Middlebury, 2022 National Champions

D3 Womens Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

Middlebury, 2022 National Champions

Post by LarryGamLax »

Congrats to the Middlebury Panthers on winning the National Championship, over NESCAC Rival Tufts University, 13-5.
Middlebury had lost the NESCAC tournament Final to Tufts, 9-8 a couple of weeks earlier. I watched that game and said that if they meet again the ending would be much different. Today was that day.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Middlebury, 2022 National Champions

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:52 pm Congrats to the Middlebury Panthers on winning the National Championship, over NESCAC Rival Tufts University, 13-5.
Middlebury had lost the NESCAC tournament Final to Tufts, 9-8 a couple of weeks earlier. I watched that game and said that if they meet again the ending would be much different. Today was that day.
This was pretty close until the 4th, when Middlebury just used another gear and methodically put Tufts away. Great game. Congrats to Middlebury again.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:52 pm Congrats to the Middlebury Panthers on winning the National Championship, over NESCAC Rival Tufts University, 13-5.
I know I've said it before, and I am new to D3, but Middlebury was the best team I saw all year. Never a question in my mind.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:01 pm
I know I've said it before, and I am new to D3, but Middlebury was the best team I saw all year. Never a question in my mind.
You have a good and discerning eye then. Because Middlebury is not spectacular. The players are just adept at doing their jobs. Their defense is really good, and offense just works for the high percentage shot. Basics, done very well.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:27 pm
You have a good and discerning eye then. Because Middlebury is not spectacular. The players are just adept at doing their jobs. Their defense is really good, and offense just works for the high percentage shot. Basics, done very well.
I know we have discussed this, but I am a fan of evaluating the Team median player(s). For me, Middlebury stood above all the others as just being that much faster, that much better in each player on the field. Nothing good or discerning, but the infamous "eye test". Truth be told, I only saw them play once, but it was noticeable to me, a red headed rasta man. IIRC, they smothered York on the ride and with their D. Offense was good, but they had the best blend of O/D that day and were far better than that York team.

I think I may be looking at D3 teams through my recent 5 years of D1 experience. When I see a team at the D3 level that "pops" and has me asking how good they would be against certain D1 teams, that is an indicator to me that they are pretty good, regardless of Division. Last year, Middlebury and Gettysburg popped. Salisbury, F&M and W&L were all better than York on the day they played, but beatable. I didnt see any of the other top 10 teams.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:12 pm
I know we have discussed this, but I am a fan of evaluating the Team median player(s). For me, Middlebury stood above all the others as just being that much faster, that much better in each player on the field. Nothing good or discerning, but the infamous "eye test". Truth be told, I only saw them play once, but it was noticeable to me, a red headed rasta man. IIRC, they smothered York on the ride and with their D. Offense was good, but they had the best blend of O/D that day and were far better than that York team.

I think I may be looking at D3 teams through my recent 5 years of D1 experience. When I see a team at the D3 level that "pops" and has me asking how good they would be against certain D1 teams, that is an indicator to me that they are pretty good, regardless of Division. Last year, Middlebury and Gettysburg popped. Salisbury, F&M and W&L were all better than York on the day they played, but beatable. I didnt see any of the other top 10 teams.
It would be interesting to see. I know Mt. Saint Mary's used to come up to Gettysburg for fall ball but fall ball is not a great metric to go by. I'm not sure if anything has changed in recent years, but IMO there is a huge jump in the amount of physicality that is allowed at the D1 level versus what is allowed at the D2 and D3 levels. So many cross checks/swings that are non-calls in D1 are definite calls in D3. It's just interesting and sometimes puzzling to see how differently games in each division are called
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

[/quot

Sounds like good coaching to me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:28 pm With players like this…

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... r-finalist
:D :D :D

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”