Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Orange Duce

Post by CU88 »

Well the $3 million dollar man did not last long!

CNN reports that Chris Kise, Trump's newest lawyer has been "sidelined" from the Mar-a-Lago documents investigation.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/politics ... index.html
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wonder if his relationship w Desantis has anything to do with it though they knew it upfront I presume.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:06 pm Wonder if his relationship w Desantis has anything to do with it though they knew it upfront I presume.
I wouldn't think that's a real or precipitating issue.

Far more likely is that he objected to the sycophants on the team who wish to make legal arguments he knows are fallacious and simply won't win...or worse, would cause further jeopardy to the client...and to the lawyers themselves.

The guy is a highly competent attorney who is far, far less likely to be willing to lie for Trump...and that probably makes Trump mad.

That said, the DeSantis connection might well be thrown out as an excuse for why Kise is insufficiently "loyal"...they'd prefer that excuse over telling Donald he's wrong to insist on lies...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:35 pm Well the $3 million dollar man did not last long!

CNN reports that Chris Kise, Trump's newest lawyer has been "sidelined" from the Mar-a-Lago documents investigation.
Isn't that how Trump plays the game, a revolving door of sorts...to buy time and blame the other guy, just enough to make everything confusing as hell.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:26 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:35 pm Well the $3 million dollar man did not last long!

Isn't that how Trump plays the game, a revolving door of sorts...to buy time and blame the other guy, just enough to make everything confusing as hell.
Sure. Which is why this smart lawyer got paid $3 million up front. :oops:

The important folks in this case - DoJ, 11th circuit Appellate judges and the Special Master judge are all onto this scam and are not having it.

The district Trumpy judge changed her order after getting slapped down by the 11th circuit panel thus precluding an appeal to SCOTUS (who likely would not have taken the case anyway)

Summary of how much deep doo-doo Orange Cheato is in

https://www.justsecurity.org/83034/trac ... documents/
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

usually as an excuse to stiff them on their bill... I hope the $3 million check cleared :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Can one the lawyers here chime in?

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1574845012029890562

Ryan Goodman@rgoodlaw

NEW: MAL Special Master Judge Dearie

- calls out Judge Cannon for clipping his authority to issue interim reports (which he writes was issued by Cannon "implementing an UNRELATED ruling by the 11th Circuit")

- recommends Cannon reinstate his authority

https://justsecurity.org/wp-content/upl ... 7-2022.pdf
3:34 PM · Sep 27, 2022

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content ... 7-2022.pdf
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:33 pm

The important folks in this case - DoJ, 11th circuit Appellate judges and the Special Master judge are all onto this scam and are not having it.

The district Trumpy judge changed her order after getting slapped down by the 11th circuit panel thus precluding an appeal to SCOTUS (who likely would not have taken the case anyway)
The increasing extremes of events on that defense side and his willingness to toss away $3mm considering how he treated money during the presidential transition, it’s quite a signal that it’s getting worse/tougher for Trump. He doesn’t throw away free patsy..er..donor money freely.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:55 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:33 pm

The increasing extremes of events on that defense side and his willingness to toss away $3mm considering how he treated money during the presidential transition, it’s quite a signal that it’s getting worse/tougher for Trump. He doesn’t throw away free patsy..er..donor money freely.
For a picosecond I read that as “pastie”.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

The MAL special master thing was always just a pointless delaying tactic. There really was no reason to do it.

The only reason that tactic got any traction was due to some careful judge shopping. And while the MAGA judge swallowed it hook/line/sinker, her ruling was so awful that it simply can't stand up under any meaningful review.

So the whole thing will be over by Halloween and the only effect will be that MAGA judge has now trashed her reputation. But she can stay on as a district judge indefinitely -- life tenure and all that.

$3M guy may have been terminated to save $$$ -- if the retainer isn't used, you have to send the unused portion back. Or that guy may go work on other Trump cases that aren't as completely stupid and dead end loser-ish as the MAL special master case.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Thanks GG.

And I guess that this should not come as a surprise:

Hugo Lowell@hugolowell

New: Justice Dept asks special master for additional day to select vendor to digitize seized Mar-a-Lago docs after the five proposed vendors declined to work with Trump — and urges Trump be forced to say whether FBI planted materials.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .121.0.pdf
6:53 PM · Sep 27, 2022
·
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

ggait wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 pm The MAL special master thing was always just a pointless delaying tactic. There really was no reason to do it.

The only reason that tactic got any traction was due to some careful judge shopping. And while the MAGA judge swallowed it hook/line/sinker, her ruling was so awful that it simply can't stand up under any meaningful review.

So the whole thing will be over by Halloween and the only effect will be that MAGA judge has now trashed her reputation. But she can stay on as a district judge indefinitely -- life tenure and all that.

$3M guy may have been terminated to save $$$ -- if the retainer isn't used, you have to send the unused portion back. Or that guy may go work on other Trump cases that aren't as completely stupid and dead end loser-ish as the MAL special master case.
"if the retainer isn't used, you have to send the unused portion back."

Fnck that. Let tRump sue. Isn't that how he operates? Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander....
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:14 pm Trump's District Court CU*NT strikes.
Fnck that noise. Impeach. Or should we all just start interpreting the law the way we see fit?

"Rule of law" is a tenuous, delicate, voluntary balance not resilient to blatant disregard. tRump has been exploiting civilized society's restraint for quite some time. Maybe too long...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 pm The MAL special master thing was always just a pointless delaying tactic. There really was no reason to do it.

"if the retainer isn't used, you have to send the unused portion back."

Fnck that. Let tRump sue. Isn't that how he operates? Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander....
I understand you have to have a full accounting and even that bar exams have questions in double billing while on a flight type hypotheticals but I also assume law firms are very good at chewing up retainers in general and in this circumstance it seems unlikely he’d chase it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:38 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:14 pm Trump's District Court CU*NT strikes.
Fnck that noise. Impeach. Or should we all just start interpreting the law the way we see fit?

"Rule of law" is a tenuous, delicate, voluntary balance not resilient to blatant disregard. tRump has been exploiting civilized society's restraint for quite some time. Maybe too long...
... way too long.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

But his policies are fly!

Scoop: Trump threatened to go after Maggie Haberman's phone records

Mike Allen
Mike Allen
, author of Axios AM

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email
Former President Trump at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio, on on Sept. 17.
Former President Trump at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio, on Sept. 17. Photo: Jeff Swensen/Getty Images
New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman reports in her book — "Confidence Man," out Tuesday — that former President Trump had threatened internally to go after her phone records to expose leakers.

Driving the news: "Trump, angry about my published stories, would bellow that he wanted administration officials to obtain my phone records and identify my sources," Haberman writes.

"It did not appear that anyone ever acted on it."
Why it matters: News organizations go to great lengths to prevent the government from seeing their communications, in part to protect the identity of sources who help expose what's really going on.

Context: N.Y. Times columnist Frank Bruni says "Donald Can’t Quit Maggie," which pretty much sums it up.

Trump, in the course of giving Haberman three interviews for this book, told aides: "I love being with her; she’s like my psychiatrist."
Trump's obsession: He has called her "Maggot Haberman" and tweeted in 2018: "Maggie Haberman, a Hillary flunky, knows nothing about me and is not given access."

In February, he repeated in a statement about the book that she "knows nothing about me."
What we're hearing: When there's a negative story in The Times, Trump privately calls it "Maggie's story"— no matter the author.

Trump has been known to rant: "I never speak to her." Aides roll their eyes.

Joe Klein, in a N.Y. Times review of "Confidence Man," calls Haberman "famously formidable":

"The only other journalist who can match her access to a recent president is Lou Cannon, who spent much of a lifetime covering Ronald Reagan."
"She is an exemplar of her craft, relentless, judicious and even-keeled, giving credit, where due, to her colleagues and fellow biographers."
When asked about Trump's threat about Haberman's records, spokesman Taylor Budowich responded with his standard comment about Haberman's book:

"While coastal elites obsess over boring books chock-full of anonymously-sourced mistruths, America is a nation in decline. President Trump is focused on Saving America, and there's nothing the Fake News can do about it."
Go deeper: Free book excerpts (CNN)
AOD

Post by AOD »

ggait wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 pm
Not necessarily. That depends on how the engagement was fashioned. To my knowledge, this remains the rule -

https://casetext.com/case/in-re-amendme ... egal-servs

Return to “POLITICS”