2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by kramerica.inc »

Here’s hoping that republicans take the house, and absolutely nothing happens for the next 2 years. I love a good and stagnant gov’t.
Vote no to any new laws and amendments unless it institutes term limits.
Vote no for any continuance in office.
Throw out all these career crooks.
It’s sad that these people are the best each side has to offer.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:18 pm Here’s hoping that republicans take the house, and absolutely nothing happens for the next 2 years. I love a good and stagnant gov’t.
You know that's PRECISELY what's coming, Kram.

This benefits you, me, and the rest of the 1%ers on the board. Working class will fall further behind.....

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Same conversation we've had for 20 years.

Pretty sad.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Lots of re-districting took place all over Lake Wobegone but Ilhan Omar has been projected as the winner in her district. Despite all the hate, lies, and changing of district lines, they just can't get rid of her.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Lake Wobegone Democrat governor Tim Walz projected as WINNER in the state's re-election. Metropolitan suburban counties largely voted in his favor. The margin of the projected victory is surprisingly higher than expected.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:18 pm Here’s hoping that republicans take the house, and absolutely nothing happens for the next 2 years. I love a good and stagnant gov’t.
What bills have passed in the previous 2 years that you diagree with?

What bills passed in the previous term that you disagree with?

Just seeing what things you don't like that have been passed
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Betty McCollum (my Congressional Rep) projected as WINNER here in Ramsay county.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

John Fetterman projected WINNER in Pennsylvania.

Love you patriots in the Keystone state.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Angie Craig projected as WINNER in her district in the south Metro of the Twin Cities.

The Republican party money poured MILLIONS from all over the USA in order to get that seat. Pukies in the state legislature changed the district lines in order to win over more votes for them but they failed.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Democrat Tony Evers WINNER as state governor. Wins re-election.

Sadly it appears as if the Pukies will win the contested Senate seat. Shame on the Cheeseheads for voting for him.

njbill

Post by njbill »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:01 am John Fetterman projected WINNER in Pennsylvania.

Love you patriots in the Keystone state.
Moving van seen at Oz’s PA “house.” Will be returning to his real home in New Jersey by late morning.

Oh wait. That isn’t a moving van. It is the furniture rental company taking back possession of the furniture Oz rented when he “moved” to PA.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:29 am
Moving van seen at Oz’s PA “house.” Will be returning to his real home in New Jersey by late morning.

Oh wait. That isn’t a moving van. It is the furniture rental company taking back possession of the furniture Oz rented when he “moved” to PA.

Hahaha! Some repukeblicons just aren't very smart in voting for a carpetbagger like him.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... where's the guy who predicted a RED tsunami? :lol: :lol: Historic results for a president with a mid 40 approval rating. Every anti-abortion proposal result went against the anti-abortion position.

Trump lost bigly. Now DeSantis has to figure out how to beat Trump and keep the deplorables on board in a general election in 2024. Trump will scorch the earth. Like the democratic chance in 2024.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Enough Western Coloradans may have awakened to defeat Boebert, who’s trailing slightly with 93% of precincts counted. Sadly the northwest corner of Georgia is still in a coma.
Last edited by SCLaxAttack on Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Donald trump: The Biggest Loser. Election deniers got creamed.

Looks like Kari might go down, and i don't mean on Sheriff Arpaio...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:48 am ... where's the guy who predicted a RED tsunami? :lol: :lol: Historic results for a president with a mid 40 approval rating. Every anti-abortion proposal result went against the anti-abortion position.

Trump lost bigly. Now DeSantis has to figure out how to beat Trump and keep the deplorables on board in a general election in 2024. Trump will scorch the earth. Like the democratic chance in 2024.
To be fair, Petey predicted a big DeSantis win (no one disagreed) and that did happen. But he, in his new, penalty time avoiding 'Westchester' residing, persona who doesn't even pretend to have opinions about lacrosse topics, more recently predicted a Zeldin win in NY...oops.

Of course, he's also getting crushed on his Musk fawning predictions.
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

So last night has some good and some bad, and finally some great.

The bad: Democrats outperformed. In a massive way. I feel bad for any state that elected or reelected a Democratic governor with the exception of Colorado with Polis. When you reward a Waitz in Minnesota, a guy who did not care in the least that your business burned to the ground in 2020, almost cheered for it, what happens next is anyone's guess. Maybe he changes, maybe he becomes pro-law and order, but man, if I were a business owner there, I'd be beyond nervous. This is true for nearly any state that now has a Democratic governor: lockdowns, crime, poor economies, high taxes, bad services...hey, if that's your jam, have at it, I guess? Wes Moore will likely oversee a complete abandonment of the Baltimore City police...I can not imagine being in the FOP for the Baltimore PD...you certainly aren't gonna "stop" a crime, that's for sure! Hochul...omg, is all I can keep saying. What an awful, criminal non-leader she is. I could go on and on here...it's bleak for blue states.

The good: Republicans are likely to control both the House and Senate. I'm not entirely sure I want to be in this spot...the Democratic recession is about to clobber us, and the R party doesn't yet have the philosophical and executive leader it needs (see next section), so the chaos of being led by McCarthy and McConnell might not be that optimal. But at least we can slow roll the atrocious federal judges being confirmed.

The great: Trump lost huge, and Desantis is now the undisputed leader of the Republican Party (Desantis moving up will take about 3-6 months, nothing today nor tomorrow, but this is certainly going to occur). What is best abut Desantis, and one of many reasons why he won by 20% in a purple state, is he simply isn't seeking anyone's applause, he simply wishes to govern well. And he's a lawyer. If you are a conservative like me, there could be no better outcome than yesterday. Ignore the dumb hysterical pleadings of non conservatives that Desantis is 'fascist' or whatever 'ist' flavor of the day they come up with; when any politician (left or right) wins a purple state by 20, it is wise to pay attention; they are doing something very correct. Polis in Colorado fits this bill as well, though to a lesser extent. And Biden is likely now too run again because he will misread yesterday as a Biden mandate, when it was far more complex. Desantis against Biden will be an historical rout.

All in all, everyone got something yesterday to cheer about. Count the last of the votes, and we move on! Cheers.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

OPRAH BEATS TRUMP!
So where does that leave us? A 50-50 Senate and House. If Dems win one or both, their superior discipline and the advantage of the Presidency will make it possible to get things done. If Republicans win the House, I expect endless chaos. No Republican — and certainly not Kevin McCarthy — has the leadership to manage a virtually tied House. (Mitch McConnell could undoubtedly make the most of a 51-49 Senate, however.

The more important factor is within the Republican Party. Republicans may finally have to face what an electoral disaster Trump is for them. He has never won a majority, and under his leadership, the Republicans have lost the House, the Senate, the Presidency, and a mid-term election in which they should have flooded Dems. The GOP lost this time by running a bunch of MAGAt candidates who were far easier for Democrats to defeat And DeSantis’ strong win will set up a natural conflict between the two men in Florida.

The tension between those two — as well as the tension between Trump and McCarthy or McConnell (Trump has, perhaps cynically, endorsed both continuing on as leaders) — may shift the internecine war from one that pits Trumpist Republicans against the country to one that pits Trumpist Republicans against those who would like to move on. It is possible that by setting up a war (or wars) within the GOP, this result will have the effect of suffocating the MAGAt flame.

It’s never a good idea to rule Trump out. But this election gives the Republicans an opportunity to rip the bandaid of Trumpism off. DeSantis is no better as a person (he’s the competent authoritarian everyone has warned about, but he is nowhere nearly as charismatic as Trump). But tensions between the two of them may serve to give Democrats time to maneuver.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DMac

Post by DMac »

My hunch is Biden doesn't run again, musky. Christ almighty, he'll be 81....and running for another four year term?
I don't believe he even really wanted to run this time but the Ds saw him as the best bet (unbelievable in
itself) to get rid of the monstrous aszwhole that was in the office. I think he's done. If he's not, his campaign
slogan can be, METHUSELAH DID AND SO CAN I !!!
elonmuskrockefeller

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:47 am Enough Western Coloradans may have awakened to defeat Boebert, who’s trailing slightly with 93% of precincts counted. Sadly the northwest corner of Georgia is still in a coma.

I don't think most Democrats understand why it is actually good when people like Boebert and Madison Cawthorn lose...beyond the immediate hit of a loss by a Republican, it's actually great for conservatives, which neither actually is. It cleans up the roster, much like a team ditching a bad attitude player. I hope she loses.
elonmuskrockefeller

DMac wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:11 am My hunch is Biden doesn't run again, musky. Christ almighty, he'll be 81....and running for another four year term?
I don't believe he even really wanted to run this time but the Ds saw him as the best bet (unbelievable in
itself) to get rid of the monstrous aszwhole that was in the office. I think he's done. If he's not, his campaign
slogan can be, METHUSELAH DID AND SO CAN I !!!

I think he runs. He shouldn't, but a politician's ego (or his wife's) is an unstoppable force sometimes.

Return to “POLITICS”