Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
lorin

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by lorin »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:38 am
lorin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:23 am Look at the Duke kid much bigger an stronger and he's not killing D1. Good player but not elite.
Lol, who, Brennan O'Neill? He was 10th in the country in goals per game, 21st in points per game, and a 2nd team All-American as a sophomore last year. Hello?
Thats my point good not great
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

If Brennan O'Neill is a two time first team all america, can we agree he's great?

I don't know if Spallina will be a first team all american or not, but I'm not going to assume that his level of athleticism is going to stay the same or that he'll be playing his entire SU career against the defenders you listed (who he'll be playing against for one season). At some point, Spallina will actually be older than some of the defenders he goes up against. Not in 2023, but sometime after that.
lorin

Post by lorin »

ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:21 am If Brennan O'Neill is a two time first team all america, can we agree he's great?

I don't know if Spallina will be a first team all american or not, but I'm not going to assume that his level of athleticism is going to stay the same or that he'll be playing his entire SU career against the defenders you listed (who he'll be playing against for one season). At some point, Spallina will actually be older than some of the defenders he goes up against. Not in 2023, but sometime after that.
Hey I am not here to bash O'neill but at some point stats matter. First two years. I am sorry to point out facts, these kids are better.
Shellenberger 5.13 PPG
Brandau 4.8 PPG
Kirst 4.15 PPG
O'Neil 3.79 PPG
Then go look up Lyle, Pannel, Gray, Spencer, Nolting. first 2 years
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

lorin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:49 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:21 am If Brennan O'Neill is a two time first team all america, can we agree he's great?

Hey I am not here to bash O'neill but at some point stats matter. First two years. I am sorry to point out facts, these kids are better.
Shellenberger 5.13 PPG
Brandau 4.8 PPG
Kirst 4.15 PPG
O'Neil 3.79 PPG
That's not what I asked.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'll take that sort of proven "good" all day and all night, please!

I think "not elite" was the term...pretty darn elite, IMO, when you are a 2nd Team AA!
lorin

Post by lorin »

ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 am

Shellenberger 5.13 PPG
Brandau 4.8 PPG
Kirst 4.15 PPG
O'Neil 3.79 PPG
That's not what I asked.
Have to wait and see if he earns first team A, or is given award because he was great in HS,I think Nolting, Meyer’s, and Kavangh should of be ahead of him this year.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

lorin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Shellenberger 5.13 PPG
Brandau 4.8 PPG
Kirst 4.15 PPG
O'Neil 3.79 PPG
That's not what I asked.
Have to wait and see if he earns first team A, or is given award because he was great in HS,I think Nolting, Meyer’s, and Kavangh should of be ahead of him this year.
Still not what I asked, but fine. Nolting plays for the Cannons.
lorin

Post by lorin »

ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:07 pm
lorin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Shellenberger 5.13 PPG
Brandau 4.8 PPG
Kirst 4.15 PPG
O'Neil 3.79 PPG
That's not what I asked.
Still not what I asked, but fine. Nolting plays for the Cannons.
Nolting better stats is all time great-player and was voted 3rd team both Duke and HP did not make tournament. Just me I am starting a team tomorrow give me Nolting any day.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Anyone know where Mikey Berkman landed?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:14 am Anyone know where Mikey Berkman landed?
Rollins (D2) in his home state of FL
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:48 am Rollins (D2) in his home state of FL
Wow. Big catch for Rollins. Thank you.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

If Brennan is 1st team AA these next two seasons I don’t know how anyone can say he didn’t have a great college career. He IS a great player. I believe he suffers from some of the hype that preceded his arrival.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:44 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:48 am Rollins (D2) in his home state of FL
Wow. Big catch for Rollins. Thank you.
They also picked up Cuse goalie Shahe Katchadurian.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:13 pm

If Brennan is 1st team AA these next two seasons I don’t know how anyone can say he didn’t have a great college career. He IS a great player. I believe he suffers from some of the hype that preceded his arrival.
I agree great player, until he becomes a better feeder can't see him having the stats for first team AA, Shellenberger, Bradau, Myers, Kavanagh, dark horse one of the BU attack guys.
Typical Lax Dad

lorin wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:13 pm

I agree great player, until he becomes a better feeder can't see him having the stats for first team AA, Shellenberger, Bradau, Myers, Kavanagh, dark horse one of the BU attack guys.
Shellenberger is my favorite college lacrosse player. He really is sensational and I am a hard marker.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

bearlaxfan wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:19 am Not a 'Cuse fan but not a hater either, but if I were a fan I'd be concerned about people being given (and that is the word used, accurately) #22 before they play a game. Has Maryland given #1 to incoming freshmen or transfers (à la Scanlon)? Was Rambo promised #1 as a recruit, or did he have to earn it/grow into it? I don't know, but I think it makes for a healthier climate if these rewards are earned. This is not a shot at Spallina, just an observation from 10,000 feet.
Rambo wore 15 as a freshman in 2014. The #1 was Chanenchuck.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:50 pm
Shellenberger is my favorite college lacrosse player. He really is sensational and I am a hard marker.
Kid is unreal. He's just so smart and so smooth, with such an accurate and quick shot.

I was honestly shocked how well Zappitello played him this year especially in the playoffs. Didn't think anyone could do that to him.
Typical Lax Dad

PulpExposure wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:05 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:19 am Not a 'Cuse fan but not a hater either, but if I were a fan I'd be concerned about people being given (and that is the word used, accurately) #22 before they play a game. Has Maryland given #1 to incoming freshmen or transfers (à la Scanlon)? Was Rambo promised #1 as a recruit, or did he have to earn it/grow into it? I don't know, but I think it makes for a healthier climate if these rewards are earned. This is not a shot at Spallina, just an observation from 10,000 feet.
Rambo wore 15 as a freshman in 2014. The #1 was Chanenchuck.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:50 pm
Kid is unreal. He's just so smart and so smooth, with such an accurate and quick shot.

I was honestly shocked how well Zappitello played him this year especially in the playoffs. Didn't think anyone could do that to him.
I am pretty sure he was hurt. Zappitello is excellent also.
molo

Post by molo »

I just read that Paul Gait had an accident that required surgery. I hope he’s ok and recuperating.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Apparently a car accident. The report from Gait Lacrosse is vague. In recovery and recuperating. Expected to return
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

OCanada wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:34 pm Apparently a car accident. The report from Gait Lacrosse is vague. In recovery and recuperating. Expected to return
Return :?:
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”