Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:15 pm They are not illegal until they are adjudicated in terms of the current dust up. They are immigrants seeking asylum and entitled to do what they are doing. Calling them illegal is disparaging and playing to the base. In order to have constructive dialogue there has to be agreement in facts and proper terminology
True for asylum seekers. What about the rest of the estimated 11-23 million undocumented non-citizens in the US without current visas ?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:12 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:15 pm They are not illegal until they are adjudicated in terms of the current dust up. They are immigrants seeking asylum and entitled to do what they are doing. Calling them illegal is disparaging and playing to the base. In order to have constructive dialogue there has to be agreement in facts and proper terminology
True for asylum seekers. What about the rest of the estimated 11-23 million undocumented non-citizens in the US without current visas ?
Civil penalty

8 U.S. Code § 1325. Improper entry by alien
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

CU77 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:12 amI can't get my head around the notion of a legislative body actually writing a law the specifically benefits a group of people who (by the intentional language of the law) have broken the law.
If we are going to deny scholarships to the children of illegal immigrants, why not deny them also to the children of other criminals?

If one of your parents ever committed a crime, no scholarship for you!

How about the crime of hiring an illegal immigrant? The vast majority of illegals are here working ordinary low-paying jobs. And without those job opportunities, they would not be here. So why is hiring them not a crime that gets prosecuted? Why should the children of those handing out jobs to illegals not be barred from scholarships?

But no, those of you who are going to scream about children of illegals being eligible for scholarships are perfectly happy to have an illegal-employing criminal as your President. And you are perfectly happy to have his children be paid salaries by your tax dollars.
I am ALL FOR E-Verify or whatever system we can put in place that will jail the PEOPLE that hire illegals. It is the one solution that will work, and the one that neither side is willing to discuss, because they don't want to fix the problem.

You keep saying CHILDREN? Are these funds allocated to child prodigies? Or are they going to fully grown adult 18 year olds?

I am not heartless. I just can't stand hypocrites and manipulators who screw with people's lives to make a buck - you know...politicians.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:12 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Civil penalty

8 U.S. Code § 1325. Improper entry by alien
https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us ... gally.html correct they call it improper entry but it is still crime. It seems the terminology on this issue is what is bothering some folks. You call em illegal aliens and some folks will have a cow. I had to think about it and improper entry sounds just like one of those terms the a politically correct moron would use. You broke our countries law as your first act on gaining entry. You also want to be a good American. Good Americans obey the law. Unless those laws are not to your liking. What laws are you willing to abide by as an illegal living in this country? The ones you agree with or the ones you ignore that you don't like. :?:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Steaming pile. Selection bias and historical illiteracy. Call me when you decide to apply that standard to everyone on obeying the law. Start withTrump. Not productive and ignores the reality of the the facts on the ground.

I suggest you not start throwing around the word moron,
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:30 pm Steaming pile. Selection bias and historical illiteracy. Call me when you decide to apply that standard to everyone on obeying the law. Start withTrump. Not productive and ignores the reality of the the facts on the ground.

Thanks! Never thought of it that way, but I get it now. All laws are equal. I’m on a slippery slope. I sometimes drive over the speed limit. I’m on my way to robbing a bank, or worse. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:30 pm Steaming pile. Selection bias and historical illiteracy. Call me when you decide to apply that standard to everyone on obeying the law. Start withTrump. Not productive and ignores the reality of the the facts on the ground.

So then why do my wife and I even have to bother to shell out our money to renew our passports? We can't leave the USA on an international flight without them. We sure as hell can't enter the country without them. When I start to toss the word moron around dumbasses such as yourself are on the top of the list. When was the last time you crossed the peace bridge from Niagara Falls into the good old US of A. Go try and do it without a United States passport. I double dog dare you numbnuts. If you are an illegal alien( I hope I didn't offend your sensitivities) You think those customs cops at the bridge are going to let you in? Go give it a try and get back to us. Let us all know how that works out for you. When it comes to people such as yourself... well moron is the perfect description. I am more than happy to roll with that... :D
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I was suggesting you not use it because it demos what a stupid f*** you are. The rest of your rant is irrelevant.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Hey gents, maybe take it easy with the personal attacks? Let's not make our host do any more than a minimal amount of work to keep this forum going, eh?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:17 am I was suggesting you not use it because it demos what a stupid f*** you are. The rest of your rant is irrelevant.
Those are the kindest words you could have spoken to me. I can relate to blunt honesty. At least you didn't try and bore me with an MD Lax morality lecture. You may think that my rant was irrelevant but you didn't have the balls to refute it. If we are going to use your brain damaged methodology... why do we even need passports... numbnuts? :P Your telling us that YOUR solution is to let everybody in and don't disparage them by referring to them as being "illegal" And I'm the dumb f**k in this equation? Look in the mirror mapleleaf if you want to see a real dumbf**k. :lol: BTW, the wife and I have to go to the Town of Irondequoit next week to renew our passports. 220 and dollars plus 10 dollars each for new photos. My only question now is why those weeds at USA customs at the peace bridge demand I prove I am an American citizen to get into my country? By your logic... why should it matter?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:23 pm Hey gents, maybe take it easy with the personal attacks? Let's not make our host do any more than a minimal amount of work to keep this forum going, eh?
I get your point a Fan. I have made my points and have been more than hostile enough. Never been very good at that turning the other cheek thing.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

An article about income disparity in the USA:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ea6b69dee5

Income inequality
Partisan Gerrymandering
Meaningful Access to good healthcare
Climate Change
Water resource allocation

Folks can keep mocking AOC and others for very short term political gain, but someone is going to need to start addressing these things.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:23 pm Hey gents, maybe take it easy with the personal attacks? Let's not make our host do any more than a minimal amount of work to keep this forum going, eh?
I get your point a Fan. I have made my points and have been more than hostile enough. Never been very good at that turning the other cheek thing.
...."it's ok to make a mistake it's what you do after that matters the most".
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 am
You are 100% correct. It has always been too easy for me to just speak my mind than to think about what I am saying. I do apologize to O Canada for my nasty tone. I don't say it to deliberatly insult him. I grew up around friends who related to each other in a manner most of you here probably did not. If I am really angry at someone I will ignore them and will not respond to them in any way. a Fan was spot on with his observation that we are guests here and should treat the people running this site as well as the people who post here with respect. I have done a very poor job of doing so and I hope I can do better. It is not something that comes easy for me. The folks here that I disagree with vehemently I still respect their point of view. In the case of Mr 72 I find myself disagreeing with him all day long. If I step back and look at the big picture, this very intelligent PhD is willing to debate with me and disagree with me. In my world there are not a lot of people of his esteem that I can debate with. I am grateful for this and I have no problem overlooking the fact the good doctor is wrong so very often. :P
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Reading a mention of Niagara Falls and crossing the border was interesting. I graduated from HS in Niagara Falls. I used to cross the bridge regularly. We had occasional fights with Canadians near the bridge. For s short time I rode along with the Road Vultures motorcycle club later to become the first Hells Angels chapter in NY if memory serves. Peace
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:43 am
foreverlax wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 am
You are 100% correct. It has always been too easy for me to just speak my mind than to think about what I am saying. I do apologize to O Canada for my nasty tone. I don't say it to deliberatly insult him. I grew up around friends who related to each other in a manner most of you here probably did not. If I am really angry at someone I will ignore them and will not respond to them in any way. a Fan was spot on with his observation that we are guests here and should treat the people running this site as well as the people who post here with respect. I have done a very poor job of doing so and I hope I can do better. It is not something that comes easy for me. The folks here that I disagree with vehemently I still respect their point of view. In the case of Mr 72 I find myself disagreeing with him all day long. If I step back and look at the big picture, this very intelligent PhD is willing to debate with me and disagree with me. In my world there are not a lot of people of his esteem that I can debate with. I am grateful for this and I have no problem overlooking the fact the good doctor is wrong so very often. :P
Well done!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 am Reading a mention of Niagara Falls and crossing the border was interesting. I graduated from HS in Niagara Falls. I used to cross the bridge regularly. We had occasional fights with Canadians near the bridge. For s short time I rode along with the Road Vultures motorcycle club later to become the first Hells Angels chapter in NY if memory serves. Peace
Illuminating background, OCanada!

Too many assumptions and generalizations get made about our fellow posters' life experiences. Thanks for sharing a bit of yours.

Back to "Progressive Ideology", I enjoyed Mayor Pete's formal announcement yesterday.
Freedom, Security, Democracy.

He's got a really interesting way of flipping the script.

I don't know whether an Afghanistan-vet, Harvard, Rhodes scholar, many language speaking (because he was curious about other cultures), McKinsey consultant, turnaround mayor in midwestern rust belt city, 37 year old married gay man can get elected in America today, but seems to me there's a lot to like about the possibility.

I suspect a lot of folks are chewing on how difficult it would be for Trump to go one on one with him.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am
OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 am Reading a mention of Niagara Falls and crossing the border was interesting. I graduated from HS in Niagara Falls. I used to cross the bridge regularly. We had occasional fights with Canadians near the bridge. For s short time I rode along with the Road Vultures motorcycle club later to become the first Hells Angels chapter in NY if memory serves. Peace
Illuminating background, OCanada!

Too many assumptions and generalizations get made about our fellow posters' life experiences. Thanks for sharing a bit of yours.

Back to "Progressive Ideology", I enjoyed Mayor Pete's formal announcement yesterday.
Freedom, Security, Democracy.

He's got a really interesting way of flipping the script.

I don't know whether an Afghanistan-vet, Harvard, Rhodes scholar, many language speaking (because he was curious about other cultures), McKinsey consultant, turnaround mayor in midwestern rust belt city, 37 year old married gay man can get elected in America today, but seems to me there's a lot to like about the possibility.

I suspect a lot of folks are chewing on how difficult it would be for Trump to go one on one with him.
Another democrat that thinks America "was never really that great." His exact words.

So far democrat platform planks are
Infanticide
Open Borders
Free Free free everything
Capitalism is terrible
and America was never great. Not ever.

Run on that. Thats enough.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It's hard to stay civil when someone posts such tripe. But this sort of mindless, ignorant trope is what's to be expected from someone that fully supports the useless sack of humanity that is our current DOPUS, speaking of a "total lack of policy".

Meanwhile, back in civil society, Mayor Pete displays tendencies towards Storytelling First. Policy Details Later.

Before Trumpists get a clue, their man may well be swamped by the simmering dislike most Americans feel for him and his "style".

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:44 am It's hard to stay civil when someone posts such tripe. But this sort of mindless, ignorant trope is what's to be expected from someone that fully supports the useless sack of humanity that is our current DOPUS, speaking of a "total lack of policy".

Meanwhile, back in civil society, Mayor Pete displays tendencies towards Storytelling First. Policy Details Later.

Before Trumpists get a clue, their man may well be swamped by the simmering dislike most Americans feel for him and his "style".

Democrats VOTED for those things and have voiced those exact sentiments. Once again RUN ON THOSE.

Return to “POLITICS”