Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:29 pm
That's good, but I'd like to also see repudiation of the notion that these defendants actually knew that voting was illegal for them, and yet chose to break the law...the penalties for such a mistake are ridiculous.

Up one notch from such a mistake is a relative who sends in a vote for a relative thinking that's what they wanted...not ok, definitely need a consequence so that others won't be tempted, but this is really, really small fry stuff at worst.

Another notch up is to do so because they actually want to take a vote that wouldn't have been cast, or would have been cast for the opponent, and reverse it...or to phony "test" the system (pain in tookus and costly).

But the firepower should be on full bore for any large scale effort to reverse votes, cast phony votes, or intimidate voters...Exponentially more serious.

Extremely rare, but if/when it happens throw the book at all involved.
Based on viewing the video of the "arrests" it is so clear multiple of these individuals were entrapped. These were people who were told by State of Florida officials that they could vote. The guys who set them up need to spend some time in a cell with Bubba. Some Florida official(s) knew what was going on.

For those you want to direct "firepower" at, I would prefer they spend time in a cell with Bubba as well. ;)
I'm good with that outcome.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:29 pm
That's good, but I'd like to also see repudiation of the notion that these defendants actually knew that voting was illegal for them, and yet chose to break the law...the penalties for such a mistake are ridiculous.

Up one notch from such a mistake is a relative who sends in a vote for a relative thinking that's what they wanted...not ok, definitely need a consequence so that others won't be tempted, but this is really, really small fry stuff at worst.

Another notch up is to do so because they actually want to take a vote that wouldn't have been cast, or would have been cast for the opponent, and reverse it...or to phony "test" the system (pain in tookus and costly).

But the firepower should be on full bore for any large scale effort to reverse votes, cast phony votes, or intimidate voters...Exponentially more serious.

Extremely rare, but if/when it happens throw the book at all involved.
Based on viewing the video of the "arrests" it is so clear multiple of these individuals were entrapped. These were people who were told by State of Florida officials that they could vote. The guys who set them up need to spend some time in a cell with Bubba. Some Florida official(s) knew what was going on.

For those you want to direct "firepower" at, I would prefer they spend time in a cell with Bubba as well. ;)
Will have no shortage of natural floss to work with
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He’s completely overreaching because of the echo chamber he’s viewing his corridor in. Between the going to get immigrants in Texas not in florida to send to cape cod and this. He’s going to blow himself up nationally. Let him keep rocking.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:34 am
He’s completely overreaching because of the echo chamber he’s viewing his corridor in. Between the going to get immigrants in Texas not in florida to send to cape cod and this. He’s going to blow himself up nationally. Let him keep rocking.
Yup.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The idea that interest earned is free money is so dumb as to defy any belief Desantis is intelligent or a massive liar who really does need to be here accountable. Money has a cost. Period. Every time a person talks about spending that’s what they mean.

He stole from taxpayers and citizens to put on a pathetic and lame attempt at Kabuki Theater.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:13 am Darn judges and laws:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/26/us/desan ... index.html
Re: this and the previously mentioned "election police" scam, unfortunately we've got a substantial number of Americans who think these two solutions, whether legal or not, are going to go to DeSantis' defense the minute he plays the card (and he will) that he's being a victim only trying to protect America. Heil DeSantis! Heil Trump!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bandito

Post by Bandito »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:15 pm Florida man dies from stupidity. :roll:
Ron DeSantis is up by double digits in polls against Crist. It is over. DeSantis will continue to be the greatest governor in this country.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:15 pm Florida man dies from stupidity. :roll:
“Ron Smith, an experienced rider, was killed on Aug. 20 after he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed into a utility trailer. His girlfriend, Brenda Volpe, was his passenger and also died.

"He was a guy that you went to for advice," Gary Pruss told the Tampa Bay Times.“

Advice on what? What not to do?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Petey is back...
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:57 pm Petey is back...
Have you accepted our Lord and Savior Ron Desantis into your heart? The Best Governor™ in all of space and time?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:44 pm
Have you accepted our Lord and Savior Ron Desantis into your heart? The Best Governor™ in all of space and time?
FTR, Kathy Hochul is running for governor of NYS claiming the unofficial title of best governor ever. How many "best governors " are we allowed to have??? I do know that governor Hochul has a brilliant white Cheshire Cat smile... It is amazing what teeth whitening can do. If the power goes out all Gov. Hochul has to do is show those pearly whites. She could light up half of NYS with her smile...
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:38 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:44 pm
FTR, Kathy Hochul is running for governor of NYS claiming the unofficial title of best governor ever. How many "best governors " are we allowed to have??? I do know that governor Hochul has a brilliant white Cheshire Cat smile... It is amazing what teeth whitening can do. If the power goes out all Gov. Hochul has to do is show those pearly whites. She could light up half of NYS with her smile...
And she has the audacity to wear PANTS! What is this world coming to?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Paradise is down 9000 teachers and likely to lose more. With the teacher shortage effecting pretty much every state, there are lots of states and school districts that don't have Paradise's disincentive to be a public school teacher. Many that beat Paradise's average teacher salary as well.

A recent Education Week article provides more details.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Return to “POLITICS”