2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Bandito

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Bandito »

ggait wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:38 pm
A pattern is developing where Democrat incumbents/nominees are refusing to debate their opponents or limiting the number of debates. I'm curious, are there any Republicans refusing to debate their opponents?
Come on X. Did you forget all those debates that Trump skipped? Did you notice that the Republican National Committee, not the DNC, withdrew from the bi-partisan Presidential Debate Commission?

Dodging debates is primarily a GOP/MAGA thing, but it does happen on both sides. And when done, the claim is that the rules are unfair. So they really want to debate, but can't because it is so totally unfair. The haggling over debate details in order to dodge them is absolutely nothing new. Sometimes the haggling is justified; most times it is just a dodge.

This cycle, you do have some Dems flat out refusing to debate election denier, conspiracy theory, disinformation types (e.g. AZ governor). Maybe not the best position to take, but quite understandable. I think we all would have been better off if Biden had skipped the "shut up man" debate with Trump. That's two hours of our lives that we're never getting back.

Biden was dragged out of his basement to debate Trump in 2020 knowing that the election would be rigged. Biden hid in his basement 90% of the time. In the middle of the night ballot dumps occurred in swing states. I witnessed it with my own eyes watching the election in disbelief. Many Democrats are avoiding debates for the midterms, including Fetterman from PA. Anyone who votes for someone who is a debate dodger, can't put a sentence together and wants to let murderers out of prison are seriously sick and deranged individuals who lack a functional brain.

Democrats cannot and will not win on the issues they support. This is shaping up to be a historic election for Republicans because Democrats hate America, favor criminals and illegals over free citizens, lied to the public about COVID, have driven the economy into the ground and have practically started a nuclear war with Russia.

Way to go Dems! You really know how to destroy a country in a year and a half.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Misinformation is what the GOP is left with, after parting with every principle it ever purported to have after January 2017. All you have left is trolling and lies.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Another brilliant R. Why would you want to be a registered R and even be associated with so many of these touchholes, let alone vote for them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbH-bnlI40Q
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Herschel needs to pull out
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:39 pm Herschel needs to pull out
Maybe his pullout game is strong. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:44 pm
Maybe his pullout game is strong. :lol:
Seriously, next someone will suggest he needs to employ the Rhythm method.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Why don't you say the same about Warnock? He tried to run his ex wife over with his car and nearly killed her. He neglected his kids, failed to pay child support and is currently fighting in court to have his divorce proceedings sealed. He supports abortion up to the moment of birth. Abortion is the leading cause of death among African Americans. Margret Sanger was a racist who created Planned Parenthood to limit black births. Why does Warnock support the murder of millions of black babies? Warnock is a Biden puppet who's policies have led us to near nuclear war, dependence on OPEC for oil, record high inflation, a horrible economy, a division among Americans never seen before in our history, a globalist who hates Americans and is a pedophile who showered with his daughter which is chronicled in her diary. He welcomes an invasion at our southern border while sending $60 billion in cash and weapons to help defend Ukraine's border, but not our own. His son is about to be indicted for his numerous crimes relating to Ukraine, doing crack cocaine, abusing and having sex with prostitutes and is a deadbeat delinquent.

The Democrat Party platform cannot be defended in any way shape or form. A huge rebuttal of their horrible polices will take place on November 8th. That of course if the election isn't rigged like it was in 2020.
Last edited by Bandito on Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:44 pm
Why don't you say the same about Warnock? He tried to run his ex wife over with his car and nearly killed her. He neglected his kids, failed to pay child support and is currently fighting in court to have his divorce proceedings sealed. He supports abortion up to the moment of birth. Abortion is the leading cause of death among African Americans. Margret Sanger was a racist who created Planned Parenthood to limit black births. Why does Warnock support the murder of millions of black babies? Warnock is a Biden puppet who's policies have led us to near nuclear war, dependence on OPEC for oil, record high inflation, a horrible economy, a division among Americans never seen before in our history, a globalist who hates Americans and is a pedophile who showered with his daughter which is chronicled in her diary. He welcomes an invasion at our southern border while sending $60 billion in cash and weapons to help defend Ukraine's border, but not our own. His son is about to be indicted for his numerous crimes relating to Ukraine doing crack cocaine, abusing and having sex with prostitutes and is a deadbeat delinquent.

The Democrat Party platform cannot be defended in any way shape or form. A huge rebuttal of their horrible polices will take place on November 8th. That of course if the election isn't rigged like it was in 2020.
Welcome back Bandildo.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:49 pm
Bandito wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:44 pm
Why don't you say the same about Warnock? He tried to run his ex wife over with his car and nearly killed her. He neglected his kids, failed to pay child support and is currently fighting in court to have his divorce proceedings sealed. He supports abortion up to the moment of birth. Abortion is the leading cause of death among African Americans. Margret Sanger was a racist who created Planned Parenthood to limit black births. Why does Warnock support the murder of millions of black babies? Warnock is a Biden puppet who's policies have led us to near nuclear war, dependence on OPEC for oil, record high inflation, a horrible economy, a division among Americans never seen before in our history, a globalist who hates Americans and is a pedophile who showered with his daughter which is chronicled in her diary. He welcomes an invasion at our southern border while sending $60 billion in cash and weapons to help defend Ukraine's border, but not our own. His son is about to be indicted for his numerous crimes relating to Ukraine doing crack cocaine, abusing and having sex with prostitutes and is a deadbeat delinquent.

Welcome back Bandildo.
I didn’t know Ukraine did crack. Learn something new every day. Guess that means America is on hallucinogens given some of the commentary here from folks like banditoessexpeterbrown
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:59 am
get it to x wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:36 am A pattern is developing where Democrat incumbents/nominees are refusing to debate their opponents or limiting the number of debates. I'm curious, are there any Republicans refusing to debate their opponents? IMHO, they can't defend where the Democrat Party has landed on a whole host of issues, social, law and order and economic.
What parts can't they defend? Be specific.

And yes, the R's do it. It's a risk reward in the age of viral memes. One wrong sentence, and you're out.

I agree that it sucks. Tell me why I should vote for you. Basic stuff.
Incumbents are going to see a lot more down-side risk than potential upside. Bottom line is your average voter pulls the lever for the name they "think" they recognize....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:49 pm Welcome back Bandi**o.
No personal attacks.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

admin wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:38 pm
No personal attacks.
That said, you may wish to take a look at the opening salvos from the poster being called out.

Definitely "Putinesque" BS.

It's also rather "amazing" that these personas re-emerge as another one is put into time out.
Do you have the tech tool set to analyze whether these are actually coming from the same IP address(es)?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

No personal attacks.
That may have been my autocorrect. I will keep an eye on it.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:56 pm
No personal attacks.
That may have been my autocorrect. I will keep an eye on it.
I'm sorry. I hate it when it does that, I'm sorry.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Scoop: Peter Thiel offers to double down on Arizona Senate race

Billionaire venture capitalist Peter Thiel has told the McConnell-aligned Senate Leadership Fund he is willing to make a multimillion-dollar investment in the Arizona race on the condition the super PAC finds matching funds, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: With less than a month until the midterms, a late cash injection of this scale could prove decisive in one of 2022's key Senate battlegrounds. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) team has said they are open to the idea but haven't yet raised the funds.

The big picture: The assumption in GOP political circles was that Thiel and SLF had abandoned Republican nominee Blake Masters, who has consistently trailed Democrat Mark Kelly in polling.

Both sides were motivated by a recent CBS News poll showing Kelly's lead has narrowed to three points, and the potential re-engagement reflects calculations that Masters may be in close enough range for money like this to close the gap
Kelly has enjoyed a massive fundraising advantage, raking in $52 million through the end of June — compared to about $5 million by the Masters campaign. Neither candidate has released their Q3 fundraising figures.
Details: Under the proposed arrangement, Thiel and SLF would together spend at least $10 million to boost Masters — with Thiel responsible for half of the final figure that the two sides agree on, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

Thiel spent $15 million to support Masters in the GOP primary, but hasn't donated additional money to his Saving Arizona PAC since then. Earlier Wednesday, the PAC went up with a $2 million TV ad buy attacking Kelly, which was not funded by Thiel, according to a person familiar with the spot.
The National Republican Senatorial Committee also announced last week it would make a "seven-figure investment" in the Arizona race.
SLF spokesman Jack Pandol declined to comment.
The backdrop: SLF canceled $9.6 million in television ads reserved for the Arizona race last month, as Axios first reported, confident that other outside conservative groups would make up the difference.

The move was preceded by a pair of phone calls in which McConnell (R-Ky.) and SLF president Steven Law urged Thiel to re-engage on behalf of Masters, fearing the candidate's dismal fundraising and low favorability ratings would cost Republicans a key pickup opportunity, according to the Washington Post.
Thiel rejected a proposal at the time to split the cost of funding Masters through the general election, citing his investments early in the cycle and concerned that the financing would be used as a Democratic talking point, the Post reported.
Between the lines: Thiel signaled at a recent Masters fundraising event that he was done spending on behalf of Ohio Senate nominee J.D. Vance, believing the Republican nominee is on track to win, according to CNBC.

Vance, like Masters, is a former venture capital executive whose campaign Thiel has largely funded.
The Ohio race against Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan is rated "lean Republican" by the Cook Political Report, while Arizona is rating "lean Democratic."
The proposal by Thiel and SLF to double down on Arizona comes days after Masters and Kelly squared off in the race's first and perhaps only debate, where Masters made waves by calling on the Democrat to resign over his approach to the border crisis.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:13 pm
Vance, like Masters, is a former venture capital executive whose campaign Thiel has largely funded.
The Ohio race against Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan is rated "lean Republican" by the Cook Political Report, while Arizona is rating "lean Democratic."
The proposal by Thiel and SLF to double down on Arizona comes days after Masters and Kelly squared off in the race's first and perhaps only debate, where Masters made waves by calling on the Democrat to resign over his approach to the border crisis.
Guess I should start prepping for another fat tax cut!

TrumpNation: best of luck to ya. The waters, as always, will be getting rougher......
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

House hopeful in New York releases sex tape to show his ‘sex positive approach’ As in wanting to legalize sex work.

Best quote "it diminishes the integrity of adult film stars to sleep with cheap political whores".

Using political campaign funds to film a promotional ad making a legal sex tape? Politicians everywhere are saying "why didn't I think of that!" Gotta admit that's thinking outside the box. Or is it inside the box?

What a weird time to be alive.
DMac

Post by DMac »

This might be a pretty reasonable explanation as to the how and why some of these candidates get elected.
Kind of makes sense to me as I'll be damned if I can figure out how too many of these folks end up in office.
Worth the listen, the left has definitely gone too far with their wokeness. JMHO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo8t86Fi2JQ
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:28 pm House hopeful in New York releases sex tape to show his ‘sex positive approach’ As in wanting to legalize sex work.

Best quote "it diminishes the integrity of adult film stars to sleep with cheap political whores".

Using political campaign funds to film a promotional ad making a legal sex tape? Politicians everywhere are saying "why didn't I think of that!" Gotta admit that's thinking outside the box. Or is it inside the box?

What a weird time to be alive.
It’s both. Here’s an instructional video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qti4VT6T0ts
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:43 am This might be a pretty reasonable explanation as to the how and why some of these candidates get elected.
Kind of makes sense to me as I'll be damned if I can figure out how too many of these folks end up in office.
Worth the listen, the left has definitely gone too far with their wokeness. JMHO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo8t86Fi2JQ
Yeah, but that has NOTHING to do with our leaders. What you and Maher are missing is:

1. this is cultural. Voting for a Senator because of "wokeness" is like entering a McDonald to complain about your Taco Bell order. One has nothing to do with the other. I explained this to posters who voted for Trump "because they're sick of PC". And hey, look at that.....Trump didn't make PC illegal. Because he can't do that. It's cultural.

2. the lady Maher mentioned? She's in Canada. So......what's the F if voting for Herschel gonna do about that?

3. Even if the lady, or wokeness in general, if from the US? Maher forgets that gay or woke, or whatever isn't automatically Democrat. There's 80 million Americans who don't vote.....and don't give a sh*t about any of this stuff. Maher making the same mistake R's make: anyone who isn't us, MUST be a Democrat. Nope. Not even close. The actual, real left? They hate the Dems as much as they hate the R's. It's worth remembering this.

4. What we're seeing is a bunch of old white guys who are stunned that "someone else" has a say in our mainstream. That means things like music, art, movies, tv shows, YouTube, twitter, etc. For the last 200+ years, the only voices heard on a National level were straight white people. Now that yes, transgendered folks are reading books to kids? Folks are losing their collective minds.

It's cultural, Dmac. And voting Republican won't slow it down....not even a little. How is voting for Herschel going to stop something that's happening culturally in America. Answer: it ain't. And at the end of voting for these idiots? All Republicans are doing is letting their base fall further behind in the global economy because the Republicans don't have a plan as to how to help them economically....you know, the REAL reason to vote for National leaders.....,and haven't for over 20 years now.

And counting.....

Return to “POLITICS”