2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
get it to x

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:12 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:50 pm ... I just don't understand how a party that calls to defund the FBI, attacks Capitol Police officers, etc., etc. expect to get decent people to vote for them. :lol:
When the FBI gave Cheryl Mills et al amnesty and allowed her to destroy her phone they ceased being a legit law enforcement entity and became a tool of the Democrat Party. I say fire everyne in the Hoover Building and find some field agents who won't put their thumb on the scale.
The other side says the same thing about the legitimacy of law enforcement agencies when a policeman dropped a knee on the neck of a man for five minutes...killing him.

Isn't there a tiny chance that you're BOTH right? And you need to join forces and fix our governments?
Yes, and I recently stated I was with Brooklyn, of all people, when it came to Chauvin. Your manual might tell you that's the way to deal with the situation, but your humanity should tell you otherwise.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:50 pm ... I just don't understand how a party that calls to defund the FBI, attacks Capitol Police officers, etc., etc. expect to get decent people to vote for them. :lol:
When the FBI gave Cheryl Mills et al amnesty and allowed her to destroy her phone they ceased being a legit law enforcement entity and became a tool of the Democrat Party. I say fire everyone in the Hoover Building and find some field agents who won't put their thumb on the scale.

BTW, Real Clear Politics has the Senate at 54/46, with Bolduc winning in NH. I still think Tiffany Smiley has a legit shot against Sneaker Mom Patty Murray.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... ction.html
And how might you accomplish that, Diogenes?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:21 pm
When the FBI gave Cheryl Mills et al amnesty and allowed her to destroy her phone they ceased being a legit law enforcement entity and became a tool of the Democrat Party. I say fire everyne in the Hoover Building and find some field agents who won't put their thumb on the scale.
The other side says the same thing about the legitimacy of law enforcement agencies when a policeman dropped a knee on the neck of a man for five minutes...killing him.

Isn't there a tiny chance that you're BOTH right? And you need to join forces and fix our governments?
Yes, and I recently stated I was with Brooklyn, of all people, when it came to Chauvin.\
:lol: Brookie, as Brookie knows better than anyone...can take things waaaaay out there.

And not that you care, but you just scored major points from me. Focus on the sh*t we agree on, and don't let the wanker 1%ers in charge distract us from more important goals as Americans.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:23 pm

No...hell no, we must fight at all costs!! ;) :lol:
:lol: ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:48 pm

... You miss the point, no one died, it's all Hillary Clinton's fault in his fever dream conspiracy theory. :roll: The FBI was in the tank for Hillary, but the FBI destroyed the chance of Hillary winning the Presidency by breaking their own rule about talking about investigations in progress that have not concluded. You wonder why a right wing nut breaks into Pelosi's House. It is this kind of clear thinking. :roll:
I understand all that. My point is: if you don't trust government? Great. Now you know how the folks in Minneapolis feel, and you should support them next time. Apply your distrust evenly. You and I both know that the problem with the Deep State stuff, is that most ONLY apply that thinking when their team's ox is gored.

That would be a GIANT step in the right direction of putting the tinfoil hats away for a while.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kari Lake and Katie Hobbs are now tied according to Siena College poll. We will see. Lake was declaring victory on Faux News when they flashed this across the screen. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:22 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:48 pm

... You miss the point, no one died, it's all Hillary Clinton's fault in his fever dream conspiracy theory. :roll: The FBI was in the tank for Hillary, but the FBI destroyed the chance of Hillary winning the Presidency by breaking their own rule about talking about investigations in progress that have not concluded. You wonder why a right wing nut breaks into Pelosi's House. It is this kind of clear thinking. :roll:
I understand all that. My point is: if you don't trust government? Great. Now you know how the folks in Minneapolis feel, and you should support them next time. Apply your distrust evenly. You and I both know that the problem with the Deep State stuff, is that most ONLY apply that thinking when their team's ox is gored.

That would be a GIANT step in the right direction of putting the tinfoil hats away for a while.
Sure both sides have problems with the "system", but the tinfoil hats gotta go away first, everyone working from the same set of facts, not interpretations, but facts.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Chaos Is The Point: Get Ready For Legal Hell After The Midterms
In 2020, Trump was able to use an endless series of affidavits filed in lawsuits around the country to sow spurious claims of voter fraud. Eastman’s comments suggest an effort to prepare for similar litigation.

“That then becomes the basis for an affidavit in a court challenge after the fact,” Eastman continued.

It’s laying the groundwork to repeat the playbook that Chesebro and Eastman pioneered in 2020, accumulating legal challenges bolstered by conspiracy theorizing affidavits to apply pressure on state officials and subvert the election.

2020’s fake electors scheme is under federal criminal investigation, with prosecutors examining the role of the Trump campaign and White House in orchestrating the plot.

A California federal judge found last month that Eastman filed at least one Georgia lawsuit seeking to overturn the election results in bad faith, ruling that it was merely a way to keep unfounded accusations that the election was stolen alive in time for the January 6, 2021 Congressional certification of Biden’s win.

That time, it failed.

But as Marshall Yates, a former chief of staff to 2020 election subverter Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) and current Election Integrity Network Official, put it at the event: “We will not let what happened in 2020 ever happen again.”

The exhortation to mistrust the results — and to be prepared to challenge them — is already a mainstay of the right-wing media atmosphere.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson suggested to his viewers last week that a victory for the Democrats in Pennsylvania could only be illegitimate.

“They can even run mentally defective candidates who can barely speak, and not only expect them to win, but expect you to accept the outcome no matter how transparently absurd it is,” Carlson said.

“On Nov. 9 they’ll be telling you that John Fetterman got 81 million votes in Pennsylvania, and they’ll threaten to put you in jail if you don’t believe it,” he added. “Why wouldn’t they do that? It worked for Joe Biden.”

This isn’t just Carlson’s opportunism. It’s one example of the lingering consequences of the Trump campaign’s post-2020 election attempt to subvert the results, now being projected forward into 2022 and onwards.

Eastman, Carlson, and Trump himself are asking their followers to assume that results which go against the GOP are not credible. It creates a gaping void for opportunists to exploit, but it’s unclear what will fill it.

Or, as Trump purportedly told his cohorts in 2020, all that was needed was for the election to be declared as corrupt. After that, he and his allies could act.

“Just say the election was corrupt,” Richard Donoghue, a top DOJ official, recorded Trump as saying. “Leave the rest to me and the [Republican] Congressmen.”
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Well, it's the same party that made up a story about imaginary WMD and an impending attack, killed over one million innocent Middle Easterners, and stole several trillion dollars from the national treasury in order to further enrich the wealthy. Despite claiming to be of high principle and moral values, in their little minds such things are "decent".
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

Biden gave another unhinged speech this evening.

If I understand the message, it goes like this: democracy ends when the other party wins a free election

Truly bizarre stuff.

My advice to anyone: vote. I’m willing to accept the results. If you don’t vote, don’t complain. If you lose, feel free to retool for the next election.

For Biden, his words aren’t all that different than Trump’s. It’s funny to see that those who supposedly hate Trump the most are often the most similar to him.

Laughing over here.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:13 pm Biden gave another unhinged speech this evening.

If I understand the message, it goes like this: democracy ends when the other party wins a free election

Truly bizarre stuff.

My advice to anyone: vote. I’m willing to accept the results. If you don’t vote, don’t complain. If you lose, feel free to retool for the next election.

For Biden, his words aren’t all that different than Trump’s. It’s funny to see that those who supposedly hate Trump the most are often the most similar to him.

Laughing over here.
My advice: use your original account, if you can.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:07 am
get it to x wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:38 am

No anger at all. Agree with you 100% on Chauvin. Don't agree that we can do away with robust law enforcement. Cops should never infringe on civil liberties, but they shouldn't stand around and watch a store be looted. It might help if people like you didn't sew so much distrust in police that you make it harder for them to do their jobs. It might also help if we educated young people how to handle an encounter with police. Everyone has a part to play to make it work.

Let me refresh your memory:

"wilding":

https://www.oxygen.com/martinis-murder/ ... ral-park-5

''Death and Taxes analyst Robyn Pennacchia went as far as describing both "wilding" and the "knockout game" as media fabrications.

"There was no such real trend as 'wilding,'" Pennacchia wrote in Business Insider. "It was all made up-but easily accepted by a society conditioned to see young black men as criminals rather than people."

Those Nazi criminal cops who made up the stories are retired today living off of fat pensions financed by taxpayers. They, like many other criminal cops, will be laughing and celebrating for the rest of their lives while others wallow in prison for crimes they never committed because the cops were not caught. While you defend them, I demand that they pay back every cent they stole from taxpayers and to spend the rest of their lives in prison where they belong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... QP3V-lFLqp

As shown in the movie, in the book, and in the Knapp hearings, your cop heroes spread drugs all over NYC. Thousands die from drug overdose every year thanks to those criminal cops who control the drug trade. I believe in a life for a life. Since NYC cops are responsible for the deaths of thousands every year, it's time to string up the cop dope dealers ~ it'll teach them a lesson.

cops plant evidence: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... t+evidence

https://www.google.com/search?q=cops+pl ... e&ie=UTF-8

prosecutors allow cops to get away with murder:

As we argued recently in the Boston University Law Review, police exert significant control over prosecutors in both formal and informal ways. For example, in sociological research examining police and prosecutorial practice in Chicago, prosecutors relied on police testimony to win trials, and those trial wins were essential to earning promotions within the office. Prosecutors described an overt pressure to comply with a police culture of “silence and violence” that all but dictated that prosecutors operate with “blinders” on. This meant that questioning an officer’s version of events, whether there was a dead suspect or just a missing bag of drugs, was seen as a sign of “disrespect” to the officer. Conscientious prosecutors who questioned the legitimacy of a police report or the word of an officer could end up with tarnished reputations amongst law enforcement, resistance from officers, and marginalization in the office.

This perverse incentive structure normalized police perjury and created the conditions upon which police misconduct could thrive in small and big ways. These practices stacked the deck in favor of the state in run-of-the-mill prosecutions and often violated the law—both state and constitutional. But, in the most extreme cases, where a suspect was shot or killed, they helped ensure that there was no justice for the victim or community, no accountability for the police, and the officer involved was allowed to continue walking their beat.

https://www.aclu.org/news/criminal-law- ... ith-murder

right wing hero Mark Fuhrman: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuhrman_tapes

Miami police corruption: https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-libra ... misconduct

Philly corrupt cops: https://www.amazon.com/Busted-Tale-Corr ... 0062085441

As with every unregulated industry, the less restraint on it, the more corrupt, exploitative, and damaging it is to society. Once we regulated an industry, it ceases to produce defective products and society becomes safer. Same with cops - unlike get it to x's mysticism, standing by and allowing cops to engage in their corrupt practices will never make ours a safer society. Pouring money into their budgets will only make matters worse -- proof of that has been plainly demonstrated as the big cities throughout the land vastly increased their police budgets, hired more police, and refused to impose reform. The result? A massive INCREASE in crime. Therefore, what we need is to spend LESS money and to impose drastic regulation which will reform police. Then we will have fewer bribes, less drug distribution, fewer innocents killed on the streets by cops, and cops actually doing the work they are paid for rather than spending their days in day long coffee breaks. Impose police regulatory reform and we will have a safer and better society.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

elonmuskrockefeller

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:03 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:07 am
get it to x wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:38 am

No anger at all. Agree with you 100% on Chauvin. Don't agree that we can do away with robust law enforcement. Cops should never infringe on civil liberties, but they shouldn't stand around and watch a store be looted. It might help if people like you didn't sew so much distrust in police that you make it harder for them to do their jobs. It might also help if we educated young people how to handle an encounter with police. Everyone has a part to play to make it work.
Let me refresh your memory:

"wilding":

https://www.oxygen.com/martinis-murder/ ... ral-park-5

''Death and Taxes analyst Robyn Pennacchia went as far as describing both "wilding" and the "knockout game" as media fabrications.

"There was no such real trend as 'wilding,'" Pennacchia wrote in Business Insider. "It was all made up-but easily accepted by a society conditioned to see young black men as criminals rather than people."

Those Nazi criminal cops who made up the stories are retired today living off of fat pensions financed by taxpayers. They, like many other criminal cops, will be laughing and celebrating for the rest of their lives while others wallow in prison for crimes they never committed because the cops were not caught. While you defend them, I demand that they pay back every cent they stole from taxpayers and to spend the rest of their lives in prison where they belong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... QP3V-lFLqp

As shown in the movie, in the book, and in the Knapp hearings, your cop heroes spread drugs all over NYC. Thousands die from drug overdose every year thanks to those criminal cops who control the drug trade. I believe in a life for a life. Since NYC cops are responsible for the deaths of thousands every year, it's time to string up the cop dope dealers ~ it'll teach them a lesson.
cops plant evidence: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... t+evidence

https://www.google.com/search?q=cops+pl ... e&ie=UTF-8

prosecutors allow cops to get away with murder:

As we argued recently in the Boston University Law Review, police exert significant control over prosecutors in both formal and informal ways. For example, in sociological research examining police and prosecutorial practice in Chicago, prosecutors relied on police testimony to win trials, and those trial wins were essential to earning promotions within the office. Prosecutors described an overt pressure to comply with a police culture of “silence and violence” that all but dictated that prosecutors operate with “blinders” on. This meant that questioning an officer’s version of events, whether there was a dead suspect or just a missing bag of drugs, was seen as a sign of “disrespect” to the officer. Conscientious prosecutors who questioned the legitimacy of a police report or the word of an officer could end up with tarnished reputations amongst law enforcement, resistance from officers, and marginalization in the office.

This perverse incentive structure normalized police perjury and created the conditions upon which police misconduct could thrive in small and big ways. These practices stacked the deck in favor of the state in run-of-the-mill prosecutions and often violated the law—both state and constitutional. But, in the most extreme cases, where a suspect was shot or killed, they helped ensure that there was no justice for the victim or community, no accountability for the police, and the officer involved was allowed to continue walking their beat.

https://www.aclu.org/news/criminal-law- ... ith-murder

right wing hero Mark Fuhrman: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuhrman_tapes

Miami police corruption: https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-libra ... misconduct

Philly corrupt cops: https://www.amazon.com/Busted-Tale-Corr ... 0062085441

As with every unregulated industry, the less restraint on it, the more corrupt, exploitative, and damaging it is to society. Once we regulated an industry, it ceases to produce defective products and society becomes safer. Same with cops - unlike get it to x's mysticism, standing by and allowing cops to engage in their corrupt practices will never make ours a safer society. Pouring money into their budgets will only make matters worse -- proof of that has been plainly demonstrated as the big cities throughout the land vastly increased their police budgets, hired more police, and refused to impose reform. The result? A massive INCREASE in crime. Therefore, what we need is to spend LESS money and to impose drastic regulation which will reform police. Then we will have fewer bribes, less drug distribution, fewer innocents killed on the streets by cops, and cops actually doing the work they are paid for rather than spending their days in day long coffee breaks. Impose police regulatory reform and we will have a safer and better society.

Your interpretation of "regulation" is overly generous to the government and deeply uncharitable to producers (I am speaking only of corporate regulation, not regulation of police). The level of 'fraud' committed by government regulators, either purposefully or unknowingly, is often multiples of whatever damage you think is committed by a producer.

Further, I am a proponent of class action lawsuits (keeps producers honest), loser pays (keeps lawyers honest), and social media (keeps the system honest...ultimately). No government necessary.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

This is only my personal observation about the races in NYS. IMO the Democrats made a huge tactical error after the SCOTUS decision re R v W. The expectations on the D side was a huge backlash of angry voters. It appears they miscalculated by putting all of their eggs in one basket. The never ending political ads by the Democrats focused mainly on that one issue. The problem was they neglected to pay attention to the problems they created with cashless bail and releasing dangerous criminals from prison. That is the issue that Republicans have hammered them with mercilessly in their ads. If you asked me 3 months ago if Kathy Hochul and my local congressman Joe Morelle would be in competitive races I would not have believed you. Morelle should be winning his district by 20 percentage points or more. It should be a cakewalk. Last week the Democrats lobbed a huge chunk of money Morelle's way because they see it as a tossup and are getting very nervous that Morelle could lose to the former chief of police in Rochester LeRon Singletary. Kathy Hochul is in the same boat. She has made a valiant attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. She should be crushing Lee Zeldin like a bug. If you believe or can trust the pollsters they are now running neck and neck. If Hochul loses this race it will be because of her short-sighted and very vocal advocation for cash less bail and early release. It might have worked if it was not for the fact that so many of these people both convicted and accused of criminal behavior chose to put themselves right back into circulation by going out and commiting new crimes. It took too long for some of the folks in the Democrat party to get the message. The last few weeks governor Hochul has switched gears with a half hearted attempt in her new ads about getting illegal weapons off the street. Maybe some one should have informed her that these illegal guns are attached to very violent people. She might have been too busy doing an end run around law abiding gun owners with concealed carry permits. Win, lose or draw Gov Hochul will always have that beautiful bright white Cheshire cat smile to take with her.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
elonmuskrockefeller

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:47 am This is only my personal observation about the races in NYS. IMO the Democrats made a huge tactical error after the SCOTUS decision re R v W. The expectations on the D side was a huge backlash of angry voters. It appears they miscalculated by putting all of their eggs in one basket. The never ending political ads by the Democrats focused mainly on that one issue. The problem was they neglected to pay attention to the problems they created with cashless bail and releasing dangerous criminals from prison. That is the issue that Republicans have hammered them with mercilessly in their ads. If you asked me 3 months ago if Kathy Hochul and my local congressman Joe Morelle would be in competitive races I would not have believed you. Morelle should be winning his district by 20 percentage points or more. It should be a cakewalk. Last week the Democrats lobbed a huge chunk of money Morelle's way because they see it as a tossup and are getting very nervous that Morelle could lose to the former chief of police in Rochester LeRon Singletary. Kathy Hochul is in the same boat. She has made a valiant attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. She should be crushing Lee Zeldin like a bug. If you believe or can trust the pollsters they are now running neck and neck. If Hochul loses this race it will be because of her short-sighted and very vocal advocation for cash less bail and early release. It might have worked if it was not for the fact that so many of these people both convicted and accused of criminal behavior chose to put themselves right back into circulation by going out and commiting new crimes. It took too long for some of the folks in the Democrat party to get the message. The last few weeks governor Hochul has switched gears with a half hearted attempt in her new ads about getting illegal weapons off the street. Maybe some one should have informed her that these illegal guns are attached to very violent people. She might have been too busy doing an end run around law abiding gun owners with concealed carry permits. Win, lose or draw Gov Hochul will always have that beautiful bright white Cheshire cat smile to take with her.

Gosh she's awful.

I'd add that I think Lee Zeldin is a perfectly agreeable candidate with the right message at the right time.

As for me, I really hope Maloney loses to Lawler. Lawler again seems like a nice young man with a good background. I am pulling for him.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:23 am

Further, I am a proponent of class action lawsuits (keeps producers honest), loser pays (keeps lawyers honest), and social media (keeps the system honest...ultimately). No government necessary.

Police forces are part of the government.

Minneapolis and other cities are paying millions in damages from lawsuits arising from police corruption. All the social media in the world such as the recording of criminal cop activity has done nothing to stop their Gestapo tactics. For the most part, lawyers are only doing their job and shouldn't be blamed for judicial or prosecutorial tolerance of police corruption. Bottom line is that legally mandated police reform is the only solution to the mess we have today.

Return to “POLITICS”