Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by dislaxxic »

It's cold.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:01 pm It's getting closer to Obama's Desk....I have been trying to tell you all for close to two years. :o ;)

Obama White House counsel Gregory Craig charged by federal prosecutors over alleged Ukraine lies
Really....when was he WHC and when did the alleged crime occur?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:12 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:01 pm It's getting closer to Obama's Desk....I have been trying to tell you all for close to two years. :o ;)

Obama White House counsel Gregory Craig charged by federal prosecutors over alleged Ukraine lies
Crime occurred afterward: Craig was White House counsel 2009-2010, and the alleged crime took place while he was working with/for Manafort in Ukraine in 2012...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:35 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:12 am

Crime occurred afterward: Craig was White House counsel 2009-2010, and the alleged crime took place while he was working with/for Manafort in Ukraine in 2012...
Greg Craig, ex-Obama White House counsel, indicted for alleged false statements
So the fact that he used to work for BHO has nothing to do with his alleged crime...just wanted to make sure this Fox headline wasn't click bait. :roll:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Sure doesn't stop Trumpies from parroting the false flags and innuendo...SOP for them, so it seems...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 am Sure doesn't stop Trumpies from parroting the false flags and innuendo...SOP for them, so it seems...

You must have a split personality. One of them is paranoid and the other one is out to get him.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Nope, Just that i know a crook and a con man when i see one. Unlike some others around here... ;)

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

People with good jobs are not leaving. People who have sufficient savings are not leaving. By the way the states with the strongest economies are CA, NY, MD etc. they are net payers of federal taxes and supporters of laggard states like Mississippi which gets about 50% of its revenue from the federal government! Successful state economies have higher costs of living, higher tax burdens ( they invest in their future) etc. one reason s lot of those who move do so is because once they retire and have less family income it’s harder to maintain there standard of living particularly if they haven’t planned well for retirement. Average family had something on the order of 50-70 k. Ask yourself if life expect fancies are longer how long that will last at the income level they used to have. You can move from where I live, csptute yiur equity from the house and move to someplace like Dayton OJ or Alabama and buy s better house and Hs e many left over not to mention other costs are in balance lower. They move to have s better standard of living.

Then there are those like my mother who retired from Rochestrt to South Carolina because she didn’t want a cold winter. Lots of those who are no longer anchored by jobs. Then there are those relocating because of jobs
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

More click bait
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
3h3 hours ago
More
President Obama’s top White House lawyer, Gregory B. Craig, was indicted yesterday on very serious charges. This is a really big story, but the Fake News New York Times didn’t even put it on page one, rather page 16. @washingtonpost not much better, “tiny” page one. Corrupt News!

10,225 replies 15,691 retweets 50,270 likes
Reply 10K Retweet 16K Like 50K
Big story, but it still doesn't have anything to do with BHO....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 am
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 amStay tuned.
Which is the message I took from the exchange between Barr and Sen. Shaheen. BTW, did she prove the axiom to "Never ask a question like that unless you already know the answer"? She looked completely gobsmacked.
I agree 'stay tuned'.

Yes, she looked 'gobsmacked'. That's because the AG had just said something so outrageous that he felt he had to withdraw it later in the hearing.

He changed the words, as well as the meaning. He's 'concerned' that 'unauthorized surveillance' could have occurred. But he also admitted that he had no basis for such concern and had seen no evidence that such had occurred. Almost total walk back.

So...why is he 'concerned' that such could have occurred?
Gee, that's way too easy.
Like the rest of the Administration, he's playing to an audience of 1.

Just as he refused to explicitly say that the Mueller investigation was not a 'witch hunt' nor 'illegal'. All he would say (unlike Rosenstein who has disavowed both those descriptions) was that he hadn't used those words. Audience of 1.

If all surveillance was "authorized", which is what the IG found, then no 'spying'. But the audience of 1 is happy in the meantime. Red meat for the base.

A huge 'tell' was his handling of the questions about the ACA. Purely political banter, not a shred of actual legal justification. Audience of 1.

So, is Barr just a toady, another shill for Trump?
Or is he playing a long game, so when the s--t really hits the fan, he'll have some credibility with Trump and the Trumpists?

My money is on toady right now. Hope I'm wrong.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:32 pm More click bait
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
3h3 hours ago
More
President Obama’s top White House lawyer, Gregory B. Craig, was indicted yesterday on very serious charges. This is a really big story, but the Fake News New York Times didn’t even put it on page one, rather page 16. @washingtonpost not much better, “tiny” page one. Corrupt News!

So, let's ask the question to our leftward leaning friends on here, Dems or whatever: anyone have a problem with Dem Craig getting nailed for this? Anyone?

How about GOP and Independent Never Trumpers?
Gotta a problem with Craig getting nailed?

Anyone?

Bueller...Bueller?

Nope, just Salty.
Why? because it's the same sort of thing that nailed Flynn.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Barr ...

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:44 pm
foreverlax wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:32 pm More click bait
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
3h3 hours ago
More

So, let's ask the question to our leftward leaning friends on here, Dems or whatever: anyone have a problem with Dem Craig getting nailed for this? Anyone?

How about GOP and Independent Never Trumpers?
Gotta a problem with Craig getting nailed?

Anyone?

Bueller...Bueller?

Nope, just Salty.
Do the crime, do the time. Regardless of who you are or what your party affiliation is.

Doesn't bother me in the least.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Nope, just Salty.
...& Podesta, Manafort & Gates.
Flynn was the first in this bunch, then his business partner.
They used it to take down Flynn, so they can no longer give anyone else the break they gave everyone before.
Before Flynn, how many FARA violations were prosecuted ?
If charged, it was usually dismissed with a retroactive filing & sometimes a fine.
Craig's going to assert that he was just a lawyer, acting on behalf of a foreign client.
He maintains he did no lobbying on his behalf.
Maybe they've got him in a false filing, like they claim to have with Flynn. We'll see.
Craig can afford to defend himself. They can't crush him into taking a plea, like they did Flynn.
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

get it to x wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 amBTW, did she prove the axiom to "Never ask a question like that unless you already know the answer"? She looked completely gobsmacked.
That axiom is advice to a lawyer questioning a witness during a trial -- after discovery is complete and everything the lawyer is asking about is already somewhere in the record, meaning they should know the answer to all the questions; and the point of the questions is to educate the judge and jury, hopefully not the lawyer. During discovery, the whole point is to ask questions you don't know the answer to, because you are going to need them. What Congress does, or is supposed to do, is gather information by asking questions. So, no, she did not prove the axiom, because it does not even apply. I'm sure she was "gobsmacked" by how inappropriate his response was. I was, too.

While I'm at it, you probably also like the phrase "an investigation in search of a crime," made popular by rags like the Hill and morons who read it. This is a nonsensical derivation of the popular & overused political saying that a proposal is a "solution in search of a problem." Investigations are, by definition, a search for a crime. That's the point. The two things don't need to co-exist -- investigations quite routinely determine there was no crime, and it doesn't make the investigation improper or a waste. The only way to know is to investigate. Solutions, on the other hand, require a problem. Of course, the people using this phrase actually mean it in the sense that an investigation ultimately will find a crime of sort, because apparently all of us are just unwittingly committing crimes at every moment. The phrase they are probably looking for, but not finding, is "show me the man and I'll show you the crime", a phrase attributed to Stalin's secret police chief, who would fabricate crimes to indict political enemies. So again, a slight misuse of the phrase (fabricated crimes vs. "process" crimes) but at least closer.
old salt

Post by old salt »

No need to know the answer in advance.
Look how much of a learning experience hearings are for Chairwoman Maxine Waters.
Gotcha questions sometimes turn into exploding cigars.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:36 pm
Nope, just Salty.
...& Podesta, Manafort & Gates.
Flynn was the first in this bunch, then his business partner.
They used it to take down Flynn, so they can no longer give anyone else the break they gave everyone before.
Before Flynn, how many FARA violations were prosecuted ?
If charged, it was usually dismissed with a retroactive filing & sometimes a fine.
Craig's going to assert that he was just a lawyer, acting on behalf of a foreign client.
He maintains he did no lobbying on his behalf.
Maybe they've got him in a false filing, like they claim to have with Flynn. We'll see.
Craig can afford to defend himself. They can't crush him into taking a plea, like they did Flynn.
Yup, rarely prosecuted...why? Because the lobbyists were honest???
Or because... power brokers are...power brokers $$$ ?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... obe-215764

You're right, the Justice Dept is stepping up, finally, to actually prosecuting this sort of corruption. And, make no mistake, it's corrupt. Filing is easy and these guys know how to do so properly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/p ... tment.html

But it's not like FARA was never prosecuted: https://www.wileyrein.com/newsroom-articles-1996.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:05 am You just glossed right over what I posted.

Fine.

Give me the name of who leaked, what classified info. they leaked, and when they did it.
old salt wrote:stay tuned
Exactly. You don't know. That's my point. You're doing the EXACT same thing that made you livid when it came to Trump and Russia.....folks would take a little bit of information, and make wild accusations with no basis in fact.

So to clarify: your "Deep State" could be one person who leaked some classified info., while everyone else in the FBI and DoJ was doing their jobs just fine. Hell, you stole the phrase Deep State from Glenn Greenwald...shouldn't that give you pause?
old salt

Post by old salt »

So now that the takedown of Flynn has breathed life into the long dormant FARA,
maybe we'll now see a bunch of Logan Act prosecutions. I nominate John Kerry.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:27 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:05 am You just glossed right over what I posted.

Fine.

Give me the name of who leaked, what classified info. they leaked, and when they did it.
old salt wrote:stay tuned
Exactly. You don't know. That's my point. You're doing the EXACT same thing that made you livid when it came to Trump and Russia.....folks would take a little bit of information, and make wild accusations with no basis in fact.

So to clarify: your "Deep State" could be one person who leaked some classified info., while everyone else in the FBI and DoJ was doing their jobs just fine. Hell, you stole the phrase Deep State from Glenn Greenwald...shouldn't that give you pause?
It's not wild accusations. The leaks happened.
If it was known who leaked, they'd be prosecuted. Like Reality Winner was & McCabe may be.
Who knows how many leakers were involved. Ignatius mentioned numerous sources, Lots of other leaks from different sectors.
Let's see if anything comes from Nune's letter to Barr & the Horowitz & Huber investigations.

Return to “POLITICS”