Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Ketch

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by Ketch »

For the 'Bart fans, the last times we beat the Orange (2006, 2013) it was in the Dome. If we're going to pull off one of those miracle victories again I'd rather it be on their turf. The 2013 game was beautiful as we took over the Dome on Alex Love's big night.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:25 am
lorin wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:00 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:41 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:54 am
Powellfan22 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:41 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:23 pm
Powellfan22 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:13 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:31 pm
Powellfan22 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:22 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:53 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:49 pm
D2fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:47 pm 3 Away games?

All in April.
the above h/a/n isn't accurate.
true but 3 probably isn't too far off
There are seven away games, two of which are potentially neutral.
so 5 out of 15 games on the opponent's home field
The horror.
hey good for you guys, that's two more than in 2021
People seem to get bent out of shape about the number of home games Syracuse plays every year. I don’t know how or why but I’m sure the Dome has a good deals to do with it. With lacrosse season starting earlier and earlier each year (it’s moved up a full month from the start of March to the start of February since I started watching), I’m sure a lot of teams are happy to play inside to start the year.

UNC played only four away games last year and no one seemed to say didily poo.
Exactly right, same pizzin' and moanin' every year. Meanwhile no one is complaining when they're playing in perfect conditions while plenty of others are playing in miserable conditions in February and March. Have never heard any visiting fans whining about the comfort of the Dome early in the season either. Enjoy it folks, grab yourself a Dome foam and a dog and sit back and enjoy the game. Next one bring your winter gloves, hats, boots, scarfs and hand warmers and watch your boys play on a snow covered field in a blizzard. If lacrosse were still a Spring sport you might have some room to b*tch but it aint and you don't.
Umm, I would NEVER consider the Dome “perfect conditions”.

I guess if I were Oscar the grouch and lived in a trash can it might be viewed that way…

That sounds like a soft Orange perspective not a hardcore Orange (and Purple) attitude!
I feel bad for seniors on Army they where looking forward to the Cuse game. sucks that the Canadian coach has no balls.
I heard Army dropped Syracuse.
No way, all Syracuse on this one, Fyi sorry for the Canadian comment but the no balls stays.
DMac

Post by DMac »

lorin wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:22 am
DMac wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:03 am Classy guy.
The Army boys have got plenty to look forward to, they'll be just fine.
Oh, and they're big boys, they don't need some POS troll to do their
talking for them. As for the no balls, that would more describe the
tough talking guy at his keyboard than the HC at Cuse.
I will tell him right to is face, he sucks
Wow, I guess you really are a tough guy then.
Sorry about the no balls part, but the POS part
stands.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That ship sailed a long time ago. And that’s coming from ME!

Never seen a rep of such a fine and honorable institution act like such a whiny victim all the time. And I know a guy who went to USMMA who was an absolute sexual predator, more or less saw the beginning of a Kids style “dorm worry Jenny it’s just me Casper” move on a borderline blacked out girl which was his style of romance as a operating standard…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
lorin

Post by lorin »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:34 pm

Never seen a rep of such a fine and honorable institution act like such a whiny victim all the time. And I know a guy who went to USMMA who was an absolute sexual predator, more or less saw the beginning of a Kids style “dorm worry Jenny it’s just me Casper” move on a borderline blacked out girl which was his style of romance as a operating standard…
Only a non nerd would have such a stupid come back, I am amazed that no Cuse fans want revenge after 2 big Army wins.
a fan

Post by a fan »

lorin wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:02 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:34 pm

Only a non nerd would have such a stupid come back, I am amazed that no Cuse fans want revenge after 2 big Army wins.
I think it's far more likely that Gait didn't notice that Army was or wasn't on the schedule.....

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Schedules are mostly made in advance
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I feel bad bashing a classy institution/program like Army over a troll. So I try not to do it.

Unlike the program and young men that he supposedly supports, there's always classless, salty, bitterness from Lorin.

His team doesn't mouth off or feel sorry for themselves. As an Army fan, you would think he would follow suit.

It's probably safe to say, he isn't an alum.
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:51 pm Schedules are mostly made in advance
Yes, and for whatever reason, we always have fans who want to make hay about them, and invent "reasons" why teams are added or dropped.

In the conference era, filling your OOC schedule ain't easy. It could be as simple as they didn't have an open date for Army, and vice versa.

BTW, Army stopped playing Syracuse during the Gait era, as so many teams did. The Gaits and SU dropped 19 on them in 1988..and then poof, no Army the next two years.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:55 pm I feel bad bashing a classy institution/program like Army over a troll. So I try not to do it.

Unlike the program and young men that he supposedly supports, there's always classless, salty, bitterness from Lorin.

His team doesn't mouth off or feel sorry for themselves. As an Army fan, you would think he would follow suit.

It's probably safe to say, he isn't an alum.
It's taken years, but it's turned into a battle of a game that I really look forward to...hopefully it's renewed next year.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

It's tough with league schedules being set in stone and prioritized these days.

I hated when the Loyola/Syracuse series ended. Those two teams battled for years. And this fall it sounds like they had a lively and competitive scrimmage.

Hopefully Toomey, Gait and Pietramala, all contemporaries and longtime coaches/friends, talked about re-upping that one. I'd love to see that rivalry renewed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:30 pm It's tough with league schedules being set in stone and prioritized these days.

I hated when the Loyola/Syracuse series ended. Those two teams battled for years. And this fall it sounds like they had a lively and competitive scrimmage.

Hopefully Toomey, Gait and Pietramala, all contemporaries and longtime coaches/friends, talked about re-upping that one. I'd love to see that rivalry renewed.
+1
DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Thought Cuse fans were down on Cook and Rosa?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'll just say I'm completely blown away (understating) by one of those choices.
GO CUSE...on to '23.
FCCTlaxFan

Post by FCCTlaxFan »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:57 pm
Yes, and for whatever reason, we always have fans who want to make hay about them, and invent "reasons" why teams are added or dropped.

In the conference era, filling your OOC schedule ain't easy. It could be as simple as they didn't have an open date for Army, and vice versa.

BTW, Army stopped playing Syracuse during the Gait era, as so many teams did. The Gaits and SU dropped 19 on them in 1988..and then poof, no Army the next two years.
Too bad for both teams. Playing Syracuse in the dome is pretty awesome. Playing Army is also a great experience for the Syracuse players.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:58 pm Thought Cuse fans were down on Cook and Rosa?
I think a lot of the folks on the SyracuseFan forum were and are very down on Cook. I drafted him in fantasy, and had to subsequently drop him, but I will root for him still. He has a unique skill set. The previous coaches worked to find a role for him, including face off wings, and it seems the current coaching staff love him as well. I have to believe his teammates love him too. I haven't heard the same negativity regarding Rosa, but you're probably in a different position and more aware of that since he has Hobart connections. I think Cook and Fiorini are interesting captain choices, because it seems like their roles offensive roles are diminishing. Kol is a very interesting pick, because he didn't play a ton last year and he kinda plays the same position/role as Billy Dwan, who many thought would be a 4 year starter. Is Dwan now a 1 year starter?
a fan

Post by a fan »

FCCTlaxFan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 am

Too bad for both teams. Playing Syracuse in the dome is pretty awesome. Playing Army is also a great experience for the Syracuse players.
It's one of my favorite games, and has been for decades.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:10 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:58 pm Thought Cuse fans were down on Cook and Rosa?
I think a lot of the folks on the SyracuseFan forum were and are very down on Cook. I drafted him in fantasy, and had to subsequently drop him, but I will root for him still. He has a unique skill set. The previous coaches worked to find a role for him, including face off wings, and it seems the current coaching staff love him as well. I have to believe his teammates love him too. I haven't heard the same negativity regarding Rosa, but you're probably in a different position and more aware of that since he has Hobart connections. I think Cook and Fiorini are interesting captain choices, because it seems like their roles offensive roles are diminishing. Kol is a very interesting pick, because he didn't play a ton last year and he kinda plays the same position/role as Billy Dwan, who many thought would be a 4 year starter. Is Dwan now a 1 year starter?
When Cook was in high school he had Hobart's Ryan Archer as his linemate. They worked extremely well together and seemed totally in sync on the field. I don't think Cook has had that kind of relationship/player to work with since he has been at Cuse. Maybe Spallina will fill that role this season.
FCCTlaxFan

Post by FCCTlaxFan »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:26 pm
FCCTlaxFan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 am

It's one of my favorite games, and has been for decades.
I think it was a mid-week game usually which also made it fun. Oh well.....

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”