Georgetown 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: Georgetown 2023

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Atticus wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:35 pm Not to mention the fact that several Hoya players currently attend McDonough … School of Business. 😁
Ahhh, a fair point...so, we'll give GU fans a temporary 'pass'... ;)

McDonogh's had a terrific lax program for past 20 years or so. Great school.
Should be a good pipeline for GU. Good fit.

My son and I went to Gilman, archival of McDonogh...I'd been a 'traitor' choosing Gilman over McDonogh, my dad's school...he was later on their BD of Trustees...devoted to the school. Despite rivalry, I've always had a soft spot for the Eagles, lots of friends. Happy to say I never lost to them in lax, wrestling, football or X-country (senior year) for 4 years...heck, I'm pretty sure we didn't lose any sports contest to them in my senior year! My son had a similar experience in his more recent tenure, though I think they lost in football at least one of his 4 years. More recently, McD's had the better of Gilman. GU has two Gilman players on the team currently, I believe.

McD's had a terrific lax program for past 20 years or so. Great school.
Should be a good pipeline for GU. Good fit.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

A four star D/LSM commitment from MA:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

GU is putting together a solid 2024 class.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Zach Geddes HS. Nice pipeline developing out of Belmont and Massachusetts overall.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:10 am Not a perfect way to judge but game vs alumni this weekend should give a glimpse.
How'd they look? Granted it's incredibly early, but any insight on who is playing where?
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

@HoyasMLacrosse
adds one of the most physically-imposing ‘24 attackmen as NLF No. 118 Zach Chari (
@thunderlacrosse
) commits.

6-2, 215-pounder helped
@McCallieLax
to a state title this spring. Powerful and strong, Chari’s also got deceptively good feet.
https://twitter.com/natlaxfed/status/15 ... 5711798274
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

rolldodge wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:09 am
@HoyasMLacrosse
adds one of the most physically-imposing ‘24 attackmen as NLF No. 118 Zach Chari (
@thunderlacrosse
) commits.

6-2, 215-pounder helped
@McCallieLax
to a state title this spring. Powerful and strong, Chari’s also got deceptively good feet.
6'2" 215 lb (as a high school junior) attackman that can move like this could be a game changer. Kind of makes me think that if he wasn't coming out of Tennessee he'd be higher up in the rankings.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2022/10/21/c ... ach-chari/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

rolldodge wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:57 pm
@HoyasMLacrosse
@thunderlacrosse
) commits.

6-2, 215-pounder helped
@McCallieLax
6'2" 215 lb (as a high school junior) attackman that can move like this could be a game changer. Kind of makes me think that if he wasn't coming out of Tennessee he'd be higher up in the rankings.

McCallie has built up strong private athletics ofer the years. You’ll see that school increasingly id suspect. Probably asheville school start popping up as well.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:40 pm
rolldodge wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:57 pm
@HoyasMLacrosse
@thunderlacrosse
) commits.

6-2, 215-pounder helped
@McCallieLax

McCallie has built up strong private athletics ofer the years. You’ll see that school increasingly id suspect. Probably asheville school start popping up as well.
Very interesting. Thanks!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK

Post by HGK »

Amen. They will have Hess focus on offense!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Georgetown Tops IL's 2022 Top 10 Transfer Class Rankings

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ings/60336
HGK

Post by HGK »

Have to find the right mix to turn this into a 2 midfield line team. We have lacked that for 3 years or more. Who will be the Trippi/Petkovich slashers, who will play attack from the grad transfers? Will be interesting to see how Warne and staff set that up. Lots of firepower here plus underclassmen like Wray and others should allow for midfield and attack to be deep however it plays out. Goalie is a high class problem with two very strong keepers after McElroy graduation. Haley at X, Face-off and close D seem set. SSDM need to find a third if Hess plays more offense. Poles will need another player or two to add depth.

Let’s go Hoyas!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:23 pm Have to find the right mix to turn this into a 2 midfield line team. We have lacked that for 3 years or more. Who will be the Trippi/Petkovich slashers, who will play attack from the grad transfers? Will be interesting to see how Warne and staff set that up. Lots of firepower here plus underclassmen like Wray and others should allow for midfield and attack to be deep however it plays out. Goalie is a high class problem with two very strong keepers after McElroy graduation. Haley at X, Face-off and close D seem set. SSDM need to find a third if Hess plays more offense. Poles will need another player or two to add depth.

Let’s go Hoyas!
There's a glut of "starting attackman" on this team now, which is unusual for Georgetown and the kind of problem you are happy to have.

I keep going back and forth on this, but now I wonder if Dordevic will play midfield.

Attack would be Haley, Minicus, and either Kelly or Salomon. Which of these two is more suited to midfield?
1st Midfield Bundy, Dordevic, and McDermott.
2nd Midfield Hess, Kelly/Salomon, and an underclassman like Wray.

Or do you move someone like McDermott to anchor the second midfield and have a more off-ball attackman round out the third spot on 1st?

Thats a lot of talent to juggle and will probably take some time to find the best mix. And that's not even including some dark horse underclass talent that could breakout.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

rolldodge wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:23 am
HGK wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:23 pm Have to find the right mix to turn this into a 2 midfield line team. We have lacked that for 3 years or more. Who will be the Trippi/Petkovich slashers, who will play attack from the grad transfers? Will be interesting to see how Warne and staff set that up. Lots of firepower here plus underclassmen like Wray and others should allow for midfield and attack to be deep however it plays out. Goalie is a high class problem with two very strong keepers after McElroy graduation. Haley at X, Face-off and close D seem set. SSDM need to find a third if Hess plays more offense. Poles will need another player or two to add depth.

Let’s go Hoyas!
There's a glut of "starting attackman" on this team now, which is unusual for Georgetown and the kind of problem you are happy to have.

I keep going back and forth on this, but now I wonder if Dordevic will play midfield.

Attack would be Haley, Minicus, and either Kelly or Salomon. Which of these two is more suited to midfield?

Or do you move someone like McDermott to anchor the second midfield and have a more off-ball attackman round out the third spot on 1st?

Thats a lot of talent to juggle and will probably take some time to find the best mix. And that's not even including some dark horse underclass talent that could breakout.
I personally tend to think of Dordevic as a north/south dodger so he sees like a midfielder to me.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Let’s go Hoyas!

I think a midfield with Bundy and Dordevic is the way to go. Who gets the pole in this alignment? I do not think that double poling the midfield and playing a short stick on an attack of Haley/Minicus and Kelly/Solomon would work either. That attack is too mobile for that to work. And hopefully, Haley will have a healthy year.

I can also see Hess on the second midfield with one of the NC transfers and an underclassman. Or Hess in a lineup where he gets the SSDM and inverts. But in all, there should be an abundance of depth and versatility that allows matchup advantages depending upon opponent and situation.

On defense the key will be depth at midfield and LSM. Hopefully GU can find a third SSDM from the returnees or an incoming middie. The incoming class has a strong midfield group and perhaps GU can develop one of these guys into a solid defender. And finally, I hope that GU can give decent time to a back up FO guy, to keep Reilly fresh and minimize bangs and bruises.

I hope that the coaches and program master the expectations and develop the mental toughness to break through in the postseason. This may be the biggest challenge this year.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

https://youtu.be/3lFG1ps3wak

Hello fellow GTOWN lax lovers, found this cool vid for those who have an appreciation for natural remedies to real world issues. Team looks good, they should watch this video to gain some inspiration. Nervous they will lose a game or two though, that would stink. Cheers! :mrgreen:
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Does Hincks have 1 or 2 years of eligibility?
HGK

Post by HGK »

One year
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Jldlax wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:06 am

Let’s go Hoyas!

I think a midfield with Bundy and Dordevic is the way to go. Who gets the pole in this alignment? I do not think that double poling the midfield and playing a short stick on an attack of Haley/Minicus and Kelly/Solomon would work either. That attack is too mobile for that to work. And hopefully, Haley will have a healthy year.

I can also see Hess on the second midfield with one of the NC transfers and an underclassman. Or Hess in a lineup where he gets the SSDM and inverts. But in all, there should be an abundance of depth and versatility that allows matchup advantages depending upon opponent and situation.

On defense the key will be depth at midfield and LSM. Hopefully GU can find a third SSDM from the returnees or an incoming middie. The incoming class has a strong midfield group and perhaps GU can develop one of these guys into a solid defender. And finally, I hope that GU can give decent time to a back up FO guy, to keep Reilly fresh and minimize bangs and bruises.

I hope that the coaches and program master the expectations and develop the mental toughness to break through in the postseason. This may be the biggest challenge this year.

So many offensive possibilities with this group.

If Dordevic does play attack, I see could see something like:

A: Haley, Minicus, Dordevic
M1: Bundy, McDermott, Wray
M2: Kelly, Salomon, Hess

At attack this gives you two guys who can break down the defense, a stretch shooter, and a distributor.

At midfield, you have two groups of guys (Bundy/McDermott and Kelly/Salomon) that have played 3 to 4 years together on the same lines.

Presumably, they could also just put there best 6 guys out there and slot them differently each game depending on matchups.

Who knows? Wish we'd been able to see more this fall, but really looking forward to how this all plays out.

Good points on midfield D, FO, and postseason preparation.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Roll dodge - Presumably, they could also just put there best 6 guys out there and slot them differently each game depending on matchups.

I totally agree with this. Hoyas will have two strong midfields, which is a blessing, but in settled situations the mix will probably change given matchups they want to try and exploit.

Given no fall matchups other than the alumni game, the X factor of freshman and rising upperclass boys for poles, ssdm and midfield options will be fun to see unfold in January and early Feb scrimmages.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”