The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:16 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:03 pm I'm sure you're not a Liz Cheney fan either. :oops:
I'll vote for Liz if she wins the GOP nomination.
Aren't you a GOP primary voter???
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:06 am Thanks to his close win in the AZ Senate race, Mark Kelly has attained national recognition & prominence, after going largely unnoticed during his initial 2 year Senate term.

Already known for his (& his twin brother's) astronaut service, it's interesting that he chose to wear his Pax River Navy Test Pilot vintage flight jacket in nearly all his campaign appearances covered by national media.

With Top Gun : Maverick still on movie screens, the patches on his Navy flight jacket make it a provocative campaign wardrobe choice over his NASA Astronaut blue flight jacket.
https://www.news18.com/news/world/kelly ... 66937.html
https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-s-twi ... paceflight

As the Dems search for younger, more mentally agile, potential 2024 successors to Biden, they'd be wise to consider & promote Kelly.
He's still a blank sheet who could potentially appeal to voters of both parties, ...if promoted rationally.
He's an extremely solid senator, great candidate and upstanding person. Son of two cops. Decorated combat-tested Naval aviator. Astronaut. Seems to be moderate to center-right.

Would you vote for him over DeSantis or Trump?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:03 pm I'm sure you're not a Liz Cheney fan either. :oops:
Yes. I don't know if Liz would be my first choice, even if she runs. I'd have to see who the other candidates are.
The only thing I'm sure of is that I will never vote for Trump. I never have.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:32 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:06 am Thanks to his close win in the AZ Senate race, Mark Kelly has attained national recognition & prominence, after going largely unnoticed during his initial 2 year Senate term.

Already known for his (& his twin brother's) astronaut service, it's interesting that he chose to wear his Pax River Navy Test Pilot vintage flight jacket in nearly all his campaign appearances covered by national media.

With Top Gun : Maverick still on movie screens, the patches on his Navy flight jacket make it a provocative campaign wardrobe choice over his NASA Astronaut blue flight jacket.

As the Dems search for younger, more mentally agile, potential 2024 successors to Biden, they'd be wise to consider & promote Kelly.
He's still a blank sheet who could potentially appeal to voters of both parties, ...if promoted rationally.
He's an extremely solid senator, great candidate and upstanding person. Son of two cops. Decorated combat-tested Naval aviator. Astronaut. Seems to be moderate to center-right.

Yes -- happily, & FTR -- I've never voted for Trump & never will.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:46 amHogan making the rounds, post Red Ripple...
Red Ripple ? That was my beverage of choice at Dirty Joe's on Pensacola Beach.

http://oldartguy.com/An_Ode_to_Ripple.html
NattyBohChamps04

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:35 pm

Dem's aren't the brightest in who they let ascend the throne most years, so you probably won't get your chance unfortunately. I'd like to be proud of my president someday again...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:46 amHogan making the rounds, post Red Ripple...

Had a few hangovers from that stuff, along with MD20/20 & Cisco. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Dem's aren't the brightest in who they let ascend the throne most years, so you probably won't get your chance unfortunately. I'd like to be proud of my president someday again...
+100
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:10 pm

The young ladies of Pensacola were very fond of it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:10 pm

Let me see that thonggg, thong thong tha tha thonggg..
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The lede on NPR:

Donald Trump, who tried to overthrow the results of the 2020 presidential election and inspired a deadly riot at the Capitol in a desperate attempt to keep himself in power, has filed to run for president again in 2024.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:45 pm The lede on NPR:

Donald Trump, who tried to overthrow the results of the 2020 presidential election and inspired a deadly riot at the Capitol in a desperate attempt to keep himself in power, has filed to run for president again in 2024.
That unbiased objective journalism merits 3 tote bags. Send in your contribution.

Your move Merrick Garland.
NattyBohChamps04

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:13 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:45 pm The lede on NPR:

That unbiased objective journalism merits 3 tote bags. Send in your contribution.

Your move Merrick Garland.
Everything they said is true to be fair...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why you gotta twist his words with, like, detail?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Go with this. You’ll be happier.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_'n'_Stormy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

When was that last the case for you?

Sadly, George HW (Senior) Bush might’ve been the best in my lifetime. I was a single digit aged for Reagan but time hasn’t been his friend and probably fairly though it seems like there’s some piling on with respect to his legacy. In the last 50-75yrs there’s been enough volatility over any stretch where if you’re there 8yrs at the top it’s hard to avoid any issues yet I’m not going to sh*t on three generations of our country when I look around the globe and there’s no other dirty shirt I’d put on instead.
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

'moderate to center right'? Kelly?

Voted 3x to ban fracking.

Voted 4x against Keystone XL pipeline.

97% lifetime rating from League of Conservation Voters (Green New Deal group).

Voted for Biden's entire inflationary agenda.

Voted with Biden 98% of the time.

The only thing moderate about Kelly is he once admitted to a journalist that the border was overrun. Then he voted to defund DHS Customs.

Like nearly every Democrat once in the Senate, they vote lockstep the America-last agenda.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:34 pm
Yes. I don't know if Liz would be my first choice, even if she runs. I'd have to see who the other candidates are.
The only thing I'm sure of is that I will never vote for Trump. I never have.
Would it be fair to assume that Liz's generally internationalist foreign policy posture would be an issue, versus someone with closer to an isolationist view? Or is that overstating?

I'm pretty sure she'd have the cojones to make tough decisions, while bringing western leaders with her.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:26 am

When was that last the case for you?

Sadly, George HW (Senior) Bush might’ve been the best in my lifetime. I was a single digit aged for Reagan but time hasn’t been his friend and probably fairly though it seems like there’s some piling on with respect to his legacy. In the last 50-75yrs there’s been enough volatility over any stretch where if you’re there 8yrs at the top it’s hard to avoid any issues yet I’m not going to sh*t on three generations of our country when I look around the globe and there’s no other dirty shirt I’d put on instead.
I didn't vote for him, but I had no issue in being "proud of my president" with Obama. I'm pretty proud of Biden's resilience, and particularly his leadership abroad. Wish he was smarter and younger, but among world leaders of today, he projects pretty darn well. I'd have been proud of a McCain or Romney as President, I'm sure. I wanted better from W, and was definitely 'proud' in the immediate aftermath of 9-11. But yes, HW.

Of course, pretty much all of the Presidents in my lifetime, even Nixon, and Johnson's fiasco in Vietnam, compare well to the Trump lunacy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

What a blast from the past, somehow I missed the Ripple references on Sanford & Sons!

Return to “POLITICS”