ASUN 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Exlaxbro

Re: ASUN 2023

Post by Exlaxbro »

I did say young talent. They have a few nice recruits coming this fall and next. If they pull out of the portal they might be competitive in ‘23. They are not at Jacksonville or Bobby Mo yet but they might be there sooner than later.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Jacksonville posts their 2023 schedule,

https://judolphins.com/sports/mens-lacr ... ?path=mlax
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I am planning to head out to Jacksonville at Utah on Saturday, April 1st. Any fans of either team planning to be there?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Would Michigan be better than third in this conference?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:47 pm Would Michigan be better than third in this conference?
To be honest, I don't think highly of Michigan (especially not the HC) but I think Michigan would be the #1 in the ASUN. And if they were in the conference last year- would've won it.

They beat delaware 18-8, Delaware beat Romo 20-8 (asun champs) before the historic Georgetown game. Obviously "they beat them, and then they beat them" isn't the soundest argument. But I dont think jax, romo or utah would beat Michigan.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Interesting because I think at least two of the three would. And transitive property has literally zero value or we could do Del as Natl champs faster than getting to Kevin Bacon.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:10 am Interesting because I think at least two of the three would. And transitive property has literally zero value or we could do Del as Natl champs faster than getting to Kevin Bacon.
Agreed. Or we could call Mount Saint Mary's the national runner-ups since they beat Navy who beat Army who beat Cornell. Like I said, not the soundest argument.

But on paper, from recruiting rankings and just the eye-test for size & athleticism- it seems like the average ASUN athlete cannot compete with the capabilities of the average B10G athlete. I'd bet money that Michigan would beat RoMo, Jax, or Utah this year. I would think Jax is the only one of the three to give Michigan a tough time. Unfortunately, I don't believe any of them have slated games. Not at all saying there isn't any quality teams/players in the ASUN- just think although Michigan is the worst team in the B10G, they'd still be at the top of the food chain in the ASUN at #1
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:09 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:10 am Interesting because I think at least two of the three would. And transitive property has literally zero value or we could do Del as Natl champs faster than getting to Kevin Bacon.
Agreed. Or we could call Mount Saint Mary's the national runner-ups since they beat Navy who beat Army who beat Cornell. Like I said, not the soundest argument.

But on paper, from recruiting rankings and just the eye-test for size & athleticism- it seems like the average ASUN athlete cannot compete with the capabilities of the average B10G athlete. I'd bet money that Michigan would beat RoMo, Jax, or Utah this year. I would think Jax is the only one of the three to give Michigan a tough time. Unfortunately, I don't believe any of them have slated games. Not at all saying there isn't any quality teams/players in the ASUN- just think although Michigan is the worst team in the B10G, they'd still be at the top of the food chain in the ASUN at #1
It’s a discussion. I don’t mind disagreement other than the general BigTen players are better because Big Ten teams other than Mich lose OOC games to non ACC/IVY teams enough. Michigan has been in the big ten since it was formed. They’ve taken a ton of losses. Like Vandy in the SEC, they're SEC right? Depth and maybe certain areas like SSDM are going to be different generally but I don’t see it.

The idea that their walking past Jax is crazy. Jax and Richmond were basically on par (see conference title game last year if you saw how Richmond held up vs UVA and UPenn. Jax obviously took down Hop and Utah took out denver all last year. People are either underrating teams or overrating some based in conference affiliation. That trio can compete quite well.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:23 am Jax obviously took down Hop and Utah took out denver all last year.
Neither of these things happened. Yikes
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:23 am It’s a discussion. I don’t mind disagreement other than the general BigTen players are better because Big Ten teams other than Mich lose OOC games to non ACC/IVY teams enough. Michigan has been in the big ten since it was formed. They’ve taken a ton of losses. Like Vandy in the SEC, they're SEC right? Depth and maybe certain areas like SSDM are going to be different generally but I don’t see it.

The idea that their walking past Jax is crazy. Jax and Richmond were basically on par (see conference title game last year if you saw how Richmond held up vs UVA and UPenn. Jax obviously took down Hop and Utah took out denver all last year. People are either underrating teams or overrating some based in conference affiliation. That trio can compete quite well.
Oh no, I agree that Michigan has been/is underperforming for a B10G school since its inception. I know John Paul did a lot for the program to go Varsity. But it seems that he did not lay down the typical foundation that a B10G school should've had (imo). LOL agree that they are Vanderbilt of college lacrosse. I just think they would be the top dog in the ASUN.

I did not say they were walking past Jax, I said out of the 3 teams we've been debating that they probably would give Michigan the toughest game. I'm sorry I'm having a hard time understanding your reasonings. Hop beat Jacksonville by 3, Utah lost to denver by 1. By no means am I saying they cannot compete. Just think Michigan would either be #1 or win the conference, or both. In an alternate reality, if they weren't in the B10G they probably wouldn't get the quality of recruits that they have in the past.

Thoughts on head to heads? Utah played Marquette and Bellarmine. So did Michigan. Michigan beat marquette by 2, Utah beat them by 1. Michigan beat bellarmine by 8 and Utah beat them by 1. Not saying this is a favorable or fool proof way- but if conferences go head-to-head for seed placements... can we? ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:39 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:23 am It’s a discussion. I don’t mind disagreement other than the general BigTen players are better because Big Ten teams other than Mich lose OOC games to non ACC/IVY teams enough. Michigan has been in the big ten since it was formed. They’ve taken a ton of losses. Like Vandy in the SEC, they're SEC right? Depth and maybe certain areas like SSDM are going to be different generally but I don’t see it.

Oh no, I agree that Michigan has been/is underperforming for a B10G school since its inception. I know John Paul did a lot for the program to go Varsity. But it seems that he did not lay down the typical foundation that a B10G school should've had (imo). LOL agree that they are Vanderbilt of college lacrosse. I just think they would be the top dog in the ASUN.

I did not say they were walking past Jax, I said out of the 3 teams we've been debating that they probably would give Michigan the toughest game. I'm sorry I'm having a hard time understanding your reasonings. Hop beat Jacksonville by 3, Utah lost to denver by 1. By no means am I saying they cannot compete. Just think Michigan would either be #1 or win the conference, or both. In an alternate reality, if they weren't in the B10G they probably wouldn't get the quality of recruits that they have in the past.

Thoughts on head to heads? Utah played Marquette and Bellarmine. So did Michigan. Michigan beat marquette by 2, Utah beat them by 1. Michigan beat bellarmine by 8 and Utah beat them by 1. Not saying this is a favorable or fool proof way- but if conferences go head-to-head for seed placements... can we? ;)
I mean Terry Foy has Utah and Mich even. That’s probably about correct. But while they could win the conference it’s not hard to envision them coming in fourth either. Vs 6/6 in the Big Ten?

The fact that this is even a discussion flies in the face of pages of Big Ten discussions and how it’s all on the coaches at Mich. we may be hanging out hat too much in the Del win. That wasn’t the same team that won their last five Rout rd 1 of the playoffs they played setting aside matchups like you mentioned Army/Cornell late season.

Interesting you think the difference helps their recruiting. Didn’t for PSU it seems. Certainly not what the mich acolytes and sycophants say about how it’s the institution not the conference. I don’t know the answer to that. Would Utah be a lot better if the Pac12 scaled up and started a lax conference (so they throw in denver like Hop to Big Ten)? Answer is probably yea though more because you have a viable conference in the West than because if what the conference is.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:39 am

If we use the transitive property can we have games played on a simulator only considering the many close and OT losses we’ve had to Cuse and Cornell over the years? :)
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:30 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:23 am Jax obviously took down Hop and Utah took out denver all last year.
Utah lost to Denver by 1, but did beat Jacksonville they beat RMU then lost to RMU. Richmond did beat UVA. Both finished ranked higher than JHU for whatever that means. If you don’t think an ASUN team could beat MI than you must not watch much College Lacrosse however MI could also beat these teams as well. Last several years have proven that teams ranked 15-30 can all win in any given game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Mistake but Jax had wins. Yikes is your attitude in the Hop board. Posting as a student on a lacrosse board…
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:53 am
Mistake but Jax had wins. Yikes is your attitude in the Hop board. Posting as a student on a lacrosse board…
I'm not a student? I graduated almost 10 years ago. Also don't get personal just because you're embarrassed you got two basic facts wrong.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:50 am
Utah lost to Denver by 1, but did beat Jacksonville they beat RMU then lost to RMU. Richmond did beat UVA. Both finished ranked higher than JHU for whatever that means. If you don’t think an ASUN team could beat MI than you must not watch much College Lacrosse however MI could also beat these teams as well. Last several years have proven that teams ranked 15-30 can all win in any given game.
Moses up games because they were early seasons me I don’t really care about any of these schools including Hop and Denver but none of it changes the point that there’s a bunch of Bug Ten chest thumping because Big Ten as well as insistence Mich should easily walk into the final four and neither are true many years after the experiment started. There’s three teams in this new conference that can compete quite well up that ladder. The point of the discussion and the ASUN thread.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:55 am
I'm not a student? I graduated almost 10 years ago. Also don't get personal just because you're embarrassed you got two basic facts wrong.
I made a mistake and acknowledged it, but you did post as a student didn’t you? And it’s personal once you play the loser “post count” game. So while you were a student posting as a non player on lacrosse boards I was putting out fires from the financial crisis and the very day your trashing my post count I was on a call at 3:15am with an exec at LLoyds Bank in England. Once you take it personal you are no longer a victim.

Fuether, you miss the essence of any conversation just to be right. Small wins for small people it’s all good. I would expect assaults in spelling next .
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:00 pm
I made a mistake and acknowledged it, but you did post as a student didn’t you? And it’s personal once you play the loser “post count” game. So while you were a student posting as a non player on lacrosse boards I was putting out fires from the financial crisis and the very day your trashing my post count I was on a call at 3:15am with an exec at LLoyds Bank in England. Once you take it personal you are no longer a victim.

Fuether, you miss the essence of any conversation just to be right. Small wins for small people it’s all good. I would expect assaults in spelling next .
Are you ok?
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:00 pm

This has massive “you’re disrespecting a future U.S. Army soldier” energy. What a post
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Lets see if we can’t turn the clock back to this past
Weds, say around 5am.

Jacksonville has not released their 2023 roster,
so as far as their schedule, assuming all players who
were expected to return do and also accounting for
transfers,

it looks like Jacksonville can run the table in the remainder of their regular season schedule once they get past the first two games against Hopkins and Duke.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”