Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
elonmuskrockefeller

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:55 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:54 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:52 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:44 am Right; in a primary Desantis will have to appeal to the red meat, evangeliconservative, hate the libs crowd, instead of doing the work of trying to expand his appeal beyond the Non-Fox community. This is why I support Trump's candidacy in 2024. And I live in NH, where the circus will be fun to watch. Trump/Ellis 2024!

I don't get how NH'ers reelected Maggie Hassan. She has zero charisma and a decided lack of intellect. She also has overseen an office of interns and staffers who continually get into trouble with the law and with ethics.

Bolduc was a good man, perhaps too excitable in 2020, but his background and character are undisputed. Your state missed out yet again on a decent representative.
:lol: :roll:
Just embarrassed for you, Petey.
Yup. Just mortifying.

Hassan is a lawyer, former State Senator, former Governor, and the mother of a severely disabled kid, a population for which she has relentlessly advocated over the years. Charisma makes for a good demagogue; quiet thoughtfulness and an ability to speak to people the way they need to be spoken to makes for a good legislator.

Bolduc is an elections denier who then denied his denials only to have his Primary base force him to recant on his denial of the denial. He completely lacks character and integrity, and New Hampshire voters saw it in droves. Our state is predominantly "unaffiliated" or independent voters -- something like 40 percent -- and voted in droves against him.

Petemusketelle, you're dumb.

Explain how such a beloved Senator has such a low state popularity ranking...

Sununu outperformed her and would have easily beaten her had he chosen the Senate.
... tell us about how great the fish she ran against is.

Bolduc seems like a good dude...dedicated his entire life to the US military. He's passionate, and it's good to have passion in political leaders imo. He was smoothing out some of his previously inflammatory oratory as the season wore on. It's too bad NH doesn't have him as a Senator; I feel like he would have been an excellent representative of not only NH but also the United States.

Sununu thankfully was reelected.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:03 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:44 am Right; in a primary Desantis will have to appeal to the red meat, evangeliconservative, hate the libs crowd, instead of doing the work of trying to expand his appeal beyond the Non-Fox community. This is why I support Trump's candidacy in 2024. And I live in NH, where the circus will be fun to watch. Trump/Ellis 2024!

I don't get how NH'ers reelected Maggie Hassan. She has zero charisma and a decided lack of intellect. She also has overseen an office of interns and staffers who continually get into trouble with the law and with ethics.

Bolduc was a good man, perhaps too excitable in 2020, but his background and character are undisputed. Your state missed out yet again on a decent representative.
Yup. Just mortifying.

Hassan is a lawyer, former State Senator, former Governor, and the mother of a severely disabled kid, a population for which she has relentlessly advocated over the years. Charisma makes for a good demagogue; quiet thoughtfulness and an ability to speak to people the way they need to be spoken to makes for a good legislator.

Bolduc is an elections denier who then denied his denials only to have his Primary base force him to recant on his denial of the denial. He completely lacks character and integrity, and New Hampshire voters saw it in droves. Our state is predominantly "unaffiliated" or independent voters -- something like 40 percent -- and voted in droves against him.

Sununu outperformed her and would have easily beaten her had he chosen the Senate.

Bolduc seems like a good dude...dedicated his entire life to the US military. He's passionate, and it's good to have passion in political leaders imo. He was smoothing out some of his previously inflammatory oratory as the season wore on. It's too bad NH doesn't have him as a Senator; I feel like he would have been an excellent representative of not only NH but also the United States.

"dedicated his entire life to the US military"

Ah, the slavish adulation of the military. So, why does "dedicating his entire life to the military" warrant any particular obeisance? And what does that even mean? He was dedicated as a child? How? Was that his choice or his parents? Please provide some clarity to your vague and sweeping pronouncements.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:06 am Had Youngkin not played the culture wars game so hard, he'd have likely appealed to me. Could have been more like a Hogan.
Irrelevant like Hogan, unfortunately.
In today's whack job MAGA electorate, yes...but would have likely won Virginia without the jerk stuff and been in strong position as Governor...you know, the job he was asking for. Like Hogan. His opponent was a terrible campaigner and the situation was ripe for a moderate Republican in that state's general.

But, nah, he had to go low to up his national profile and assuage those rural voters who thought he might be just some rich guy from DC (which is accurate)...but he'd have won...and then been able to build on that with moderate conservative, competent governance. That opportunity was there for the choosing.

And, in the long run that would have had him much better positioned for a run for President to actually win and govern effectively.

Ahh well, book bans and claiming CRT get the applause from those who show up at events...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:39 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:03 pm

Yup. Just mortifying.

"dedicated his entire life to the US military"

Ah, the slavish adulation of the military. So, why does "dedicating his entire life to the military" warrant any particular obeisance? And what does that even mean? He was dedicated as a child? How? Was that his choice or his parents? Please provide some clarity to your vague and sweeping pronouncements.
Petey didn't serve, but thinks that saying that will be attractive to others...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Looks like De Satan's influence over the GOP is overtaking that of tRump:

https://cdn.creators.com/588/337018/337018_image.jpg
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

With Trump having an emotional breakdown, a true psyhcotic fit on Truth Social, trying to goad both Desantis and Youngkin, two upstanding family men, it will be interesting to see Democrats now claim both Desantis and Youngkin are "akshually" worse than Trump, formerly 'the worst human alive'!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

No, Trump is worse. At least as of now.

Really looking forward to the cage match between Ron and Don.

Serious question: how does Ron get Trump not to run and/or to back him?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

LOL

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Now that the Election in Florida is over, and everything went quite well, shouldn’t it be said that in 2020, I got 1.1 Million more votes in Florida than Ron D got this year, 5.7 Million to 4.6 Million? Just asking?

Nov 09, 2022, 3:51 PM
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am Serious question: how does Ron get Trump not to run and/or to back him?
Pay him.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am No, Trump is worse. At least as of now.

njbill, if i haven't welcomed u back, here goes! fully back u on your principled hiatus. none of that ish is my cup 'o tea. glad you could refresh.

if someone doesn't set up a ron vs don fanlax thread, it'll be a great disservice. possibilities are endless.

ron can do neither of those things. just this:
njbill

Post by njbill »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:14 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am Serious question: how does Ron get Trump not to run and/or to back him?
Pay him.
:lol:

How much do you think it would take?
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:47 pm

njbill, if i haven't welcomed u back, here goes! fully back u on your principled hiatus. none of that ish is my cup 'o tea. glad you could refresh.

if someone doesn't set up a ron vs don fanlax thread, it'll be a great disservice. possibilities are endless.

ron can do neither of those things. just this:
Thanks.

Agree about a separate thread. My only request is that the title be pithy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Pardon promise would be the only thing that might do it...could Trump keep his mouth shut about it?
And could Trump actually trust DeSantis???
I would not.

OBTW, of course, that's illegal...

We'll likely know next week that Trump is running...if he delays, the DOJ may have already indicted...and he thinks somehow that running will at least allow him the grift....and his ego needs...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump wouldn't care that a pardon deal would be illegal, but I think DeSantis would.

If I'm Trump (hopefully the one and only time I type those words), I'd be concerned the "deal" isn't air tight enough. Not only could Ron renege, but there is no guarantee he wins. Then Trump is left holding the bar of soap in the shower with his gang of new friends.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Pay him.
... won't work. Trump knows his base will stick with him. DeSantis will not get that base by going against Trump. Trump has the republiCON party by the balls. :lol: Trump is no longer a problem for the dems, the republiCONs own the political problem totally. The republiCONs should try to make a deal with the dems to impeach him and invoke the can't serve in federal office punishment. Better yet, they should have done it 2 years ago. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Pardon promise would be the only thing that might do it...could Trump keep his mouth shut about it?
I would not.

We'll likely know next week that Trump is running...if he delays, the DOJ may have already indicted...and he thinks somehow that running will at least allow him the grift....and his ego needs...
DOJ will indict regardless of what Trump does. The midterm election results I think remove any hesitance on the part of DOJ.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:19 pm

I would not.

DOJ will indict regardless of what Trump does. The midterm election results I think remove any hesitance on the part of DOJ.
I agree with the first statement. I don't know why the midterms outcome would have made any difference, either.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:28 pm

I would not.

I agree with the first statement. I don't know why the midterms outcome would have made any difference, either.
... DOJ won't admit to it, but I believe they were really concerned about the reaction of the country. Midterm demonstrates that should not be a concern. They have been looking for an excuse to not indict.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:16 pm
Pay him.
... won't work. Trump knows his base will stick with him. DeSantis will not get that base by going against Trump. Trump has the republiCON party by the balls. :lol: Trump is no longer a problem for the dems, the republiCONs own the political problem totally. The republiCONs should try to make a deal with the dems to impeach him and invoke the can't serve in federal office punishment. Better yet, they should have done it 2 years ago. :lol:
Dunno. I could see Trump finding the value of having a POTUS in his pocket. There was a reason HIll and Bill were at his wedding....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:28 pm

I would not.

... DOJ won't admit to it, but I believe they were really concerned about the reaction of the country. Midterm demonstrates that should not be a concern. They have been looking for an excuse to not indict.
I find it hard to believe the mood of the country was weighing heavily on the decision...that said, I could see a strong bias to not indict because of likelihood of accusations of political revenge, unless they had iron clad case...so, lots of hard looking at the case, high bar set for indictment, and held off from right before midterms pre tradition, but if the case is rock solid, they're gonna indict regardless of mood swings of the country.

And it sure as heck looks rock solid on the documents case.

The tougher one is making the case for insurrection/sedition conspiracy...so, so hard to get the testimony of the co-conspirators, and so little direct paper with Trump himself on it. But lots of paper on others...

Return to “POLITICS”