Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by RedFromMI »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 am Julian Assange (mentioned above) has been released from asylum at the British Ecuadorian embassy for violating certain international protocols. Police arrested him immediately and his attorneys are fighting to keep him from getting extradited to the USA. Youtube is broadcasting live protests by Brit Marxists who are on his side and who do not want him extradited.

Interestingly, a YT right wing website also defended Assange despite all reports of him being a rabid anti-semite.

We shall see what happens next.
Apparently, extraditing, then convicting Assange in the US, is not a slam dunk.
He could claim to be a journalist who just published what "whistlebiowers" brought to him.
Maybe the Pulitzer Prize winners he enabled will testify on his behalf.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/j ... -thoughts/
The indictment that will be used in the attempt to extradite JA is public - https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... cy-to-hack

Basically he is charged with assisting Manning in hacking information...so the issue of extradition will hinge on if there is credibility behind the conspiracy charge...

Now his lawyer's are certainly trying to spin this as a First Amendment issue, but the actual charge does not depend on his publication of the stolen information, but rather in the assistance in the stealing of said information (which IS a crime which _potentially_ can be proven). Of course, there are some who would like to see journalists prosecuted for just publishing classified info - but that is not in the current charging docs (available at the link above).
old salt

Post by old salt »

I hope Christopher Steele steps up & adopts Assange's cat.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:57 pm I hope Christopher Steele steps up & adopts Assange's cat.
Pamela Anderson may have it already. :shock:
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 am Julian Assange (mentioned above) has been released from asylum at the British Ecuadorian embassy for violating certain international protocols. Police arrested him immediately and his attorneys are fighting to keep him from getting extradited to the USA. Youtube is broadcasting live protests by Brit Marxists who are on his side and who do not want him extradited.

Interestingly, a YT right wing website also defended Assange despite all reports of him being a rabid anti-semite.

We shall see what happens next.
Apparently, extraditing, then convicting Assange in the US, is not a slam dunk.
He could claim to be a journalist who just published what "whistlebiowers" brought to him.
Maybe the Pulitzer Prize winners he enabled will testify on his behalf.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/j ... -thoughts/
The indictment that will be used in the attempt to extradite JA is public - https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... cy-to-hack

Basically he is charged with assisting Manning in hacking information...so the issue of extradition will hinge on if there is credibility behind the conspiracy charge...

Now his lawyer's are certainly trying to spin this as a First Amendment issue, but the actual charge does not depend on his publication of the stolen information, but rather in the assistance in the stealing of said information (which IS a crime which _potentially_ can be proven). Of course, there are some who would like to see journalists prosecuted for just publishing classified info - but that is not in the current charging docs (available at the link above).
MSNBC reporting that Manning gave Assange a partial password for access to DoD network, then Assange used his computer skills to execute the hack & download the classified files. If DoJ can make that stick, they've got him.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It's getting closer to Obama's Desk....I have been trying to tell you all for close to two years. :o ;)

Obama White House counsel Gregory Craig charged by federal prosecutors over alleged Ukraine lies
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

I thought you guys had decided lying was cool? Not anymore, eh?

Craig was a probably caught in a perjury trap by the "Deeper State".

You see, the Deeper State were actually double agents, pretending to work for the Deep State...when in reality, they were trying to take Obama down.

:lol: ;)

Ah, it's going to be fun watching Republican make anyone care about these lies and convictions...after spending two full years trying to explain to the rest of us Americans that lying is super-cool, and only crazy Russiaphobes care when their government leaders lie to them.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Craig charges are chicken droppings (imho).
His law firm was preparing a legal argument for a foreign politician.
They're going after him just to rationalize having used FARA to railroad Flynn.
Both should have been allowed to retroactively register, without penalty, as has been the norm.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:58 pm I thought you guys had decided lying was cool? Not anymore, eh?

Craig was a probably caught in a perjury trap by the "Deeper State".

You see, the Deeper State were actually double agents, pretending to work for the Deep State...when in reality, they were trying to take Obama down.

:lol: ;)

Ah, it's going to be fun watching Republican make anyone care about these lies and convictions...after spending two full years trying to explain to the rest of us Americans that lying is super-cool, and only crazy Russiaphobes care when their government leaders lie to them.
That's what the government will do to you... good for the goose good for the gander. I am stunned a Fan... your beloved government wonks would lie to us. :o That is almost as stunning as the revelation there is gambling going on at Rick's Café American. And none of it matters a hill of beans does it? The only thing that has happened here is that the vice grips have been released from one set of testicles and reattached to another set. Same whining... different person. The only thing missing here is the tiresome claim by the master distiller that it is all the fault of Fox news. Or maybe it really is those rat baztards at Fox setting up this new conspiracy. We need another special counsel to investigate... :P
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I guess we have to use the approved standards of the Democrat Party on this issue... the seriousness of the accusations warrant further investigations. :D If these folks were never spying on Trump then they have nothing to worry about. Only the guilty people are afraid of the truth being known. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:36 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 pm You've been telling us for 2 years that the FBI should have looked the other way, and not investigated the Trump organization.

Now that the shoes on the other foot----shocker, you want investigations. Or wait---do we call investigations into wrongdoing "spying" now, following Barr's lead?

Personally, I think Barr is a member of the Deep State....who can old salt possibly trust to run this investigation when the entire DoJ and FBI are out to get to Trump? Take your time. I'm sure you can come up with an answer to that.
As I've said before. There's nothing wrong with a closely held counter intel investigation, if there's a reasonable basis for it.
If it does not reveal anything criminal, it goes in the dead file.
No harm. No foul. So long as it's not leaked or used for any political purpose.

Who leaked that Carter Page was subject of a FISA warrant & blew up his life ?
Who leaked, implying that Svetlana was a Russian spy & ruined her life ?
Who leaked the intercepts of Flynn's phone calls ?
Who spread the Steele dossier throughout the govt ?
Why were the FISA intercepts so widely distributed & so many unmaskings requested ?
...& all that was after the leaks that jammed up McCabe.
Yeah. They're all Boy Scouts. Don't make me play the Farkas leaker infomercial again.
Bingo ! Eli Lake from Bloomberg nails it again (he narrated the Flynn take down in real time & coined "Flynn was the appetizer, Trump's the entree" analogy). He answers your question better than I did.

Focus on the leaking, not just the spying. Ask about not just the origins of the FBI counter intelligence investigation, but about how & why it became public

Lake explains how counter intell investigations are critical to national security & why they must be closely held.
He shows how damaging leaks of them can be, compared to routine DC leaks done for political advantage.
He also points out the trail markers for the damaging & abusive leaks of the Trump investigation, before Mueller took control.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:33 pm That's what the government will do to you... good for the goose good for the gander. I am stunned a Fan... your beloved government wonks would lie to us.
You're insisting that the government is lying to us?

And who is telling us "they" lied? Yep, that's right: another government official, Barr.

Now what? Is Barr a part of the Deep State? Is Mueller----Rush and Hannity have been insisting that Muellers "in on it".

So tell me now: who do we believe?

I have said this entire time that I trust career FBI and DoJ officials over a politician like Hill or Trump.

So if you say you don't trust the DoJ....you're stuck. Because the DoJ rep (Barr) is saying Trump is cleared. So now what? Do you believe Barr and the DoJ?

So yep, it comes down to little D's and R's, as usual. If someone in the DoJ was mean to Trump, they're corrupt. But if they clear Trump, oh, well they're flawless and unimpeachable

This whole thing has shown just how few Americans have come anywhere near a course in basic logic. It's all so stupid.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm Yeah. They're all Boy Scouts. Don't make me play the Farkas leaker infomercial again.
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm Bingo ! Eli Lake from Bloomberg nails it again (he narrated the Flynn take down in real time & coined "Flynn was the appetizer, Trump's the entree" analogy). He answers your question better than I did.

Focus on the leaking, not just the spying. Ask about not just the origins of the FBI counter intelligence investigation, but about how & why it became public

Lake explains how counter intell investigations are critical to national security & why they must be closely held.
He shows how damaging leaks of them can be, compared to routine DC leaks done for political advantage.
He also points out the trail markers for the damaging & abusive leaks of the Trump investigation, before Mueller took control.
I understand every word of this. Always have.

The entire reason I'm giving you grief on this point is that your'e doing what Maddow et. al. did...and what Barr did....making wild speculations with no basis in fact. "Spying"? You mean "investigating?"

In other words: who leaked? One person? Two? Hundreds? From which Department? Someone in Trump's inner circle? Trump himself? Obama himself? A combination?

You don't have a clue. So what do you do? Tar and feather with the "Deep State" nonsense, and rope in people that, for all you know, were following the letter of the law, and doing EXACTLY what we pay them to do. This is not cool, and you know it.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I think he actually DOESN’T know it...which makes it all the more craven. Persons that think like this see nothing wrong with hiding behind this sort of willful ignorance.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm Yeah. They're all Boy Scouts. Don't make me play the Farkas leaker infomercial again.
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm Bingo ! Eli Lake from Bloomberg nails it again (he narrated the Flynn take down in real time & coined "Flynn was the appetizer, Trump's the entree" analogy). He answers your question better than I did.

I understand every word of this. Always have.

The entire reason I'm giving you grief on this point is that your'e doing what Maddow et. al. did...and what Barr did....making wild speculations with no basis in fact. "Spying"? You mean "investigating?"

In other words: who leaked? One person? Two? Hundreds? From which Department? Someone in Trump's inner circle? Trump himself? Obama himself? A combination?

You don't have a clue. So what do you do? Tar and feather with the "Deep State" nonsense, and rope in people that, for all you know, were following the letter of the law, and doing EXACTLY what we pay them to do. This is not cool, and you know it.
Doing what they were authorized to do ? Leaking TS/SCI intercepts ? NOBODY AUTHORIZES THAT !
No basis in fact ? Leaks are facts. I pointed out the leaks as they took place.
Nobody in Trump's campaign had access to the stuff that was being leaked.
To leak, you first have to have access to the intel being leaked.
In most cases, that's a very tight circle.
That's how the IG caught McCabe.
You're creating excuses to ignore the obvious.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You just glossed right over what I posted.

Fine.

Give me the name of who leaked, what classified info. they leaked, and when they did it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Stay tuned.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Love the historically illiterate right wing echo chamber. 72 summer it nicely.

Lyndon Johnson commented about the effect of the passage of all the civil rights bills to the effect the south was lost for decades to come. The racist south went Republican in the 1968 election.

The Southern strategy was born and remains. The Southern Strategy was named that by Lee Atwater. Look him up. You can find him describing it.

In the 1960s three civil rights workers eere killed in Philadelphia, Mississippi. The nation was literally shocked. When Reagan won the 1980 nomination his first election speech was given in Philadelphia, Mississippi. It was not s coincidence.

The rest of the post was right wing dog whistle. Laws were necessary to overcome the racist resistance to equality for everyone. They were necessary because separation was what needed to be over ineX you know like white and black bathrooms and equal access all citizens should be able to enjoy. Good news is I understand where you appear to be coming from
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Addendum. Generally speaking - It’s not an accident the states with the worst economies are in the south. The states with the worst education systems are in the south. The states with the poorest social welfare systems are in the south The states that are net users of federal tax dollars are in the south. Self inflicted wounds every one
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 amStay tuned.
Which is the message I took from the exchange between Barr and Sen. Shaheen. BTW, did she prove the axiom to "Never ask a question like that unless you already know the answer"? She looked completely gobsmacked.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:01 am Addendum. Generally speaking - It’s not an accident the states with the worst economies are in the south. The states with the worst education systems are in the south. The states with the poorest social welfare systems are in the south The states that are net users of federal tax dollars are in the south. Self inflicted wounds every one
Then why are people leaving enlightened NY for southern states?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”