2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:30 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:50 am Schumer sweating Georgia: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 4f51e381f2
HRC...sheeee's baaaack and talking about fraud once again: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d2591df820
Not equivalent, and not even close on any number of levels and at any order of magnitude. Have you thought about why it is important to you, though, to try to equate Clinton's occasional comments with a pre-election drumbeat, a post-election attempted coup, and the ensuing years of attempting to destabilize the country, create distrust in elections, and recruit election deniers as candidates?
Oh...I've thought about it, plenty, the point, is both sides blame one another for election shenanigan's. But you seem far too dug in, like an alabama tick, to even realize the team you adore and love, can do no wrong.
I'm puzzled as to why you think, from this comment or any other by seacoaster, that this would apply to him: "to even realize the team you adore and love, can do no wrong."

It's pretty clear that he has a nuanced perspective, including a willingness to be critical of Dems as warranted.

I'm also wondering whether you are saying that both parties try to point fingers at one another as if you agree that the claims are equivalent...or are you just commenting that parties try to muddy the waters by doing so, often to distract from a more serious issue? A pretense, a "squirrel"? (the latter is indeed the case, IMO).

And how do you see this specific example...do you agree or disagree with seacoaster's assessment that these are "not even close on any number of levels and at any order of magnitude"?

I do.

It's why I agree with Cheney that those who put country over party need to vote for Dems when election deniers, coup participants and coup supporters are on the ballot, embraced by the GOP as a whole.

IMO, the GOP needs to lose as a party, ignominiously, if there is to be any hope for a return to sanity.

We don't need to like the Dems, we can be irritated with some of their leaders, we can not like some of their policies, but they need to be supported over the MAGA GOP.

When/if the GOP comes to their senses and reforms, or there is an alternative Conservative party to support, then that's when we can return to voting for someone other than the Dems. Personally, I hope that's soon, and Utah might be a small test, but it's likely to take a while.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Folks patrolling ballot drop boxes with tactical gear and guns. The Speaker's husband attacked at his home with a hammer by a man asking "Where's Nancy." But sure, Democrats occasionally whining about voter suppression and gerrymandering and foreign influence in elections is equivalent.

Constantly making excuses via false equivalent whataboutism just allows this stuff to increase and accelerate. Republicans who are not part of the weird cult need to act in opposition to this sort of stuff, or it is absolutely bound to worsen.

If I were to make a video montage of snippets of the election denying by Trump and his minions and followers, I'd need days and days of tape. Respectfully, YA, you are part of the problem at this point.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:07 pm Folks patrolling ballot drop boxes with tactical gear and guns. The Speaker's husband attacked at his home with a hammer by a man asking "Where's Nancy." But sure, Democrats occasionally whining about voter suppression and gerrymandering and foreign influence in elections is equivalent.

Constantly making excuses via false equivalent whataboutism just allows this stuff to increase and accelerate. Republicans who are not part of the weird cult need to act in opposition to this sort of stuff, or it is absolutely bound to worsen.

If I were to make a video montage of snippets of the election denying by Trump and his minions and followers, I'd need days and days of tape. Respectfully, YA, you are part of the problem at this point.
Point of order counselor. There is no need to single out YA. We are ALL a part of this problem. Too bad no one on this forum is willing to step up and take responsibility and admit their own responsibility. The easy answer is ... ITS THE OTHER PARTIES FAULT... Sure it is... :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:50 am Schumer sweating Georgia: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 4f51e381f2
HRC...sheeee's baaaack and talking about fraud once again: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d2591df820
Not equivalent, and not even close on any number of levels and at any order of magnitude. Have you thought about why it is important to you, though, to try to equate Clinton's occasional comments with a pre-election drumbeat, a post-election attempted coup, and the ensuing years of attempting to destabilize the country, create distrust in elections, and recruit election deniers as candidates?
Oh...I've thought about it, plenty, the point, is both sides blame one another for election shenanigan's. But you seem far too dug in, like an alabama tick, to even realize the team you adore and love, can do no wrong.
My team does plenty I don't love or appreciate. But that doesn't prevent me from understanding that my team remains committed to basic democratic norms, like respect for elections. And if it was simply Clinton as sour-puss loser and Trump as sour-puss loser, that might be fine. But it's not; Trump has led an entire political party, literally en masse, to take a position that is contrary and corrosive to democracy, just because he lost (while down ballot the rest of his party did very well). Making distinctions is what humans are expected to do. Horses grazing in a field don't. And to you I say, I guess, giddyup.
You wanna ride shotgun or you happy on your pony, eight minutes your party doing exactly what the r's did in the last election. Thanks for the precedent. :lol: :lol:

... you really believe there is an equivalence here?? Do you remember when democratic protestors stormed the capitol on January 6th and threatened the law makers holding meetings inside the capitol. Yeah, me neither. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:37 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:07 pm Folks patrolling ballot drop boxes with tactical gear and guns. The Speaker's husband attacked at his home with a hammer by a man asking "Where's Nancy." But sure, Democrats occasionally whining about voter suppression and gerrymandering and foreign influence in elections is equivalent.

Point of order counselor. There is no need to single out YA. We are ALL a part of this problem. Too bad no one on this forum is willing to step up and take responsibility and admit their own responsibility. The easy answer is ... ITS THE OTHER PARTIES FAULT... Sure it is... :roll:
I've called it out across the board. This sh*t is DANGEROUS, and it's inexcusable for our leaders to play games with voting.

They're calling into question the very thing that holds our country together. Reckless doesn't come close to defining this behavior. I hate it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:40 pm
My team does plenty I don't love or appreciate. But that doesn't prevent me from understanding that my team remains committed to basic democratic norms, like respect for elections. And if it was simply Clinton as sour-puss loser and Trump as sour-puss loser, that might be fine. But it's not; Trump has led an entire political party, literally en masse, to take a position that is contrary and corrosive to democracy, just because he lost (while down ballot the rest of his party did very well). Making distinctions is what humans are expected to do. Horses grazing in a field don't. And to you I say, I guess, giddyup.
You wanna ride shotgun or you happy on your pony, eight minutes your party doing exactly what the r's did in the last election. Thanks for the precedent. :lol: :lol:

... you really believe there is an equivalence here?? Do you remember when democratic protestors stormed the capitol on January 6th and threatened the law makers holding meetings inside the capitol. Yeah, me neither. :roll:
My singular point, was highlighted in bold in the prior post....you all simply ignore that BOTH SIDES have successfully eroded confidence in our election process. And the result is what took place on 6jan.....to ignore that both sides have contributed is just obtuse.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I’m not ignoring it. But the idea that there is equivalence between the two major parties on this issue is just ludicrous.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What led to that moment? It all started with Trump saying the elections would likely be rigged and stolen. Planting the seed.

Now Hillary is saying the Supreme Court is going to steal the next election.

For what ends? Will the left storm the Supreme Court? Or will they "just" push the agenda of changing the entire makeup of the Supreme Court?

The left got outhustled for those Supreme Court Seats. So their best bet is to change the rules and pack the court. It's really their only play. They just need another reason to target the SCOTUS.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:37 pm

I've called it out across the board. This sh*t is DANGEROUS, and it's inexcusable for our leaders to play games with voting.

They're calling into question the very thing that holds our country together. Reckless doesn't come close to defining this behavior. I hate it.
+1 your point is spot on. The priority for both parties has taken the Al Davis approach of " just win baby"
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So it looks like the Pelosi husband beating was politically motivated. Right wing nut job, Qanon supporter being charged after claiming he was looking for Nancy.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:52 pm

My singular point, was highlighted in bold in the prior post....you all simply ignore that BOTH SIDES have successfully eroded confidence in our election process. And the result is what took place on 6jan.....to ignore that both sides have contributed is just obtuse.
... the democrats are pikers compared to the republiCONs when it comes to this kind of stuff.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:52 pm

“you all simply ignore that BOTH SIDES have successfully eroded confidence in our election process. And the result is what took place on 6jan”

So, which “side” beats more responsibility?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:04 pm So it looks like the Pelosi husband beating was politically motivated. Right wing nut job, Qanon supporter being charged after claiming he was looking for Nancy.
Shocking.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:11 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:04 pm So it looks like the Pelosi husband beating was politically motivated. Right wing nut job, Qanon supporter being charged after claiming he was looking for Nancy.
Shocking.
Dude apparently had a love for being a nudist. Most neocons don't exactly fit that bill. IMO there is a whole lot more about this pinhead that needs to be known. IMO it sounds like the dude has some serious mental issues.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:16 pm
Shocking.
Dude apparently had a love for being a nudist. Most neocons don't exactly fit that bill. IMO there is a whole lot more about this pinhead that needs to be known. IMO it sounds like the dude has some serious mental issues.
... sounds like a republiCON. :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:20 pm
Shocking.
The Trump kind.....a democrat in disguise. :lol: ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Shocking.
I can't think of many Republicans that have a hankering for wandering around on the beach naked. I'm pretty certain if Trump ever espoused nudism he would create an environment of people that would rip their eyeballs out of their sockets. The vision of Trump dancing naked on the beach at Mara Lago would not be a pretty sight.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:35 pm
Shocking.
... you mean the kind that resides in the republiCON party today that will believe any old sh*t.

Paul Pelosi had a fractured skull and some cuts and bruises on other parts of his body. Expected to make full recovery according to CNN's Gupta.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:35 pm
Shocking.
... you mean the kind that resides in the republiCON party today that will believe any old sh*t.

Paul Pelosi had a fractured skull and some cuts and bruises on other parts of his body. Expected to make full recovery according to CNN's Gupta.
Maybe the same sort of lunatic the Democrats dragged out to shoot up a baseball game. Let me guess, that was different. I wonder how the dumbass didn't know that Nancy was in DC? Too bad Nancy's hubby didn't have a firearm. He could have shot him in the head before he tried to beat him to death with a hammer. On a side note, how does a lunatic like this gain access to the Pelosi estate to begin with?
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:44 pm
Shocking.
I can't think of many Republicans that have a hankering for wandering around on the beach naked. I'm pretty certain if Trump ever espoused nudism he would create an environment of people that would rip their eyeballs out of their sockets. The vision of Trump dancing naked on the beach at Mara Lago would not be a pretty sight.
Might be some sightings of Queequeg.

Return to “POLITICS”