ASUN 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
OSVAlacrosse

Re: ASUN 2023

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Interesting that someone mentions Michigan compared to top ASUN schools and now the IL way too early top 20 has Jacksonville way ahead and the Utes basically tied with MI. I guess MI would be a top 3 ASUN team and the conference would love to have MI join.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Pipe dream on Michigan,
wish fulfillment yet again from IL.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

We will see about Michigan. Let's just say that, with a more experienced team, and the talent being mostly Conry's now, if major, major improvement isn't shown in 2023, hopes for him taken the next steps will become even more small.
bar_down

Post by bar_down »

Bobby Mo beat OSU in fall ball yesterday 16-10. I wouldn’t be so sure the Michigan would be a top three ASUN team.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Key Returners: Max Waldbaum (A), Jacob Greiner (A), Jackson Intrieri (A), Nathan Kapp (FO), Tucker Garrity (SSDM), Jack Heed (D), Luke Millican (G)

Transfer Additions: Dylan Watson (A, Georgetown), Brandon Galloway (M, UMBC), Cole Daninger (SSDM, Rutgers)
Lacrosse Bucket has a write up on Jacksonville,

Tanner has Waldbaum as returning, they hadn’t released their
roster yet, so that is what I was wanting to see,

so, as formidable an attack unit as any,
Waldbaum, Watson, Jacob Greiner, Jackson Intrieri,

Galloway is all-in for this season.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bar_down wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:31 am Bobby Mo beat OSU in fall ball yesterday 16-10. I wouldn’t be so sure the Michigan would be a top three ASUN team.
Word, my original point. The difference is that a conference like this (or the NEC for example) aren't going to be balanced, much more barbelled, bottom going to probably have 2-3 in the bottom 15 or so. But the idea that the worst team in any conference is going to roll the Asun is pretty specious IMO.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

ASUN line up, IL has all teams and conferences set up for the
2022-2023 in their portal,

ASUN
Team W L
Air Force (0-0) 0 0
Bellarmine (0-0) 0 0
Cleveland State (0-0) 0 0
Detroit Mercy (0-0) 0 0
Jacksonville (0-0) 0 0
Lindenwood (0-0) 0 0
Mercer (0-0) 0 0
Queens (0-0) 0 0
Robert Morris (0-0) 0 0
Utah (0-0) 0 0
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

As I have said, and will continue to say, while I am not saying Jacksonville or Utah will definitely win the conference tournament in 2023, due to both team's having heartbreaking, one-goal losses in conference championships games last year, I doubt no other ASUN team will be any hungrier or have more incentive.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Don’t know RoMos new coach but discount them at your peril.

I know some folks love Wilson but I’m not sold however they’re going to make it difficult too.

Jax is probably preseason star of conference though.

Is will Hardy coming this year or thought I heard he was doing a PG year.

Think we know Queens will be at the bottom but seem to be getting kids there I wouldn’t have expected. Charlotte has been hot w the rebirth of NASCAR, Lowe’s up the road in Mooresville and the SunTrust/Truist merger moving HQ there ans backfilling what was gutted when BofA acquired Merrill and became a NY firm in practice and Wells took down Wachovia. Took a decade to backfill that. If they hve the right coach they could be a Jax/Utah/RoMo/Bryant/UVM program fast because absent Kennesaw St or Ga Tech building lacrosse in Atlanta it’s going to be the most prominent southern city to go to, even Duke/UNC kids are more likely to stay their post college than in RDU.

Mercer lost Goldsmith, Jason knoxs brother, Riley, was thought to be a stud in Canada but we will see. Got a buddy in Atlanta who’s son midfield and did OL liek 15-20pts as a Soph but is small.

DM,Bellarmine and Cleveland State have been competitive at times in their conference-MAAC champs and tested ND one year and the Dillon Ward, late McGetrick/early Burns years slipped into top 20 mid season for a minute, but will fill in the middle most likely. Hear Bellarmine has $ issues that may be existential which is a shame because it sits in an awesome part of Lousiville called the Highlands and is quite bucolic, the spot nearby that lays claim to making the first cheeseburger skip that and go down the road to Jack Frys.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:55 am Don’t know RoMos new coach but discount them at your peril.

I know some folks love Wilson but I’m not sold however they’re going to make it difficult too.

Think we know Queens will be at the bottom but seem to be getting kids there I wouldn’t have expected. Charlotte has been hot w the rebirth of NASCAR, Lowe’s up the road in Mooresville and the SunTrust/Truist merger moving HQ there ans backfilling what was gutted when BofA acquired Merrill and became a NY firm in practice and Wells took down Wachovia. Took a decade to backfill that. If they hve the right coach they could be a Jax/Utah/RoMo/Bryant/UVM program fast because absent Kennesaw St or Ga Tech building lacrosse in Atlanta it’s going to be the most prominent southern city to go to, even Duke/UNC kids are more likely to stay their post college than in RDU.

Mercer lost Goldsmith, Jason knoxs brother, Riley, was thought to be a stud in Canada but we will see. Got a buddy in Atlanta who’s son midfield and did OL liek 15-20pts as a Soph but is small.

DM,Bellarmine and Cleveland State have been competitive at times in their conference-MAAC champs and tested ND one year and the Dillon Ward, late McGetrick/early Burns years slipped into top 20 mid season for a minute, but will fill in the middle most likely. Hear Bellarmine has $ issues that may be existential which is a shame because it sits in an awesome part of Lousiville called the Highlands and is quite bucolic, the spot nearby that lays claim to making the first cheeseburger skip that and go down the road to Jack Frys.
After what happened last year, I doubt anyone is discounting Robert Morris. They turned it on at just the right time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

gymman1031 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:16 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:55 am Don’t know RoMos new coach but discount them at your peril.

After what happened last year, I doubt anyone is discounting Robert Morris. They turned it on at just the right time.
New coach, McMinn is highlly respected so have to see how recruiting goes next couple of years. I have no sense of that.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Will Hardy PG'd last year..per a family member, SU never contacted him despite his father and 2 brothers playing for the Orange--and Dan wore #22!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FMUBart wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:31 am Will Hardy PG'd last year..per a family member, SU never contacted him despite his father and 2 brothers playing for the Orange--and Dan wore #22!
Heard Jax showed him love early we tried but they had a better pitch/offer. And frankly are in a better place today than Bart, even if Barts weather is better for a CNY kid!

Going from that to sun has to have cancer risks! Spread that rumor around northern conference members.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Jacksonville picks up the largest one yet in the continuing arms
race to stock rosters with mammoth-sized players versus
smurf-sized players.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

6’8” — 240lbs,
coaches son, son of the long time head coach at Lynchburg U.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Can someone comment on Jacksonville's ticket policy and possibility of the Hopkins game turning into a capacity issue? I possibly can arrange to see Jays/Dolphins but it is not without some effort and certainly don't want to show up at 6:30 on Feb 4 and see a S show trying to get in and possibly get shut out. I looked at the JU ticket page and while it looked like I could buy tickets to men's hoops & the spring dance - lax was not on the list. Thanks
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:49 pm
FMUBart wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:31 am Will Hardy PG'd last year..per a family member, SU never contacted him despite his father and 2 brothers playing for the Orange--and Dan wore #22!
Heard Jax showed him love early we tried but they had a better pitch/offer. And frankly are in a better place today than Bart, even if Barts weather is better for a CNY kid!

Going from that to sun has to have cancer risks! Spread that rumor around northern conference members.
Not only Hardy. Add Colsey and others to the list.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I just read the article on Jacksonville on the Inside Lacrosse website. Wow! While I am not saying that either will definitely win the conference this season, I doubt any ASUN teams will have MORE incentive than Jacksonville and Utah. Let's see how they do against Hopkins and Denver this weekend, respectively.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Any predictions for conference teams who have games this weekend?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:47 am Can someone comment on Jacksonville's ticket policy and possibility of the Hopkins game turning into a capacity issue? I possibly can arrange to see Jays/Dolphins but it is not without some effort and certainly don't want to show up at 6:30 on Feb 4 and see a S show trying to get in and possibly get shut out. I looked at the JU ticket page and while it looked like I could buy tickets to men's hoops & the spring dance - lax was not on the list. Thanks
You should get out a little and buy tickets to the dance 🕺🏽.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
Lax904

Post by Lax904 »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:47 am Can someone comment on Jacksonville's ticket policy and possibility of the Hopkins game turning into a capacity issue? I possibly can arrange to see Jays/Dolphins but it is not without some effort and certainly don't want to show up at 6:30 on Feb 4 and see a S show trying to get in and possibly get shut out. I looked at the JU ticket page and while it looked like I could buy tickets to men's hoops & the spring dance - lax was not on the list. Thanks
Jacksonville has very large stands in the stadium complex and plenty of standing room. There is also a hill between the press box and the team benches that is a great vantage point. The Adirondack chair seething feet from the sidelines for Boosters is pretty unique. Will be chilly on Rock beach tonight but should be a great environment.
@Lax904
“Cradle to the Grave w Kerwick and Carnicelli”
Podcast- Lax Allstars

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”