but this is really all you need to know,

The Blue Hens return almost everyone
________
10stone5

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2023

Post by 10stone5 »

Lacrosse Bucket write up on the Dutch,

https://lacrossebucket.com/2022/10/24/f ... tra-pride/

Key Returners: Gerard Kane (A), Rory Jones (A/M), Corey Kale (SSDM), Tom Ford (D), Tim Hegarty (D), Mac Gates (G)

Transfer Additions: Colin DeGrassi (D, CCB Essex), Trevor Natalie (M, Jacksonville)
I’d add Ryan Brind Sheridan as a key returnee, he had a very
good summer up north playing box lacrosse,

like the Hens, they have just about everyone returning.

________
Backinshape

Post by Backinshape »

having a difficult time figuring out why Drexel and Towson would scrimmage each other. I find it strange that 2 teams from the same conference would schedule a Fall scrimmage. Anyone have any insight???
Laxhog

Post by Laxhog »

Backinshape wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:49 pm having a difficult time figuring out why Drexel and Towson would scrimmage each other. I find it strange that 2 teams from the same conference would schedule a Fall scrimmage. Anyone have any insight???
Originally Princeton and Richmond were going to be at the scrimmage, along with Drexel so Towson wouldn't play them. Both Princeton and Richmond backed out leaving only Drexel to play. Pretty lame
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Laxhog wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:35 pm
Backinshape wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:49 pm having a difficult time figuring out why Drexel and Towson would scrimmage each other. I find it strange that 2 teams from the same conference would schedule a Fall scrimmage. Anyone have any insight???
Originally Princeton and Richmond were going to be at the scrimmage, along with Drexel so Towson wouldn't play them. Both Princeton and Richmond backed out leaving only Drexel to play. Pretty lame
Any links on time date and place ?

I haven’t found anything.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Asked - answered.

There are a few photos from this weekend scrimmage
on Towson’s twitter, not a whole lot revealing though.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

New this year to the CAA of course,

Lacrosse Bucket’s write up on Stony Brook, a pretty good primer,

https://lacrossebucket.com/2022/10/31/f ... seawolves/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Keep forgetting SBU is in next season. Paolentti may win OPOY for conference though he obvisouly will have competition from Donnelly at Drexel and w couple of Del guys.

Huber is a pure shooter and may not like not being option #1 on a more successful team but behlen Hs awesome vision and can hit skip passes like some of those uber talented Canadians Robert Morris has had over the past decade.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Stony Brook made out like a bandit with those solid LIU transfers.

They’ll be right up there with Hofstra, Fairfield, Drexel for a slot
in the CAA tournament.

Towson’s roster hasn’t come out yet, so I want to see who’s on
the roster before pronouncing them as top xxx in the CAA.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:23 pm Stony Brook made out like a bandit with those solid LIU transfers.

They’ll be right up there with Hofstra, Fairfield, Drexel for a slot
in the CAA tournament.

Towson’s roster hasn’t come out yet, so I want to see who’s on
the roster before pronouncing them as top xxx in the CAA.
You would know better than me but I feel like towson is 1-2 yrs out. Nadelen is fantastic but structural limitations of a Towson type of instution vis-a-vis Ivy, certain Big Ten and ACC schools means reload doesnt happen so much but can cyclically establish an effective rebuilding process to keep them in the mix to be an at-large/quarters team every 3-5yrs. With that said my sense was they need another year or so.

Plus what fun is being a fan of a sport and not planting a flag and making speculation like who will be OPOY (not team)? See if I can beat the human condition and outperform reality!!! With that said I'm envisioning Behlen and Paolonetti putting up numbers this year. Behlens team had an ok defense but pretty spotty at LIU, so dont think it's his fault but don't know if you want him running two way and covering opposing middies a lot so limiting transition on D would be helpful IMO.

(Towson is a fine institution don't mean anything perjorative here but it's silly to be a acolyte and not manage expectiations too, even under the term "Fan")
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Drexel just released its schedule for 2023. Voelker must be trying to save his job with this schedule. Weakest schedule I’ve ever seen for the Dragons.

https://drexeldragons.com/sports/mens-l ... ?path=mlax
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm Drexel just released its schedule for 2023. Voelker must be trying to save his job with this schedule. Weakest schedule I’ve ever seen for the Dragons.

It's quite similar to what it's been the past few years
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:09 pm
Henpecked wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm Drexel just released its schedule for 2023. Voelker must be trying to save his job with this schedule. Weakest schedule I’ve ever seen for the Dragons.

Much too much competition for At Large spots,
so the likelihood that any CAA team would get an At Large
based on the not-so-hot Strength of Schedule is slim.

Voelker is just trying to get a winning record together,
too many inexperienced players to front-end load an overly
tough schedule.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Not exactly. Drexel used to have one of the toughest early schedules of any team. In recent years it’s become a bit easier but now they’ve dropped Robert Morris and Marquette and added Sacred Heart to out of conference.

In addition the new CAA schedule will now contribute to a lower overall SOS with the subtraction of UMass and addition of Monmouth and Hampton. This is a mid 50’s SOS at best. Voelker used to have a top 20 SOS nearly every year with Virginia, High Point, Georgetown, occasionally Maryland and Albany (when they were Albany). The 7 team CAA schedule limits what you can do out of conference, but this is weak sauce for Drexel imo. My comment about Voelker trying to save his job was admittedly, a bit harsh. But I’d like to see all CAA teams play tough OOC schedules. It’s the only way they can avoid play in games in the NCAA like last year. Drexel should be able to compete with the big boys.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:10 pm

Not exactly. Drexel used to have one of the toughest early schedules of any team. In recent years it’s become a bit easier but now they’ve dropped Robert Morris and Marquette and added Sacred Heart to out of conference.

In addition the new CAA schedule will now contribute to a lower overall SOS with the subtraction of UMass and addition of Monmouth and Hampton. This is a mid 50’s SOS at best. Voelker used to have a top 20 SOS nearly every year with Virginia, High Point, Georgetown, occasionally Maryland and Albany (when they were Albany). The 7 team CAA schedule limits what you can do out of conference, but this is weak sauce for Drexel imo. My comment about Voelker trying to save his job was admittedly, a bit harsh. But I’d like to see all CAA teams play tough OOC schedules. It’s the only way they can avoid play in games in the NCAA like last year. Drexel should be able to compete with the big boys.
Any team can avoid a play in game based on their own metrics,
its the same measures the NCAA applies to the rest of the
tournament field, is how I’ve read the play-in team rules,

look for Drexel to up their schedule in the coming years, as they
have re-loaded the past couple classes as well as next year’s class,
no Reid Bowering’s on the roster yet, but possibly next year.

I’m looking for DeLuca to up the Hen’s schedule this year seeing
how loaded that roster is,
of course it all depends on whether you can get on someone’s
schedule which is always a challenge these days.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Yeah, they don’t play NJIT, Binghamton, Mercer, or Monmouth.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:30 pm
Henpecked wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:10 pm

Any team can avoid a play in game based on their own metrics,
its the same measures the NCAA applies to the rest of the
tournament field, is how I’ve read the play-in team rules,

look for Drexel to up their schedule in the coming years, as they
have re-loaded the past couple classes as well as next year’s class,
no Reid Bowering’s on the roster yet, but possibly next year.

I’m looking for DeLuca to up the Hen’s schedule this year seeing
how loaded that roster is,
of course it all depends on whether you can get on someone’s
schedule which is always a challenge these days.
I’m a fan of Donnelly
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Sean Donnelly had a major impact in 2021, was OK last year, two more years so I can see him progressing to all-conference,
he seems to be connecting well with Max Semple, a surprise transfer in last year.

A lot of good attack men in the CAA, Mike Robinson the most likely to make All-American in a very crowded Attack field nationwide, he is someone with that roster who can approach the level of play of a Josh Byrne or a Ryan Drenner - though he's a different player. Then you have Nick DeMaio, very talented, last year's major surprise JP Ward, Tye Kurtz could definitely be All-American this year, again, the field is very crowded - Kurtz had a tremendous year-end run, 8 goals against Drexel, 5 goals against Cornell,

Jack Mulcahy is effectively an attackman and may primarily play that position this year, Pallonetti at Stony Brook, Gerard Kane and Rory Jones at Hofstra.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Behlen to Paolentti. One of them will be above HM AA.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:59 pm Behlen to Paolentti. One of them will be above HM AA.
Extremely unlikely. There are at least 15 attackman ahead of them on more competitive teams. The numbers work against ANY CAA attackman being higher than HM.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”