is handling Trump like a champ, ignoring him, working on being an executive. Desantis and Youngkin are so far and away the two best governors in America, it's scary.
That's great.

Where's the press release for TrumpNation voters abandoning him? It ain't even close to over.....

It's happening.

Not only that, he was too quick to announce. No one announces this soon and survives. He won't get any large donors; outside of the lunatics who support him even if he shoots someone on 5th avenue, he has alienated the Republican base. Sure, he's got some dough stashed away in his PAC, but it's not enough by a long shot, and that tank ain't getting refilled anyy day soon (McConnell is running the planned media releases like yesterday with Griffin, today with Schwarzman; Mitch has a year long anti-Trump strategy planned down to the tee). The GOP is cutting off his legal defense. And it's now more likely than ever Trump will be indicted on some charges related to the Trump Org and Georgia.

Both Desantis and Youngkin have time on their side to frustrate Trump by not engaging. The ultimate nominee will be one or the other Desantis or Youngkin, and I think Scott will be the VP.

Expected. But he will not leave the field; if you think that, you haven't been listening and watching, either as elonmuskettelle or Pete. And he will occupy significant space with donors still, maybe not the big pay to play folks described in this article, but grassroots fundraising and grift from his cult.
elonmuskrockefeller

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:45 pm

That's great.

It's happening.

Expected. But he will not leave the field; if you think that, you haven't been listening and watching, either as elonmuskettelle or Pete. And he will occupy significant space with donors still, maybe not the big pay to play folks described in this article, but grassroots fundraising and grift from his cult.

Not getting the big donors is kryptonite to a free spending campaign like Trump's. His 757 burns nearly $6,500 per hour in fuel, not accounting for the other direct and variable costs. He can not survive on small donors, unless he wants to travel by bus to all fifty states. I don't see the Donald doing that.

Put a fork in the campaign.

(some pros are saying that Trump announced a bid because he thinks it will immunize him from an indictment...)
elonmuskrockefeller

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:52 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:45 pm

That's great.

It's happening.

Not getting the big donors is kryptonite to a free spending campaign like Trump's. His 757 burns nearly $6,500 per hour in fuel, not accounting for the other direct and variable costs. He can not survive on small donors, unless he wants to travel by bus to all fifty states. I don't see the Donald doing that.

Put a fork in the campaign.

(some pros are saying that Trump announced a bid because he thinks it will immunize him from an indictment...)

#3!!!! Ron Lauder says 'no mas' to Trump, and yes to Desantis!!!

Add this to Griffin and Schwarzman.

Mitch knows what he's doing, folks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/16/trump-a ... ident.html
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

That's great.

+1

... KellyAnne doesn't seem to understand that 40-50% of the base isn't going to leave Trump and move to DeSanctimonious as long as Trump is alive. DeSanctimonious will have to be more racist, more homophobic, more xenophobic, more misogynistic and more hateful than Trump, just to get his foot in the door with these folks. Now Ronnie is capable, he is as big if not bigger scumbag than Trump, but Trump will just keep upping the ante. Burning all chances of DeSanctimonious ever appealing to the growing numbers of folks who would and will never vote for Trump (or DeSanctimonious).

lay in a big supply of popcorn! This will be fun to watch.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I'm not buying the DeSantis and empty suit Youngkin argument, Trump clearly is a game changer. Nick told me so...

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/stat ... 9250472960
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

John and Joan Maga from East Bumfork Texas announced today that they just withdrew another $50 from their IRA to support Donald Trump for President.

:lol: :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:02 pm I'm not buying the DeSantis and empty suit Youngkin argument, Trump clearly is a game changer. Nick told me so...

Love this guy. One of the true putzes of the Twitter sphere. I would believe a thing he says, and if he was in close proximity to two college educated women, I’m certain they were creeped out by alpha male.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump got quite far in 2016 without big money. Either to the nomination or close to it. By that timeline, he would get at least to the spring of 2024 without big money. If he gets the nomination, the money will follow. No doubt about that. Even Rupert Murdoch would come crawling back.

And given the rules for Republican primaries, Trump is the odds on favorite to win the nomination. In fact, the only scenario I can see in which he doesn’t get the nomination is if only one or two other candidates run. And that ain’t gonna happen. Even then, Trump would run third-party and blow up the Republican nominee.

And don’t forget. If a small donor donates to Trump, he has to wade through 60 pages of fine print to uncheck the box that says his donation will be withdrawn on a monthly basis until Trump dies. Wouldn’t surprise me if they have modified the website now so that you can’t stop the monthly donations short of closing your bank account or canceling your credit card.

I heard Barbara McQuade on MSNBC said that she thinks the justice department‘s policy of not indicting candidates running for office might kick in when the Republican primaries start. I’m not sure of that, but if that’s the case, the clock is really ticking now.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:05 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:02 pm I'm not buying the DeSantis and empty suit Youngkin argument, Trump clearly is a game changer. Nick told me so...

Love this guy. One of the true putzes of the Twitter sphere. I would believe a thing he says, and if he was in close proximity to two college educated women, I’m certain they were creeped out by alpha male.
It's a terrific tweet! He just happened to overhear them talking politics, right before or after he overheard them talking about their college graduation ceremonies. Why didn't they listen to Trump when he was campaigning for Republicans in the mid-terms? Nick says he also overheard them talking about how they were serving in the Peace Corps in rural Honduras until right before they cast their votes for Democrats in the 2022 mid-terms!!
elonmuskrockefeller

A very good article by CNN of all places about Desantis and how he's driving Trump to make poor, desperate decisions. Desantis is becoming better by the day, easing into a stateman-like role, something of course Trump will never achieve.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/politics ... index.html

Of course the more Desantis rises in polls, the more we have to hear from some here that Ron is the worst, actual fascist, not the previous worst guy fascist Trump. :lol:

It's going to be wild reading some posters start defending Trump as a better alternative to a family guy like Desantis because ____________ (fill in the blank, the reasons of course don't matter, it's all Democratic performative nonsense).

You sound so silly, and you know who you are.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Who has been our shortest POTUS candidate yet?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:59 pm Who has been our shortest POTUS candidate yet?
is this a contest, riddle or a trick question?

klobuchar?

maybe monroe (or madison?) for the olden days looked short in pictures. or burr.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:09 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:59 pm Who has been our shortest POTUS candidate yet?

klobuchar?

maybe monroe for the olden days he looked short in pictures. or burr.
Madison was only 5' 4" as was Stephen Douglas (who lost to Lincoln in 1860)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:09 pm

klobuchar?

maybe monroe for the olden days he looked short in pictures. or burr.
Madison was only 5' 4" as was Stephen Douglas (who lost to Lincoln in 1860)
i had edited post, couldn't remember which. it's madison then... memory from central virginia touristing long ago... which given the school and madison's properties, should've remembered but they're all right near each other.
elonmuskrockefeller

Not POTUS candidate, but Josh Shapiro weighs in around 5'5" when he tip-toes.

If you're referring to Ron D, he's around 5'11". I know. I've stood next to him. He isn't short if that's what your aim was.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:24 pm

If you're referring to Ron D, he's around 5'11". I know. I've stood next to him. He isn't short if that's what your aim was.
When did he visit you in NY numbtnutz? :oops: :oops: :oops:

or is your PeteyBrown showing again?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:26 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:24 pm

When did he visit you in NY numbtnutz? :oops: :oops: :oops:

or is your PeteyBrown showing again?
.. DeSantis is only 5-11, when wearing his wife's hooker boots. :lol:
Olderbarndog

Post by Olderbarndog »

"around 5'11". I know. I've stood next to him. He isn't short if that's what your aim was"

Standing in those stylish muck boots he rocked post hurricane?
elonmuskrockefeller

Olderbarndog wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:42 pm "around 5'11". I know. I've stood next to him. He isn't short if that's what your aim was"

Standing in those stylish muck boots he rocked post hurricane?

The hurricane he managed perfectly? You might have noticed he was just re-elected by a margin of 20% in a purple state.

Return to “POLITICS”