Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by jhu72 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:34 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:28 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:58 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:52 am
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:38 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:33 am
Not my message at all. My message is first to vote, secondly to outmaneuver what Democrats are doing. We will.
:lol:

So to sum up: Dens are cheating. But they're not winning Senate or House Seats to the point where they can actually run things.

So...the new sales pitch is: they're not very good at cheating. Oh, and at the same time, we can't tell you where or how they are cheating. Oh, and we can't give you even one shred of evidence of this cheating, even though last election, you we're in dozens of courts, with judges telling you "please present this evidence".

That about right? Oh, and to top it off, this goes against Republican's mantra of: innocent until proven guilty.

Neat.

And naturally, it would never occur to you or your fellow Republicans to simply come up with ideas and platforms that would appeal to more voters. And, you know, win elections like that. :lol:

I promise you that the message you are sending is: votes are rigged, no point in voting, pete. But I love that this hasn't occurred to you.
Since the MAGA former DOPUS arrived on the scene, the Republican Party has done away with policy platforms. It's just vote for ME! :lol: :lol:
So you are okay with the Democrats' inflation?

This woman barely held a Democratic district, which should tell you what people who know her think of her.
... wrong again KellyAnne. That district is a long time republican district. It should have swung back if this was an election all about the economy. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 pm Actually, YOU told us that.
Class, let's remind Pete what he wrote, complete with timestamp....
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:13 pm I was trying to help you out with your claim that Trump 'increased spending by $3.3 trillion'; correct, but $3.9 trillion was pandemic relief.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 pm What I told you is, I am no fan of Trump and doubt he begins to understand the beginning nature of any economic theory or practical effect of policy, therefore I rightfully consider him to be a Democrat (which he was his entire adult life) since they all have that in common.
:lol: SIgh. Another history lesson, Pete.

Name the last Republican President that cut spending from one year to the next.

I can name two Dems-----Biden and Obama.

Good luck!
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:53 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 pm Actually, YOU told us that.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:13 pm I was trying to help you out with your claim that Trump 'increased spending by $3.3 trillion'; correct, but $3.9 trillion was pandemic relief.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 pm What I told you is, I am no fan of Trump and doubt he begins to understand the beginning nature of any economic theory or practical effect of policy, therefore I rightfully consider him to be a Democrat (which he was his entire adult life) since they all have that in common.

Good luck!

Lol.

You really are a partisan.

Here is a liberal fact checker, fact checking you:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/09/politics ... index.html
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:55 pm
And you're a BUFFOON elmopetey :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
elonmuskrockefeller

Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:57 pm
And you're a BUFFOON elmopetey :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Please try to add to the conversation.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Good luck!
Lol.

:lol: I didn't say he reduced the deficit. I said he reduced spending from one year to the next. If we borrow one penny, it adds to the deficit, my man.

You understand why spending went down in Biden's first year, right? Hint: Covid.

Nope. Not a partisan. I check the scoreboard.

So for Obama's two consecutive years of cutting spending? That was the sequester. Obama and the R's in Congress ...and some D's.....were responsible for those cuts. They did it together.

Trump came in and undid that, because that's what your party does when they're in the White House: they spend to make the economy good, and when the Dems are in the White House, they do everything they can to shut down spending to make the economy bad.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:59 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:57 pm

Please try to add to the conversation.
I will if you do the same, elmopetey :lol: :lol: :lol:
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Good luck!
Lol.

:lol: I didn't say he reduced the deficit. I said he reduced spending from one year to the next. If we borrow one penny, it adds to the deficit, my man.

You understand why spending went down in Biden's first year, right? Hint: Covid.

Nope. Not a partisan. I check the scoreboard.

So for Obama's two consecutive years of cutting spending? That was the sequester. Obama and the R's in Congress ...and some D's.....were responsible for those cuts. They did it together.

Trump came in and undid that, because that's what your party does when they're in the White House: they spend to make the economy good, and when the Dems are in the White House, they do everything they can to shut down spending to make the economy bad.

You are a partisan, even if you don't want to acknowledge that.

That settled, your last points are incorrect as well. Every administration comes in facing different scenarios. They also come in with differing parties ruling the Congress. Nothing in this analysis is as easy as saying 'Republicans want to spend' (too often they do) and Democrats don't (they are often constrained with what they want to spend because they don't control Congress).

Fundamentally, Republicans are against excessive spending, and Democrats are for uncontrolled spending. It doesn't always play out that way in real life, like we and they would prefer.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:43 pm You are a partisan, even if you don't want to acknowledge that.
Buffalo bagels. I despise Biden. And Pelosi while we're at it. And I vote for several Republicans this last election. And for several Judges that were appointed by Republicans. And the MILLISECOND I can vote our Dem Mayor out of office, and replace him with a Republican...I'm on it.

Sorry, mate. I'm an actual conservative. Your party left this Conservative Ranch DECADES ago on the Federal level. We've got great Republican men and women all over our great State, Counties, and Cities, doing good things, voting with actual conservative values. They walk the walk. Nothing but respect for them.

But the nutjob "the elections are fake" idiots can F right off. That's "hey look at me, I'm saying stuff" politics, and has NOTHING to do with getting down to governing our nation.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am That settled, your last points are incorrect as well. Every administration comes in facing different scenarios. They also come in with differing parties ruling the Congress
Dude. Your party mantra is "small government". And the last time a Republican President cut spending was 1953.

So no, I'm sorry, you don't get to come at me with "circumstances are different" nonsense. If that were true? Republican Presidents would cut Federal spending MOST of the time....not NEVER. They have NEVER cut spending, my man. What needs to happen for you to accept that this is the norm? They can't go over the number 100%, as in 100% of the time Republican Presidents increase spending every year...you understand that, right?
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:50 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:43 pm You are a partisan, even if you don't want to acknowledge that.
Buffalo bagels. I despise Biden. And Pelosi while we're at it. And I vote for several Republicans this last election. And for several Judges that were appointed by Republicans. And the MILLISECOND I can vote our Dem Mayor out of office, and replace him with a Republican...I'm on it.

Sorry, mate. I'm an actual conservative. Your party left this Conservative Ranch DECADES ago on the Federal level. We've got great Republican men and women all over our great State, Counties, and Cities, doing good things, voting with actual conservative values. They walk the walk. Nothing but respect for them.

But the nutjob "the elections are fake" idiots can F right off. That's "hey look at me, I'm saying stuff" politics, and has NOTHING to do with getting down to governing our nation.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am That settled, your last points are incorrect as well. Every administration comes in facing different scenarios. They also come in with differing parties ruling the Congress
Dude. Your party mantra is "small government". And the last time a Republican President cut spending was 1953.

So no, I'm sorry, you don't get to come at me with "circumstances are different" nonsense. If that were true? Republican Presidents would cut Federal spending MOST of the time....not NEVER. They have NEVER cut spending, my man. What needs to happen for you to accept that this is the norm? They can't go over the number 100%, as in 100% of the time Republican Presidents increase spending every year...you understand that, right?

You are missing why the 'base' is so angry at Republican leaders, which you describe but fail to understand. The base wants lower federal spending!! For instance, they are the only people in DC asking that we stop spending on Ukraine. Meanwhile, progressives are now *unlimited* defense spending.

Republican voters alternately call the free spend part of the party RINO's or 'establishment'. The base of the Republican party is demanding their leaders change the federal spending calculus, often electing complete loons like Boebert who at least say they want to do that (she likely doesn't even understand the issue, but that's besides the point).

I'd say leaders like Massie and Paul represent that fiscally responsible wing of the party that's been demanding DC live within its budget. That fiscally responsible wing doesn't even exist inside the Democratic Party, whether you care too admit it or not.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:01 pm You are missing why the 'base' is so angry at Republican leaders, which you describe but fail to understand. The base wants lower federal spending!!
You're flat out lying. Where did the Tea Party go the millisecond that Trump arrived? They disappeared.

What the base wants is----whatever Trump tells them they want. Did you see his approval ratings from "the base"? And if that's what 'the base" wanted....lower spending....why didn't the Tea Party arrive when Trump signed the bill that increased the size of the Federal Government to the largest it has ever been? None of you complained. Trump signed the bill, adding $1.9 Trillion in non-defense spending, and you didn't say boo.

Have a look at this very forum. I was PLEADING the R's posting here to complain. They. Didn't. Care.

So sell it somewhere else. The minute DeSantis arrives, he'll increase Federal spending, too. Just like he did in Florida.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am For instance, they are the only people in DC asking that we stop spending on Ukraine. Meanwhile, progressives are now *unlimited* defense spending.
Not "the progressives". The Dems. Not the same thing.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am Republican voters alternately call the free spend part of the party RINO's or 'establishment'. The base of the Republican party is demanding their leaders change the federal spending calculus,
I'll ask another question: name a Republican governor that has cut spending from one year to the next. I can't find one. Maybe you can. And I'm not talking about adding Federal Covid money in, and pretending that it's State money...and then pulling that Federal money the next year, and pretending the State has "cut" spending. I'm talking about real spending cuts.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am I'd say leaders like Massie and Paul represent that fiscally responsible wing of the party that's been demanding DC live within its budget.
Rand Paul came running to the Fed for Emergency funding for his home State, when he voted no on FEMA money to other States. Hard pass. He's a hypocrite who won't walk the walk.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am That fiscally responsible wing doesn't even exist inside the Democratic Party, whether you care too admit it or not.
On spending, sure, but your team ignores that there are TWO parts of fiscal responsibility: spending, and taxation. The Dems are now the ONLY party that believes in paying for what we get. You realize that they could play your game, and just spend and cut taxes.

Look at Bernie's platform. FILLED with taxes. That's 1000 times more 'fiscally responsible" than the R plan of "cut taxes, and explode spending". Plus, Bernie actually has ideas on how to fix problems. They may be bad ideas. They might not even work. But right now? The Republican "plan" to do things like get America's math scores up is: "we give up". We're DESPERATE for Conservatives to come up with solutions to 2022 problems. And not one of them has any. It's why I, and others here, asked you what DeSantis has actually done to make FLA resident's lives better.

And you can't answer. So what you and your fellow Republicans do, instead? Talk about stupid, irrelevant stuff like fake election fraud. While Rome burns.

Personally? All I want is a balanced budget. Pay for what you get from the .gov. Simple.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:32 pm too. Just like he did in Florida.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am For instance, they are the only people in DC asking that we stop spending on Ukraine. Meanwhile, progressives are now *unlimited* defense spending.

Following the passage of the bill through the House, no members of the Squad (or any Democrat) voted against.

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-squad-no ... s-through/
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:32 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:01 pm You are missing why the 'base' is so angry at Republican leaders, which you describe but fail to understand. The base wants lower federal spending!!
You're flat out lying. Where did the Tea Party go the millisecond that Trump arrived? They disappeared.

What the base wants is----whatever Trump tells them they want. Did you see his approval ratings from "the base"? And if that's what 'the base" wanted....lower spending....why didn't the Tea Party arrive when Trump signed the bill that increased the size of the Federal Government to the largest it has ever been? None of you complained. Trump signed the bill, adding $1.9 Trillion in non-defense spending, and you didn't say boo.

Have a look at this very forum. I was PLEADING the R's posting here to complain. They. Didn't. Care.

So sell it somewhere else. The minute DeSantis arrives, he'll increase Federal spending, too. Just like he did in Florida.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am Republican voters alternately call the free spend part of the party RINO's or 'establishment'. The base of the Republican party is demanding their leaders change the federal spending calculus,
I'll ask another question: name a Republican governor that has cut spending from one year to the next. I can't find one. Maybe you can. And I'm not talking about adding Federal Covid money in, and pretending that it's State money...and then pulling that Federal money the next year, and pretending the State has "cut" spending. I'm talking about real spending cuts.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am I'd say leaders like Massie and Paul represent that fiscally responsible wing of the party that's been demanding DC live within its budget.
Rand Paul came running to the Fed for Emergency funding for his home State, when he voted no on FEMA money to other States. Hard pass. He's a hypocrite who won't walk the walk.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am That fiscally responsible wing doesn't even exist inside the Democratic Party, whether you care too admit it or not.
On spending, sure, but your team ignores that there are TWO parts of fiscal responsibility: spending, and taxation. The Dems are now the ONLY party that believes in paying for what we get. You realize that they could play your game, and just spend and cut taxes.

Look at Bernie's platform. FILLED with taxes. That's 1000 times more 'fiscally responsible" than the R plan of "cut taxes, and explode spending". Plus, Bernie actually has ideas on how to fix problems. They may be bad ideas. They might not even work. But right now? The Republican "plan" to do things like get America's math scores up is: "we give up". We're DESPERATE for Conservatives to come up with solutions to 2022 problems. And not one of them has any. It's why I, and others here, asked you what DeSantis has actually done to make FLA resident's lives better.

And you can't answer. So what you and your fellow Republicans do, instead? Talk about stupid, irrelevant stuff like fake election fraud. While Rome burns.

Personally? All I want is a balanced budget. Pay for what you get from the .gov. Simple.

In some respects I do not disagree with you regarding Republicans kicking the can down the road on balanced budgets. That very much frustrates me. I am generally not a fan of government taxation, so I sympathize with the reluctance to increase taxation. But if you choose to spend more, do something about balancing the budget.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:50 pm
Following the passage of the bill through the House, no members of the Squad (or any Democrat) voted against.

That's what I said----100% Dems. Actual lefties? They don't want to fund war. Ask Brookie.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:57 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:50 pm

That's what I said----100% Dems. Actual lefties? They don't want to fund war. Ask Brookie.

So the Squad isn't a lefty group?
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:53 pm In some respects I do not disagree with you regarding Republicans kicking the can down the road on balanced budgets. That very much frustrates me.
Well, we have an agreement. And I'll make a deal with you----keep posting reasonably like this, and have a simple, reasonable conversation----which is why we're all here------and I'll turn my sarcasm down to zero.

Deal?
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:53 pm I am generally not a fan of government taxation, so I sympathize with the reluctance to increase taxation. But if you choose to spend more, do something about balancing the budget.
Yep. See? I'm not a partisan. I'm a old school conservative who wants to pay for what I get. Simple.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:01 pm So the Squad isn't a lefty group?
Center left, sure. This belies their centrist views.....a lefty wouldn't condone fomenting war.

Biden's center right, and a neo-con.

Trump governed to the left of Biden in many (most?) cases.

For example, remember the Federal prison reform Trump worked on, and signed, with BLM and other groups? Lefty.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:06 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:53 pm In some respects I do not disagree with you regarding Republicans kicking the can down the road on balanced budgets. That very much frustrates me.
Well, we have an agreement. And I'll make a deal with you----keep posting reasonably like this, and have a simple, reasonable conversation----which is why we're all here------and I'll turn my sarcasm down to zero.

Deal?
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:53 pm I am generally not a fan of government taxation, so I sympathize with the reluctance to increase taxation. But if you choose to spend more, do something about balancing the budget.
Yep. See? I'm not a partisan. I'm a old school conservative who wants to pay for what I get. Simple.

yes of course, deal.
elonmuskrockefeller

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:51 pm
Not my message at all. My message is first to vote, secondly to outmaneuver what Democrats are doing. We will.

So to sum up: Dens are cheating. But they're not winning Senate or House Seats to the point where they can actually run things.

So...the new sales pitch is: they're not very good at cheating. Oh, and at the same time, we can't tell you where or how they are cheating. Oh, and we can't give you even one shred of evidence of this cheating, even though last election, you we're in dozens of courts, with judges telling you "please present this evidence".

That about right? Oh, and to top it off, this goes against Republican's mantra of: innocent until proven guilty.

Neat.

And naturally, it would never occur to you or your fellow Republicans to simply come up with ideas and platforms that would appeal to more voters. And, you know, win elections like that. :lol:

I promise you that the message you are sending is: votes are rigged, no point in voting, pete. But I love that this hasn't occurred to you.
Since the MAGA former DOPUS arrived on the scene, the Republican Party has done away with policy platforms. It's just vote for ME! :lol: :lol:

This woman barely held a Democratic district, which should tell you what people who know her think of her.
... wrong again KellyAnne. That district is a long time republican district. It should have swung back if this was an election all about the economy. :roll:

It's actually a +2 Democratic district after the gerrymander. Not a crazy left district, but still a Democratic district.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:41 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:51 pm

Neat.

It's actually a +2 Democratic district after the gerrymander. Not a crazy left district, but still a Democratic district.
Are not the terms crazy leftist and Democrat districts pretty much interchangeable?? That is how it is in NYS.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”