2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:47 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:07 pm DeSantis won because he gamed the system claims Ana Navarro. Navarro is a republican CNN reporter.
:lol: ...calling her a Republican is a joke. She's a bitter, former Republican. Do you think the readers of this forum don't know who she is & haven't observed her polemics since she went off the deep end in 2015 when Trump ran.
You would know :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Salty -- so is Liz Cheney a Republican iyo? Kinzinger? Romney?

What about the real JD Vance ("my god what an idiot!")? Or the real Ted Cruz ( “sniveling coward”; “utterly amoral”)? Or the real Lindsey Graham (“jackass,” “kook,” “a race-baiting bigot,” "the most flawed nominee in the history of the Republican Party”)?

If their current cretinous smarmy versions count as Republicans, then I guess they previously were not Republicans?

Just trying to follow you on this Old Salt.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:01 pm 3. And the winner is... alcohol

Illustration: Lindsey Bailey/Axios

There were a lot of close races in Georgia in Tuesday night's election. One candidate that won without much of a fight: booze.
What's happening: More than 82% of Atlanta voters — again, 82% — voted to allow grocery and package stores and other retail spots to sell alcohol earlier and later on Sundays, per Fox 5.
Details: Under the new law, alcohol sales can begin at 11am and end at midnight.
• Prior to the vote, sales started at 12:30pm and ended at 11:30pm.
Why it matters: You no longer have to kill time walking around Kroger waiting to buy beer.
• Think of it as the world giving your time back to you.
You always had to plan your Sundays in advance back in the day when there were no Sunday sales at all. Then you had the drunk people driving and rushing to the grocery stores and liquor stores before closing / deadlines to buy beer for Sunday.

Baptists weren't really into the whole Water to Wine thing as the first miracle I guess?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:58 pm Salty -- so is Liz Cheney a Republican iyo? Kinzinger? Romney?

What about the real JD Vance ("my god what an idiot!")? Or the real Ted Cruz ( “sniveling coward”; “utterly amoral”)? Or the real Lindsey Graham (“jackass,” “kook,” “a race-baiting bigot,” "the most flawed nominee in the history of the Republican Party”)?

If their current cretinous smarmy versions count as Republicans, then I guess they previously were not Republicans?

George Will is an emotional thoughtless trainwreck!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:01 pm

There were a lot of close races in Georgia in Tuesday night's election. One candidate that won without much of a fight: booze.
What's happening: More than 82% of Atlanta voters — again, 82% — voted to allow grocery and package stores and other retail spots to sell alcohol earlier and later on Sundays, per Fox 5.
Details: Under the new law, alcohol sales can begin at 11am and end at midnight.
Why it matters: You no longer have to kill time walking around Kroger waiting to buy beer.
You always had to plan your Sundays in advance back in the day when there were no Sunday sales at all. Then you had the drunk people driving and rushing to the grocery stores and liquor stores before closing / deadlines to buy beer for Sunday.

Baptists weren't really into the whole Water to Wine thing as the first miracle I guess?
Go to this place on Sundays when they open, earlier because it’s kind of a different bar so you have to deal with provincial soccer fans, and order the “special OJ”.

https://www.brewhousecafe.com/

Just don’t reference FFG!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not sure if you are aware but economists refer to “bootleggers and Baptists” as shorthand for a combination of game theory and regulatory capture.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootleg ... d_Baptists

Bootleggers and Baptists is a concept put forth by regulatory economist Bruce Yandle,[1] derived from the observation that regulations are supported both by groups that want the ostensible purpose of the regulation, and by groups that profit from undermining that purpose.[2]

Californian police agents dump illegal alcohol in 1925, prohibition-era photo courtesy Orange County Archives.
For much of the 20th century, Baptists and other evangelical Christians were prominent in political activism for Sunday closing laws restricting the sale of alcohol. Bootleggers sold alcohol illegally, and got more business if legal sales were restricted.[1] Yandle wrote that "Such a coalition makes it easier for politicians to favor both groups. ... the Baptists lower the costs of favor-seeking for the bootleggers, because politicians can pose as being motivated purely by the public interest even while they promote the interests of well-funded businesses. ... [Baptists] take the moral high ground, while the bootleggers persuade the politicians quietly, behind closed doors."
DMac

Post by DMac »

I find this to be the craziest of things, to say nothing of its being just flat out wrong.
Alcohol, ever available in virtually unlimited quantities. Need six cases of Wild Turkey,
two cases of Makers Mark, a case of wine and a keg of beer? No problem, let me help you
load it in your truck. What could go wrong there?
Don't have a joint with you though, you'll get arrested for that. Beyond phukked up and
bass ackwards.
https://grishamandpoole.com/blog/mariju ... rgia-2022/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:23 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:07 pm DeSantis won because he gamed the system claims Ana Navarro. Navarro is a republican CNN reporter.
:lol: :lol: She is tripe.
Good joke. Why is she "tripe"?
She is the poster child for RINO.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:55 pm
Respectful Intelligent Normal Ostracized (by POS)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:55 pm
What does RINO mean to you and when did you start using that term and why?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Rhonda Burgundy is a pretty unhappy camper right now. Spitting mad. Talking trash. Even the CNN commentators say she still has a good shot at winning. If I jotted down the numbers correctly, there are still about 400,000 ballots in Maricopa County alone to be counted, almost 3/4 of which are mail ballots that were dropped off on election day. They say those types of ballots skewed fairly heavily Republican in 2020.

CNN says there are about 136,000 uncounted ballots outside of Maricopa County. They didn’t provide a breakdown of what categories those ballots fall into.

So, a total of 540,000 uncounted ballots in the entire state of Arizona.

So why is Rhonda fussing and fuming? Maybe she knows something based on her behind the scenes information that the networks don’t know.
NattyBohChamps04

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:02 pm

Go to this place on Sundays when they open, earlier because it’s kind of a different bar so you have to deal with provincial soccer fans, and order the “special OJ”.

There may be a fiery redhead with large personalities and a near perfect SAT score who worked there a while and still hangs around for fun. She was one of the ones who got away. She is around the rugby guys a lot too.

If you see her, ask about her lacrosse fling a couple of decades ago.

Wasn't there back when, but the midtown Fado is also good on soccer. Was in the Mercedes level owners/Home Depot box for a United game a this fall. Shrimp and oysters were warm though, barf.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

BULLETIN!

Former Governor Jesse the Body Ventura announced that he was given a guarantee by Gov Walz that Priority One will be to legalize CANNABIS.

Governor Walz said that they did have this meeting but no further details were given.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:35 pm Rhonda Burgundy is a pretty unhappy camper right now. Spitting mad. Talking trash. Even the CNN commentators say she still has a good shot at winning. If I jotted down the numbers correctly, there are still about 400,000 ballots in Maricopa County alone to be counted, almost 3/4 of which are mail ballots that were dropped off on election day. They say those types of ballots skewed fairly heavily Republican in 2020.

CNN says there are about 136,000 uncounted ballots outside of Maricopa County. They didn’t provide a breakdown of what categories those ballots fall into.

So, a total of 540,000 uncounted ballots in the entire state of Arizona.

So why is Rhonda fussing and fuming? Maybe she knows something based on her behind the scenes information that the networks don’t know.
She's using Ron Burgundy's advisor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9iXlOHtzV4
old salt

Post by old salt »

Interesting reaction to the election on DW, BBC & France24.
Tremendous relief & restoration of faith in the American electorate & US democracy.
They were really alarmed by the Dems' scare tactics.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:51 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:02 pm

There may be a fiery redhead with large personalities and a near perfect SAT score who worked there a while and still hangs around for fun. She was one of the ones who got away. She is around the rugby guys a lot too.

If you see her, ask about her lacrosse fling a couple of decades ago.

Wasn't there back when, but the midtown Fado is also good on soccer. Was in the Mercedes level owners/Home Depot box for a United game a this fall. Shrimp and oysters were warm though, barf.
I live three blocks from Little Five, call it midpoint between that district and CP but techinically more like 60/40 towards L5P. Bought house in 2013 on block between McClendon and Euclid - you clearly know the area. I'm more of a Star Bar and Euclid Ave Yacht Club guy.

But now I have a old school reference point that isn't contemporary. Hopefully you've taken in a show at Variety at some point - good venue.

In laws have (not box) season tix for United, I hit a couple but not really a soccer guy. FIL's company (he owns like 7%) did hte electrical engineering on it and he claimed PM on it just to hang around the development of the stadium, not that interested in being a PM at this stage, but when it's a Hartsfield expansion, building a microgrid for the navy in Hawaii, managing power stations for DOD in Afghanistan ("I wanted to check the country out"), etc. he takes on that role.

Only one place I'd get oysters around Atlanta that aren't fried - overpriced Oceanaire in midtown (Ptree and 11th).
NattyBohChamps04

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:49 pm Interesting reaction to the election on DW, BBC & France24.
Tremendous relief & restoration of faith in the American electorate & US democracy.
They were really alarmed by the Dems' scare tactics.
Oh ye of little faith. The Catholic Supreme Court can still send us back to the Catholic dark ages. This was just one of many opportunities. We have another 2-20+ years of keeping authoritarianism at bay, if not longer. You'll get many more chances my main man!
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:58 pm Salty -- so is Liz Cheney a Republican iyo? Kinzinger? Romney?

Consult the voters of WY, IL & UT, respectively.
I like all 3. I'd like to see them welcomed back into the GOP, but it's not my call.
Did Mitt end up supporting Lee or McMullen ?
How many Dem's did Liz endorse ?
They're making their own beds, as is Navarro.
She's still a bitter Bushie. Jeb endorsed Desantis.
https://www.businessinsider.com/jeb-bus ... te-2022-10
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxlCg9ED ... ezYT?ocd=1

It would be great for tRump to remind Georgia Republicans that the elections there are rigged and it's not worth voting on December 6 ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My vote for gov didn’t make it very far but at least I can enjoy him as a special guest on this oldie while he actually does more for the city of Atlanta which IS the state (and not the otp suburbs) than Abrams & Kemp combined and multiples by 6.

Trying to get to meet him through his bank for under bankers people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=udmTfK6_aM8

https://bankgreenwood.com/about/

Return to “POLITICS”