TOWSON 2 8 5 2 17

2020 Hopkins 15-7
2021 did not play
2022 two goal game going into 4th quarter

These two teams should be playing.
nyjay

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by nyjay »

primitiveskills wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:56 pm Exactly. Swapping Towson for St Joe's (a tournament team last year, unlucky to lose to Yale in the first round) makes the schedule more difficult, not less. There are going to be few, if any, more difficult schedules in D1 this year.
That St Joe's/Yale game was fun as hell. St Joe's can play and they're a blast to watch.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:47 pm Lots of info here: https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/9/2 ... ebook.aspx

St. Joe's and Utah added to the schedule. Towson is gone. I guess Nadelen didn't want another beatdown? I can't imagine we were the ones who initiated that especially with the game slated to be at Homewood this year. Anyway, all other opponents are the same as last year, with home/away flipped.

2023 Regular Season Home Games:
Delaware, Georgetown, North Carolina, Ohio State, Rutgers, St. Joe's, Utah, Virginia

2024 Regular Season Away Games:
Jacksonville, Loyola, Maryland, Michigan, Navy, Penn State, Syracuse
Hopkins dropped Towson from the schedule this year, not the other way around
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Have to make himself feel good about something these days. When positivity goes away you turn into a Rutgers fan.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

sc lax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:14 am
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:47 pm Lots of info here: https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/9/2 ... ebook.aspx

St. Joe's and Utah added to the schedule. Towson is gone. I guess Nadelen didn't want another beatdown? I can't imagine we were the ones who initiated that especially with the game slated to be at Homewood this year. Anyway, all other opponents are the same as last year, with home/away flipped.

Delaware, Georgetown, North Carolina, Ohio State, Rutgers, St. Joe's, Utah, Virginia

Source: trust me bro
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:57 pm
jhu06 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:46 pm we should be playing at least one ivy. Forgot Princeton, not sure what happened there. Yes nothing achieved by playing umbc or msm. Towson belongs on the schedule.
The 2021 season of no Ivy Lacrosse threw off the scheduling. Maybe Georgetown and Maryland owe Princeton a home game in 2023. My guess is Hopkins and Princeton will play in 2024. I remember when there were calls to drop Princeton for more competitive teams. Things change. Hopkins will be fine.
Would like to see Johns Hopkins add a couple of New England schools to the schedule … Harvard and Providence College. ;)

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
harflax

Post by harflax »

As recently as three meetings ago Towson beat Hopkins by 9 goals. The teams have been playing since 1976. St Joe's may have had a better team than Towson last year. A one year sample size is going to drop a 46 year old rivalry? Screw Millman. I hope Maryland trounces the Jays by 20 goals again this season.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

harflax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:50 am As recently as three meetings ago Towson beat Hopkins by 9 goals. The teams have been playing since 1976. St Joe's may have had a better team than Towson last year. A one year sample size is going to drop a 46 year old rivalry? Screw Millman. I hope Maryland trounces the Jays by 20 goals again this season.
Didn't Towson's conference add two teams this year? That's two new opponents they have to schedule. Surely that had nothing to do with this and it must be because Hopkins' coach is evil.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:58 am
harflax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:50 am As recently as three meetings ago Towson beat Hopkins by 9 goals. The teams have been playing since 1976. St Joe's may have had a better team than Towson last year. A one year sample size is going to drop a 46 year old rivalry? Screw Millman. I hope Maryland trounces the Jays by 20 goals again this season.
Didn't Towson's conference add two teams this year? That's two new opponents they have to schedule. Surely that had nothing to do with this and it must be because Hopkins' coach is evil.
Get a room guys :lol:
These public displays of affection get embarrassing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And two left.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

+2. Touche’

It still might be a scheduling problem with the new teams. It could also be a matter of Hopkins revisiting an old issue.

It did not just happen.

Fairfield and UMBC for fall ball . Not taking any chances
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:32 am +2. Touche’

It still might be a scheduling problem with the new teams. It could also be a matter of Hopkins revisiting an old issue.

It did not just happen.

Fairfield and UMBC for fall ball . Not taking any chances
This commenced with a dumb comment “I guess Nadelen didn’t want another beat down” from the Hop side. Just keep that in mind when the same dude goes “source: trust me bro” like the dbag he is.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:25 am
And two left.
Mr. 14,000 Posts (nearly 11 per day!) is wrong as usual, feeling the need to be a part of every single discussion on this forum even when he has zero knowledge, perspective, or insight to share, and in this case, only provides bad information.

Only one team left (UMass) while they added three (Stony Brook, Hampton, Monmouth), creating a net add of +2 new CAA games Towson now must schedule compared to last year. The league went from 6 to 8 teams. If you don't think that threw a wrench into how they schedule the rest of their opponents you have no idea how any of this works. The most likely scenario is that the impetus to change or move the game was initiated from the Towson side — the team whose conference just significantly changed, necessitating the schedule be reworked.

PM is the one who brought the rivalry with UVA back after it was canned under Petro. The Navy game also came back under Milliman though that was in the works prior to his arrival, still, he was very much in favor of it coming back. He has absolutely no reason to end the Towson rivalry and in fact his actions are those of someone who understands and respects the program's traditional rivals. Anything to suggest otherwise absent proof is mere anti-PM hysteria.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And I care about post count because what? Mr posting while still a student and acting like a whiny complain all the time. Everyone sees your mood changing as Hops prospects gave declined. More bad years and I worry if you have any dogs at your crib.

You still flat out made a douche bag comment and ignored recent history. Congrats.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

2016 is not a reliable enough source to say “Source Bro”Pavlovian
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

nyjay wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:28 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:56 pm Exactly. Swapping Towson for St Joe's (a tournament team last year, unlucky to lose to Yale in the first round) makes the schedule more difficult, not less. There are going to be few, if any, more difficult schedules in D1 this year.
That St Joe's/Yale game was fun as hell. St Joe's can play and they're a blast to watch.
towson is our neighborhood. Should be on. Quint already preparing his "Hopkins plays at jacksonville, home against Utah but not traditional rivals and peer institutions like Princeton, Duke, mt. washington, carlisle indians and Towson" rant to add to his "they are cheap and fly commercial, games shouldn't be played this early, middies aren't athletic enough, goaltending is still a mess, need to spend $1.3 billion to upgrade facilities to compete with the big ten, lack administrative support" rants already long in the game notes.

IL usually drops a piece around this time from practice and then a fallball writeup. Hopefully we can get through the fall healthy.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

yes, 100% agree that we should play Towson. but that doesn't mean SJ isn't fun.

I actually think a Baltimore lacrosse version of Philly's "Big 5" basketball (or Boston hockey's Bean Pot) should happen every year. Hop, Towson, Loyola and UMBC should do a Fri/Sun tournament and declare a city champ annually.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:20 am
sc lax wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:14 am

Source: trust me bro
lol not my source, didn't mean to trigger you
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:32 pm 2016 is not a reliable enough source to say “Source Bro”Pavlovian
You lost what very little credibility you had left when you proclaimed that Nadelen was not contacted during the coaching search. You are not nearly as "in the know" as you too frequently love reminding everyone.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Did you clear that w PM, Beirka. Nice try but in line with other BS posts you have produced. Pavlovian.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”