Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:04 pm
Bandito wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:54 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:44 pm
Bandito wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:26 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:21 pm
Bandito wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:12 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:01 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:38 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:49 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:03 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:07 pm The notion that there isn’t any systemic racism against non-white Americans is so racist that it is strong evidence that such systemic racism exists.

DocBarrister
Please cite some examples for me. To me, systemic means from a system. The Jim Crow South was systemic. What system today can survive our sensitivity to racism if it were to carry on it's own form of racism? Maybe public schools, where inner city schools are keeping their minority students from reaching their full potential, and even then, it isn't codified in any laws. It's just the NEA protecting crappy teachers.

Throwing around terms like "racist", "fascist" and "Nazi" have diluted the meaning of the words to the point where it's like the teacher in "Charlie Brown". "Wah wah wah, a wah wah wah wah".
Too many examples to cite all. Just a few …

Systemic racism in the application of the death penalty.

https://www.aclu.org/other/race-and-death-penalty

Systemic racism in the U.S. Armed Forces.

https://apnews.com/article/us-military- ... 12d9375413

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/opinio ... white-men/

Systemic racism in Republican Gerrymandering.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/04 ... ation/amp/

DocBarrister
The death penalty article is 20 years old. I am opposed to the death penalty (staunchly pro-life), so any application is bad. Blacks commit a disproportionate share of murders. Most of it is gang related. Why a gang member's life means less when sentencing is a travesty. Taking a life is taking a life.

The military article is interesting, but the DOD doesn't tolerate racism. These are experiences based on interpersonal interactions. Again, you won't find me saying racism doesn't exist. The Marine Corp piece is an editorial.

The gerrymandering article is misleading. 38 House seats and three African Americans is close to their percentage in the state, about 11%.
You can’t seriously be saying there is no systemic racism in death penalty sentencing, the U.S. Armed Forces, or in Republican Gerrymandering?

You would simply be lying.

DocBarrister
What about Planned Parenthood? Any comments on that? When talking about systemic racism and abortion, one must talk about that, right? Margret Sanger was a racist. 50% of black babies die in the womb due to this heinous act.
You are entitled to your religious beliefs.

Just don’t try to impose them on the rest of us. The United States is not a theocracy.

DocBarrister
It is not an opinion, it is fact and the fact is abortion is murder. Everyone knows it, but you worship at the altar of liberalism, which sadly, is a huge mental disorder. Don't you believe science, Doc? Life begins at conception. There are 2 genders as well. BELIEVE SCIENCE!!!
So, women who have had abortions are murderers? Their spouses and supportive family members, too? Should they be subject to the death penalty?

When a woman has a miscarriage, will they need to report that to the police and have the police and local D.A. determine whether it was really a miscarriage and not murder?

Are the couples who undergo IVF … are they also murderers?

I think you share more with the Taliban and the Ayatollahs of Iran than with people who cherish democracy. I’m just pleased that your views are extremist views shared by only a small cadre of reactionary theocrats.

DocBarrister
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Ok … not sure it is safe to have someone like you on this forum.

DocBarrister
Forget safety keys go straight to justice which isn’t necessarily banning.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

America? See the video; watch the whole thing.

https://twitter.com/mackio_/status/1579870140044574721

What are we here?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:57 pm America? See the video; watch the whole thing.

What are we here?
Jesus H
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:57 pm America? See the video; watch the whole thing.

What are we here?
We need some kind of psychological screening for law enforcement. Crazy cops. Hopefully they both got some sort of disciplinary action, including a monetary penalty. I thought the first cop was an "A", but the second guy said "Hold my beer".
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

get it to x wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:26 pmWe need some kind of psychological screening for law enforcement. Crazy cops. Hopefully they both got some sort of disciplinary action, including a monetary penalty. I thought the first cop was an "A", but the second guy said "Hold my beer".
Except, MAGAt types tend to call psychological screening "cancel culture".

It ends up coming down to who is the arbiter...and what set of facts can be agreed upon, no?

One of our current political parties is lost these days in a world of holding up their own "alternative facts" that, you know, are true just because they believe them...

Power of Positive Thinking and all that... :roll:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:50 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:26 pmWe need some kind of psychological screening for law enforcement. Crazy cops. Hopefully they both got some sort of disciplinary action, including a monetary penalty. I thought the first cop was an "A", but the second guy said "Hold my beer".

It ends up coming down to who is the arbiter...and what set of facts can be agreed upon, no?

One of our current political parties is lost these days in a world of holding up their own "alternative facts" that, you know, are true just because they believe them...

I am as MAGA as anyone on this board. Law and order is a big thing to me. These idiot cops were out of order.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

get it to x wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:58 pm

I am as MAGA as anyone on this board. Law and order is a big thing to me. These idiot cops were out of order.
Hypocrisy. Anyone watching today’s congressional hearing knows full well that anyone who’s still a MAGAt is far from being pro-law and order.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Bandito wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:12 pm Blacks commit a disproportionate share of murders. Most of it is gang related. Why a gang member's life means less when sentencing is a travesty. Taking a life is taking a life.

What about Planned Parenthood? Any comments on that? When talking about systemic racism and abortion, one must talk about that, right? Margret Sanger was a racist. 50% of black babies die in the womb due to this heinous act.

Mafia gangsters killing other Mafiosis by the hundreds over the years = white on white violence. Their spreading of drugs [along with those actions of corrupt drug dealing cops] have killed thousands over the decades as well --- white on black violence.

Bush starting two needless wars in the Middle East = white on Muslim violence. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Re Sanger, as I have posted innumerable times here, her financiers were all Republican [Rockefeller, Bush, Gamble, etc]. Without them PP would have gone bankrupt and disappeared from the annals of history.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:17 pm

Hypocrisy. Anyone watching today’s congressional hearing knows full well that anyone who’s still a MAGAt is far from being pro-law and order.
A way more peaceful protest that the George Floyd riots. No law enforcement were killed by the protesters. Protesters were the only deaths.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

get it to x wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:05 pm

A way more peaceful protest that the George Floyd riots. No law enforcement were killed by the protesters. Protesters were the only deaths.
Disgraceful. Anyone who watched the proceedings of the Committee today and who continues to support the former President and the party complicit in the events of January 6 and the long, planned effort to stage what was plainly an attempted coup are not really parties to the social contract that is the Constitution. You can wave all your flags, but support of these people is just disqualifying and a disgrace.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:09 pm

Disgraceful. Anyone who watched the proceedings of the Committee today and who continues to support the former President and the party complicit in the events of January 6 and the long, planned effort to stage what was plainly an attempted coup are not really parties to the social contract that is the Constitution. You can wave all your flags, but support of these people is just disqualifying and a disgrace.
+1
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:09 pm

So you are safely ensconced in the NY media bubble. Don't blame me. If George Floyd protesters were treated like J6 defendants your panties would be so far up your butt they would need some Eagle Scouts to find them.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:30 pm I respect LEOs. But it's easier to do that when you understand their job duties-

1) Enter people into the judiciary system
2) Raise money for local jurisdictions
3) Serve judicial orders
4) Protect citizenry.
Just a head's up, but the Supreme Court has said on multiple times LEOs have no requirement or duty to protect citizens.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:12 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:30 pm I respect LEOs. But it's easier to do that when you understand their job duties-

1) Enter people into the judiciary system
2) Raise money for local jurisdictions
3) Serve judicial orders
4) Protect citizenry.
Just a head's up, but the Supreme Court has said on multiple times LEOs have no requirement or duty to protect citizens.
I was being generous, because I have a few friends who are LEOs and still see that as a job requirement.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Isn't the answer to the thread topic question just "yes, yes it is"?

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1 ... 4489874432
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:37 pm Isn't the answer to the thread topic question just "yes, yes it is"?

What the fnck is wrong with these idiots?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:46 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:37 pm Isn't the answer to the thread topic question just "yes, yes it is"?

No longer being PC
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:19 pm

No longer being PC
That clown needs to face charges or (none exclusive) as ass-kicking. I hate to be so family-values oriented, but where is that kid’s family to rain down hurt on that asshat? Guess it falls to the rest of us.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:19 pm

No longer being PC
That guy definitely lives inside a bottle.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bandito wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:26 pmIt is not an opinion, it is fact and the fact is abortion is murder. Everyone knows it, but you worship at the altar of liberalism, which sadly, is a huge mental disorder. Don't you believe science, Doc? Life begins at conception. There are 2 genders as well. BELIEVE SCIENCE!!!
Bandito, this is reading a lot like trolling...

Return to “POLITICS”