Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
get it to x

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:29 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:55 am
That article raises a good point about the economics of the deal. $1 billion in annual interest, but the company never made close to that in operating cash flow...the deal at first blush sounds (obviously) dicey.

But, you have to assume there was a rational business case model for the loans. If not, lenders will have egg on their face. I suspect that with co-investors like Kingdom Holdings and Larry Ellison, even if the company failed to generate sufficient cash flow, just between those three (Kingdom, Ellison, and Musk), they would be able to refinance on their own without assistance from other lenders, again if they were forced to refinance.

There will be changes to the Twitter business model of course; some of those changes will be tested and fail, while other tweaks will be tested and succeed. I'd simply say: never bet against his guy. There were a ton of hedge funds that shorted Tesla for the longest time, and they lost a spectacular amount of capital doing so.

Finally, I know that a few of you here at Fanlax claim to *not* hate Musk, but your writing belies your true feelings. This guy's dedication to speech, anti-censorship, humor, and success drives his haters crazy....a similar feat to what Trump used to do, with the same antagonists. It's really intriguing.
:lol: Dedication to free speech? How come Trump isn't allowed back on? Or anyone else that was banned?

Why would Musk POSSIBLY need a committee if he believed in unfettered speech as the Fake-Right alleges? Reinstate EVERYONE, and let them post what they want.

You guys will believe ANYTHING someone tells you if you think they are on your team. It's both hilarious and terrifying.

Wanna know why Musk did all this? Because competition is on its way from companies who REALLY know how to run factories....... and Musk needs to make sure that Republicans don't get in , and turn the government subsidies off. Remember those? 10 minutes ago, every Republican on the board was complaining about subsidized electric cars.

And lo and behold on this very Musk thread, NOT ONE OF YOU is talking about subsidies anymore. Poof. Complaints are allllll gone.

Why? Because Musk (snicker) has managed to convince you that a card carrying lib that owns an electric car company is "one of you",. :lol: :lol: It's spectacular. So sure, he'll "vote for DeSantis", who isn't even running for anything yet.

All so he can get Republican voters to subsidize his company (and this is the best part) with THEIR MONEY.

So please, by all means, change your mind about electric cars and paying for them with YOUR MONEY, Pete (and others, for that matter).

All because you don't actually have values like your grandparents did. You'll allow our leaders and 1%er to do ANYTHING so long as you're convinced they're "one of you".

Why do you all think I keep bringing up Trump making government 66% larger in just four years? Because all the supposed conservatives on the board, save cradle (gotta love him) watched as Trump blew out the size of Federal government AND SAID NOTHING.

But sure. You guys are "conservatives". :roll:

Who needs to operate an efficient Car company when you fool a bunch of fake conservatives to talk about (snicker) twitter, as if it's PBS......and while they are fixated on yet another stupid, pointless, FoxNation fake issue...........simply run to Congress for more taxpayer money, fellas! :lol:
+100. I have been agnostic about Musk owning the platform from the beginning. He's a wealthy guy with an ego and brain to match. Why didn't he just start his own platform and call it a free speech haven? Let's see what kind of real changes are instituted in content moderation before we call him the savior or the devil. As a rule, I am more skeptical of the so called "elites" than anyone I meet on the street.

As far as the layoffs, based on what I have seen, Twitter employees were among the most pampered ever. How else would you explain the sense of entitlement evidenced in their list of demands to Musk? I am sure that, much like the Federal workforce, a 50% reduction in headcount would not result in anything near a 50% reduction in total productivity.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Interesting thread relating to Musk’s assertion that “woke activists” are causing advertisers to flee:

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/stat ... 7176997888
a fan

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:41 pm Interesting thread relating to Musk’s assertion that “woke activists” are causing advertisers to flee:

Un-possible, seacoaster. There’s no way that twitter cleaned up content because of money. It HAS to be because of conspiracies. :roll:

These are huffy-bear libs, not 1%ers who don’t care how they get paid.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:41 pm Interesting thread relating to Musk’s assertion that “woke activists” are causing advertisers to flee:

Un-possible, seacoaster. There’s no way that twitter cleaned up content because of money. It HAS to be because of conspiracies. :roll:

Understood; I forgot there, for a moment, that in America in 2022 everything is explained by a conspiracy theory in which "conservatives" are cancelled by Mrs. Pelosi and the Pizza parlor where the kids' blood is harvested by Merrick Garland.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

There are no conspiracies, only coincidences. :lol: :lol:
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:43 pm

Oh, there are indeed conspiracies.....and it's a conspiracy to keep the proletariat arguing over stupid stuff while 1%ers like Musk clean our wallets out.

Same conspiracy has been operating since man formed cities. It's a guy like Elon Musk telling Republican voters that "the libs" are the reason they can't get ahead in life. And guys like Biden saying "whoops, I just couldn't get around to removing Trump's tax cuts, or getting an immigration reform bill on the floor"........

Rinse, repeat.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:18 pm

Oh, there are indeed conspiracies.....and it's a conspiracy to keep the proletariat arguing over stupid stuff while 1%ers like Musk clean our wallets out.

Same conspiracy has been operating since man formed cities. It's a guy like Elon Musk telling Republican voters that "the libs" are the reason they can't get ahead in life. And guys like Biden saying "whoops, I just couldn't get around to removing Trump's tax cuts, or getting an immigration reform bill on the floor"........

Rinse, repeat.
The real issue is they know if they worked together and solved our problems, then the money would dry up.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

get it to x wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:34 pm

Rinse, repeat.
The real issue is they know if they worked together and solved our problems, then the money would dry up.
Bingo. We don't agree on much but you hit the nail on the head here. :mrgreen:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Rinse, repeat.
The essence of conspiracy theory: mistaken belief in collectives.

Who is this "they" and this "our"?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:14 am

Rinse, repeat.

"Our" is almost all of us. Problems like inflation, crime, an open border and supply disruptions effect middle class people whether they are conservative, moderate or progressive. "They", the people calling the shots are largely immune to it all. They ignore the "Great Unwashed" at their own peril. In my mind, establishment D's and R's are akin to two foxes (they) and a chicken (us) voting on what's for dinner.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:31 am

Rinse, repeat.

"Our" is almost all of us. Problems like inflation, crime, an open border and supply disruptions effect middle class people whether they are conservative, moderate or progressive. "They", the people calling the shots are largely immune to it all. They ignore the "Great Unwashed" at their own peril. In my mind, establishment D's and R's are akin to two foxes (they) and a chicken (us) voting on what's for dinner.
+1 very well said..
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
smoova

Post by smoova »

get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:31 am In my mind, establishment D's and R's are akin to two foxes (they) and a chicken (us) voting on what's for dinner.
Certainly no grifting by recent, non-establishment politicians ...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

get it to x wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:31 am

Rinse, repeat.

Almost all of "us"? How are you defining "middle class"?

Do you consider politicians to be "calling the shots"? Do you mistake politicians for something other than prison "trusty"? Neither fish nor fowl. Not an inmate, not the warden. Epitome of "middle-management".

Carlin says it best. Forget the distractions of wedge issues used to divide "us": abortion, gun rights, "right to work", religion. Ultimately, those are irrelevant and secondary to economic servitude. "Citizens United" has started the imposition of involuntary servitude, Moore v. Harper should ice it. By the by, the origin of the Pinckney Papers is in dispute.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/03/11307112 ... ckney-plan

“But there’s a reason. There’s a reason. There’s a reason for this, there’s a reason education sucks, and it’s the same reason that it will never, ever, ever be fixed. It’s never gonna get any better. Don’t look for it. Be happy with what you got. Because the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the real owners now, the real owners, the big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought and paid for the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying, lobbying, to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I'll tell you what they don’t want: They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. That's right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table to figure out how badly they’re getting heck by a system that threw them overboard 30 heck years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers. Obedient workers. People who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it. They’ll get it all from you, sooner or later, 'cause they own this fcuking place. It's a big club, and you ain’t in it. You and I are not in the big club. And by the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head in their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table is tilted folks. The game is rigged, and nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-working people -- white collar, blue collar, it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on -- good honest hard-working people continue -- these are people of modest means -- continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don’t give a heck about them. They don’t give a fcuk about you. They don’t give a fcuk about you. They don't care about you at all -- at all -- at all. And nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care. That's what the owners count on; the fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that's being jammed up their assholes everyday. Because the owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Oops. I'm pretty sure what I would charge Elon to return.

Twitter Now Asks Some Fired Workers to Please Come Back
Twitter management trying to bring back dozens of workers
Some employees now needed or were laid off by mistake

Some of those who are being asked to return were laid off by mistake, according to two people familiar with the moves. Others were let go before management realized that their work and experience may be necessary to build the new features Musk envisions, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing private information.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ify%20wall

In either case, not an auspicious start for Boy Wonder and his band of rocketeers....

Chief Twit sounds about right. Hoisted on his own petard. Dolt.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Censorship? On My "Free Speech" Platform? :lol: Dude's got thinner skin than Trump. Even accounts that put "parody" in their name or bio are getting suspended. Unsurprising clown show. Maybe Mr. Rockefellar and other free speech advocates can explain?

elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:39 am Censorship? On My "Free Speech" Platform? :lol: Dude's got thinner skin than Trump. Even accounts that put "parody" in their name or bio are getting suspended. Unsurprising clown show. Maybe Mr. Rockefellar and other free speech advocates can explain?

Identity theft is an actual crime.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:46 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:39 am Censorship? On My "Free Speech" Platform? :lol: Dude's got thinner skin than Trump. Even accounts that put "parody" in their name or bio are getting suspended. Unsurprising clown show. Maybe Mr. Rockefellar and other free speech advocates can explain?

Fooled ya, did she? High marks for discernment, friend.
elonmuskrockefeller

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:49 am

It doesn't really matter in a court of law. Identity theft is an actual crime. Further, not everyone in the world who reads Twitter is sensitive to American culture; many Americans aren't either.

If you want to avoid the charge of identity theft, post (PARODY) by your name. Simple stuff really.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:53 am

It doesn't really matter in a court of law. Identity theft is an actual crime. Further, not everyone in the world who reads Twitter is sensitive to American culture; many Americans aren't either.

If you want to avoid the charge of identity theft, post (PARODY) by your name. Simple stuff really.
1. It's not identity theft.

2. LMAO they are posting "Parody" and still getting banned.

3. Courts have ruled you don't have to specifically label something as "PARODY" for it to be parody.

4. It's free speech to change your name online.

5. Why do you and Musk love censorship so much and why are you both against free speech and freedom?

6. If a private company wanted to verify someone's identity and enforce it, they maybe shouldn't fire most of their moderation and verification team.

7. Why are you claiming to be Elon Musk Rockefeller on a lacrosse forum? Why are you stealing an identity?

:lol: Clown show

elonmuskrockefeller

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:38 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:53 am

1. It's not identity theft.

2. LMAO they are posting "Parody" and still getting banned.

3. Courts have ruled you don't have to specifically label something as "PARODY" for it to be parody.

4. It's free speech to change your name online.

5. Why do you and Musk love censorship so much and why are you both against free speech and freedom?

6. If a private company wanted to verify someone's identity and enforce it, they maybe shouldn't fire most of their moderation and verification team.

7. Why are you claiming to be Elon Musk Rockefeller on a lacrosse forum? Why are you stealing an identity?

:lol: Clown show

For starters, there exists no "Elon Musk Rockefeller" that I'm aware of... If there is, I would of course make a new name.

Secondly, I have never posted in a manner that pretends to be a mythical Elon Musk Rockefeller, should he even exist. Kathy Griffin posted in such a manner. She pretended to be Elon Musk, ie: 'I am Elon Musk and this is what I believe'.

I do not know of any PARODY account which has been suspended for being a parody other than The Babylon Bee, a conservative site still suspended and not yet restored since March because it gave its annual 'Man of the Year' award to Rachel Levine.

I believe the pushback here on Musk has nothing to do with free speech, but rather is simply Democrats becoming angry that they perceive the speech field is no longer tilted their way. The head of the NAACP this weekend organized a boycott of many multinational Twitter advertiser because he is not happy that he no longer has a direct line into the Twitter safety team (his contact was fired).

Return to “POLITICS”