2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:05 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:47 pm I don't have the link but Joe Bidens dart board made an interesting observation in her daily presser.

When axed a question about voter supression in Georgia relating to record early voter turnout... this is not a line out of a SNL skit... Voter supression is directly correlated to the impressive number of increased voting... :?: :?: :?: The news makes more sense if you read it real slow as was said by Dave Ross...
KJP is a bad spokesperson on this issue, given her over the top hyperbole in 2018.

That said, it is correct that voter suppression efforts (targeted at some voters) can be happening while record turnout (of other voters) overwhelms such efforts in the total count.

There may well be voters who have had to navigate unnecessarily difficult steps in order to vote, some even so discouraged that they don't vote, while at the same time many other voters have an easier time and/or feel so adamantly about the election that they overcome obstacles.

The point of voter suppression isn't to suppress the total turnout, just to make it harder for the opposing side to vote than one's own...in the hope that the differential matters enough when the vote is close.

Right now, though, if the Dems do well, and turnout is strong in the purportedly negatively targeted communities, then I'd say that was because they felt SO strongly and were SO well organized in the turnout effort that it beat the suppression efforts. Doesn't mean that there weren't suppression efforts.

That said, Georgia's voter suppression efforts were way less than in some other states.

Would that be the case if Abrams et al hadn't put a big spotlight on the issue? We'll never know.
(But the Kemp and Raffensberger rejection of the election denial nut jobs suggest they're not in the worst camp).

We do know that some other states are much worse.
You make some good points
It is a painful process for any dartboard to try and explain. No matter how you parse it trying to explain record early voter turnout when the party was
whining about voter suppression takes some fancy footwork. I give you props for attempting to rationalize it. In the end as I have said all along the people of Georgia will decide. On a side note Mr Walkers opponent is not exactly the most upstanding person in the world. A legit argument could be made that neither individual is qualified to represent the state of Georgia.
Incorrect on Warnock. Don’t buy into the attack ads. Yeah he had a unfixable marriage but he is a good man. Seriously don’t make that mistake.

It is NOT a legit argument. I assure you. Fallacious and incorrect.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:47 pm I don't have the link but Joe Bidens dart board made an interesting observation in her daily presser.

When axed a question about voter supression in Georgia relating to record early voter turnout... this is not a line out of a SNL skit... Voter supression is directly correlated to the impressive number of increased voting... :?: :?: :?: The news makes more sense if you read it real slow as was said by Dave Ross...
KJP is a bad spokesperson on this issue, given her over the top hyperbole in 2018.

That said, it is correct that voter suppression efforts (targeted at some voters) can be happening while record turnout (of other voters) overwhelms such efforts in the total count.

There may well be voters who have had to navigate unnecessarily difficult steps in order to vote, some even so discouraged that they don't vote, while at the same time many other voters have an easier time and/or feel so adamantly about the election that they overcome obstacles.

The point of voter suppression isn't to suppress the total turnout, just to make it harder for the opposing side to vote than one's own...in the hope that the differential matters enough when the vote is close.

Right now, though, if the Dems do well, and turnout is strong in the purportedly negatively targeted communities, then I'd say that was because they felt SO strongly and were SO well organized in the turnout effort that it beat the suppression efforts. Doesn't mean that there weren't suppression efforts.

That said, Georgia's voter suppression efforts were way less than in some other states.

Would that be the case if Abrams et al hadn't put a big spotlight on the issue? We'll never know.
(But the Kemp and Raffensberger rejection of the election denial nut jobs suggest they're not in the worst camp).

It is a painful process for any dartboard to try and explain. No matter how you parse it trying to explain record early voter turnout when the party was
whining about voter suppression takes some fancy footwork. I give you props for attempting to rationalize it. In the end as I have said all along the people of Georgia will decide. On a side note Mr Walkers opponent is not exactly the most upstanding person in the world. A legit argument could be made that neither individual is qualified to represent the state of Georgia.
Nonsense.
It's not remotely equivalent.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:37 pm
Bandito wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:24 pm No surprise there is no chatter on this thread about the Debate Debacles by Democrats Wednesday night. Why so quiet? Is it because Democrats are doomed on 11/8?

Fetterman was utterly destroyed by Dr. Oz. Like completely obliterated. It was so bad, Fetterman makes Biden look like a Rhodes Scholar! An exit poll by a local news station showed Oz won the debate 83% to 17%. This has to be the biggest failure of a debate that I can remember, and I remember how bad Biden was vs Trump. There is no way anyone with a functional brain can vote for this clown. No surprise he is a Democrat. He should step down from the race. He is obviously is not physically able to perform the duties of a sitting US Senator. He also wants to put convicted murderers back on the streets. Has he not seen what Philly looks like lately? Polls and betting markets are showing Oz pulling ahead of this giant oooof and I foresee a win for Oz.

Hochul vs Zeldin: By all accounts, Zeldin won the debate and hopefully the governors race. Hochul is so out of touch with the voters in NY. They are worried about the skyrocketing crime and horrid state of a Democrat led economy. NY should never be this close given the braindead liberal zombies in NYC and the bustling (more like dying) upstate cities. Yet she kept harping about abortion. Killing babies is sadly and satanically legal in the state and is not a major issue in the state. She will lose. Zeldin is the right choice for NY.

Kari Lake is up big on Katie Hobbs in AZ. Why is she so afraid to debate? Hobbs is a laughingstock.

Republicans will easily take the House, likely take the Senate and win many governors races, just a few weeks ago was thought to be impossible.

That of course unless the fix is in like it was in 2020. Good riddance to such a horrid political party.
Fettermans performance was beyond terrible. I read something awhile ago that the D game plan was if Fetterman won he would step down and allow the governor to name a new senator. I think that would be a prudent move. By all accounts Fetterman lost any chance of winning last night.
I don't think that's remotely the plan, but if a Dem inclined voter in this cycle was worried about his capacities, the very likely Dem in the Gov's office would indeed be in place to appoint someone else if Fetterman doesn't continue to improve and feel good about his representation.

If I was a surrogate, I might even make that point in the press.

Right now, they're going to pound really hard on Oz's abortion gaffe, confirming the worst suspicions. That'll outweigh Fetterman's capacity to deal with things on his feet...he'll be a relaible vote for choice and all the other issues of keeping government out of people''s bedrooms. Of course, some people may prefer a slime ball. Indeed, a lot of people...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Re Colorado (not my state) this certainly appears to suggest that there are surveillance cameras on all drop boxes in Colorado. Dunno if required by law, but certainly sound practice, right? https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/d ... oxes-vote/

They also go through quite a process of maintaining bi=partisan chain of custody and all sorts of rigorous process to verify its a properly executed ballot from a verified voter with no duplicates.

ggait, who is from Colorado, has written about all this.
The studies all say Colo has the best voting system in the country bar none. Second highest voter turnout out in the country in 2020 after Minnesota. Highest percentage of eligible voters registered to vote.

Virtually all ballots go out by mail. 94% returned by mail or drop box in 2020. Strong majority of those were by drop box. Drop boxes are recognized as the best, most convenient and most secure way to vote. 400 drop boxes statewide, all open 24/7 and video surveilled. I'm allowed to use any one of them, not just the one in my neighborhood precinct.

I got an email telling me my ballot in this election was in the mail. Another telling me my vote had been received shortly after I drop boxed it. Got another today saying my ballot had been counted. If there was a problem with my ballot, I would have been notified to come in and cure the issue.

Voting and democracy are actually quite simple when you don't have fascist partisans rat forking around with the system.

I mean no one (Dem, Rep, Indy) claimed the elections were rigged when whack job Lauren Boebert was elected out here. Which is a totaly crazy outcome. But not fraudulent. Only pathetic a-holes claim the elections they lost were rigged. None of us, as parents, would tolerate such sore loser behavior from our kids. Checkers isn't rigged, Johnny. You just lost. And now off to your room for flipping the board over.

Since our election system is stellar, secure and beyond claims of fraud, we Coloradoans have free time to devote to more important and realistic issues. Like where exactly is Bigfoot?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:54 pm
Bandito wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:24 pm No surprise there is no chatter on this thread about the Debate Debacles by Democrats Wednesday night. Why so quiet? Is it because Democrats are doomed on 11/8?

Fetterman was utterly destroyed by Dr. Oz. Like completely obliterated. It was so bad, Fetterman makes Biden look like a Rhodes Scholar! An exit poll by a local news station showed Oz won the debate 83% to 17%. This has to be the biggest failure of a debate that I can remember, and I remember how bad Biden was vs Trump. There is no way anyone with a functional brain can vote for this clown. No surprise he is a Democrat. He should step down from the race. He is obviously is not physically able to perform the duties of a sitting US Senator. He also wants to put convicted murderers back on the streets. Has he not seen what Philly looks like lately? Polls and betting markets are showing Oz pulling ahead of this giant oooof and I foresee a win for Oz.

Hochul vs Zeldin: By all accounts, Zeldin won the debate and hopefully the governors race. Hochul is so out of touch with the voters in NY. They are worried about the skyrocketing crime and horrid state of a Democrat led economy. NY should never be this close given the braindead liberal zombies in NYC and the bustling (more like dying) upstate cities. Yet she kept harping about abortion. Killing babies is sadly and satanically legal in the state and is not a major issue in the state. She will lose. Zeldin is the right choice for NY.

Kari Lake is up big on Katie Hobbs in AZ. Why is she so afraid to debate? Hobbs is a laughingstock.

Republicans will easily take the House, likely take the Senate and win many governors races, just a few weeks ago was thought to be impossible.

That of course unless the fix is in like it was in 2020. Good riddance to such a horrid political party.
Fettermans performance was beyond terrible. I read something awhile ago that the D game plan was if Fetterman won he would step down and allow the governor to name a new senator. I think that would be a prudent move. By all accounts Fetterman lost any chance of winning last night.
I don't think that's remotely the plan, but if a Dem inclined voter in this cycle was worried about his capacities, the very likely Dem in the Gov's office would indeed be in place to appoint someone else if Fetterman doesn't continue to improve and feel good about his representation.

Right now, they're going to pound really hard on Oz's abortion gaffe, confirming the worst suspicions. That'll outweigh Fetterman's capacity to deal with things on his feet...he'll be a relaible vote for choice and all the other issues of keeping government out of people''s bedrooms. Of course, some people may prefer a slime ball. Indeed, a lot of people...
So in your opinion Oz is in the "slime ball" category?? In your opinion does Fetterman chasing down the black jogger and holding him with a loaded shotgun pointed at him sound like a rational decision that you would make? I know exactly what I would do in that situation.. I would call 911 and let the police sort it out. The only explanation from Fetterman reads like a novel from SE Hinton... That was then, this is now... :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:42 pm

Incorrect on Warnock. Don’t buy into the attack ads. Yeah he had a unfixable marriage but he is a good man. Seriously don’t make that mistake.

You are a Georgia resident. I respect your opinion. I only know what is being put forth about the man. I have said this all along, you folks that live in Georgia will decide in a couple of weeks. Unless I'm reading things wrong there is no voter suppression in Georgia. When there is record turnout for early voting that sorta makes voter suppression a moot point.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This is the same argument as the people made about that nasty black chick who’ll be president when Biden steps down recycled and as stupid as it sounds.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:56 am

So in your opinion Oz is in the "slime ball" category?? In your opinion does Fetterman chasing down the black jogger and holding him with a loaded shotgun pointed at him sound like a rational decision that you would make? I know exactly what I would do in that situation.. I would call 911 and let the police sort it out. The only explanation from Fetterman reads like a novel from SE Hinton... That was then, this is now... :roll:
You’d get shot. End of story.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:48 am

You are a Georgia resident. I respect your opinion. I only know what is being put forth about the man. I have said this all along, you folks that live in Georgia will decide in a couple of weeks. Unless I'm reading things wrong there is no voter suppression in Georgia. When there is record turnout for early voting that sorta makes voter suppression a moot point.
Well there’s efforts at suppression for sure and it will impact some but I’d say it’s relatively small and the overall citizenry of the state, driven by the Atlanta MSA, is doing a solid job fighting those suppression efforts off. Wouldn’t use any absolutes though, it’s being attempted and probably has some impact but absent a razor thin result it shouldn’t affect the outcome it appears from what I’m seeing.

If it’s super tight result then it might be fair game to discuss.

MTG isn’t representative of the whole state, I’ve even seen old white folks around rural, basically Alabama east on border w Centre, who don’t understand how she’s got a seat. And apparently I learned recently it was a well known secret she has been boning her gym trainer instead of her husband for a long time. From a guy who’s old money Georgia and grandfather ran a rural bank for years. Dude who likes sports cards, watches, cigars and went to W&L-hes hooked into all the inside stuff so you can bank that as a fact.

BTW, do I detect an effort to communicate with a new disposition a little lately? Or is this a bait and switch?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yes, Oz is a slime ball, a disgusting grifter...do better homework.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:08 am

Copy that, so what is your opinion of Fetterman?? Does the chasing down the black jogger and pointing a shotgun at him bother you at all?? I'll repeat your own advice to me.. do better homework... In less than 2 weeks the people of Pennsylvania will make their decision. Will you respect that decision???
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:02 am

Well there’s efforts at suppression for sure and it will impact some but I’d say it’s relatively small and the overall citizenry of the state, driven by the Atlanta MSA, is doing a solid job fighting those suppression efforts off. Wouldn’t use any absolutes though, it’s being attempted and probably has some impact but absent a razor thin result it shouldn’t affect the outcome it appears from what I’m seeing.

MTG isn’t representative of the whole state, I’ve even seen old white folks around rural, basically Alabama east on border w Centre, who don’t understand how she’s got a seat. And apparently I learned recently it was a well known secret she has been boning her gym trainer instead of her husband for a long time. From a guy who’s old money Georgia and grandfather ran a rural bank for years. Dude who likes sports cards, watches, cigars and went to W&L-hes hooked into all the inside stuff so you can bank that as a fact.

BTW, do I detect an effort to communicate with a new disposition a little lately? Or is this a bait and switch?
You have pretty damn good intuition FFG. I took a brief break recently and re - evaluated my outlook on life. I hope it is no bait and switch. I decided to make a concerted effort to keep my personal feelings to myself. IMO when I have the ability to do so I become a more productive contributor on this forum. I do offer a full apology to those folks I was so rude to a few weeks back. That is not who I want to be. I do have certain defects of character that take over my emotions at times. That being said I will never back down from my support and admiration for OS. This is a bit of a tangent but I'm hopeful some folks on this forum had the honor and privilege of having 2 Bad Knees as a friend. He was a remarkable person and as I believe a retired Army major. Out of the blue he sent me a PM about certain things I witnessed as a soldier that bothered me. I only wish I had his wisdom years ago. He was in my mind a remarkable man who had rare wisdom and insight. I miss him still very much. If Frau Knees is still out there I hope she reads this and understand how much some of us who never knew her husband deeply loved the man...
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:38 am

Copy that, so what is your opinion of Fetterman?? Does the chasing down the black jogger and pointing a shotgun at him bother you at all?? I'll repeat your own advice to me.. do better homework... In less than 2 weeks the people of Pennsylvania will make their decision. Will you respect that decision???
"respect" as in not claim that the election was stolen through Venezuelan or Italian software or ..., yeah, I'll respect the election integrity unless a court says otherwise based on actual evidence.

But no, I won't "respect" Oz.

Of course what people have done in their life concerns me.
How they handle those mistakes is what matters most, though, when looking forward.

I'm not an avid fan of Fetterman, not my state, but I do know that Oz is pure slime ball and I don't want to see him in the Senate. I also don't want the Senate to flip to MAGA control. House being overrun by MAGA is bad enough, but if Senate as well, it'll be a total sh-tshow. Not good for the country.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:

"respect" as in not claim that the election was stolen through Venezuelan or Italian software or ..., yeah, I'll respect the election integrity unless a court says otherwise based on actual evidence.

How they handle those mistakes is what matters most, though, when looking forward.

I'm not an avid fan of Fetterman, not my state, but I do know that Oz is pure slime ball and I don't want to see him in the Senate. I also don't want the Senate to flip to MAGA control. House being overrun by MAGA is bad enough, but if Senate as well, it'll be a total sh-tshow. Not good for the country.
It is a tough call for the residents of Pennsylvania. I honestly don't know that much about Oz outside of his TV persona. I'm not certain about how you put a person in the sleazeball category. My criteria would have started with HRC at the top of my list of sleazeballs her former friend, some guy named trump is next on my list of sleazeballs.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote:

It is a tough call for the residents of Pennsylvania. I honestly don't know that much about Oz outside of his TV persona. I'm not certain about how you put a person in the sleazeball category. My criteria would have started with HRC at the top of my list of sleazeballs her former friend, some guy named trump is next on my list of sleazeballs.
No, it's not a close call:

I didn't put him at the top of the list, but profiting off of phony baloney medical 'cures' sold to the gullible and/or desperate certainly makes the list.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -a-doctor/

https://www.businessinsider.com/medical ... nts-2022-8

https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/new-low-dr-oz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_c ... r._Oz_Show

https://www.businessinsider.com/dr-oz-f ... rus-2020-4
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:05 am

You have pretty damn good intuition FFG. I took a brief break recently and re - evaluated my outlook on life. I hope it is no bait and switch. I decided to make a concerted effort to keep my personal feelings to myself. IMO when I have the ability to do so I become a more productive contributor on this forum. I do offer a full apology to those folks I was so rude to a few weeks back. That is not who I want to be. I do have certain defects of character that take over my emotions at times. That being said I will never back down from my support and admiration for OS. This is a bit of a tangent but I'm hopeful some folks on this forum had the honor and privilege of having 2 Bad Knees as a friend. He was a remarkable person and as I believe a retired Army major. Out of the blue he sent me a PM about certain things I witnessed as a soldier that bothered me. I only wish I had his wisdom years ago. He was in my mind a remarkable man who had rare wisdom and insight. I miss him still very much. If Frau Knees is still out there I hope she reads this and understand how much some of us who never knew her husband deeply loved the man...
Not that it matters but that is great to hear to me and happy for you. Whether you care about my opinion or not, I applaud it.

Next step, read a little deeper, ask questions work to think about things from perspectives outside your own personal and localized experience. I promise it'll be rewarding.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We're all flawed - part of the human condition
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Good for you!!!!!!!
Here is wishing success in your new venture. 8-)

2BK was a keeper as they say. Retired US Army artillery officer. Multilingual (at least five language likely more).
Expert and consultant (used to share some game theory on World war).
Co-Proprietor of the Acme Undersea Submarine Screen Door Company along with his spouse Frau Knees.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Warnock is an evil and vile human who tried to kill his ex wife with his car. He supports killing babies the moment of birth and is a huge racist. He hates white people. He is a rubber stamp for the Biden regime which has turned our country into a laughingstock.

He’s such a good person he even failed to pay child support and is a fake Reverend. Georgians will put him out to the unemployment line on Nov 8.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Return to “POLITICS”