Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by OCanada »

Lolol.

Why weren’t you at the HOF ceremony? You don’t know the history or the community and it shows. You are like Elaine. Yada yada yada….

When you make remarks like that it is a great self reveal. Thx
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:10 pm Did you clear that w PM, Beirka. Nice try but in line with other BS posts you have produced. Pavlovian.
You don't have to take my word for it, you weirdo. It was also widely reported in the press:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... cted/56324
A notable group of Johns Hopkins alums who have distinguished DI coaching careers have also garnered interest.

Towson’s Shawn Nadelen — for many, seen as the heir apparent — Hobart’s Greg Raymond and Hofstra’s Seth Tierney received contact from the search firm late last week, according to several sources.
https://twitter.com/Chris_Jast/status/1 ... 0565354498
There were plenty of candidates that were contacted by Ventura Partners, who is running the search. But there were 6 that received interviews via video call, all of them current head coaches.

Dan Chemotti
Peter Milliman
Mike Murphy
Shawn Nadelen
Greg Raymond
Seth Tierney
https://twitter.com/Chris_Jast/status/1 ... 1521623044
Out of that group, sources have told me that Chemotti and Nadelen are firm finalists for the job, along with one or two others. Those two are what many have viewed as the favorites from the start.
You're still claiming that none of this is true? Incredibly bizarre, man. Just truly weird stuff. Not sure what your angle is. Just flat out lie about the committee's search so you can paint the admin as disrespectful toward an alum? That's all I can think of. Wild.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

nyjay wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:41 pm yes, 100% agree that we should play Towson. but that doesn't mean SJ isn't fun.

I actually think a Baltimore lacrosse version of Philly's "Big 5" basketball (or Boston hockey's Bean Pot) should happen every year. Hop, Towson, Loyola and UMBC should do a Fri/Sun tournament and declare a city champ annually.
That’s a good idea.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:47 pm
nyjay wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:41 pm yes, 100% agree that we should play Towson. but that doesn't mean SJ isn't fun.

I actually think a Baltimore lacrosse version of Philly's "Big 5" basketball (or Boston hockey's Bean Pot) should happen every year. Hop, Towson, Loyola and UMBC should do a Fri/Sun tournament and declare a city champ annually.
That’s a good idea.
:D
I agree with all efforts to distract from backbiting!

Seriously, that sounds like a fun idea...
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:47 pm

That’s a good idea.
:D
I agree with all efforts to distract from backbiting!

Seriously, that sounds like a fun idea...
Maybe they could give out a big crab to the winner? Oh, wait . . .
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

If they have JHU / Loyola and UMBC / Towson paired in the first round, we can crown City and County champions as well.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I reported what the coach said as i noted at the time for three coaches. Take your pick.

You are amazingly insecure. I suggested you call and ask them quite some time ago .
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 pm I reported what the coach said as i noted at the time for three coaches. Take your pick.
A month ago you claimed, and I quote, "I should probably add no head coaches graduating from Hopkins i know of were contacted."

You've repeated that claim several times since then, including about Nadelen.

The fact of the matter is that he and others were contacted. Either you were given bad info or you're lying. Those are the two choices. I kinda can't believe you're still digging this hole. :lol:
OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 pm You are amazingly insecure.
Projection.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

The sniping, arguing and bashing on this “fan” site is remarkable — and not in a good way. Like many programs with legendary coaches, things got stale and the change probably took too long. See UVA and Cuse for recent lacrosse examples. But Hopkins is a top school with great tradition, a top 2 league with a good TV contract, and a good location to attract both local and regional talent.

As a Hopkins outsider this board projects a negative impression. Hopkins has picked up some solid 4 stars in this cycle but one rarely sees mention of this. Sad!
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:58 am
harflax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:50 am As recently as three meetings ago Towson beat Hopkins by 9 goals. The teams have been playing since 1976. St Joe's may have had a better team than Towson last year. A one year sample size is going to drop a 46 year old rivalry? Screw Millman. I hope Maryland trounces the Jays by 20 goals again this season.
Didn't Towson's conference add two teams this year? That's two new opponents they have to schedule. Surely that had nothing to do with this and it must be because Hopkins' coach is evil.
Just to be clear, Hopkins dropped Towson . That’s it. The matchup other then early season weather was good for both teams.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Jldlax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:04 pm The sniping, arguing and bashing on this “fan” site is remarkable — and not in a good way. Like many programs with legendary coaches, things got stale and the change probably took too long. See UVA and Cuse for recent lacrosse examples. But Hopkins is a top school with great tradition, a top 2 league with a good TV contract, and a good location to attract both local and regional talent.

As a Hopkins outsider this board projects a negative impression. Hopkins has picked up some solid 4 stars in this cycle but one rarely sees mention of this. Sad!
I remember a few years ago buying a big ten conference champs tee shirt thinking how ridiculously low we've fallen (look we're better than michigan which wasn't even d1 the last time we made a title game!), but my 05 stuff still hasn't worn out yet and we're in year 3 so things can only go up! Also unlike d1 football schools we don't play lower level lax teams so we don't have to face the indignity of a texas southern situation!
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 pm I reported what the coach said as i noted at the time for three coaches. Take your pick.
Sorry I missed that. What did the coaches say?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Mr3Putt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:01 am
HopFan16 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:58 am
harflax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:50 am As recently as three meetings ago Towson beat Hopkins by 9 goals. The teams have been playing since 1976. St Joe's may have had a better team than Towson last year. A one year sample size is going to drop a 46 year old rivalry? Screw Millman. I hope Maryland trounces the Jays by 20 goals again this season.
Didn't Towson's conference add two teams this year? That's two new opponents they have to schedule. Surely that had nothing to do with this and it must be because Hopkins' coach is evil.
Just to be clear, Hopkins dropped Towson . That’s it. The matchup other then early season weather was good for both teams.
source?
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Jldlax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:04 pm The sniping, arguing and bashing on this “fan” site is remarkable — and not in a good way. Like many programs with legendary coaches, things got stale and the change probably took too long. See UVA and Cuse for recent lacrosse examples. But Hopkins is a top school with great tradition, a top 2 league with a good TV contract, and a good location to attract both local and regional talent.

I have yet to see a five star recruit from this staff. No top ten recruits. No top five recruits. Petro was a better recruiter, hands down.
Two years of sub-.500 and running off the players has soured most of us.
Another year of not making the playoffs, not being in the playoff conversation in March, and mindless mediocrity and the Cordish Center is going to need a moat.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:00 am

I have yet to see a five star recruit from this staff. No top ten recruits. No top five recruits. Petro was a better recruiter, hands down.
Another year of not making the playoffs, not being in the playoff conversation in March, and mindless mediocrity and the Cordish Center is going to need a moat.
This post proves my point. And am not a Hopkins fan or alum, have no dog in the fight. It takes time to build up a program after a big change.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:56 am
I essentially said three Hopkins grad lax head coaches said they were not contacted. Others doubt Greg Raymond was either. The impression on a larger scale is Hopkins did not want them back. Galloway might have gotten the job had he won a couple more games the previous year. He is coming on. Jen knew PM from Cornell and was apparently comfortable with him. A new AD isn’t likely inclined to go out on a limb.

Lax is a small community where there are not many unknowns at the top.

2016 once said PM was responsible for Teat going to Cornell. Teat went bcs of Kerwick.

Personally i think people can make their own decisions
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:00 am

Petros recruits did not turn out which is why he's gone. PM could've completely torn it down and not participated in this pandemic grad student thing, but he tried to keep the veterans around. Didn't work with Grant Jr but it's not like he hired some meh bucknell assistant in his early 30s there w/a top 20 offense. The greatest asset going into this season that separates it from the last 2 is "Time". He's had time now to begin to try to bring in players that reflect whatever he wants to do, build relationships w/in the clc and beyond, see the ooc schedule in person. Yes would've been great to see him just come in go to the ff, fit like a glove into the relationships that Petro had w/ex players and donors and fans, and to start bringing in the wagons of top 3 classes, but I'm not sure how much of that was going to be possible for him or anyone else on that list of people they interviewed. I don't know what happened to see some of these kids you mentioned but I was there during the good years of the petro era and it didn't work out for every recruit on and off the field and that was when the classes were 8-10 kids, probably came from a much smaller network of coaches and schools, the program was winning, and things were a bit different.

Looks like they have a nice weekend planned in a few weeks for you guys and a decent showing of kids coming back. Rabil had a great summer w/his PLL and movie out w/one of les freres doneger, espn contract is still there, the nbc deal could get some more of our games more exposure, school has its highest us news ranking, and the 150 anniversary programming and planning should be something to look forward to.

We just need to win games.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:51 pm
Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:56 am
I essentially said three Hopkins grad lax head coaches said they were not contacted. Others doubt Greg Raymond was either. The impression on a larger scale is Hopkins did not want them back. Galloway might have gotten the job had he won a couple more games the previous year. He is coming on. Jen knew PM from Cornell and was apparently comfortable with him. A new AD isn’t likely inclined to go out on a limb.

Lax is a small community where there are not many unknowns at the top.

2016 once said PM was responsible for Teat going to Cornell. Teat went bcs of Kerwick.

Personally i think people can make their own decisions
"Others doubt Greg Raymond was contacted." — These people are wrong and whoever they are, you should stop getting information from them.

It's funny. You don't want to give PM any credit for recruiting Teat OR any of the guys on the team now who just made the championship game and pushed Maryland, who were recruited while he was head coach. Which is it? EITHER the assistants should get the credit or the head coach. In the former case, he should get credit for Teat. In the latter case, he doesn't get credit for Teat but does get credit for CJ Kirst, Gavin Adler, Michael Long, Chayse Ierlan, etc. It's abundantly transparent that some people have an agenda when it comes to this guy and the narrative surrounding him.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:54 pm
Easier said than done.
Two wins last year, Loyola and Cuse, are going to be much harder in 2023 at Ridley and the Dome.
Not seeing wins against UMD, Rutgers, UVA, NC, or Georgetown.
Delaware, Navy, Ohio State all tough.... not many easy games on this schedule.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:18 pm
jhu06 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:54 pm
Easier said than done.
Two wins last year, Loyola and Cuse, are going to be much harder in 2023 at Ridley and the Dome.
Not seeing wins against UMD, Rutgers, UVA, NC, or Georgetown.
Delaware, Navy, Ohio State all tough.... not many easy games on this schedule.
not to mention, after this year half of petros recruits will be gone.
what'll happen in the out years?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”