D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
ohmilax34

Re: 2023 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by ohmilax34 »

I'll pick this morning.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:38 am I'll pick this morning.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

This was tough because there are a lot of players I'm considering, and I started weighing the IL Power 100 rankings and reports from fall, and that made it more complicated, plus the guys I kind of grew fond of while watching them play this spring and summer haven't made a big splash this fall in the reports I've read.

Dropping:
Aidan Olmstead Loyola A
Bobby Abshire Army M

Adding
1st Round: Chad Palumbo Princeton FR A
2nd Round: Matt Minicus Loyola FR A

Still a lot of good players left.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:10 am This was tough because there are a lot of players I'm considering, and I started weighing the IL Power 100 rankings and reports from fall, and that made it more complicated, plus the guys I kind of grew fond of while watching them play this spring and summer haven't made a big splash this fall in the reports I've read.

Dropping:
Aidan Olmstead Loyola A
Bobby Abshire Army M

Adding
2nd Round: Matt Minicus Loyola Fr A

Sniped on Minicus! Maybe I should have picked him first and Haley second...
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

PALax11 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:14 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:10 am This was tough because there are a lot of players I'm considering, and I started weighing the IL Power 100 rankings and reports from fall, and that made it more complicated, plus the guys I kind of grew fond of while watching them play this spring and summer haven't made a big splash this fall in the reports I've read.

Dropping:
Aidan Olmstead Loyola A
Bobby Abshire Army M

Adding

I'd been eyeing Palumbo for quite awhile. That pick was a little sentimental. I'm interested in TLD's opinion on him. Minicus was one that based on reports, then watching the Darien vs. St. Anthony's game, and I had a hard time talking myself out of that pick.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:10 am Adding
2nd Round: Matt Minicus Loyola FR A
Palumbo was a mistake. A big mistake. Basically, season over for ohmi...

22 2.2 PA Talk
23 2.3 DU-Fan
24 2.4 FCALax
25 2.5 NC Lax
26 2.6 HipandKneeDoc
27 2.7 Matnum PI
28 2.8 UK Lax
29 2.9 NJLaxx11
30 2,10 OCanada
31 2.11 Lax1
32 2.12 Typical Lax Dad
33 2.13 GCCLax
34 2.14 CalLaxDad
35 2.15 GenghiskhanBluejay
36 2.16 GreenieLax
37 2.17 Maddog
38 2.18 Keoni007
39 2.19 ChopSticks
40 2,20 Farfromgeneva
41 2.21 CalLaxDad
42 3.1 Farfromgeneva
Caddy Day
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

He is big but not the biggest A on the roster. Ohmi cut us a break. Speaks highly of his character
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

PALax11 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:14 am

Dropping:
Aidan Olmstead Loyola A
Bobby Abshire Army M

Adding

I liked Haley a lot too. Good size, and whenever I saw highlights of St. John's he was scoring in a lot of different ways. If you had picked Minicus, I would've seriously considered Haley.
Lax1

Post by Lax1 »

Love the Minicus pick - he was 6 on my board. I was really hoping he somehow fell to 31. Not as high on Palumbo honestly but we’ll see of course.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Will pick by tonight, maybe sooner. In and out of meetings this afternoon.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Sounds good. Let me know if you want me to auto-pick for you...
Caddy Day
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

James Matan Fr A/M UNC

https://youtu.be/sgBR3YwRnQk

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... t-gray-era

MARQUEE ADDITION: JAMES MATAN
The freshman is hardly the only newcomer who will make a difference for the Tar Heels, but he is one who is well-positioned to have a longer-lasting impact.

The Gonzaga Prep product from the Washington area has stood out in early fall practices and could lend some versatility in his first season.

“Matan’s been playing great for a freshman, and he’s 6-3 so he could play attack or midfield,” Breschi said

Drop Nick Cole Navy
Last edited by PALax11 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DU picking. FCA on deck.
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Meant to share this a day or two ago.

My son was doing independent research and comes to me the other day:

FFG the Legacy: Daddy, daddy! I found a midfielder I think we should pick. He plays for Georgetown and his name is Graham Bundy Jr! He’s even a Junior like me!

(OG) FFG (me): Nice. I’m familiar with him and will check but I bet he’s already on someone’s team. Theres a bunch or really smart knowledgeable lacrosse fans like you are becoming in our league so we have to come with our A game to this competition. Keep working hard!

Then…

FFGTL: OK, Daddy! If Bundy is gone there’s a guy named Sam Handley we should check into too!

Me: Great idea, I hope these other smart folks missed that player. Let’s just be prepared for somebody smart to have grabbed him too.

This league is accomplishing what I wanted already, even if I fubar it and we get rocked all year so thanks to all for letting us in.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:35 pm Meant to share this a day or two ago.

FFG the Legacy: Daddy, daddy! I found a midfielder I think we should pick. He plays for Georgetown and his name is Graham Bundy Jr! He’s even a Junior like me!

(OG) FFG (me): Nice. I’m familiar with him and will check but I bet he’s already on someone’s team. Theres a bunch or really smart knowledgeable lacrosse fans like you are becoming in our league so we have to come with our A game to this competition. Keep working hard!

Then…

FFGTL: OK, Daddy! If Bundy is gone there’s a guy named Sam Handley we should check into too!

Me: Great idea, I hope these other smart folks missed that player. Let’s just be prepared for somebody smart to have grabbed him too.

This league is accomplishing what I wanted already, even if I fubar it and we get rocked all year so thanks to all for letting us in.
If he likes computers, have him make a spreadsheet or database of all the players on fantasy teams.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:35 pm Graham Bundy Jr... Sam Handley...
That's pretty funny. Good for him. The kid wants to win! :)
Has he toured the website? This is the, so to speak, homepage: https://fanlax.com/fantasy-lacrosse-2/.
This is the All-FanLax teams: https://fanlax.com/2018/01/25/all-fanla ... 2004-2018/ The 2022 All-FanLax Team will be most helpful.
Oh, one more. The 2022 Leading scorers including the Undrafteds: https://fanlax.com/2021/12/06/2022-fant ... g-scorers/
Tell your boy... Undrafteds, Freshmen, and, only for this season... Villanova, Brown, Harvard.
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:35 pm Meant to share this a day or two ago.

Then…

If he likes computers, have him make a spreadsheet or database of all the players on fantasy teams.
He does but he’s a young ten now and every time I turn around the legit purpose is gone and he’s found some new video game to play so I have to limit computer time that’s not monitored still.

Working on a spreadsheet together of excess baseball cards from my father and my collection I’ve got now where I am teaching him business by letting him get a healthy split of anything I agree to sell which is mostly post 1982 cards, got a stack of Griffey Jr rookies or these Upper Deck foil rookies that they grade now and can add up to real money. But he’s got to do the research and leg work. (Debating as I’ve got two strong condition Bob Gibson rookies and a few other older dupes that really who needs two but I collected the old stuff closely with my dad as a kid so not ready to unload those even though it would allow him to learn some old school sports history in the process and those would move for decent numbers quick which would motivate him as he sees the cheddar roll in)

So maybe, it’s a good suggestion, I’m just struggling to manage my kids went time currently. They have tablets, school laptops and we have like five computers at the house and I don’t like playing corrections officer with my kids unless necessary.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:35 pm Graham Bundy Jr... Sam Handley...
That's pretty funny. Good for him. The kid wants to win! :)
Has he toured the website? This is the, so to speak, homepage: https://fanlax.com/fantasy-lacrosse-2/.
This is the All-FanLax teams: https://fanlax.com/2018/01/25/all-fanla ... 2004-2018/ The 2022 All-FanLax Team will be most helpful.
Oh, one more. The 2022 Leading scorers including the Undrafteds: https://fanlax.com/2021/12/06/2022-fant ... g-scorers/
Tell your boy... Undrafteds, Freshmen, and, only for this season... Villanova, Brown, Harvard.
He’s skipped around on his own so not sure what he’s seen as of now. Probably makes me a bad dad that I haven’t checked all his activities on the computer.

He’s picked two undeheralded FR that I think will slip through the radar and may be strong I’m holding down and expecting you guys to go “who”?

Figuring with King and Kavanaugh I’m in decent shape on those two alone to fill around at Attack so had him focusing on middies more for now
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:57 pm He’s picked two undeheralded FR that I think will slip through the radar and may be strong I’m holding down and expecting you guys to go “who”?
Doubtful...
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:57 pm He’s picked two undeheralded FR that I think will slip through the radar and may be strong I’m holding down and expecting you guys to go “who”?
Doubtful...
Challenge accepted

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”