Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
elonmuskrockefeller

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:49 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:38 amok, Petey.
Really, that is all you have to say. IMO DeSantis is the guy you and your friends are scared to death about. He now has a proven record of steamrolling FLP Democrat wannabes. He must be doing right. The dumpster hates his guts... ;)

Partisan Democrats are already pivoting to saying Desantis is 'akshually worse than Trump', formerly the single worst guy on the planet (before Trump, Romney was 'the worst'; before Romney, McCain; before McCain, Bush; and so forth...you understand).

It's probably useful to remember that Trump hates Desantis; that Desantis has a wonderful family; that Desantis is a lawyer; that Desantis just won a purple state by 20%.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yup. But he ain’t in the Hall of Fame now is he?
elonmuskrockefeller

njbill wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:58 am Yup. But he ain’t in the Hall of Fame now is he?

One day in the future, Yale's coddled woke student body and administration will self-destruct when someone nominates Desantis to be in their Hall of Fame.

https://yalebulldogs.com/sports/2019/7/ ... -fame.aspx

If anyone deserves to be there from their baseball team, Desantis is that guy:

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2001/03/ ... of-dreams/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Really, that is all you have to say. IMO DeSantis is the guy you and your friends are scared to death about. He now has a proven record of steamrolling FLP Democrat wannabes. He must be doing right. The dumpster hates his guts... ;)
I was addressing Petey's new pretend moniker.

I've said plenty about DeSantis. I know, I know, you gotta actually read what I post... ;)
Been addressing this topic, saying much the same, ever since Petey created this fan-thread.
He's again and again affirmed my opinion.

Basically, DeSantis is, IMO, the most dangerous part of the next phase of authoritarian, Christian Nationalism.
Why, because he could be eminently more competent at acquiring and utilizing power to harden control than was Trump.
Trump was a great destroyer of norms, decency, and confidence in democracy...which sets the stage, but thankfully quite incompetent with power.
Erratic, undisciplined.

On the other hand, I agree with those who identify DeSantis' weakness nationally.
He's simply very unlikable.
He comes across as an air-brushed phony, angry, cruel, thin-skinned man.
why? Because that's who he actually is...and the worst aspects of that get applause from the angry base.

I think Youngkin could do much better nationally, much as I think he too is a jerk.
But DeSantis is better positioned to appeal to the nutcase base... if Trump wasn't a factor...but Trump is very likely to run.
Which will be a mess for the GOP.
elonmuskrockefeller

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:16 am

I've said plenty about DeSantis. I know, I know, you gotta actually read what I post... ;)
Been addressing this topic, saying much the same, ever since Petey created this fan-thread.

Basically, DeSantis is, IMO, the most dangerous part of the next phase of authoritarian, Christian Nationalism.
Why, because he could be eminently more competent at acquiring and utilizing power to harden control than was Trump.
Trump was a great destroyer of norms, decency, and confidence in democracy...which sets the stage, but thankfully quite incompetent with power.
Erratic, undisciplined.

On the other hand, I agree with those who identify DeSantis' weakness nationally.
why? Because that's who he actually is...and the worst aspects of that get applause from the angry base.

I think Youngkin could do much better nationally, much as I think he too is a jerk.
But DeSantis is better positioned to appeal to the nutcase base... if Trump wasn't a factor...but Trump is very likely to run.

You think 'Glenn Youngkin is a jerk'?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/yo ... me-charity
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:43 am

Erratic, undisciplined.

yup; we've discussed him before, Petey.
But I don't think he has the degree of unlikability as does DeSantis...problem is that the base rewards the jerkiest stuff, the culture wars stuff, the sort of thing that gets someone to make a joke about Pelosi...he's at least got the decency to apologize, unlike so many of the GOP wing nuts these days.

Had Youngkin not played the culture wars game so hard, he'd have likely appealed to me. Could have been more like a Hogan.

But he did.

As to your article:

"The Post reported that the Youngkin campaign did not disclose which charities the governor-elect had given to and did not give the outlet copies of Youngkin’s full tax filings. The Youngkin campaign also disclosed that 44% of the governor-elect’s charitable giving went to the Phos Foundation, a religious nonprofit he and his wife founded."

Why not disclose?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Erratic, undisciplined.

Trump will do what is best for the country and the GOP and not run during the next election. He will do ground work to support DeSantis.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Christ, my head almost exploded when I read that, then I saw who the poster was.
Missed the sarcasm font.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Erratic, undisciplined.

... Youngkin is a DeSantis wanna be, a poor second. He will likely change, try to move to the middle, soften himself. Still won't like him for his initial assh*le move of lying about issues, his lack of morals, bullying people for political gain.

Nationally DeSantis has a reputation, as an unlikable smug assh*le like Ted Cruz. I don't think he is capable of positioning himself to the middle. He has no choice but to try to out Trump, Trump. Biden has it right. Watching these two is going to be fun. I really like the democrats current positioning going into 2024.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Right; in a primary Desantis will have to appeal to the red meat, evangeliconservative, hate the libs crowd, instead of doing the work of trying to expand his appeal beyond the Non-Fox community. This is why I support Trump's candidacy in 2024. And I live in NH, where the circus will be fun to watch. Trump/Ellis 2024!
elonmuskrockefeller

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:06 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:43 am

Erratic, undisciplined.

yup; we've discussed him before, Petey.
But I don't think he has the degree of unlikability as does DeSantis...problem is that the base rewards the jerkiest stuff, the culture wars stuff, the sort of thing that gets someone to make a joke about Pelosi...he's at least got the decency to apologize, unlike so many of the GOP wing nuts these days.

Had Youngkin not played the culture wars game so hard, he'd have likely appealed to me. Could have been more like a Hogan.

But he did.

Amazing.
elonmuskrockefeller

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:44 am Right; in a primary Desantis will have to appeal to the red meat, evangeliconservative, hate the libs crowd, instead of doing the work of trying to expand his appeal beyond the Non-Fox community. This is why I support Trump's candidacy in 2024. And I live in NH, where the circus will be fun to watch. Trump/Ellis 2024!

I don't get how NH'ers reelected Maggie Hassan. She has zero charisma and a decided lack of intellect. She also has overseen an office of interns and staffers who continually get into trouble with the law and with ethics.

Bolduc was a good man, perhaps too excitable in 2020, but his background and character are undisputed. Your state missed out yet again on a decent representative.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:15 am Christ, my head almost exploded when I read that, then I saw who the poster was.
Missed the sarcasm font.
:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:52 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:44 am Right; in a primary Desantis will have to appeal to the red meat, evangeliconservative, hate the libs crowd, instead of doing the work of trying to expand his appeal beyond the Non-Fox community. This is why I support Trump's candidacy in 2024. And I live in NH, where the circus will be fun to watch. Trump/Ellis 2024!

I don't get how NH'ers reelected Maggie Hassan. She has zero charisma and a decided lack of intellect. She also has overseen an office of interns and staffers who continually get into trouble with the law and with ethics.

Bolduc was a good man, perhaps too excitable in 2020, but his background and character are undisputed. Your state missed out yet again on a decent representative.
:lol: :roll:
Just embarrassed for you, Petey.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:54 am

Yup. Just mortifying.

Hassan is a lawyer, former State Senator, former Governor, and the mother of a severely disabled kid, a population for which she has relentlessly advocated over the years. Charisma makes for a good demagogue; quiet thoughtfulness and an ability to speak to people the way they need to be spoken to makes for a good legislator.

Bolduc is an elections denier who then denied his denials only to have his Primary base force him to recant on his denial of the denial. He completely lacks character and integrity, and New Hampshire voters saw it in droves. Our state is predominantly "unaffiliated" or independent voters -- something like 40 percent -- and voted in droves against him.

Petemusketelle, you're dumb.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:11 am

Yup. Just mortifying.

Hassan is a lawyer, former State Senator, former Governor, and the mother of a severely disabled kid, a population for which she has relentlessly advocated over the years. Charisma makes for a good demagogue; quiet thoughtfulness and an ability to speak to people the way they need to be spoken to makes for a good legislator.

Bolduc is an elections denier who then denied his denials only to have his Primary base force him to recant on his denial of the denial. He completely lacks character and integrity, and New Hampshire voters saw it in droves. Our state is predominantly "unaffiliated" or independent voters -- something like 40 percent -- and voted in droves against him.

probably more troll than dumb but it adds up to the same thing.
elonmuskrockefeller

Yup. Just mortifying.

Explain how such a beloved Senator has such a low state popularity ranking...

Sununu outperformed her and would have easily beaten her had he chosen the Senate.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 am

Yup. Just mortifying.

Sununu outperformed her and would have easily beaten her had he chosen the Senate.
I think Sununu would have given her a very good run and probably would have beaten her. He didn't bungle the pandemic, managed the state pretty transparently, and did a pretty good job. All in all, no one was betting against him in the Governor's race.

I didn't say she was "beloved." That is a classic stupid trolling Peter Brown'ism. I said she won against Don Bolduc whose "background and character" you say were "undisputed." Again, you seem stupid. I said she was experienced in politics and had a real life story to tell people, and simply appealed more tothe middle -- the unaffiliated voter -- than General Election Denial Don. Hassan got 320,000 votes in a race in which Bolduc got 265,000. See, here's the thing: 320 is more than 265.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:06 am Had Youngkin not played the culture wars game so hard, he'd have likely appealed to me. Could have been more like a Hogan.
Irrelevant like Hogan, unfortunately.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 am

Yup. Just mortifying.

... tell us about how great the fish she ran against is.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”