~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:29 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:25 pma guy who has lost a step but continues to have his wits and basic human decency.
let's be honest with ourselves here - Biden has NEVER had much in terms of "wits" and has NEVER been a decent human being.

Sure the meme culture made him seem all soft and cute with the Obama Bro image, but the guy has been on the side of segregationists, anti-choice, anti-desegregation, anti-gay marriage. He cheated in college. Should I go on...?

You might like him better than Trump, but let's not put lipstick on a pig and call it Grace Kelly.
First, I'm hardly a Biden fan...never been particularly impressed with his smarts and certainly am aware of some looseness on integrity...I always saw him as a pretty typical politician, cutting corners here and there.

On the other hand, he was hardly an extremist, either direction for his era...and he evolved his views much like I have over the decades...I certainly have different perspectives now than I did 40 years ago.

However, I'd need a whole lot of verification on those sharper claims about Biden.

I do think he was (is) a far more moderate/conservative Dem that the current crop of progressive Dems, so his views decades ago certainly were more conservative than they are today. But segregationist? :roll: Yes, he played an important role in bridging the aisle to address some of the angers about school busing, but that hardly makes him "anti-segregation" much less not on the right side of civil rights.

Heck, Obama was opposed to gay marriage...world changed (some people haven't).

Indeed, a whole lot of people have moderated and evolved their views over the years (me too!)...something that those with some empathy for others have less difficulty doing than those with hardened anger and vitriol.

On your point about Trump, I quite agree that we needn't put Biden on a pedestal to greatly prefer him over a dishonest, corrupt, sociopath...

And yes, he also ain't Grace Kelly...who was truly gorgeous IMO. ;)
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:38 pm Grace Kelly...who was truly gorgeous IMO. ;)
on this there can be no disagreement. :mrgreen:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:38 pm Grace Kelly...who was truly gorgeous IMO. ;)
+1000….. saw her wedding photos and the Church she was married in last month.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Can any of the FLP folks on this forum help Joe find Jackie?? His poor press secretary must be finding it harder and harder to explain Joes ineptitude. FTR, poor Jackie assumed room temperature back in August in a car accident. How could Joe know??? The more appropriate question.. how could Joe NOT know???
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:40 pm
I'm bumping this above cradle's meandering...and because it's a pleasant thought...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:02 pm
I'm bumping this above cradle's meandering...and because it's a pleasant thought...
Who is meandering MD??? I'm just reporting on one of your presidents ever increasing brain farts. You ain't got no opinion on Joes embarrassing episode? ;) That is funny, usually your never at a loss for words. Fast forward to pleasant thoughts. Now that is a unique concept on this forum. What is the name of this thread again MD??? If you want pleasant thoughts go for a nice relaxing bike ride.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I did, thanks...but Grace Kelly produces a different set of 'endorphins'. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:04 pm I did, thanks...but Grace Kelly produces a different set of 'endorphins'. ;)
+ 100%
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I might consider necrophilia w Grace.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:25 pma guy who has lost a step but continues to have his wits and basic human decency.
let's be honest with ourselves here - Biden has NEVER had much in terms of "wits" and has NEVER been a decent human being.

Sure the meme culture made him seem all soft and cute with the Obama Bro image, but the guy has been on the side of segregationists, anti-choice, anti-desegregation, anti-gay marriage. He cheated in college. Should I go on...?

You might like him better than Trump, but let's not put lipstick on a pig and call it Grace Kelly.
I think we can actually differentiate between trump and Biden as well not just simply a taste preference however.

I find attempting to make a case that they are the same to be pretty problematic.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:24 pm
Who is meandering MD??? I'm just reporting on one of your presidents ever increasing brain farts. You ain't got no opinion on Joes embarrassing episode? ;) That is funny, usually your never at a loss for words. Fast forward to pleasant thoughts. Now that is a unique concept on this forum. What is the name of this thread again MD??? If you want pleasant thoughts go for a nice relaxing bike ride.
Thread was named by a resolute Republican left member with an issue w Biden and Democrats in general not god knucklehead.

And you didn’t report anything just wrote a bunch of idiocy. Like usual.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:11 am
Thread was named by a resolute Republican left member with an issue w Biden and Democrats in general not god knucklehead.

At least my idiocy only runs one paragraph. Your idiocy designed to show off how intelligent you are blathers on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with never a discernable objective outside of mentioning the dudes you buddy around with and negotiate all those multi million dollar deals. I wonder how many of those dudes are jiggy to your sketchy and not so glamorous past?
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:04 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:11 am

At least my idiocy only runs one paragraph. Your idiocy designed to show off how intelligent you are blathers on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with never a discernable objective outside of mentioning the dudes you buddy around with and negotiate all those multi million dollar deals. I wonder how many of those dudes are jiggy to your sketchy and not so glamorous past?
Good one. Same thing different day. Humanity is wasted so often...

Of course for one to have a clue they have to make mistakes and have a past they have to actually accomplish and do something in their lives. Not just waste it away...

Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore
It's gettin' dark, too dark to see
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That long black cloud is comin' down
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:08 am

I think we can actually differentiate between trump and Biden as well not just simply a taste preference however.

I find attempting to make a case that they are the same to be pretty problematic.
I certainly wasn't making the case that they are the same. I was making the case that you don't have to make up stories about one to prove the other was bad. They can both be bad in different ways and of course at different levels.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

HooDat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:02 pm

I certainly wasn't making the case that they are the same. I was making the case that you don't have to make up stories about one to prove the other was bad. They can both be bad in different ways and of course at different levels.
One of them has an elevator that goes to the top floor. The other doesn't.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

No worries just planting that flag because there’s no shortage of moral relativism and equivocation floating around here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Is that the same one heading to the 8th circle later on or the other one?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:35 pm

Above (or below) my pay grade. Maybe you have some inside info, eh?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:44 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:35 pm

Above (or below) my pay grade. Maybe you have some inside info, eh?
I’m definitely going to hell but I’m a measly level 2 or 3 unfortunately. A “line worker”, non union.
Brooklyn

Re: ~46~ FIT Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by Brooklyn »

Cynical Florida Repukes who hated Biden now love him thanks to the relief he provided for them. It's a good bet, however, that once the handout monies get spent they'll go back to hating him again.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”