2023 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: 2023 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by OCanada »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:08 pm
Uklax wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:08 pm Agree, him and spillana might actually make Syracuse a
Contender again
I dunno. SU's D was awful last season. That's the elephant in the room that SU seems to be trying to ignore. Or at least the masses seem to be ignoring.
Spallina is not Mikey Powell. He may be the #1 recruit. No disrespect intended.

One factor in why Desko is not there anymore is the approach he took to recruiting defensemen.

Syracuse is young and almost an entirely new team. It will take time to mesh.

A question in my mind is who can beat their man and force a slide or force the defense to shift. Who has the speed.

It can be argued the two players that will have the most impact are Dwan and the other top D recruit. Not to mention Simmons et al.

Just a couple of thoughts
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Uklax wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:08 pm Agree, him and spillana might actually make Syracuse a
Contender again
I dunno. SU's D was awful last season. That's the elephant in the room that SU seems to be trying to ignore. Or at least the masses seem to be ignoring.
Mark will be an upgrade. Not sure about FO.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:35 pm
Contender again

One factor in why Desko is not there anymore is the approach he took to recruiting defensemen.

A question in my mind is who can beat their man and force a slide or force the defense to shift. Who has the speed.

It can be argued the two players that will have the most impact are Dwan and the other top D recruit. Not to mention Simmons et al.

Do folks think Simmons is a bigger add than Kirst? And as I stated to Matnum, Mark is on the level of Hinks IMO.

https://www.nunesmagician.com/platform/ ... rom-portal
See Martin, Malcolm
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

I’m gonna pick:

Devon McLane, A, Brown
Drop: Chris Gray, A, UNC
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:59 pm Aiden Aitken Middie U of Maryland. Decided to play the long game.
Who you dropping?
We have to formally drop graduated players?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:43 pm We have to formally drop graduated players?
Yes. Especially with Covid. Tough to tell who actually graduated.

GCC takes: Charles Balsamo FR A Duke
Drops: Connor DeSimone GRAD A JHU
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:42 pm Devon McLane, A, Brown
SR, I believe.

Pick # Team -
1 1.1 Farfromgeneva Sam King SO A Harvard
2 1.2 ChopSticks Joey Spallina FR A Syracuse
3 1.3 Keoni007 Miles Botkiss SO A/M Harvard
4 1.4 Maddog Finn Thomson A/M FR Syracuse
5 1.5 GreenieLax Truitt Sunderland FR A/M UVA
6 1.6 GenghiskhanBluejay Michael Weisshaar FR M Towson
7 1.7 CalLaxDad Dom Pietramala FR A UNC
8 1.8 GCCLax Charles Balsamo FR A Duke
9 1.9 Typical Lax Dad Aidan Aitken FR M UMD
10 1,10 Lax1 Chris Lyons SO A Yale
11 1.11 OCanada Matt Collison FR A JHU
12 1.12 NJLaxx11 Devon McLane SR A Brown
13 1.13 UK Lax
14 1.14 Matnum PI
15 1.15 HipandKneeDoc
16 1.16 NC Lax
17 1.17 FCALax
18 1.18 DU-Fan
19 1.19 PA Talk
20 1,20 ohmilax34
21 2.1 ohmilax34
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Contender again

You may be right that their D will let them down but with the attack transfers and the new starters. If they can gel over fall they may just outscore everyone in the spring. Maybe…

I’m not a Syracuse fan so no vested interest in them doing well but a good Syracuse is often good for the sport just because they and JHU probs gather the bigger followings (outside of USA itself) because of past glories.

No final has ever stuck in my mind more than Syracuse vs Cornell and the ridiculous comeback
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:13 pm
PALax11 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:18 pm GCC catching up. Njlax picking. At 8:26PM UK can pick.
I sent NJ an e-mail. With UK's time zone issues, he may be delayed and... I'm after UK so, at the least, you can count on a pick by 8:26 PM EST on Sunday.

12 1.12 NJLaxx11
13 1.13 UK Lax
14 1.14 Matnum PI
15 1.15 HipandKneeDoc
16 1.16 NC Lax
17 1.17 FCALax
18 1.18 DU-Fan
19 1.19 PA Talk
20 1,20 ohmilax34
21 2.1 ohmilax34
Matt was right, I was well asleep by the time it was my go.

I’m away from my laptop this morning (uk time) but will be home this afternoon so will have picked by 10am your time easily, to give you guys a full day of it. This end of the draft the picks normally fly in. I’ve never missed my 24hour cut off and I don’t plan to start this year :mrgreen:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Question:

I have three players listed as A:

Collison
Manning
Simmons

Simmons played A last year as did Manning. Either or both may be switched this year. I have not dealt with this issue much but the transfer portal has impacted the roster possibilities and my draft. If it is not one thing its another.

I think it is highly likely one or all end up playing M.
The uncertainty makes drafting an uncertain proposition.

Given the short season each game is very important. If a roster is adjusted its easy. If not how are adjustments made given each game’s importance? What are the criteria?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Uklax wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:41 am
Contender again

You may be right that their D will let them down but with the attack transfers and the new starters. If they can gel over fall they may just outscore everyone in the spring. Maybe…

I’m not a Syracuse fan so no vested interest in them doing well but a good Syracuse is often good for the sport just because they and JHU probs gather the bigger followings (outside of USA itself) because of past glories.

No final has ever stuck in my mind more than Syracuse vs Cornell and the ridiculous comeback
That one is great but I actually thought the horse race of 2004 Cuse-Navy was a better game
See Martin, Malcolm
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:55 am Question:

I have three players listed as A:

Collison
Manning
Simmons

Simmons played A last year as did Manning. Either or both may be switched this year. I have not dealt with this issue much but the transfer portal has impacted the roster possibilities and my draft. If it is not one thing its another.

I think it is highly likely one or all end up playing M.
The uncertainty makes drafting an uncertain proposition.

Given the short season each game is very important. If a roster is adjusted its easy. If not how are adjustments made given each game’s importance? What are the criteria?
They will likely play before we have our first fantasy relevant game, you can then make the case with the box scores from the first games.
I have a couple of players who will likely switch positions too and that’s my plan
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:15 am
Contender again

That one is great but I actually thought the horse race of 2004 Cuse-Navy was a better game
I was on the sideline for the game. It was an instant classic. Had the Navy goalie been 100% they likely win the game
Last edited by OCanada on Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:52 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:15 am
Contender again

I was on the sideline for the game. It was an instant classic. Had the Navy hoslie been 100% they likely win the game
McGonagle right? I was in NYC as a summer associate just starting the gig and wife/girlfriend was visiting and somehow ended up watching at ESPN Zone in Times Square but it was also fleet week so surrounded by Sailors.

That was Barts last year in the PL so I really wanted them to win despite normally rooting for CNY teams once Bart is done but hate them so much when we play them. Bart lost to Navy in OT in the PL final but had beaten Army & Bucknell the week prior and then Cornell after the PL tourney when they’d still have a game and got an AL (to be sent to Ithaca and lose to a Cornell who only lost to Navy in a game the exact opposite of the final, an ugly 5-3 quarterfinal sleeper)
See Martin, Malcolm
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Drop Antony demaio grad M UMD
Draft Matt Campbell M Sr Villanova

Not a long term prospect but feel like this draft, combined with the surprise return of Degnon, automatically makes me a contender this year
gcclaxster67

Post by gcclaxster67 »

Sorry for delay. I'll take Charles Balasamo FR Attack Duke.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Already taken. Also who are you dropping
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

OCanada wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:18 am Already taken. Also who are you dropping
GCC was the one who drafted Balsamo.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Interesting. Thx
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:25 pm
DU-fan wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:11 pm What is the case for Nick Dupuis? He is not on the '23 roster. Maybe that has already been covered.
Transferred to Stony Brook. Ineligible. https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/ ... upuis/8337 Copying and Pasting (below) with the Dupuis edit.

2nd Round CalLaxDad : Gerard Kane SO A Hofstra 22
3rd Round Genghiskhanbluejay : Bryce Ford JR M Fairfield 10
3rd Round Typical Lax Dad : Dane Hall SR M UMBC 9
4th Round Greenielax : Sam Lutfi SR A Hofstra 6
4th Round NC Lax : Ryan Sheridan SR A Hofstra 8
4th Round NC Lax : Justin Sykes SR M Hofstra 6
5th Round ohmilax34 : Josh Tang SO A UMBC 4
7th Round DU-Fan : Jake Coleman JR A Fairfield 1
That is correct. Ergo, no compensatory pick for him.

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”