Geez-Enough of these boring posts. WE ACTUALLY HAVE GAMES BEING PLAYED. Anyone with color from Fall ball?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dasher

Geez-Enough of these boring posts. WE ACTUALLY HAVE GAMES BEING PLAYED. Anyone with color from Fall ball?

Post by Dasher »

How did UNC look this past weekend, etc, etc. etc....or maybe keep posting riveting things like draw control differentials from last years quarterfinals
DMac

Re: Geez-Enough of these boring posts. WE ACTUALLY HAVE GAMES BEING PLAYED. Anyone with color from Fall ball?

Post by DMac »

Not only that but DMac has driven that point across for many., many years.
Aint nuthin' new being disclosed here.
Been looking for some fall ball news myself, seems to be mighty slim pickin's this year.
hmmm

Re: Geez-Enough of these boring posts. WE ACTUALLY HAVE GAMES BEING PLAYED. Anyone with color from Fall ball?

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:44 am Not only that but DMac has driven that point across for many., many years.
Aint nuthin' new being disclosed here.
Been looking for some fall ball news myself, seems to be mighty slim pickin's this year.
Well, it's fall ball. So kinda tough to make much of it. I've been to Hopkins/Florida, Hopkins/Towson, JMU/MD, MD/Towson and JMU/Towson. In all those games there seemed to be a pretty big mix of starters and others playing at the same time as coaches try to find out what they have and who fits best in certain spots. Emily Sterling looked great in goal carrying over from where she left off last year.
Old Bay addict

Post by Old Bay addict »

A few weeks ago, but I Saw the Navy/Florida scrimmage. Both teams #1’s looked decent, but once they start subbing it gets a little hectic. The Navy kids play hard…we should be glad they’ll be defending our country. The Florida goalie is really, really good, and the attacker who transferred from Carolina whose name I can’t remember had 4 or 5 in the First half and looked very good.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Old Bay addict wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:06 pm A few weeks ago, but I Saw the Navy/Florida scrimmage. Both teams #1’s looked decent, but once they start subbing it gets a little hectic. The Navy kids play hard…we should be glad they’ll be defending our country. The Florida goalie is really, really good, and the attacker who transferred from Carolina whose name I can’t remember had 4 or 5 in the First half and looked very good.
Warehime? I think her style of play fits in well with UF. She is a strong player physically and fundamentally
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:07 pm
Old Bay addict wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:06 pm A few weeks ago, but I Saw the Navy/Florida scrimmage. Both teams #1’s looked decent, but once they start subbing it gets a little hectic. The Navy kids play hard…we should be glad they’ll be defending our country. The Florida goalie is really, really good, and the attacker who transferred from Carolina whose name I can’t remember had 4 or 5 in the First half and looked very good.
Warehime? I think her style of play fits in well with UF. She is a strong player physically and fundamentally
Yep very good player. injuries slowed her down abit which led to other players surplanting her as a starter at UNC. Expect 40 goals min from her
bobinvaluvswlax

Post by bobinvaluvswlax »

Saw Navy vs UF. Concur with previous comments.
Saw BC, Denver, Navy and Villanova this past weekend. BC looked solid. Definitely the best team there. Denver and Navy were close. They both mixed it up with the subs. Navy played mostly second and third string against Villanova to a draw. Denver led BC for a while and BC came back at the end.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

JMU over UVA by sizeable margin last night.
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

livelovelax wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:11 am JMU over UVA by sizeable margin last night.
Not surprised to hear this. UVA is over-hyped because of their affiliation with the ACC. They are a bottom third team in that league. Clemson will probably pass them quickly and UVA, VT and Pitt will battle for the bottom three spots in the ACC. Although Coach Skiera will have VT playing well, so they could surprise a few teams.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

UNC played team USA. I watched the game and i gotta say if this is the UNC team on a supposed down year..look out. game was 7-6 USA going into the 4th before USA pulled away late. Not saying they are contenders yet..but people who were praying on UNC's down fall this year might be disappointed.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

I was at the game and I was impressed with UNC. Fast and furious is how I would describe the freshman out there!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:28 pm
livelovelax wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:11 am JMU over UVA by sizeable margin last night.
Not surprised to hear this. UVA is over-hyped because of their affiliation with the ACC. They are a bottom third team in that league. Clemson will probably pass them quickly and UVA, VT and Pitt will battle for the bottom three spots in the ACC. Although Coach Skiera will have VT playing well, so they could surprise a few teams.
Me neither...UVA offense/recruiting always does less with more. It's been so long since relevance that it has to point to scheme/coaching.
bobinvaluvswlax

Ohio State looked good this weekend. They were fast, aggressive on the ride, disciplined in their offensive schemes and solid on defense.
East Carolina had some good moments. I think most of the teams they played against did not play their starters much against them.
Maryland was not the same Maryland of the past. I did not see the speed or the high powered attack. Defense was a little porous.
Navy played solid. They tried out some different combinations of players with varying success. Could have placed some shots better and they do not do much with cutters as their feeds are often off target. Clears were quick.
Duke was dominant. Maddie Jenner won most of her draws. From there the offense was relentless and aggressive on the redefend. If you did not clear quick they would cause a turnover.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Great summary. Curious about your MD comments. They have so much talent returning in every phase of the game. Perhaps starters did not play much or they had split lines with new players and returning players?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Anyone attend cuse can sbu. Curious how that went. I always look forward to this game in the early part of spring
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

Also curious here about 'Cuse vs. SBU this weekend. Didn't even know they were scrimmaging, or else I would have popped over. Anyone that attended have any insight?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Really seems to be a shortage of fall ball scoop this year, I didn't know they were playing either.
Got no info on it but here are a couple of shots from the play.
Emma looking a lot like Emma and you've got to love the BTB (no way that ball doesn't go in)
from the knees.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:42 pm Really seems to be a shortage of fall ball scoop this year, I didn't know they were playing either.
Got no info on it but here are a couple of shots from the play.
Emma looking a lot like Emma and you've got to love the BTB (no way that ball doesn't go in)
from the knees.
Spoke to a friend with a daughter on sbu. Cuse lost but it was a close very good game. Will be fun to watch when the season is in swing. Oddly this won’t be an early meeting. They always play first game or close to it. Apparently it’s in mid March
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

bobinvaluvswlax wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:33 pm Ohio State looked good this weekend. They were fast, aggressive on the ride, disciplined in their offensive schemes and solid on defense.
East Carolina had some good moments. I think most of the teams they played against did not play their starters much against them.
Maryland was not the same Maryland of the past. I did not see the speed or the high powered attack. Defense was a little porous.
Navy played solid. They tried out some different combinations of players with varying success. Could have placed some shots better and they do not do much with cutters as their feeds are often off target. Clears were quick.
Duke was dominant. Maddie Jenner won most of her draws. From there the offense was relentless and aggressive on the redefend. If you did not clear quick they would cause a turnover.
Duke better be good and go deep into the NCAA tourney this season. With a roster of 42, 21 of the girls are Seniors(11), Red Shirt Seniors(2), Grads(4)and Grad Transfers(4). Add in that two of their only three Juniors are their top players (Keller and DeSimone) this team is built to win now. If you are an Soph or Freshman don't get your hopes up for tons of playing time.
bobinvaluvswlax

Lax101 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:20 pm Great summary. Curious about your MD comments. They have so much talent returning in every phase of the game. Perhaps starters did not play much or they had split lines with new players and returning players?
I cannot comment on who played but the unofficial scores I saw were not close. JMU beat them by 4 the other week.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”