2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:11 am My hunch is Biden doesn't run again, musky. Christ almighty, he'll be 81....and running for another four year term?
I don't believe he even really wanted to run this time but the Ds saw him as the best bet (unbelievable in
itself) to get rid of the monstrous aszwhole that was in the office. I think he's done. If he's not, his campaign
slogan can be, METHUSELAH DID AND SO CAN I !!!
:lol: :lol: That made me 😂
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

If DeSantis were smart (he’s not), he’d sit 2024 out. While we are still quite early in the 2024 cycle, at this point, he looks like the favorite to get the nomination. But Trump will then run as a third-party candidate the effect of which will be to torpedo DeSantis‘s chances of winning. As flawed a candidate as Biden is, he still will be the incumbent president and will be tough to beat. Impossible to beat if both DeSantis and Trump run in the general election.

By 2028, Trump will be ancient history, if not in jail or pushing up daisies. As always, it would be tough for a party (the Dems) to win a third consecutive term so at this very early point, 2028 looks like a good year for the Republicans to retake the presidency.

DeSantis needs to spend time polishing his image. One of the things he has accomplished so far is that he has become extremely polarizing, almost to the extent Trump is. As happens with many candidates, he has not done well in the harsh light of the national spotlight. He has an anger problem that is very unappealing. Look at how he fumed and seethed when a couple of high school kids wore masks at one of his press conferences. Look at how he blows a gasket when someone in the press refers to his don’t say gay law. As if he never referred to the affordable care act as Obamacare.

And he is truly heartless, a mean spirited guy. Witness the Martha’s Vineyard stunt.

Oh, and then there’s the white gogo boots. :roll:

What does his big victory yesterday mean on a national scale? Not sure. It could just mean that Florida has really turned red. Look at how a mediocre (being charitable) candidate like Marco Rubio beat an excellent candidate in Val Demings.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

One lesson from this midterm:

Republicans control of the House is directly and perhaps only the result of the political gerrymandering done over the past six years.

And the Democrats wouldn’t hold the slight majority today if courts hadn’t struck down GOP gerrymanders in FL, NC, PA and VA in the last seven years.

The result is that elections will for the foreseeable future continue to be decided by the matrix of candidate quality (the GOP wins GA if it had nominated someone with an operational brain; voter turnout (kept Little Marco in office); and litigation around the edges of the gerrymanders and voter suppression).
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:48 am ... where's the guy who predicted a RED tsunami? :lol: :lol: Historic results for a president with a mid 40 approval rating. Every anti-abortion proposal result went against the anti-abortion position.

Trump lost bigly. Now DeSantis has to figure out how to beat Trump and keep the deplorables on board in a general election in 2024. Trump will scorch the earth. Like the democratic chance in 2024.

Local Fox network here in Lake Wobegone repeatedly kept saying that they expected a repukeblicon tsunami because in their twisted little heads the economy was in such bad shape. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't see that the economy is actually in decent shape with massive job creation thanks to Democrat Biden. Yes we do have an inflation problem as well as high gas prices. But so does everyone else overseas. Republicons blame Biden for this -- but none can prove that he caused these problem there or here. Everything about these people is negativity upon more and more negativity. But how about some TRUTH? Give Biden some credit for making policies that create job growth and lower costs for medicines and other things! The GOP was under the illusion that Biden has done a bad job. They continually pretend that the economy is woeful. But the majority of Americans see the truth that those delusionals fail to see. That is why there was no red tsunami.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 am So last night has some good and some bad, and finally some great.

The bad: Democrats outperformed. In a massive way. I feel bad for any state that elected or reelected a Democratic governor with the exception of Colorado with Polis. When you reward a Waitz in Minnesota, a guy who did not care in the least that your business burned to the ground in 2020, almost cheered for it, what happens next is anyone's guess. Maybe he changes, maybe he becomes pro-law and order, but man, if I were a business owner there, I'd be beyond nervous. This is true for nearly any state that now has a Democratic governor: lockdowns, crime, poor economies, high taxes, bad services...hey, if that's your jam, have at it, I guess? Wes Moore will likely oversee a complete abandonment of the Baltimore City police...I can not imagine being in the FOP for the Baltimore PD...you certainly aren't gonna "stop" a crime, that's for sure! Hochul...omg, is all I can keep saying. What an awful, criminal non-leader she is. I could go on and on here...it's bleak for blue states.

The good: Republicans are likely to control both the House and Senate. I'm not entirely sure I want to be in this spot...the Democratic recession is about to clobber us, and the R party doesn't yet have the philosophical and executive leader it needs (see next section), so the chaos of being led by McCarthy and McConnell might not be that optimal. But at least we can slow roll the atrocious federal judges being confirmed.

The great: Trump lost huge, and Desantis is now the undisputed leader of the Republican Party (Desantis moving up will take about 3-6 months, nothing today nor tomorrow, but this is certainly going to occur). What is best abut Desantis, and one of many reasons why he won by 20% in a purple state, is he simply isn't seeking anyone's applause, he simply wishes to govern well. And he's a lawyer. If you are a conservative like me, there could be no better outcome than yesterday. Ignore the dumb hysterical pleadings of non conservatives that Desantis is 'fascist' or whatever 'ist' flavor of the day they come up with; when any politician (left or right) wins a purple state by 20, it is wise to pay attention; they are doing something very correct. Polis in Colorado fits this bill as well, though to a lesser extent. And Biden is likely now too run again because he will misread yesterday as a Biden mandate, when it was far more complex. Desantis against Biden will be an historical rout.

All in all, everyone got something yesterday to cheer about. Count the last of the votes, and we move on! Cheers.

more bullsh*t ... KellyAnne never learns. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:24 am
DMac wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:11 am My hunch is Biden doesn't run again, musky. Christ almighty, he'll be 81....and running for another four year term?
I don't believe he even really wanted to run this time but the Ds saw him as the best bet (unbelievable in
itself) to get rid of the monstrous aszwhole that was in the office. I think he's done. If he's not, his campaign
slogan can be, METHUSELAH DID AND SO CAN I !!!
:lol: :lol: That made me 😂
... Joe will call it quits after his first term. Jill has likely had enough. Any democrat can now beat Trump. Trump is done being a problem for the democrats he is now exclusively a problem for his own party. Younger democrat can beat the Florida douche bag.

Assuming Biden calls it quits, he will leave office with an approval rating for job done at near 60%. History is going to place him among the most impactful and best presidents based on accomplishments.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:36 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:18 pm Here’s hoping that republicans take the house, and absolutely nothing happens for the next 2 years. I love a good and stagnant gov’t.
Vote no to any new laws and amendments unless it institutes term limits.
Vote no for any continuance in office.
Throw out all these career crooks.
It’s sad that these people are the best each side has to offer.
What bills have passed in the previous 2 years that you diagree with?

What bills passed in the previous term that you disagree with?

Just seeing what things you don't like that have been passed
Pretty much all of them.

Pick one:

https://www.congress.gov/most-viewed-bills
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 am If DeSantis were smart (he’s not), he’d sit 2024 out. While we are still quite early in the 2024 cycle, at this point, he looks like the favorite to get the nomination. But Trump will then run as a third-party candidate the effect of which will be to torpedo DeSantis‘s chances of winning. As flawed a candidate as Biden is, he still will be the incumbent president and will be tough to beat. Impossible to beat if both DeSantis and Trump run in the general election.

By 2028, Trump will be ancient history, if not in jail or pushing up daisies. As always, it would be tough for a party (the Dems) to win a third consecutive term so at this very early point, 2028 looks like a good year for the Republicans to retake the presidency.

DeSantis needs to spend time polishing his image. One of the things he has accomplished so far is that he has become extremely polarizing, almost to the extent Trump is. As happens with many candidates, he has not done well in the harsh light of the national spotlight. He has an anger problem that is very unappealing. Look at how he fumed and seethed when a couple of high school kids wore masks at one of his press conferences. Look at how he blows a gasket when someone in the press refers to his don’t say gay law. As if he never referred to the affordable care act as Obamacare.

And he is truly heartless, a mean spirited guy. Witness the Martha’s Vineyard stunt.

What does his big victory yesterday mean on a national scale? Not sure. It could just mean that Florida has really turned red. Look at how a mediocre (being charitable) candidate like Marco Rubio beat an excellent candidate in Val Demings.

I could not disagree more. You don't give voters enough credit when you dismiss a 20% margin of victory in a purple state. He is pulling Democrats and Independents.

I'm with you somewhat when you say he could soften his image. OK. But the guy is 44 years old...with young kids. He is a political image makers dream. He'll hire someone who will take that raw form and mold it to something I doubt you will recognize in 2 years.

A politician's life is about seizing the moment, not waiting. If he doesn't seize this moment, at the apex of his career, all other moments will seem like a letdown.

I wouldn't worry too much about Trump. he'll huff and puff and threaten everything and everyone including Desantis, but his impact is dwindling by the day. And Desantis can actually handle Trump, unlike the motley characters before.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1590332595895930882

BREAKING: Democrats just FLIPPED control of the Michigan House for the first time since 2008!

Voters just told the GOP loud and clear that MAGA extremism has no place in Michigan. The new Dem majority is ready to get to work for the people.

That's a good start.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

DMac

Post by DMac »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 am One lesson from this midterm:

Republicans control of the House is directly and perhaps only the result of the political gerrymandering done over the past six years.

And the Democrats wouldn’t hold the slight majority today if courts hadn’t struck down GOP gerrymanders in FL, NC, PA and VA in the last seven years.

The result is that elections will for the foreseeable future continue to be decided by the matrix of candidate quality (the GOP wins GA if it had nominated someone with an operational brain; voter turnout (kept Little Marco in office); and litigation around the edges of the gerrymanders and voter suppression).
You give me hope....well, a little anyway.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 amOh, and then there’s the white gogo boots. :roll:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 am One lesson from this midterm:

This is not accurate and if it's accurate only in pieces, is only part of the answer. Both sides gerrymandered. But if R's capture the House, it will more be because we took 5 more House seats in New York than we had. Sean Patrick Maloney went down!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:46 am
njbill wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 amOh, and then there’s the white gogo boots. :roll:

Hahahaha!

💯 💯 💯 💯

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:43 am
njbill wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 am If DeSantis were smart (he’s not), he’d sit 2024 out. While we are still quite early in the 2024 cycle, at this point, he looks like the favorite to get the nomination. But Trump will then run as a third-party candidate the effect of which will be to torpedo DeSantis‘s chances of winning. As flawed a candidate as Biden is, he still will be the incumbent president and will be tough to beat. Impossible to beat if both DeSantis and Trump run in the general election.

I could not disagree more. You don't give voters enough credit when you dismiss a 20% margin of victory in a purple state. He is pulling Democrats and Independents.

I'm with you somewhat when you say he could soften his image. OK. But the guy is 44 years old...with young kids. He is a political image makers dream. He'll hire someone who will take that raw form and mold it to something I doubt you will recognize in 2 years.

A politician's life is about seizing the moment, not waiting. If he doesn't seize this moment, at the apex of his career, all other moments will seem like a letdown.

I wouldn't worry too much about Trump. he'll huff and puff and threaten everything and everyone including Desantis, but his impact is dwindling by the day. And Desantis can actually handle Trump, unlike the motley characters before.
Hire what? A turd polisher? A lipstick applicator?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:57 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:46 am

Hahahaha!

💯 💯 💯 💯
Nah, he's a Rick James wannabe.

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ being a republican, kinky boots are more likely to be the order of the day:

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims ... -cadel.jpg

DMac

Post by DMac »

Independents like these little boots.
Bravo....fantastique!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeS1qXI ... Lw&index=2
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:58 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:43 am

Hire what? A turd polisher? A lipstick applicator?
I like the signature line.
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Totally agree with you Bill: DeSantis should sit it out. He will be 48 in 2028, ample time to let the electorate forget what a f*cking tool he is and re-0burnish another image. But I wonder if DeSantis's vanity and ambition -- and the GOP money men -- will push him into the race in 2023-2024. What I would like to see is Trump and DeSantis both run in an ugly, expensive primary, and effectively split the party in two: crazy MAGA weirdos, and largely mainstream GOP types.

Return to “POLITICS”