2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ardilla secreta

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by ardilla secreta »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:49 pm Nice use of “yadda yadda yadda.” +1
Pardon me for channeling my inner-FFG, but ask Fetterman about Brazil nuts.

Now back to our regular programming
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:48 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:06 pm I didn't know Fetterman's wife and mother of his kids is a good looking Brazilian. You'd think Pete would be all over this guy's stuff. :)

You know as soon as he closes his office door, he’s ditching the suit and tie and putting on a hoodie and cargo shorts.
A few more hoodies on the floor of the Senate will be a GOOD thing! :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:08 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:48 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:06 pm I didn't know Fetterman's wife and mother of his kids is a good looking Brazilian. You'd think Pete would be all over this guy's stuff. :)

You know as soon as he closes his office door, he’s ditching the suit and tie and putting on a hoodie and cargo shorts.
A few more hoodies on the floor of the Senate will be a GOOD thing! :lol:

Yeah more guys like 1% meta mark
njbill

Post by njbill »

Visited my ex sister-in-law this evening. She works for the Senate and says she was right there when this photo was taken. Says no one was paying any attention to John Fetterman. His wife, on the other hand . . . .
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:20 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:09 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:39 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:15 pm ... what a dumbass. :roll:

- Biden is responsible for the fact that Elon Musk bought a business and is in the process of driving it into the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Biden is responsible for the fact that advertisers and users are leaving facbook due to its toxic nature.
- Biden is responsible for the fact that every movie streaming service is tanking because there are too many with lousy business models.

Next you'll blame Biden for the fact that you are a know nothing troll. :lol: :lol: :lol:
El Ka-bong wants Joe to run private industry…

His next handle will be ElonCheGuevaraMusk
My boy Elon Musk has the best humor of any billionaire alive today, maybe ever. He is killing it on Twitter, just rehired Ligma and Johnson. Posted a photo even.
I just track the economics around the deal. The other stuff I leave to you Band- - - o

Can't keep unmotivated, poor culture-fit employees on staff. $14 Billion of debt is a lot of annual interest service, so the remaining team needs to be dialed in for service, speed, humor, and experience.

Woke Twitter employees just don't cut it in the new tech era. They can learn to weld, the country needs more welders.
What’s twitter’s cash flow?

$1.1Billion. But that's before the firings. He's adding over $500,000,000 by laying off 3750 employees.
‘do…the last numbers I saw were between $200MM and $500MM…you got $1.1B pro forma? What was the bridge to $1.1B?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/t ... 022-11-07/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:20 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:09 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:39 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:15 pm ... what a dumbass. :roll:

- Biden is responsible for the fact that Elon Musk bought a business and is in the process of driving it into the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Biden is responsible for the fact that advertisers and users are leaving facbook due to its toxic nature.
- Biden is responsible for the fact that every movie streaming service is tanking because there are too many with lousy business models.

Next you'll blame Biden for the fact that you are a know nothing troll. :lol: :lol: :lol:
El Ka-bong wants Joe to run private industry…

His next handle will be ElonCheGuevaraMusk
My boy Elon Musk has the best humor of any billionaire alive today, maybe ever. He is killing it on Twitter, just rehired Ligma and Johnson. Posted a photo even.
I just track the economics around the deal. The other stuff I leave to you Band- - - o

Can't keep unmotivated, poor culture-fit employees on staff. $14 Billion of debt is a lot of annual interest service, so the remaining team needs to be dialed in for service, speed, humor, and experience.

Woke Twitter employees just don't cut it in the new tech era. They can learn to weld, the country needs more welders.
What’s twitter’s cash flow?

$1.1Billion. But that's before the firings. He's adding over $500,000,000 by laying off 3750 employees.
‘do…the last numbers I saw were between $200MM and $500MM…you got $1.1B pro forma? What was the bridge to $1.1B?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/t ... 022-11-07/
Thanks. EBITDA had been in the $200MM to $500MM range. Hadn’t seen a $1.1B TTM number.
“I wish you would!”
elonmuskrockefeller

The hits keep coming. Every time I'm tempted to throw my hands up in despair, over either suspect voting schemes or the abject idiocy/greed of so many voters in America, I have to remind myself that politics is often a swing too far on one side cycle to cycle, and the reversion to the middle eventually comes. It has to, or the country/city/state fails.

Los Angeles is beyond effed for the next 4 years...

How anyone could pull the lever for Karen Bass over Rick Caruso is truly incomprehensible. Bass is a perpetual politician of zero accomplishment, mildly corrupt, fully divisive, at all times seeking to squeeze taxpayers. And as always seems the case with these clowns, not married. Her campaign was a disaster from the get go.

Rick Caruso is a self made billionaire, incredibly ethical, family oriented. who ran an absolutely stellar campaign. Many Democrats came out in support of him. Basically the most accomplished guy you will meet in life. Were we all him.

In the face of this race, Los Angeles is falling apart at the seams, with uncontrolled violent crime, homelessness, and seething anger. Democrats, of course, have run this sh*tshow forever.

So the votes came in late well past election day, *as always*, lifting Bass over Caruso.

My friends in LA are in hysterics, scared for what is about to further befall the city, not knowing if they should stay and simply hire personal guards (like Mexico City...great, huh.) or leave for easier places to raise families like Texas, Tennessee, and Florida.

I truly do not understand how any sane human can identify with the Democratic Party unless you demand change from some of your leaders, in this case regarding crime. Trump gave you a temporary reason to be a Democrat if only because he's a chaotic clown, but he's gone now. If your intention is to remain a Democrat, you must do something today to change what is happening in the cities your run; it's simply not fair to the people who live there, to be under the gun of out of control crime. Looking at you too, Brook, with Minneapolis, or you jhu72 and MD with Baltimore, and so forth.

Maybe crime needs to get that much implausibly worse before you change teams, or your team begins to take this sh*t seriously, but man, this is an historic disaster, electing Bass over Caruso. Shameful. Ominous. Defaulting. Bass over Caruso...just not even real, to be frank. No one normal would make that choice.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ok, Petey.
"teams"
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:07 am ok, Petey.
"teams"
Throwing sh*t in the zone. Foe button.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:52 pm Visited my ex sister-in-law this evening. She works for the Senate and says she was right there when this photo was taken. Says no one was paying any attention to John Fetterman. His wife, on the other hand . . . .

I can see why :)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Great example of the totally confused, mis-directed priorities and concerns that live in the MAGAt brain these days.

Whine and complain 'til the cows come home about crime, drugs, etc., etc...but have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do, or how to address, the issue from a governance standpoint. No mention of the rampant crime and various other societal problems in "red-run states"...as IF the "color" of the governing model had ANYTHING to do with it...

Clueless MAGAt lizard brain. One big reason why that "team" is dying a slow, self-inflicted and painful death...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:05 am The hits keep coming. Every time I'm tempted to throw my hands up in despair, over either suspect voting schemes or the abject idiocy/greed of so many voters in America, I have to remind myself that politics is often a swing too far on one side cycle to cycle, and the reversion to the middle eventually comes. It has to, or the country/city/state fails.

How anyone could pull the lever for Karen Bass over Rick Caruso is truly incomprehensible. Bass is a perpetual politician of zero accomplishment, mildly corrupt, fully divisive, at all times seeking to squeeze taxpayers. And as always seems the case with these clowns, not married. Her campaign was a disaster from the get go.

Rick Caruso is a self made billionaire, incredibly ethical, family oriented. who ran an absolutely stellar campaign. Many Democrats came out in support of him. Basically the most accomplished guy you will meet in life. Were we all him.

In the face of this race, Los Angeles is falling apart at the seams, with uncontrolled violent crime, homelessness, and seething anger. Democrats, of course, have run this sh*tshow forever.

So the votes came in late well past election day, *as always*, lifting Bass over Caruso.

My friends in LA are in hysterics, scared for what is about to further befall the city, not knowing if they should stay and simply hire personal guards (like Mexico City...great, huh.) or leave for easier places to raise families like Texas, Tennessee, and Florida.

I truly do not understand how any sane human can identify with the Democratic Party unless you demand change from some of your leaders, in this case regarding crime. Trump gave you a temporary reason to be a Democrat if only because he's a chaotic clown, but he's gone now. If your intention is to remain a Democrat, you must do something today to change what is happening in the cities your run; it's simply not fair to the people who live there, to be under the gun of out of control crime. Looking at you too, Brook, with Minneapolis, or you jhu72 and MD with Baltimore, and so forth.

Maybe crime needs to get that much implausibly worse before you change teams, or your team begins to take this sh*t seriously, but man, this is an historic disaster, electing Bass over Caruso. Shameful. Ominous. Defaulting. Bass over Caruso...just not even real, to be frank. No one normal would make that choice.
"under the gun of out of control crime"

Oh the irony. I thought the answer to all civic problems was a "good (read, white, former college athlete, 'married with children', self-made plutocrat) with a gun or several?

"No one normal would make that choice."

Do you know what a "norm" is?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
elonmuskrockefeller

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:03 am Great example of the totally confused, mis-directed priorities and concerns that live in the MAGAt brain these days.

Whine and complain 'til the cows come home about crime, drugs, etc., etc...but have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do, or how to address, the issue from a governance standpoint. No mention of the rampant crime and various other societal problems in "red-run states"...as IF the "color" of the governing model had ANYTHING to do with it...

Clueless MAGAt lizard brain. One big reason why that "team" is dying a slow, self-inflicted and painful death...

That team just won a plurality of voters across the country, as well as controlling most governor races, most statehouses, and of course The House of Representatives. Some 'death'.
elonmuskrockefeller

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:06 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:05 am The hits keep coming. Every time I'm tempted to throw my hands up in despair, over either suspect voting schemes or the abject idiocy/greed of so many voters in America, I have to remind myself that politics is often a swing too far on one side cycle to cycle, and the reversion to the middle eventually comes. It has to, or the country/city/state fails.

"under the gun of out of control crime"

Oh the irony. I thought the answer to all civic problems was a "good (read, white, former college athlete, 'married with children', self-made plutocrat) with a gun or several?

"No one normal would make that choice."

Do you know what a "norm" is?

Yes, 'normal' is voting to eliminate crime.

'Weird' is rewarding politicians who promote it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:05 am
Maybe crime needs to get that much implausibly worse before you change teams, or your team begins to take this sh*t seriously
Pete, to the shock of no one, the States with the highest violent crime rates are all Republican-run. #1-#10.

Lowest Crime rates? Hawaii, Idaho, Wyoming, Rhode Island, Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. All run by Dems, save one.

Crime is relatively low in America, compared with our history.

But to the point: what the F does voting for you team do? The number one State for violent crime is Alaska, run by Mike Dunleavy.

What's your advice, Pete? What's the plan? How does he get violent crime down? Remember: your team saw fit to make sure that everyone has a gun. So....now what?

Every time I ask this, you run and hide. Your plan is "vote Republican, and pretend that that does something". :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

That team just won a plurality of voters across the country,
Yawn.

GOP can muster a winning majority hand only in low turnout elections. Like a mid-term, local or primary. Or in the Electoral College. Duh. Obvious. Geezers watching FNC always vote.

For 2022, GOP got 53.4M votes nation wide (51.2%). Dems got 49.3M (47.3%). 103M total votes.

2020, the national congressional vote was 77.5M votes D (50.8%) vs. 72.8M GOP (47.7%). 150M votes.

Wake me up when the GOP actually gets a real majority of the country.

2020 -- nope.
2016 -- nope.
2012 -- nope.
2008 -- nope.
2004 -- yes.
2000 -- nope.
1996 -- nope.
1992 -- nope.

The GOP is only viable because they can win in places where a minority can win -- low turn out elections, Electoral College, gerry mandered districts, US Senate, SCOTUS. And those efforts are boosted by the GOP's rat-forking voter suppression.

How long until your Petey suspension and your Bandito suspension are up?

Please go away loser Gator troll boy. It is a pain to have to block all of your duplicate personas on here.
Last edited by ggait on Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:31 pm
That team just won a plurality of voters across the country,
Yawn.

GOP can muster a winning majority hand only in low turnout elections. Like a mid-term, local or primary. Or in the Electoral College. Duh. Obvious. Geezers watching FNC always vote.

For 2022, GOP got 53.4M votes nation wide (51.2%). Dems got 49.3M (47.3%).

2020, the national congressional vote was 77.5M votes D (50.8%) vs. 72.8M GOP (47.7%).

Wake me up when the GOP actually gets a real majority of the country.

2020 -- nope.
2016 -- nope.
2012 -- nope.
2008 -- nope.
2004 -- yes.
2000 -- nope.
1996 -- nope.
1992 -- nope.

The GOP is only viable because they can win in places where a minority can win -- low turn out elections, Electoral College, gerry mandered districts, US Senate, SCOTUS. And those efforts are boosted by the GOP's rat-forking voter suppression.

How long until your Petey suspension and your Bandito suspension are up?

Please go away loser Gator troll boy. It is a pain to have to block all of your duplicate personas on here.
Amen. Sadly Petey and elmopetey will be back in stereo by tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Use the FOE button. :D
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Pelosi leaving leadership on her terms. Will serve out her new term. People who study the history of congress do and will in future consider her one of the great speakers.

Great lady.

Looks like a total leadership turn over but for Jim Clyburn. Expect it will be very smooth, the Pelosi way!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:53 pm Pelosi leaving leadership on her terms. Will serve out her new term. People who study the history of congress do and will in future consider her one of the great speakers.

Great lady.
Which elected professional woman will r's hate next?

I also note that Schumer took Feinstein out of President Pro Temp path, skipping Diane to Murray.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

One of the great statespeople of our age. The photo if her standing, among all the seated suits, in the cabinet room with her finger pointing at the naughty boundary-free little boy pretending to be President will be an iconic image of her tenure.

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/ ... 33/photo/1
Last edited by Seacoaster(1) on Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”