January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:07 pm
Bandito wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:57 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:45 pm Today, 1:00 PM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvuBoL ... hCommittee
This is what you are focused on today? Trespassing and rioting that happened nearly 2 years ago, most of it staged by FBI agents, Antifa and the like? This is so out of touch with what the majority of Americans are concerned about today. Those concerns today include: the recession we are in, the failing Biden economy, sky high inflation, the invasion at our southern border, learning the truth about COVID, Big Tech censorship, sky high gas and utility prices, and much more. This is why Democrats will get crushed at the midterms. Democrats are so obsessed with Trump they are suffering from severe mental illness. This is a prime example.
I'm "focused" on a lot of things today, Little Frito. This is one of the things I am taking in. And your comments leave me with a few observations:

The FBI/Antifa/BLM staged the January 6 assault on the Capitol and effort to impede the peaceful transfer? Complete bullsh*t. If you believe it, you are a complete moron. If you don't and you're just saying it here, you are engaged in an effort to misinform people, and a trolling moron.

The economy? A non-moron would understand that the current economy is actually pretty healthy; efforts by the administration to help the economy have been effective, but have the effect of being inflationary. Governments are invested with the tools to manage this, but it is complicated on a national or international level.

There is no "invasion on the southern border." Moronic misinformation.

You are a right wing bullet point regurgitator -- vomiter. Moron vomiter. That works.
Yup.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

See this:

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/158 ... 93/photo/1

Paul Abbate is the deputy director of the FBI.

"I've spoke to multiple African-American agents who have turned down asks to join SWAT because they do not trust that every member of their offices SWAT team would protect them in an armed conflict."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Check out the reaction of Pelosi when talking about the possibility of Trump coming to the Capitol on Jan. 6:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/15 ... mp4?tag=12
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:46 pm Check out the reaction of Pelosi when talking about the possibility of Trump coming to the Capitol on Jan. 6:

I’d gladly hold him down for her to get a good hit in.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:03 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:46 pm Check out the reaction of Pelosi when talking about the possibility of Trump coming to the Capitol on Jan. 6:

I’d gladly hold him down for her to get a good hit in.
Think maybe Steve Scalise owes Pelosi an apology?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Scalise, just one more POS republiCON. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Ending the Jan. 6 Hearings with a Trump Subpoena Was a Mistake

~Sez Dahlia Lithwick...in a nutshell:

Yeah, he did it. He's guilty as sin...but the next insurrection is barreling towards us...in legislatures, courthouses and yes, in the Congress...so fast that THAT needs to be our focus at this point...
But even as the walls close in on him for the thousandth time, it’s hard to feel wholly placated by the committee’s final presentation and its laser focus on the least important person on the planet: The guy who is neither interesting, nor terribly relevant to the imminent and exigent threat of the next coup or the coup after that. And while it’s hardly the mandate of the committee, it does feel that what was left on the table this afternoon was… everything. Donald Trump will never honor a subpoena, he will never turn over documents. If the point of this narrow focus on Donald Trump was to prevent him from running for office in 2024, my guess is they maybe found six more voters today.

But my real worry, and the thing that keeps me up at night is the fact that the liars and the cheaters and the con men and the opportunists who allowed Jan. 6 to happen, and who minced their way into the Jan. 6 committee hearings two years later merely in order to exculpate themselves, will all roam free after today, with the slightly more burnished aura of statesmanship and patriotism, so they can lay down the tracks for the next attempt at a stolen election. And for the one that follows quick on its heels.

We should be talking about all that, and since we aren’t, the Jan. 6 Committee should have been talking about all that. And since they didn’t, it feels a tiny bit more likely than not to be the thing that we will someday talk about as ancient history—the coup that is coming faster than we could imagine—and we will talk about it long after the thing is already done.
As several pundits have said, it may NOT be the last J6 hearing, as new information keeps flooding out...we shall see...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The next time folks want to defend policies and/or decisions and actions of Orange Cheato - consider this tidbit from yesterday

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6- ... -testimony

On November 11, 2020 he had his go-fer McInteee draft an executive order to immediately withdraw all troops from both Somalia and Afghanistan and send it to the NSC, JCS and DoD.

This had previously been reported but I don't recall any comments from the Cheato foreign policy crowd here at the time nor since.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:42 am The next time folks want to defend policies and/or decisions and actions of Orange Cheato - consider this tidbit from yesterday

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6- ... -testimony

On November 11, 2020 he had his go-fer McInteee draft an executive order to immediately withdraw all troops from both Somalia and Afghanistan and send it to the NSC, JCS and DoD.

This had previously been reported but I don't recall any comments from the Cheato foreign policy crowd here at the time nor since.
To be completed prior to his departure in January.
No planning, just do it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

It was amusing watching the video of Shumer & Pelosi ph calls on Jan 6th, trying to scramble the National Guard, as if the troops were just hanging out at the Armory, waiting for something to do. You could hear poor Chris Miller, the SecDef, on the speaker, trying to explain to them that's not how the NG functions. They have to first be recalled & put on alert, ...which their CPB had declined when offered, in the days prior.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 am It was amusing watching the video of Shumer & Pelosi ph calls on Jan 6th, trying to scramble the National Guard, as if the troops were just hanging out at the Armory, waiting for something to do. You could hear poor Chris Miller, the SecDef, on the speaker, trying to explain to them that's not how the NG functions. They have to first be recalled & put on alert, ...which their CPB had declined when offered, in the days prior.
Yeah, I think most people share your amusement. Glad you are retired.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:38 am
old salt wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 am It was amusing watching the video of Shumer & Pelosi ph calls on Jan 6th, trying to scramble the National Guard, as if the troops were just hanging out at the Armory, waiting for something to do. You could hear poor Chris Miller, the SecDef, on the speaker, trying to explain to them that's not how the NG functions. They have to first be recalled & put on alert, ...which their CPB had declined when offered, in the days prior.
Sad; he is just trolling now.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:40 am
Just sad.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Maybe this is the kind of new legislation the J6 group will propose...a more rapid response capability...like an "on call" group set up to respond to this sort of atrocity. Might not be in the National Guard, but - in our nation's capitol at the very least - we apparently need such a force here in the Age of Orange Duce...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

There already is such a force when the CPB coordinates with the Exec branch & local PD's.
Their political leaders just need to be willing to take the heat for "militarizing" the response.

https://sgp.fas.org/crs/homesec/R43522.pdf

https://www.nationalguard.mil/Resources ... ential-in/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope, not nearly sufficient.

First, their needs to be a Presidential directive...in this case, the concern was that the protest, on behalf of the President (outgoing lying POS that he was/is) would turn violent against anti-protestors (which was the actual plan by at least some of the insurrectionists), providing excuse for invocation of the Insurrection Act, a militarized coup on behalf of the POS.

When the anti-protestors stayed away, the POS directed the insurrection directly at the Capitol...it looks like that decision was actually made the night before as many of the insurrectionists were on their way to the Capitol before the Trump speech.

So...what would have happened if Congressional leaders had requested the NG be mobilized, in force-armed fully in riot gear, well in advance? We'll never know, but we do know that was one of the scenarios the insurrectionists actually wanted.

Crazy as it would otherwise seem, this can't be dependent on Presidential Directive (needs some other collective authority), and they need to be ready much, much faster. This all seems quite problematic, of course, but this situation of a coup on behalf of a sitting President has been unimaginable until now.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Excellent piece by former deputy commissioner for intelligence and counterterrorism at the New York Police Department - John Miller who is a straight shooter who is not known for being politically aligned with either party.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/politics ... index.html

There is clarification about the National Guard and how it can be used that confirms Salty's assertion that it needs to be activated but not deployed. It also indicates that neither McConnell nor Pelosi declined to activate the NG (and Miller should know as he was at NYPD on that day).
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:48 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:40 am
Just sad.
How many years after 9/11, and we still handle security in Wash. DC like it's a game. If I'm looking to harm this US? This is where I'd start....how many different jurisdictions are there in this little area, again?

Instead of having it all controlled by one person, and one group.

I've said it before---the fact that we don't have a platoon of marines parked in all those underground corridors is the single dumbest thing we do.

Is it a Federal building? Yes, right? So protect it with Federal troops. Boy, I'm glad we blew all these trillions on the "Department of Homeland Security" to have a DC cop with a revolver trying to protect our seat of government. :roll:

Why this wasn't fixed by Bush way back in 2002 tells me how dumb our government has become.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:49 am
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/politics ... index.html

There is clarification about the National Guard and how it can be used that confirms Salty's assertion that it needs to be activated but not deployed. It also indicates that neither McConnell nor Pelosi declined to activate the NG (and Miller should know as he was at NYPD on that day).
Their Sergeants-at-Arms denied the CPB's advance request for NG support, on their behalf.

DoD offered, in advance, carte blanche NG support, to both the CPB & DC Mayor.
All they had to do was go on record requesting it.

Return to “POLITICS”