2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:37 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:17 am How the democrats meddled in GOP Senate recruitment. A little inside baseball.
This is a pretty big story up here in New Hampshire, where it is said the Democrats worked to get Bolduc on the final ballot ahead of a few well-known local legislators. In the end, not sure I buy it; the primary was dominated by election denying voters...who chose their candidate.
... I don't doubt the dems took the actions claimed, whether they were determinative is the question.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

“It would be a bad mistake for the Republicans to have Donald Trump as their nominee in 2024. Donald Trump has proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude and a lot of other things that alienate so many independents and Republicans. Even a candidate who campaigns from his basement can beat him.”

That's from Bama congressman Mo Brooks. You know, the guy that made a speech at Stop the Steal wearing body armor.

$2 says he's back to Trump butt smooching within a couple weeks. GOP doesn't have the spine to stay broken up from their bad boyfriend.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... agreed. Whole lot of Trump enabling politicians are now trying to get on the right side of history. Scum of the worst type. They are not going to be able to just walk away once Trump has gotten his hooks in them.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Kari Lake Twitter post, November 15, 2022:

"Arizonans know BS when they see it."

Various twitter users agreed:

Biggest self own in political history.

— Jon Cooper (@joncoopertweets) November 15, 2022
Totally true, as the vote shows. https://t.co/iCsFUc0B0w

— Rep. Jared Huffman (@JaredHuffman) November 15, 2022
Best self-own this election cycle. https://t.co/nt9oL7XSyJ

— The Rude Pundit (@rudepundit) November 15, 2022
One of the greatest concession speeches of all time. Simple, succinct, self-reflective. https://t.co/VUvxec0tFg

— Andrew Thaler (@DrAndrewThaler) November 15, 2022
A rare moment of self-awareness here.

— Brian Tyler Cohen (@briantylercohen) November 15, 2022
Kari Lake explains her loss. https://t.co/cYnuJrCKUD

— Dana Gould (@danagould) November 15, 2022

OUCH! :lol: :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:51 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:37 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:17 am How the democrats meddled in GOP Senate recruitment. A little inside baseball.
This is a pretty big story up here in New Hampshire, where it is said the Democrats worked to get Bolduc on the final ballot ahead of a few well-known local legislators. In the end, not sure I buy it; the primary was dominated by election denying voters...who chose their candidate.
... I don't doubt the dems took the actions claimed, whether they were determinative is the question.
Brooklyn is right on this, to much self congratulatory behavior, self promotion going on for a net loser side. There's a difference between pressing one's luck and pressing an advantage.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:55 pm “It would be a bad mistake for the Republicans to have Donald Trump as their nominee in 2024. Donald Trump has proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude and a lot of other things that alienate so many independents and Republicans. Even a candidate who campaigns from his basement can beat him.”

That's from Bama congressman Mo Brooks. You know, the guy that made a speech at Stop the Steal wearing body armor.

$2 says he's back to Trump butt smooching within a couple weeks. GOP doesn't have the spine to stay broken up from their bad boyfriend.
Worth revisitng my boy Neal Brennan's joke relating to this type of idiocy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHIhR4KEh4
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ggait

Post by ggait »

The election stealers in AZ are really getting sophisticated. Here's the vote totals for various AZ GOP candidates who were all the same ballot:

State treasurer: 55.6%
CD 2: 54.1%
CD 6: 50.5%
CD 1: 50.4%
State AG: 49.9%
Governor: 49.6%
State SOS: 47.6%
US Senator: 46.5%

Amazing how those Dem election stealers, working with Hugo Chavez and smart thermostats from Italy, can manipulate votes on the same ballot between different candidates. And how they craftily let four GOP candidates win to cover up how they are stealing votes from the four candidates they want to steal from.

Evil geniuses!!!

Other possibility is that AZ GOP and Indy voters can discern between better and worse candidates...? No way!! It is all just rigged. Let's storm the AZ Capital. Get clubs and rope. We're gonna hang someone!!

How forking stupid,pathetic and embarassing the MAGAs are. Fraud my ass.

SMH.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:05 pm

The election stealers in AZ are really getting sophisticated. Here's the vote totals for various AZ GOP candidates who were all the same ballot:

State treasurer: 55.6%
CD 2: 54.1%
CD 6: 50.5%
CD 1: 50.4%
State AG: 49.9%
Governor: 49.6%
State SOS: 47.6%
US Senator: 46.5%

Amazing how those Dem election stealers, working with Hugo Chavez and smart thermostats from Italy, can manipulate votes on the same ballot between different candidates. And how they craftily let four GOP candidates win to cover up how they are stealing votes from the four candidates they want to steal from.

Evil geniuses!!!

Other possibility is that AZ GOP and Indy voters can discern between better and worse candidates...? No way!! It is all just rigged. Let's storm the AZ Capital. Get clubs and rope. We're gonna hang someone!!

How forking stupid,pathetic and embarassing the MAGAs are. Fraud my ass.

SMH.
I like those “smart thermostats from Italy.”
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:41 am
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:15 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:49 pm Interesting reaction to the election on DW, BBC & France24.
Tremendous relief & restoration of faith in the American electorate & US democracy.
They were really alarmed by the Dems' scare tactics.
Oh ye of little faith. The Catholic Supreme Court can still send us back to the Catholic dark ages. This was just one of many opportunities. We have another 2-20+ years of keeping authoritarianism at bay, if not longer. You'll get many more chances my main man!
Old Salt has forgotten that Fake Conservatives told us that all major US cities burnt to the ground two years ago during protests that lasted 10 years. Oh, and that the protests then were about Netflix raising prices by a dollar a month, not about civil rights.
You see Carville and Maher lately?
Yes. Both have been asking the same thing for decades......no mention of race or gender stuff. Pretty easy to ask for when you're white and straight.

More to the point, they both conflate stuff that "someone in America" says about gender or race with what comes out of a Dem Candidates mouth. The Dem party can't control American culture. And 18-30 year old voters don't view the gender/race/culture stuff the way 60 year old white Dems like Maher and Carville do. Shocker.
How many more times do I have to say, you can't legislate culture, fellas??

Headline: Mormon church comes out in support of federal law protecting same-sex marriage

By all means,....keep trying to elect people that can "stop people from being gay" and other silly "old man yells at cloud" issues. Knock yourselves out. The Mormons? They're movin' on....bigger problems in the world, apparently.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/mormo ... x-marriage
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:05 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:41 am
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:15 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:49 pm Interesting reaction to the election on DW, BBC & France24.
Tremendous relief & restoration of faith in the American electorate & US democracy.
They were really alarmed by the Dems' scare tactics.
Oh ye of little faith. The Catholic Supreme Court can still send us back to the Catholic dark ages. This was just one of many opportunities. We have another 2-20+ years of keeping authoritarianism at bay, if not longer. You'll get many more chances my main man!
Old Salt has forgotten that Fake Conservatives told us that all major US cities burnt to the ground two years ago during protests that lasted 10 years. Oh, and that the protests then were about Netflix raising prices by a dollar a month, not about civil rights.
You see Carville and Maher lately?
Yes. Both have been asking the same thing for decades......no mention of race or gender stuff. Pretty easy to ask for when you're white and straight.

More to the point, they both conflate stuff that "someone in America" says about gender or race with what comes out of a Dem Candidates mouth. The Dem party can't control American culture. And 18-30 year old voters don't view the gender/race/culture stuff the way 60 year old white Dems like Maher and Carville do. Shocker.
How many more times do I have to say, you can't legislate culture, fellas??

Headline: Mormon church comes out in support of federal law protecting same-sex marriage

By all means,....keep trying to elect people that can "stop people from being gay" and other silly "old man yells at cloud" issues. Knock yourselves out. The Mormons? They're movin' on....bigger problems in the world, apparently.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/mormo ... x-marriage
Yeah, like their tax-exempt charitable slush fund ($100B) that doesn’t support any charitable activities beyond a foundering shopping mall they own.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

The midterm results were a disappointment to many Republicans obviously, and conversely, Democrats are ecstatic. Both sides have it wrong.

For Democrats, they are stuck with the least impressive, most repulsive cast of ineffectual brainless politicians we've ever seen. Run down this list:

Patty Murray
John Fetterman
Maggie Hassan
Katie Hobbs
Gretchen Whitmer
Mark Kelly
JB Pritzker
Ned Lamont
Kathy Hochul
Catherine Cortez Mastro

The one and only impressive candidate they put up in any notable race, Tim Ryan, got blasted by 10%+ in Ohio. This crew above could not be less impressive than if I dragged a $20 bill through a meth clinic. I mean, if you are proud of any of these clowns, I really suggest you re-assess your life. If the person is a governor, they are presiding over the slow burn of each state they run (NY, CT, IL, MI). Hobbs is fortunate in that Arizona remains Republican in the state house and senate, so she can't damage it too badly.

For Republicans, we lost some great potential leaders like Adam Laxalt and Lee Zeldin, and we should have done far better across the board. But I am not unhappy that Kari Lake lost; she was just an angry person who made such boneheaded decisions at the end like campaigning with Steve Bannon...who does that? She would have won, in spite of the suspect voting machinations of Maricopa, had she simply offered a sunnier vision of life. And I believe she dragged down Masters, instead of lifting him up like I'd thought.

In the end though, I am heartened by what I see in California and New York, the two states which have suffered most from Democratic policies. California's congressional delegation has been a boon to Republicans because instead of whining about the rules and laws, they decided to return fire with fire, actually ballot harvesting. This is why they are winning the close races, and also why California Democrats are now demanding an end to ballot harvesting. LOLOLOL. Republicans must go out and ballot harvest everywhere next time; in order to change the rules, you first must win. California Republicans have proved that this can be done. Go do it, then change the laws.

Republicans, if they play their cards right, will not be faulted for the incoming recession. Desantis or Youngkin will have the wind at their backs in 2024.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Again with the "ballot harvesting." What are you talking about?

The Senate has a broad and bipartisan feckless caucus:

Tommy "Coach" Tuberville
Marsha Blackburn
Marco Rubio
Chuck Grassley
Rand Paul
Josh "the Runner" Hawley
Ron Johnson
Rick Scott

And at least the Democratic caucus doesn't include outright election deniers and plotters for sedition. Not that you care much about that, I suppose.

Are you going to go back to Pete, or stick with this new personality with the same politics, same writing style, same trolling nature? Asking for a friend.
elonmuskrockefeller

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:02 am The Senate has a broad and bipartisan feckless caucus:

Tommy "Coach" Tuberville
Marsha Blackburn
Marco Rubio
Chuck Grassley
Rand Paul
Josh "the Runner" Hawley
Ron Johnson
Rick Scott

And at least the Democratic caucus doesn't include outright election deniers and plotters for sedition. Not that you care much about that, I suppose.

Are you going to go back to Pete, or stick with this new personality with the same politics, same writing style, same trolling nature? Asking for a friend.

By the way, I can agree with you on the feckless nature of some of these Republican senators. Some wouldn't even make my top 50 Senators (meaning I'd rate some Democratic senators above them). Here, let me show you how to pay compliments to the other side (something you seem unable to do):

I have no problem (other than their rubber-stamping beyond-awful federal judge nominees who veer into truly anti-American territory...I lay their inexplicable votes to vote tradeoff deals made by Schumer) and in fact like the following folks (even though some are somewhat liberal):

Tom Carper
Chris Cooons
Michael Bennet
Cory Booker
Bob Casey
Maria Cantwell
John Hickenlooper
Joe Manchin
Amy Klobuchhar
Jon Ossoff
Kyrsten Sinema
Mark Warner

I'd rate all of these Democrats above Ron Johnson, for instance. Can you do anything like that?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:11 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:02 am The Senate has a broad and bipartisan feckless caucus:

Tommy "Coach" Tuberville
Marsha Blackburn
Marco Rubio
Chuck Grassley
Rand Paul
Josh "the Runner" Hawley
Ron Johnson
Rick Scott

By the way, I can agree with you on the feckless nature of some of these Republican senators. Some wouldn't even make my top 50 Senators (meaning I'd rate some Democratic senators above them). Here, let me show you how to pay compliments to the other side (something you seem unable to do):

I have no problem (other than their rubber-stamping beyond-awful federal judge nominees who veer into truly anti-American territory...I lay their inexplicable votes to vote tradeoff deals made by Schumer) and in fact like the following folks (even though some are somewhat liberal):

Tom Carper
Chris Cooons
Michael Bennet
Cory Booker
Bob Casey
Maria Cantwell
John Hickenlooper
Joe Manchin
Amy Klobuchhar
Jon Ossoff
Kyrsten Sinema
Mark Warner

I'd rate all of these Democrats above Ron Johnson, for instance. Can you do anything like that?
There are quite a few Republican Senators about whom I can concede that they are bright men and women, or at least not woefully underqualified for this seemingly elite job. I may loathe their politics, but that doesn't disqualify them.

They might include: McConnell, Tim Scott, Cornyn, Romney, Moore Capito, Thune. At one time, I might have included Collins, but I have come to think she really is more chameleon than Senator. I might have included Sasse, but he proved to be nothing more than a go-along type of guy who eventually got out. I don't know anything about Barrasso other than he appears in every photo op he can with Mitch. He doesn't appear to have much in the way of independent thoughts. I know Cruz is smart; but the awfulness of his mien and character makes me omit him from even this list. I acknowledge that Lee is smart; but he gave it all up when he hopped in bed with Eastman and Meadows and Il Duce for the extra-constitutional dance around the election results, which plainly and obviously contributed to the violence on January 6 and the division we now experience.

I forgot Cindy Hyde-Smith on my earlier list of near-morons.

Are you going back to Pete when the suspension is up? This circumventing charade is kind of ridiculous.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I didn't know Fetterman's wife and mother of his kids is a good looking Brazilian. You'd think Pete would be all over this guy's stuff. :)

a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:56 am Republicans, if they play their cards right, will not be faulted for the incoming recession.
Ah, but it is their fault. You keep conflating politics with the reality of life for working class Americans.

That's what this is all about....the bottom 75% of earners in America. Those of us in the top 25%, we're cool, no matter who is running what.

So my question to you, again, is: what's your team's plan? Not "what's their plan to get elected".

What I'm asking you is: why should we elect them, if the plan is to cut taxes for the rich, and then.....nothing.

Bernie Sanders? Had a detailed plan to help working class Americans. Might not like it. But he had one.

What's DeSantis' plan to help the working class? To help with Health Care? To fix our broken education systems? To bring manufacturing home?

Biden has actually helped the working class with two big bills: infrastructure, and the Chips Act. Two bills that will flow money to flyover America, and invest in our future. And if your team wasn't in the way? That Infrastructure bill would have been much large, yielding a greater impact.

Whats' your team's plan? Last time I asked, you gave a troll answer. What's the real answer?
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:26 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:56 am Republicans, if they play their cards right, will not be faulted for the incoming recession.
Ah, but it is their fault. You keep conflating politics with the reality of life for working class Americans.

That's what this is all about....the bottom 75% of earners in America. Those of us in the top 25%, we're cool, no matter who is running what.

So my question to you, again, is: what's your team's plan? Not "what's their plan to get elected".

What I'm asking you is: why should we elect them, if the plan is to cut taxes for the rich, and then.....nothing.

Bernie Sanders? Had a detailed plan to help working class Americans. Might not like it. But he had one.

What's DeSantis' plan to help the working class? To help with Health Care? To fix our broken education systems? To bring manufacturing home?

Biden has actually helped the working class with two big bills: infrastructure, and the Chips Act. Two bills that will flow money to flyover America, and invest in our future. And if your team wasn't in the way? That Infrastructure bill would have been much large, yielding a greater impact.

Whats' your team's plan? Last time I asked, you gave a troll answer. What's the real answer?

Tech Layoffs:

Meta - 11k (13%)
Twitter - 3.7k (50%)
Intel - 20%
Snap - 20%
Netflix - 450
Robinhood - 30%
Stripe, Lyft - 13%
Salesforce - 2k
Amazon - 10k

120k+ layoffs.

2000-01 dot com layoffs were ~107k.

Q4 layoffs have just begun.

A brutally cold tech winter is coming.

Not even talking about inflation here.

Recession.

Which policies get the blame? Which party?
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:46 pm Tech Layoffs:

Meta - 11k (13%)
Twitter - 3.7k (50%)
Intel - 20%
Snap - 20%
Netflix - 450
Robinhood - 30%
Stripe, Lyft - 13%
Salesforce - 2k
Amazon - 10k

120k+ layoffs.

2000-01 dot com layoffs were ~107k.

Q4 layoffs have just begun.

A brutally cold tech winter is coming.

Not even talking about inflation here.

Recession.

Which policies get the blame? Which party?
Neither party. Free market. Price for cutting spending post-Covid....all those bailouts, all that cash to citizens? They're done. That stimulus is gone. Why do you think Biden wanted another spending bill?

Add in supply chain issues that have nothing to do with Trump or Biden, and there ya go.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... what a dumbass. :roll:

- Biden is responsible for the fact that Elon Musk bought a business and is in the process of driving it into the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Biden is responsible for the fact that advertisers and users are leaving facbook due to its toxic nature.
- Biden is responsible for the fact that every movie streaming service is tanking because there are too many with lousy business models.

Next you'll blame Biden for the fact that you are a know nothing troll. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:15 pm ... what a dumbass. :roll:

- Biden is responsible for the fact that Elon Musk bought a business and is in the process of driving it into the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Biden is responsible for the fact that advertisers and users are leaving facbook due to its toxic nature.
- Biden is responsible for the fact that every movie streaming service is tanking because there are too many with lousy business models.

Next you'll blame Biden for the fact that you are a know nothing troll. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course, the reality is that the tech sector has been hyper hot the last two years, with Petey's 'lay-offs' being way less than what the sector had already added in 2022.

Return to “POLITICS”