Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:41 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:29 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:51 pm tps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/democrats-als ... d0edce62a8

So it is only an issue when DeSantis does it. All the blather on this forum from FLP wankers about the government lying and yada yada yada. When it is their folks doing all of the lying,then it is a horse of a different color. At least DeSantis had the gumption to tell America what he was doing and why. The same brain damaged democratic leadership would not be honest with the American people to let them know they were distributing illegals all over the country in the middle of the night when no one was looking.
where you been, cradle?...this is old news, and already addressed quite coherently.

Of course the government moves people to other parts of the country, whether to their families or to orgs prepared to handle their care while they are going through the asylum process. That's rational and appropriate.

There's plenty to criticize the government about without making up a dumb argument.

By contrast, DeSantis lied to the asylum seekers from Venezuela (not "illegal"...they're here legally) and shipped them from Texas to a location without informing the local organization/government of their likely arrival...on purpose not coordinating. Stranding legal asylum seekers far from where they need to be to pursue their asylum cases and lying to them...but hey, someone else's problem...it's backfiring on DeSantis.
A load of horsechit on your part yet again. I like how you try and bullchit your way out of the democRAT lie by declaring it old news that was already covered. You and trump have more in common than I realized when it comes to the art of spreading bullchit. Democrats are distributing illegals all over the country in the middle of the night while most Americans are sound asleep. So much for transparency MD, that ship has sailed. I'm reminded of the words of TV Doctor House... Everybody lies...
This is the definition of dumb. RedfromMI, I think, responded immediately several days ago that the two situations were entirely different. Many sources would have confirmed this. But the Couch in Rochester stands firm in his unknowing, incurious position.
If your party is choosing to transport illegals to various cities as quietly and anonymously as they can in the middle of the night you folks can try and explain it all day long. Nice try counselor but your objection is over ruled. When you do this type of stuff in the middle of the night when nobody is paying attention there is a very simple reason why. You dont want people to see what you are doing. It ain't that complicated counselor. Why isn't the Biden administration doing these relocations using the concept you hold dear of " full transparency" ??? Everyone can see what your up to at 3pm. Nobody knows what your up to at 3am. When you cut to the chase Democrats are relocating these illegals all over the country very, very quietly so nobody asks them alot of questions. When somebody like myself starts to question the concepts via your criticism of DeSantis and Abbott doing the same damn thing you become miraculously all hypersensitive about the issue. I wonder why that is??
Perfect; thanks.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:51 pm tps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/democrats-als ... d0edce62a8

So it is only an issue when DeSantis does it. All the blather on this forum from FLP wankers about the government lying and yada yada yada. When it is their folks doing all of the lying,then it is a horse of a different color. At least DeSantis had the gumption to tell America what he was doing and why. The same brain damaged democratic leadership would not be honest with the American people to let them know they were distributing illegals all over the country in the middle of the night when no one was looking.
where you been, cradle?...this is old news, and already addressed quite coherently.

Of course the government moves people to other parts of the country, whether to their families or to orgs prepared to handle their care while they are going through the asylum process. That's rational and appropriate.

There's plenty to criticize the government about without making up a dumb argument.

By contrast, DeSantis lied to the asylum seekers from Venezuela (not "illegal"...they're here legally) and shipped them from Texas to a location without informing the local organization/government of their likely arrival...on purpose not coordinating. Stranding legal asylum seekers far from where they need to be to pursue their asylum cases and lying to them...but hey, someone else's problem...it's backfiring on DeSantis.
A load of horsechit on your part yet again. I like how you try and bullchit your way out of the democRAT lie by declaring it old news that was already covered. You and trump have more in common than I realized when it comes to the art of spreading bullchit. Democrats are distributing illegals all over the country in the middle of the night while most Americans are sound asleep. So much for transparency MD, that ship has sailed. I'm reminded of the words of TV Doctor House... Everybody lies...
This is the definition of dumb. RedfromMI, I think, responded immediately several days ago that the two situations were entirely different. Many sources would have confirmed this. But the Couch in Rochester stands firm in his unknowing, incurious position.
If your party is choosing to transport illegals to various cities as quietly and anonymously as they can in the middle of the night you folks can try and explain it all day long. Nice try counselor but your objection is over ruled. When you do this type of stuff in the middle of the night when nobody is paying attention there is a very simple reason why. You dont want people to see what you are doing. It ain't that complicated counselor. Why isn't the Biden administration doing these relocations using the concept you hold dear of " full transparency" ??? Everyone can see what your up to at 3pm. Nobody knows what your up to at 3am. When you cut to the chase Democrats are relocating these illegals all over the country very, very quietly so nobody asks them alot of questions. When somebody like myself starts to question the concepts via your criticism of DeSantis and Abbott doing the same damn thing you become miraculously all hypersensitive about the issue. I wonder why that is??
Perfect; thanks.
:lol:

cradle, there's no lack of transparency. That's merely in the fevered imaginations of ultra right wingers and their media/social media feeds.

The cities and towns and organizations, as well as their families if any, which are destinations are fully informed and prepared for the legal asylum seekers' arrival.

There's not been any hiding of this, indeed it's exactly what (most of us) would hope that the government would do with legal asylum seekers rather than forcing them to stay and burden border towns without space and sufficient support.

And yes, you're late to this discussion which was already robust here on FL.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Yeah, but if Cradle says it enough times...it becomes true! The kind of thinking that identifies a MAGAt from the GIT! :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

There may be a lack of publicity to the flights - but that would only to prevent a giant RW protest when the immigrants arrived at their destination.

The reality is that the business class Rs actually would like more legal immigration, as that makes for an easier time in staffing their concerns (and more than a few that would like to keep a lot of 'illegal' immigration going to allow them to be exploited). But the Trumpian base has been fed a message that these immigrants are lesser than them and are dangerous both in the sense of crime and that they will take the base's jobs (neither which is actually true).

So nothing gets done on the R side because the fear begets votes...and anyone who would benefit from more immigration is afraid enough of the base to do anything (their own fear of the base they have created).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Perfect; thanks.
This is why that number of folks who believe the election was stolen is so high…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:23 am

Perfect; thanks.
This is why that number of folks who believe the election was stolen is so high…
And the weird persistent belief in angels....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:09 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:23 am

Perfect; thanks.
And the weird persistent belief in angels....
I persist in my belief of these Angels!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ret_models
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Ironic that a state with leadership so hostile to immigrtants is now dependant on them to "fix" it. Of course, their will be no gratitude or appreciation for the slaves used to reconstruct "paradise"...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/imm ... -rcna51220

"Experts say immigrants are much more likely to be victims of labor exploitation or suffer disproportionate economic devastation following a natural disaster.

"Not only are migrants the first to be affected by these extreme weather events, but they tend to be the first who try to rebuild," said Ariel Ruiz Soto, policy analyst with the Migration Policy Institute.

Immigrant workers from Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala historically comprise the backbone of the recovery workforce that flocks to regions hit by natural disasters, he added. They helped to rebuild New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and Houston after Hurricane Harvey in 2017."

And sure, DeSatan, contractors are going to hire locally... Going to have the geriatric labor force tackle that cleanup and restoration?

So, DeSatan, put your (taxpayer's) money where your big, fat, sanctimonious mouth is and crack down on illegal immigrant labor. Conduct random and comprehensive I-9 checks with immediate consequences for individuals or companies found to be in violation. Let's see how that impacts rebuilding.

"On Tuesday, DeSantis said at a news conference that three of four people arrested last week for "ransacking" communities following Hurricane Ian were illegal immigrants who should be immediately deported.

"They should not be here at all," he said.

His office did not return a request for comment.

On Friday, DeSantis encouraged Florida debris companies to hire locally.

"Many Floridians in Southwest Florida have had their businesses and livelihoods impacted by the storm and are looking for work — the private sector can help them get back on their feet by hiring locally for the length of recovery, which will support the local economy for at least the next six months," he said in a statement."

I know, maybe some nice, cheap prison labor. How's that sound, scared lily-white retirees living on a fixed income? You good with that? A little public/private partnership ought to take care of things. Once they're done, put them right back in their place (prison).
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:22 am Ironic that a state with leadership so hostile to immigrtants is now dependant on them to "fix" it. Of course, their will be no gratitude or appreciation for the slaves used to reconstruct "paradise"...

"Experts say immigrants are much more likely to be victims of labor exploitation or suffer disproportionate economic devastation following a natural disaster.

"Not only are migrants the first to be affected by these extreme weather events, but they tend to be the first who try to rebuild," said Ariel Ruiz Soto, policy analyst with the Migration Policy Institute.

Immigrant workers from Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala historically comprise the backbone of the recovery workforce that flocks to regions hit by natural disasters, he added. They helped to rebuild New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and Houston after Hurricane Harvey in 2017."

And sure, DeSatan, contractors are going to hire locally... Going to have the geriatric labor force tackle that cleanup and restoration?

So, DeSatan, put your (taxpayer's) money where your big, fat, sanctimonious mouth is and crack down on illegal immigrant labor. Conduct random and comprehensive I-9 checks with immediate consequences for individuals or companies found to be in violation. Let's see how that impacts rebuilding.

"On Tuesday, DeSantis said at a news conference that three of four people arrested last week for "ransacking" communities following Hurricane Ian were illegal immigrants who should be immediately deported.

"Many Floridians in Southwest Florida have had their businesses and livelihoods impacted by the storm and are looking for work — the private sector can help them get back on their feet by hiring locally for the length of recovery, which will support the local economy for at least the next six months," he said in a statement."

I know, maybe some nice, cheap prison labor. How's that sound, scared lily-white retirees living on a fixed income? You good with that? A little public/private partnership ought to take care of things. Once they're done, put them right back in their place (prison).
Funny parallel. Was at this Ga Tech football game and in field with a Women’s BB player as my FIL has endowed a couple of athletics schollies there. Was chatting with this kid who was a golfer from South Africa, nice kid, but about how I wanted to go there and hadn’t been to sub Saharan Africa at all yet. Told him of course I’m only familiar with Johannesburg, the bank Investec and of course Sun City. And he goes “hey you know about Sun City, that’s awesome, a beautiful place.” He’s 21 so not around for do they know it’s Christmas but he was talking it up and I had to mention I was only familiar because of its history.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:30 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:22 am Ironic that a state with leadership so hostile to immigrtants is now dependant on them to "fix" it. Of course, their will be no gratitude or appreciation for the slaves used to reconstruct "paradise"...

Funny parallel. Was at this Ga Tech football game and in field with a Women’s BB player as my FIL has endowed a couple of athletics schollies there. Was chatting with this kid who was a golfer from South Africa, nice kid, but about how I wanted to go there and hadn’t been to sub Saharan Africa at all yet. Told him of course I’m only familiar with Johannesburg, the bank Investec and of course Sun City. And he goes “hey you know about Sun City, that’s awesome, a beautiful place.” He’s 21 so not around for do they know it’s Christmas but he was talking it up and I had to mention I was only familiar because of its history.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:35 am

I’ve never seen that, my sister had Sun city record in black with some of that imagery. The 80s really had some terrific style!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:42 am

I’ve never seen that, my sister had Sun city record in black with some of that imagery. The 80s really had some terrific style!
I didn’t know what Apartheid was until a lacrosse teammate mentioned it to me in college. He was wearing sone rubber rings on his wrist and I asked him what they were….he told me he was wearing them to protest “Apartheid” in South Africa… I asked what was that? and he explained it and gave me one of his rubber rings. Good dude. Sat with him and his dad at a lacrosse banquet back in 2019 before Covid hit. Brother a college head coach.

As an aside, my wife went to South Africa in 2018. She managed to meet up with a friend of ours from graduate school. He was a year ahead but of me in my MBA program…incredibly, he knew two kids that went to my undergrad. One was killed in South Africa when his taxi was ambushed. Not sure what became of the other. LinkedIn is incredible. I had not spoken to my friend in 20 years. Hit him up on LinkedIn….was talking to him the next day about college hoops like it had just been yesterday….I haven’t been to Africa but we have another graduate school friend in Nairobi. I want to go there.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:08 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:42 am

I didn’t know what Apartheid was until a lacrosse teammate mentioned it to me in college. He was wearing sone rubber rings on his wrist and I asked him what they were….he told me he was wearing them to protest “Apartheid” in South Africa… I asked what was that? and he explained it and gave me one of his rubber rings. Good dude. Sat with him and his dad at a lacrosse banquet back in 2019 before Covid hit. Brother a college head coach.

As an aside, my wife went to South Africa in 2018. She managed to meet up with a friend of ours from graduate school. He was a year ahead but of me in my MBA program…incredibly, he knew two kids that went to my undergrad. One was killed in South Africa when his taxi was ambushed. Not sure what became of the other. LinkedIn is incredible. I had not spoken to my friend in 20 years. Hit him up on LinkedIn….was talking to him the next day about college hoops like it had just been yesterday….I haven’t been to Africa but we have another graduate school friend in Nairobi. I want to go there.
Let’s go in one of those underground lion hunts in Zimbabwe!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From my Twitter feed a bit ago:
Mark Joseph Stern
@mjs_DC

Texas law enforcement has certified that the migrants whom Ron DeSantis trafficked to Martha's Vineyard are victims of a crime—potentially qualifying them for a U-visa, which would allow them to stay in the U.S. for four years and apply for a green card in three years.
Quoting:
https://t.co/mKZEjqlHTW

I am not sure that was DeSantis' intent...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The immigrants are getting their visas.
The left is getting to help them.
And Desantis was able to get rid of them.

Sounds to me like everyone got EXACTLY what they wanted?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:56 pm The immigrants are getting their visas.
The left is getting to help them.
And Desantis was able to get rid of them.

Sounds to me like everyone got EXACTLY what they wanted?
Yup. And you left out the employers getting their crew.....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:05 pm From my Twitter feed a bit ago:
Mark Joseph Stern
@mjs_DC

Texas law enforcement has certified that the migrants whom Ron DeSantis trafficked to Martha's Vineyard are victims of a crime—potentially qualifying them for a U-visa, which would allow them to stay in the U.S. for four years and apply for a green card in three years.
Quoting:
https://t.co/mKZEjqlHTW

I am not sure that was DeSantis' intent...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://media.zenfs.com/en/video.cbssan ... 4e4446e132

I've heard that this David DePape character is an illegal immigrant from Canada who entered the US in 2001 or 2002 when traitor Bush was in the White Wash House. If true then it's proof that we need a wall between ourselves and Canada since whites are the biggest terrorist threats in this world.

Everybody agrees, right?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:06 pm Image
https://media.zenfs.com/en/video.cbssan ... 4e4446e132

I've heard that this David DePape character is an illegal immigrant from Canada who entered the US in 2001 or 2002 when traitor Bush was in the White Wash House. If true then it's proof that we need a wall between ourselves and Canada since whites are the biggest terrorist threats in this world.

Everybody agrees, right?
100%.
Now go get Canada to pay for it.

Return to “POLITICS”