2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by DMac »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:07 am
DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:03 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:38 am
DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:13 am I'm pulling for Hershel, he's earned the right to be a leader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxX_9m1anGU
How so? Has he demonstrated a clear grasp of issues challenging his community and the nation at large? Any policy to address same? Any propensity to recognize his limits and the wisdom to seek counsel? Probity? Honesty? Ethics?
I've been clear all along that Hershel's candidacy is the epitome of being offered up krap to vote for.
Cream of the krap is what we all too often vote for, so I'd like to see Georgia get the creamiest of
krap. Appears as if a whole lot of folks down there want that so let 'em have it. Go Hershel!!! You
da man!!! A real peach for the Peach State.
“Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they scuk. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who scuk. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public scuks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Scuks. Fcuk Hope.” -- the late, great, inimitable George Carlin
More succinctly said as we vote for the cream of the krap and we get what we deserve.
No disagreement with your reasons why.
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:08 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:52 am
DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:13 am I'm pulling for Hershel, he's earned the right to be a leader.
How so? Has he demonstrated a clear grasp of issues challenging his community and the nation at large? Any policy to address same? Any propensity to recognize his limits and the wisdom to seek counsel? Probity? Honesty? Ethics?
Isn't this the same issue the opposition to John Fetterman in Pennsylvania is... John is not capable of grasping much less expressing the needs of the people of his state.
And you know this how? Results of thorough exam by cognitive science professional? Or your impression based upon a limited sample? Or maybe the internet told you so?

Might be true, might not be. Not even a close call with say dRumphy. We all had years of his demonstrated dishonesty and sociopathy yet millions still supported him.
So we should believe what his doctors say and not what we see with our own eyes... GOT IT. He can't yet put together a string of rational sentences when speaking in public, but is 100% ready to functionally serve as a US Senator... GOT IT.
Are you aware of the limits of "eye witness testimony"? And why it is so weak?

This sounds like deflection.

Eye witness testimony actually is the best form of evidence, and only isn't when eye witnesses are limited in number.

In the case of John Fetterman, millions of people witnessed his inability to articulate thoughts, and further when he contradicted his very limited thoughts.

You should reply to Cradle with what you saw, not impugn what he and millions of others witnessed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:11 am
I've been clear all along that Hershel's candidacy is the epitome of being offered up krap to vote for.
Cream of the krap is what we all too often vote for, so I'd like to see Georgia get the creamiest of
krap. Appears as if a whole lot of folks down there want that so let 'em have it. Go Hershel!!! You

Besides the unfortunate undertones that 'Herschel isn't bright', I think your post misses a fairly obvious rebuttal. Is having a senator like Schumer any better than Walker? Seriously? Chuck is one of the most egotistical, most partisan, most dishonest hacks of a senator ever, but I'm supposed to be content that his oratory doesn't slip like Herschel's? I don't sign up for that. Mazie Hirono is certifiably dumb, yet has anyone ever posted about her?

I prefer any politician to have had a life outside of politics, at the bare minimum, before I give them even a modicum of respect. Then, if they enter the political arena with zero humility, or worse they exhibit outright dishonesty, then trade those jokers and give me Herschel Walker every day and twice on Sunday, speech professional or not.
Your eyes deceive you or you're just making false accusations to stir the pot a bit. There are no undertones that "Herschel isn't bright". I don't see his celebrity as a qualifier for a Senate seat, I don't like his stand on abortion. Oh, and I think he's a liar (not to say that is unique to him in the world of politicians).
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:50 am
Isn't this the same issue the opposition to John Fetterman in Pennsylvania is... John is not capable of grasping much less expressing the needs of the people of his state.
And you know this how? Results of thorough exam by cognitive science professional? Or your impression based upon a limited sample? Or maybe the internet told you so?

Might be true, might not be. Not even a close call with say dRumphy. We all had years of his demonstrated dishonesty and sociopathy yet millions still supported him.
So we should believe what his doctors say and not what we see with our own eyes... GOT IT. He can't yet put together a string of rational sentences when speaking in public, but is 100% ready to functionally serve as a US Senator... GOT IT.

This sounds like deflection.

Eye witness testimony actually is the best form of evidence, and only isn't when eye witnesses are limited in number.

In the case of John Fetterman, millions of people witnessed his inability to articulate thoughts, and further when he contradicted his very limited thoughts.

You should reply to Cradle with what you saw, not impugn what he and millions of others witnessed.
Deflection? Would I'm not "Petey Brown" and what are you talking about fit that bill? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All because you don't have enough self-control to serve out your suspension which expires after election day and you cannot resist acting like a jerk and "owning the libs" :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:00 am

Besides the unfortunate undertones that 'Herschel isn't bright', I think your post misses a fairly obvious rebuttal. Is having a senator like Schumer any better than Walker? Seriously? Chuck is one of the most egotistical, most partisan, most dishonest hacks of a senator ever, but I'm supposed to be content that his oratory doesn't slip like Herschel's? I don't sign up for that. Mazie Hirono is certifiably dumb, yet has anyone ever posted about her?

I prefer any politician to have had a life outside of politics, at the bare minimum, before I give them even a modicum of respect. Then, if they enter the political arena with zero humility, or worse they exhibit outright dishonesty, then trade those jokers and give me Herschel Walker every day and twice on Sunday, speech professional or not.
Your eyes deceive you or you're just making false accusations to stir the pot a bit. There are no undertones that "Herschel isn't bright". I don't see his celebrity as a qualifier for a Senate seat, I don't like his stand on abortion. Oh, and I think he's a liar (not to say that is unique to him in the world of politicians).
Did you see his comments on air moving between the US and China? I'll say it. He's as dumb as a 2 X 4.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:18 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:59 pm Muskafeller’s a real gem. We really need those Civics classes. NYS property taxes are a horror so he’s voting Zeldin for Guv. Because NYS property taxes - the lion’s percentage of which are school taxes - are all LOCAL taxes controlled by LOCAL government and local representation. Nothing to do with the governor or state government.

We are all so screwed by ignorant voters.
I disagree with you 100%. UNFUNDED MANDATES passed down to local counties exacerbate the tax burden on most middle class New Yorkers that actually pay taxes. Nobody knows where these despicable mandates come from in Albany. They do command local counties to spend the money on programs that they demand. The last I remember, and I could be off a bit, but 80% of the tax burden in NYS counties is MANDATED spending which is money passed on to residents by ridiculously high property taxes. That is what the Monroe County executives have been fighting for a long time. The most recent county executive Adam Bello, a Democrat does not complain about the ever increasing tax burden via property taxes on local residents to pay for those ornery little UNFUNDED MANDATES. If the state of NY believes this money is vital, let them pay for it. UNFUNDED MANDATES by anonymous people who answer to no one need to stop. My wife and I see it increasing every year in our property taxes. The good news for me being a US Army veteran my town allows me a decent STAR exemption and reduction in my tax burden to the town. To those young folks with a family that are considering moving to my town.. good luck to all of you.
Cut your school taxes. Become Mississippi.
DMac

Post by DMac »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:35 am
DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:00 am

Did you see his comments on air moving between the US and China? I'll say it. He's as dumb as a 2 X 4.
Yes, I did and I sure don't see him as being the sharpest knife in the drawer either.
I aint bein' bullschitted here though, the accusation of my undertone is about racism
not how bright he is or isn't.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

News out of Maricopa County, electronic voting machines failing, going to have to hand count them now.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Bart

Post by Bart »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:59 pm Muskafeller’s a real gem. We really need those Civics classes. NYS property taxes are a horror so he’s voting Zeldin for Guv. Because NYS property taxes - the lion’s percentage of which are school taxes - are all LOCAL taxes controlled by LOCAL government and local representation. Nothing to do with the governor or state government.

I disagree with you 100%. UNFUNDED MANDATES passed down to local counties exacerbate the tax burden on most middle class New Yorkers that actually pay taxes. Nobody knows where these despicable mandates come from in Albany. They do command local counties to spend the money on programs that they demand. The last I remember, and I could be off a bit, but 80% of the tax burden in NYS counties is MANDATED spending which is money passed on to residents by ridiculously high property taxes. That is what the Monroe County executives have been fighting for a long time. The most recent county executive Adam Bello, a Democrat does not complain about the ever increasing tax burden via property taxes on local residents to pay for those ornery little UNFUNDED MANDATES. If the state of NY believes this money is vital, let them pay for it. UNFUNDED MANDATES by anonymous people who answer to no one need to stop. My wife and I see it increasing every year in our property taxes. The good news for me being a US Army veteran my town allows me a decent STAR exemption and reduction in my tax burden to the town. To those young folks with a family that are considering moving to my town.. good luck to all of you.
The largest part of your tax burden in NYS tend to be school taxes. While there are some unfunded mandated positions/programs the largest part of that burden comes in the form of personnel costs in the form of salary and benefits. You want to lower the overall tax burden in your locality start slashing education. Simple as that.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:43 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:37 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg_Dj8jWQAQ ... name=small

says a commentator:

Republicans would vote against water if a Democrat suggested it to put out their house fire.
And complain they couldn't swim if they walked on water...

+1
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

it is truly amazing the number of reports being called into local NYC area radio broadcast about issues at the caller's polling site. On top of the reports of invalid early ballots mailed in for weird internal control address or numerical sequencing control number weirdness.

The election boards had one job. And with all the scrutiny expected one would think it would all be by the book with and the checks and balances.

We used to do voting pretty well. Especially when everyone was allowed to vote. We knew some areas like Chicagoland could get funky but now it is who knows where; if it's there, who to believe?
The parent, not the coach.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:?: I have absolutely no idea what you are clumsily trying to say. So are you trying to say Fetterman is a god damn genius that most of us just can't see? If his own people tried to define to him what a god damn genius he was he wouldn't understand what they were talking about either. Fetterman looks more like a god damn child molester than he does a Future US Senator.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
elonmuskrockefeller

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:37 pm it is truly amazing the number of reports being called into local NYC area radio broadcast about issues at the caller's polling site. On top of the reports of invalid early ballots mailed in for weird internal control address or numerical sequencing control number weirdness.

The election boards had one job. And with all the scrutiny expected one would think it would all be by the book with and the checks and balances.

We used to do voting pretty well. Especially when everyone was allowed to vote. We knew some areas like Chicagoland could get funky but now it is who knows where; if it's there, who to believe?

I just heard someone say on CNBC that some folks (hmmmm, any ideas?) are trying to make voting by mail easier but voting in person harder. That actually sounds accurate.
elonmuskrockefeller

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:40 pm

:?: I have absolutely no idea what you are clumsily trying to say. So are you trying to say Fetterman is a god damn genius that most of us just can't see? If his own people tried to define to him what a god damn genius he was he wouldn't understand what they were talking about either. Fetterman looks more like a god damn child molester than he does a Future US Senator.

:lol:
elonmuskrockefeller

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:23 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:43 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:37 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg_Dj8jWQAQ ... name=small

says a commentator:

Republicans would vote against water if a Democrat suggested it to put out their house fire.
And complain they couldn't swim if they walked on water...

+1

Dr. Scott Jensen looking strong! ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Bart wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:23 pm

The largest part of your tax burden in NYS tend to be school taxes. While there are some unfunded mandated positions/programs the largest part of that burden comes in the form of personnel costs in the form of salary and benefits. You want to lower the overall tax burden in your locality start slashing education. Simple as that.
It ain't that simple in NYS. Those UNFUNDED MANDATES require state government to spend X amount of dollars as dictated by the powers that be. The local county leaders have been opining about this for decades. The quick fix is the same as it has always been... Tax the middle class in Suburbia and make them pony up the bling bling.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Bart

Post by Bart »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:49 pm

It ain't that simple in NYS. Those UNFUNDED MANDATES require state government to spend X amount of dollars as dictated by the powers that be. The local county leaders have been opining about this for decades. The quick fix is the same as it has always been... Tax the middle class in Suburbia and make them pony up the bling bling.
It really is that simply in NYS. What percentage of your total bill is county, city and what percentage is your school taxes. The biggest bite is school taxes. For example Rochester's effective rate in percentages for all three taxes is 22.89 percent on school taxes and only a 9.7 percent on county taxes with an effective equalization of 92%. County may have unfunded mandates that the tax burden deals with but the amount of money that goes to school taxes is just plain higher. Yes, there are some unfunded mandates for districts but the burden of money is for personnel issues (some of which are mandated and not paid for)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:45 pm

Here's a little taste of the research on the topic. Learn something today. It won't hurt --- too much.

https://www.psychreg.org/how-reliable-e ... testimony/

Or rest easy as the world continues to pass you by, my "conservative" friends...

""As we are looking at the world, we have this impression that what we see is the real world. What this tells us is the way we see the world is more strongly dominated by how we perceive it to be rather than what it actually is," Kuhn added. "

https://www.livescience.com/1138-study- ... works.html

So how do you perceive the world, friends? The "right" way, I'm sure.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
elonmuskrockefeller

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:22 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:45 pm

Here's a little taste of the research on the topic. Learn something today. It won't hurt --- too much.

https://www.psychreg.org/how-reliable-e ... testimony/

Or rest easy as the world continues to pass you by, my "conservative" friends...

""As we are looking at the world, we have this impression that what we see is the real world. What this tells us is the way we see the world is more strongly dominated by how we perceive it to be rather than what it actually is," Kuhn added. "

https://www.livescience.com/1138-study- ... works.html

So how do you perceive the world, friends? The "right" way, I'm sure.

This would make more sense if you were talking about one eye witness, not millions of viewers.
elonmuskrockefeller

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:49 pm

Correct. I was told my school taxes from the county are between 60-70% for retired teachers, not active school expenses.

Return to “POLITICS”