Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:34 pm \YA reply - I was referring to the SOP of the democratic party (I use the term left, as anyone without an r, for simplicity)
Oh, I know you are. Trump made the US Government 66% larger than when Obama left it. And you're (snicker) trying to tell me that the SOP of the Republican party isn't handouts?

What are tax cuts for specific groups (Trump's massive cut), FFS, YA? They're HANDOUTS. So is the Farm bill. And bills sending money to rural America for roads, schools, hospitals, internet, etc. Your entire base would collapse if these handouts were pulled, my man.

How many times do I need to point this out?
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm My rock/rattlesnake comment was not referencing any one person or party, but the establishment domain as a whole.
Oh, I know.

It's why I asked you to name a Republican that Trump has exposed to his base? You can't. Because there isn't one. Not one single Republican.

Dems? :lol: Yep. Trump 'exposed' to his base that "Dems are bad". Wow. Groundbreaking stuff. Good thing he showed up, or they would never have come up with that after one week of watching FoxNews.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:31 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm Same can be said on the flip side. People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk. I have many friends and work associates that are die-hard trumpers (cult people) as you ascribe. The cultishness (new word) is not so much a love for Trump, but he is their voice that is never heard and pushed aside in politics.
Oh, they were 100% listened to. By Bernie Sanders. That man hit every working class person's problems for decades, including his candidacy. TrumpFans, who are in epic denial, won't listen to reason.

They didn't want to hear it. Until they're ready to hear the message, they're F'ed.

And you know exactly what that message is, because I've said it a million times.
It's why I believe Ron is that new shiny toy for the R party. He's not as horrible as Trump, he turned a purple Florida into fire engine red, and he is not Bernie wanting to give everyone something for free.....while the redwing working class pays for it all.
I think you guys are both ignoring the major issue. Bernie's not a bigot. He's not going to tell Americans that the problem with their lives is because there's some Other out there that's determined to "replace" them.

Otherwise, he's all policy for the working class, the blue collar family; paid for by the hyper rich....just no bigotry...and the cult is really, when the onion is fully peeled, all about the bigotry, the excuse, the blame.

DeSantis is playing the bigotry card...
Here we go again, flirting with bigotry, oy vey, you working for Rachel Maddow or a writer for The View? ;) :lol:
Trump is not a bigot.....all he cares about is Green, Gold...and of course Orange. ;)

This Sh!t is funny as hell… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how can anyone look at this and not laugh is beyond me. Just look at those people. Look at Amarosa!!
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm Same can be said on the flip side. People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk. I have many friends and work associates that are die-hard trumpers (cult people) as you ascribe. The cultishness (new word) is not so much a love for Trump, but he is their voice that is never heard and pushed aside in politics.
Oh, they were 100% listened to. By Bernie Sanders. That man hit every working class person's problems for decades, including his candidacy. TrumpFans, who are in epic denial, won't listen to reason.

They didn't want to hear it. Until they're ready to hear the message, they're F'ed.

And you know exactly what that message is, because I've said it a million times.
It's why I believe Ron is that new shiny toy for the R party. He's not as horrible as Trump, he turned a purple Florida into fire engine red, and he is not Bernie wanting to give everyone something for free.....while the redwing working class pays for it all.
I think you guys are both ignoring the major issue. Bernie's not a bigot. He's not going to tell Americans that the problem with their lives is because there's some Other out there that's determined to "replace" them.

Otherwise, he's all policy for the working class, the blue collar family; paid for by the hyper rich....just no bigotry...and the cult is really, when the onion is fully peeled, all about the bigotry, the excuse, the blame.

Here we go again, flirting with bigotry, oy vey, you working for Rachel Maddow or a writer for The View? ;) :lol:
Trump is not a bigot.....all he cares about is Green, Gold...and of course Orange. ;)
Did I say that Trump is a bigot? Well, close. I said Bernie is not.
I don't know what is really in his heart, but Trump absolutely DID play the bigotry card as I described in red above.

And DeSantis is playing the bigotry card as well.

That's what is missing in this discussion about policies addressing working class Americans.
Bernie's policies didn't appeal to the voters who went MAGA...and it's quite obvious why.

But, yeah, I think if someone plays the bigotry card as clearly as Trump and Desantis both do, then yeah, they're bigots. Or lying POS scum suckers who will use other's bigotries to gain them power or money or...both bigots AND POS...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:37 pmAnd DeSantis is playing the bigotry card as well.
How ? specifically ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:22 pm

Desantis & several other (R)'s did pretty well winning the votes of those "Other/replacements" -- he turned Miami-Dade Red.
Yup, Cubans.

Are you really telling me that DeSantis isn't playing the bigotry card (s) ??? Good lord.

Check the banned book list in Florida...notice anything?

Expect him to play these cards hard as he tries to get to the right of Youngkin and Abbott.

They're ALL playing these cards now, because that's what gets the applause lines in MAGA world.

Look at Graham's faux tears...dog whistling like crazy.

The Tea Party was infected with this disease, it's what was actually animating that movement, with the supposed philosophy of fiscal restraint tossed aside as soon as the GOP was in charge, the great white hope was in charge.

I'm not questioning people's legitimate concerns that get them exercised, but this was what was driving MAGA right from the beginning...and that's what currently owns the GOP...and DeSantis recognized it and decided he wanted to play in that sandbox.

He didn't need to do so to be a very successful popular Governor (see Hogan, Baker, Dewine, etc) but he decided he wanted national attention from Fox and MAGA world....it worked, we're talking about him.

And that's who he is.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:49 pm Yup, Cubans.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63565224

DeSantis outperformed Trump's 2020 figures in key groups that Democrats will need to hold onto the White House. He made gains with Latinos, women and even slightly with black voters, which allowed him to flip counties that traditionally favour Democrats such as Palm Beach, Osceola and of course Miami Dade.

He was the first Republican governor since 2002 to win the state's most populous and heavily Hispanic county - not only with Cuban Americans who traditionally lean Republican but also many South Americans and Puerto Ricans who tend to vote Democratic.

:lol: ...what other Hispanic voters did he have to appeal to ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:00 am
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:37 pmAnd DeSantis is playing the bigotry card as well.
How ? specifically ?
Maybe we've just grown so used to this garbage that you don't know?

https://apnews.com/article/education-fl ... d2351b6a75

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law new guidelines Friday involving race-based discussions in businesses and schools as part of his campaign against critical race theory, which he called “pernicious” ideology.

Passed by lawmakers earlier this year, the legislation bars instruction that says members of one race are inherently racist, and that they should feel guilt for past actions committed by others of the same race or that a person’s status as privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by their race. It also bars the notion that meritocracy is racist, or that discrimination is acceptable to achieve diversity.

“We believe in education, not indoctrination,” DeSantis said during Friday’s bill signing in South Florida.

DeSantis said Florida students will not have oppressive ideologies imposed on them, as the bill provides “substantive protections” for students in grades K to 12. He said “pernicious ideologies” will not be allowed.

“We will not use your tax dollars to teach our kids to hate this country or hate each other,” DeSantis said.
It's the opposite of bigotry. It's anti-bigotry.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:07 am

DeSantis outperformed Trump's 2020 figures in key groups that Democrats will need to hold onto the White House. He made gains with Latinos, women and even slightly with black voters, which allowed him to flip counties that traditionally favour Democrats such as Palm Beach, Osceola and of course Miami Dade.

He was the first Republican governor since 2002 to win the state's most populous and heavily Hispanic county - not only with Cuban Americans who traditionally lean Republican but also many South Americans and Puerto Ricans who tend to vote Democratic.

Ok, so you didn't bother...

Yes, DeSantis did well this year.
Apparently bigotry works in Florida.

But gotta remember, 64% of the voters in Florida this cycle were over 50...only 25% were 39 or younger.
And 64% of registered voters are white.
Cubans have long skewed R.

Black voters went 87% for Dems.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:14 am
How ? specifically ?

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law new guidelines Friday involving race-based discussions in businesses and schools as part of his campaign against critical race theory, which he called “pernicious” ideology.

Passed by lawmakers earlier this year, the legislation bars instruction that says members of one race are inherently racist, and that they should feel guilt for past actions committed by others of the same race or that a person’s status as privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by their race. It also bars the notion that meritocracy is racist, or that discrimination is acceptable to achieve diversity.

“We believe in education, not indoctrination,” DeSantis said during Friday’s bill signing in South Florida.

DeSantis said Florida students will not have oppressive ideologies imposed on them, as the bill provides “substantive protections” for students in grades K to 12. He said “pernicious ideologies” will not be allowed.

“We will not use your tax dollars to teach our kids to hate this country or hate each other,” DeSantis said.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:14 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:39 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:03 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:55 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:54 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:52 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:44 am Right; in a primary Desantis will have to appeal to the red meat, evangeliconservative, hate the libs crowd, instead of doing the work of trying to expand his appeal beyond the Non-Fox community. This is why I support Trump's candidacy in 2024. And I live in NH, where the circus will be fun to watch. Trump/Ellis 2024!

I don't get how NH'ers reelected Maggie Hassan. She has zero charisma and a decided lack of intellect. She also has overseen an office of interns and staffers who continually get into trouble with the law and with ethics.

Bolduc was a good man, perhaps too excitable in 2020, but his background and character are undisputed. Your state missed out yet again on a decent representative.
:lol: :roll:
Just embarrassed for you, Petey.
Yup. Just mortifying.

Hassan is a lawyer, former State Senator, former Governor, and the mother of a severely disabled kid, a population for which she has relentlessly advocated over the years. Charisma makes for a good demagogue; quiet thoughtfulness and an ability to speak to people the way they need to be spoken to makes for a good legislator.

Bolduc is an elections denier who then denied his denials only to have his Primary base force him to recant on his denial of the denial. He completely lacks character and integrity, and New Hampshire voters saw it in droves. Our state is predominantly "unaffiliated" or independent voters -- something like 40 percent -- and voted in droves against him.

Petemusketelle, you're dumb.

Explain how such a beloved Senator has such a low state popularity ranking...

Sununu outperformed her and would have easily beaten her had he chosen the Senate.
... tell us about how great the fish she ran against is.

Bolduc seems like a good dude...dedicated his entire life to the US military. He's passionate, and it's good to have passion in political leaders imo. He was smoothing out some of his previously inflammatory oratory as the season wore on. It's too bad NH doesn't have him as a Senator; I feel like he would have been an excellent representative of not only NH but also the United States.

Sununu thankfully was reelected.
"dedicated his entire life to the US military"

Ah, the slavish adulation of the military. So, why does "dedicating his entire life to the military" warrant any particular obeisance? And what does that even mean? He was dedicated as a child? How? Was that his choice or his parents? Please provide some clarity to your vague and sweeping pronouncements.
Petey didn't serve, but thinks that saying that will be attractive to others...
Or play competitive sports. Or self made, born on third base. Etc.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:20 am
How ? specifically ?

You’d think he’s talking about the love child of Bob Marley, Ghandi and Buddha…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Is a partial diagnosis of inequality without understanding of a system and just “redistribution, redistribution, redistribution” really policy? Sanders cares but he’s the extreme version of why I can’t go Dem except that rare two times (Biden to get the freak show out and it worked in one of those 11k votes he wanted to steal) and Warnock because there’s zero chance I want him representing me and my family in this state.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:06 am
How ? specifically ?

He actually posted that DeSantis is ANTIFA.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:48 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:06 am
How ? specifically ?

He actually posted that DeSantis is ANTIFA.
[Interlude]
O.J. like, "I'm not black, I'm O.J." …okay
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:10 am

Is a partial diagnosis of inequality without understanding of a system and just “redistribution, redistribution, redistribution” really policy? Sanders cares but he’s the extreme version of why I can’t go Dem except that rare two times (Biden to get the freak show out and it worked in one of those 11k votes he wanted to steal) and Warnock because there’s zero chance I want him representing me and my family in this state.
I'm definitely not here to support or explain Bernie's views and policy positions. Just saying that they actually went to the issues of lower working class and poor more effectively than any of the MAGA BS. If that was actually the issue animating the MAGA movement, they'd have responded to Bernie more...but it's really about bigotry, blame, and excuses...manipulated by those wanting power and control.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Old Salt, for heaven's sake-----just because he got votes from this or that, doesn't mean he hasn't done stuff to appeal to bigots, or said racist things.

As usual, I have to give you an example of a Dem doing it for it to sink in. Remember this quote?

Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Remember that from Biden? This is plainly, clearly a horrible thing to say------condescending, racist, belittling, etc. Pick your adjective.

Get it? And yet Biden received the vast, vast majority of the black vote.

Not everyone hangs on every word a candidate says like we do at the Forum.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:39 am

Old Salt, for heaven's sake-----just because he got votes from this or that, doesn't mean he hasn't done stuff to appeal to bigots, or said racist things.

As usual, I have to give you an example of a Dem doing it for it to sink in. Remember this quote?

Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Remember that from Biden? This is plainly, clearly a horrible thing to say------condescending, racist, belittling, etc. Pick your adjective.

This really isn't that difficult to understand. The Dem Party in Florida is a mess, they have a dearth of solid candidates, very poor organization. And the state has been trending hard red for some time.

The Cuban and Venezuelan communities fall for the "socialist" pitch about Dems and skew red unlike other Hispanic communities.

And DeSantis isn't incompetent.

But DeSantis has played all sorts of bigotry cards to appeal to MAGA voters. That attracts MAGA and there ain't enough voters in Florida turned off by them.

DeSantis is trying to craft a "Christian Nationalism" posture that is not overtly racist, though appeals to white evangelical Christian Nationalists and wink wink full on white supremacists. It's intended to attract Catholic culturally conservative Hispanics, especially those who hear the "socialist" label and think of the dictatorships...appeals to non college educated white voters in particular, and those for whom "patriotism" means my group is in power.

"Strong man"...

Works in Florida. Will in Alabama and Mississippi and Missouri....

It won't in Michigan and Pennsylvania and...Georgia!...and...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

How ? specifically ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:59 am
a fan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:39 am

This really isn't that difficult to understand. The Dem Party in Florida is a mess, they have a dearth of solid candidates, very poor organization. And the state has been trending hard red for some time.

The Cuban and Venezuelan communities fall for the "socialist" pitch about Dems and skew red unlike other Hispanic communities.

And DeSantis isn't incompetent.

But DeSantis has played all sorts of bigotry cards to appeal to MAGA voters. That attracts MAGA and there ain't enough voters in Florida turned off by them.

DeSantis is trying to craft a "Christian Nationalism" posture that is not overtly racist, though appeals to white evangelical Christian Nationalists and wink wink full on white supremacists. It's intended to attract Catholic culturally conservative Hispanics, especially those who hear the "socialist" label and think of the dictatorships...appeals to non college educated white voters in particular, and those for whom "patriotism" means my group is in power.

"Strong man"...

Works in Florida. Will in Alabama and Mississippi and Missouri....

It won't in Michigan and Pennsylvania and...Georgia!...and...
+1

... the republiCONs have learned nothing if they think DeSantis is their savior. Different day ... different thin skinned fascist.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”