Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:32 pm :lol: So I suppose its all settled, b/c according to Kismet there is an affidavit, we should just question nothing.

I've saw the affidavit and it still does not explain why Pelosi chose not to stay in the bathroom. Furthermore, why would Pelosi go after the guy with the hammer when the friggen police are coming in the very door that he just opened for them.

c. While talking with each other, Pelosi went into a bathroom, where Pelosi grabbed
a phone to call 9-1-1. DEPAPE stated he felt like Pelosi’s actions compelled him
to respond

e. DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived
and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it. Pelosi grabbed onto
DEPAPE’s hammer, which was in DEPAPE’s hand. At this point in the
interview, DEPAPE repeated that DEPAPE did not plan to surrender and that he
would go “through” Pelosi.

f. DEPAPE stated that he pulled the hammer away from Pelosi and swung the
hammer towards Pelosi. DEPAPE explained that Pelosi’s actions resulted in
Pelosi “taking the punishment instead.”
Do you even know if the bathroom had a lock on the door? Do you really want to second guess someone in this situation?

Is it lost upon you that an 82 YO man was knocked unconscious in his home by an intruder?

To say nothing that your silly questions are not applicable to charging the law in this case.

Or are you just interested in busting balls? :oops:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:32 pm :lol: So I suppose its all settled, b/c according to Kismet there is an affidavit, we should just question nothing.

I've saw the affidavit and it still does not explain why Pelosi chose not to stay in the bathroom. Furthermore, why would Pelosi go after the guy with the hammer when the friggen police are coming in the very door that he just opened for them.

c. While talking with each other, Pelosi went into a bathroom, where Pelosi grabbed
a phone to call 9-1-1. DEPAPE stated he felt like Pelosi’s actions compelled him
to respond

e. DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived

Do you even know if the bathroom had a lock on the door? Do you really want to second guess someone in this situation?

Is it lost upon you that an 82 YO man was knocked unconscious in his home by an intruder?

To say nothing that your silly questions are not applicable to charging the law in this case.

MAGA find assaults on senior citizens funny, unless they sit on the SCOTUS...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

to respond

He doesn’t mean anything by that line of questioning. Just honest questions.

♠️
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:33 pm Feds just announced charges for assault and attempted kidnapping of the Speaker (even though she wasn't home) and assault of a family member of a federal official.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... -rcna54802

there is a link to a PDF of the actual affidavit detailing the charges, evidence and mirandized interview so you Sherlocks can stop spitballing here now. :oops:
Why is there specific law/charge “assault of a family member of a federal official”? I understand why there might be some unique risk but why wouldn’t the aspect of who the assault was perpetrated on be more of a sentencing allocation than a separate crime? This dude is going away no Matter what and should. Just separate issue that bothers me, feels like creating a separat class of citizen by having a specific type of person the assault victim was.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

to respond

Does a lock on the door matter? Have an older tape of Jim Carroll and he tells a story about veal and the day the President was shot.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:11 pm

to respond

MAGA find assaults on senior citizens funny, unless they sit on the SCOTUS...
I mean this was pretty dope!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPS2zQL_uSs
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

I won't post in too many threads here at Fanlax, but this thread on Musk intrigues me for obvious reasons.

I find it extraordinary that folks come calling for Musk's head when its obvious they don't really know his story (other than what perhaps their favored media organs grind out for them day to day). Someone said he is a sociopath. Really?

Before anyone accuses me of having zero self-awareness of Musk's faults, believe me I can just as easily tell you his frailties (which we all have) as well as his accomplishments.

I note for the Musk haters a lesson. And this is a relatively recent phenomenon, which I think should inform you how history will similarly remember Elon Musk: that's the story of Steve Jobs. Jobs was significantly less popular inside his company than Musk has ever been...many Apple employees literally hated Jobs. The same cannot be said about Musk. The vast majority of Tesla, Boring, and Space-X employees swear by Elon Musk.

And like Jobs, Musk is casually accused (in a snarky way) by his enemies of not being responsible for his company's products: HE'S NOT AN ENGINEER, they say. Does that point (to the extent it's even accurate...it's not, in both men's cases) even matter at all? These companies are changing the world, with one man's vision steering the way.

Today, ten years or so after his death, Steve Jobs is recalled as a benevolent genius, responsible for changing the entire trajectory of technology. His wife carries on a legacy of philanthropy in his name. His personal legacy grows brighter every day he is dead.

The Musk hatred is undeserved, uninformed, and unwise. He likes free speech; is that really an issue with folks?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:16 am I won't post in too many threads here at Fanlax, but this thread on Musk intrigues me for obvious reasons.

I find it extraordinary that folks come calling for Musk's head when its obvious they don't really know his story (other than what perhaps their favored media organs grind out for them day to day). Someone said he is a sociopath. Really?

Before anyone accuses me of having zero self-awareness of Musk's faults, believe me I can just as easily tell you his frailties (which we all have) as well as his accomplishments.

I note for the Musk haters a lesson. And this is a relatively recent phenomenon, which I think should inform you how history will similarly remember Elon Musk: that's the story of Steve Jobs. Jobs was significantly less popular inside his company than Musk has ever been...many Apple employees literally hated Jobs. The same cannot be said about Musk. The vast majority of Tesla, Boring, and Space-X employees swear by Elon Musk.

And like Jobs, Musk is casually accused (in a snarky way) by his enemies of not being responsible for his company's products: HE'S NOT AN ENGINEER, they say. Does that point (to the extent it's even accurate...it's not, in both men's cases) even matter at all? These companies are changing the world, with one man's vision steering the way.

Today, ten years or so after his death, Steve Jobs is recalled as a benevolent genius, responsible for changing the entire trajectory of technology. His wife carries on a legacy of philanthropy in his name. His personal legacy grows brighter every day he is dead.

The Musk hatred is undeserved, uninformed, and unwise. He likes free speech; is that really an issue with folks?
... back with the bullsh*t hey KellyAnne. :lol: :lol: He is another con artist, and clearly has you fooled. He is in it for himself pure and simple. He has seen what your boy Trump got away with and he is trying his hand at it. He figures he is smarter than Orange Duce, and he is, so playing Trump's fools should be easy for him, or so he thinks. Initial evidence seems like he has made a good bet.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
elonmuskrockefeller

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:02 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:16 am I won't post in too many threads here at Fanlax, but this thread on Musk intrigues me for obvious reasons.

... back with the bullsh*t hey KellyAnne. :lol: :lol: He is another con artist, and clearly has you fooled. He is in it for himself pure and simple. He has seen what your boy Trump got away with and he is trying his hand at it. He figures he is smarter than Orange Duce, and he is, so playing Trump's fools should be easy for him, or so he thinks. Initial evidence seems like he has made a good bet.

:roll:

The collective value of all of Musk's companies, past and present, is over $1 Trillion. There are well over a million shareholders. There are dozens of banks. There are over 200,000 employees. There are hundreds of bondholders.

Musk is not a con artist.

What a lazy and dangerous comment.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

An article was posted by one of those (former) employees who knew Musk well...I read it and in response to someone asking what it said, I used the word the writer had used: sociopath.

What does being a sociopath mean?
Overview. Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental disorder in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others.

We know that Musk has Asperger's (which is now reclassified as autism spectrum disorder), which has some features in the difficulties of perceiving the feelings of others. To be clear, this doesn't mean that those with this challenge are sociopaths or psychopaths. They may or may not, just like everyone else.

What is alarming about Musk in particular is his at least seeming disregard for the feelings of others, the damage one can do others by saying things hurtful or damaging...and seemingly little regard for truth...indeed, a seeming predilection for damaging conspiracy theories...under the guise of "free speech". There's way, way too much history of his doing so to be not taken seriously as such.

IF he indeed has little or no regard for the feelings of others or the truth, and now has the power through this huge social media platform to increase the spread of hurtful misinformation, the only important response we (the USA) should be having is to how to restrict that spread through regulation. Consequences need to be clear, because reliance on his goodwill will not suffice.

Musk clearly understands the benefits of marketing 'social goods' as such and enjoys the rewards for doing so, and so he needs to also understand the consequences of marketing 'social harm'. He needs to not be rewarded for the harm, in the guise of a 'social good' (he and the gullible attempt) of "free speech".

I don't think is is actually a "Musk problem", rather, the 'social harm' is endemic industry-wide when unregulated. These are externalities that need to be regulated in a capitalist society in order for that capitalist society to be at its most productive.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:27 pm

The collective value of all of Musk's companies, past and present, is over $1 Trillion. There are well over a million shareholders. There are dozens of banks. There are over 200,000 employees. There are hundreds of bondholders.

... the truth is only dangerous to your narrative.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:35 pm

And free speech is only dangerous to yours.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
elonmuskrockefeller

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:33 pm

An article was posted by one of those (former) employees who knew Musk well...I read it and in response to someone asking what it said, I used the word the writer had used: sociopath.

Overview. Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental disorder in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others.

We know that Musk has Asperger's (which is now reclassified as autism spectrum disorder), which has some features in the difficulties of perceiving the feelings of others. To be clear, this doesn't mean that those with this challenge are sociopaths or psychopaths. They may or may not, just like everyone else.

What is alarming about Musk in particular is his at least seeming disregard for the feelings of others, the damage one can do others by saying things hurtful or damaging...and seemingly little regard for truth...indeed, a seeming predilection for damaging conspiracy theories...under the guise of "free speech". There's way, way too much history of his doing so to be not taken seriously as such.

IF he indeed has little or no regard for the feelings of others or the truth, and now has the power through this huge social media platform to increase the spread of hurtful misinformation, the only important response we (the USA) should be having is to how to restrict that spread through regulation. Consequences need to be clear, because reliance on his goodwill will not suffice.

Musk clearly understands the benefits of marketing 'social goods' as such and enjoys the rewards for doing so, and so he needs to also understand the consequences of marketing 'social harm'. He needs to not be rewarded for the harm, in the guise of a 'social good' (he and the gullible attempt) of "free speech".

I don't think is is actually a "Musk problem", rather, the 'social harm' is endemic industry-wide when unregulated. These are externalities that need to be regulated in a capitalist society in order for that capitalist society to be at its most productive.

That's a very dangerous thing to say, and I don't think you quite understand the effects.

Just yesterday we saw an incredible story in The Intercept detailing exactly how the federal government's DHS and its Orwellian "Disinformation Governance Board", without any legal authority whatsoever, sought to control social media information.

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/31/soc ... ation-dhs/

This is simply a stunning betrayal of American rights and Democrats should pay at the ballot box as a result.

Everyone on the Internet assumes they know best what's fact and what's fiction, what's information and what's misinformation, when really the only thing ever that clarifies truth is freedom of expression, even when you hate it. To the extent you think otherwise, you reveal yourself as having zero trust in your fellow Americans and the very basic laws and evolution of both truth and science.

You should really think twice before posting something like you did; it's a slippery slope indeed to far worse outcomes, unless I am mistaking what you intended to say.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

mmm, "free speech".

What specifically makes this comment "dangerous"?

What difference does it make how much money his companies are valued at, etc, etc, in the question of whether he is a 'con artist'...cannot someone be an incredibly successful 'con artist'...heck, one achieved the Presidency...pretty darn 'successful'...but a grifter nevertheless.

Personally, I think Musk has proven to be a quite successful entrepreneur and indeed his various enterprises have delivered substantial innovations to the public good. Doesn't mean that he's not got some grift in him (but, hey, sometimes an entrepreneur needs to push the envelope in getting the resources necessary to take risk) but I see his issues much more as a matter of huge ego potentially vulnerable to huge hubris.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:47 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:35 pm

And free speech is only dangerous to yours.
... more bullsh*t. You clowns have no claim to owning free speech, like it is something special to you. Your constant whine that tech companies and liberals, etc. are limiting your free speech is laughable. I see almost no limit on what you guys say, how loud you say it, how offensive you can be. YOU ARE CRYBABIES, that is all!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:48 pm

That's a very dangerous thing to say, and I don't think you quite understand the effects.

Just yesterday we saw an incredible story in The Intercept detailing exactly how the federal government's DHS and its Orwellian "Disinformation Governance Board", without any legal authority whatsoever, sought to control social media information.

This is simply a stunning betrayal of American rights and Democrats should pay at the ballot box as a result.

Everyone on the Internet assumes they know best what's fact and what's fiction, what's information and what's misinformation, when really the only thing ever that clarifies truth is freedom of expression, even when you hate it. To the extent you think otherwise, you reveal yourself as having zero trust in your fellow Americans and the very basic laws and evolution of both truth and science.

You should really think twice before posting something like you did; it's a slippery slope indeed to far worse outcomes, unless I am mistaking what you intended to say.
We entirely disagree.

I want social media companies as well as whoever utilizes them to spread misinformation to be financially (and in some instances criminally) responsible for the consequences of their misinformation.

Ala slander or false advertising of drugs, etc one should be liable for untrue statements that hurt others.

There are people, companies, etc who are profiting enormously by the spread of provably false information. Indeed, they know it to be false or are negligent in their disregard for the truth.

Does it need to be proved as such in court...yes.
Can people/companies defend themselves in court...sure.

But liable.

Same as pollution.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:16 pm

We entirely disagree.

I want social media companies as well as whoever utilizes them to spread misinformation to be financially (and in some instances criminally) responsible for the consequences of their misinformation.

Ala slander or false advertising of drugs, etc one should be liable for untrue statements that hurt others.

There are people, companies, etc who are profiting enormously by the spread of provably false information. Indeed, they know it to be false or are negligent in their disregard for the truth.

But liable.

Same as pollution.
+1
elonmuskrockefeller

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:10 pm

mmm, "free speech".

What difference does it make how much money his companies are valued at, etc, etc, in the question of whether he is a 'con artist'...cannot someone be an incredibly successful 'con artist'...heck, one achieved the Presidency...pretty darn 'successful'...but a grifter nevertheless.

Personally, I think Musk has proven to be a quite successful entrepreneur and indeed his various enterprises have delivered substantial innovations to the public good. Doesn't mean that he's not got some grift in him (but, hey, sometimes an entrepreneur needs to push the envelope in getting the resources necessary to take risk) but I see his issues much more as a matter of huge ego potentially vulnerable to huge hubris.

The answer to your question is the Lincoln quote: You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

You can't seriously think this guy is a "con artist". No one ever conned themselves to such success over such an extended period of time.

The hyperbole of your comment is what's dangerous to me. Wouldn't it be far easier to simply say that you do not care for Musk's personal foibles (which is fair), rather than make a patently dubious comment like "he's a con artist"?
elonmuskrockefeller

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:16 pm

We entirely disagree.

But liable.

Same as pollution.

Very dangerous assumptions built into your moral stance here. When a 'Trump-like' figure re-appears on scene, do you want to be the target of HIS 'Disinformation Board'? I don't.

Just because you dislike a guy like Musk today does not entitle you to run roughshod over a few hundred years of fundamental American rights of speech. It simply doesn't.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:10 pm

mmm, "free speech".

The answer to your question is the Lincoln quote: You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

You can't seriously think this guy is a "con artist". No one ever conned themselves to such success over such an extended period of time.

The hyperbole of your comment is what's dangerous to me. Wouldn't it be far easier to simply say that you do not care for Musk's personal foibles (which is fair), rather than make a patently dubious comment like "he's a con artist"?
I provided the nuance that I think is appropriate.

Return to “POLITICS”