Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:48 pm can DART play goalie?
What … you’re asking for miracles now? :?

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

From Ty Xanders on Twitter:

“IL’s No. 26 junior Tyler Eye ‘24, LSM, Lawrenceville (N.J.) / @legacylacrosse has committed to @JHUmenslacrosse. A transfer from St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), the offensive-minded lefty is a tough, skilled and energetic playmaker between the lines.”

https://youtu.be/GBkHI7vDGW8

Quite the Lawrenceville pipeline.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Hoponboard wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:12 pm From Ty Xanders on Twitter:

“IL’s No. 26 junior Tyler Eye ‘24, LSM, Lawrenceville (N.J.) / @legacylacrosse has committed to @JHUmenslacrosse. A transfer from St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), the offensive-minded lefty is a tough, skilled and energetic playmaker between the lines.”

Really nice get and the staff continues to kill it with Lawrenceville

Kid is widely considered to be one of the best offensive defensemen in awhile
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

I’ve said it before, but the Lawrenceville thing is big. That program will be dominant soon and a pipeline there will be as valuable as any in the country, MIAA schools, Brunswick, St. A’s, Landon, Haverford, anywhere.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Hoponboard wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:12 pm From Ty Xanders on Twitter:

Quite the Lawrenceville pipeline.
too bad he wasn't a 90s nfl player. Chris Berman would've had a field day with that last name on espn. Tyler "The eyes have it".
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

All of these highly regarded players committing to a D3 program? Weird.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Lots of info here: https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/9/2 ... ebook.aspx

St. Joe's and Utah added to the schedule. Towson is gone. I guess Nadelen didn't want another beatdown? I can't imagine we were the ones who initiated that especially with the game slated to be at Homewood this year. Anyway, all other opponents are the same as last year, with home/away flipped.

2023 Regular Season Home Games:
Delaware, Georgetown, North Carolina, Ohio State, Rutgers, St. Joe's, Utah, Virginia

2024 Regular Season Away Games:
Jacksonville, Loyola, Maryland, Michigan, Navy, Penn State, Syracuse
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

primitiveskills wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:01 pm All of these highly regarded players committing to a D3 program? Weird.
they don't even know it. february.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:47 pm Lots of info here: https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/9/2 ... ebook.aspx

St. Joe's and Utah added to the schedule. Towson is gone. I guess Nadelen didn't want another beatdown? I can't imagine we were the ones who initiated that especially with the game slated to be at Homewood this year. Anyway, all other opponents are the same as last year, with home/away flipped.

Delaware, Georgetown, North Carolina, Ohio State, Rutgers, St. Joe's, Utah, Virginia

The espn contract lives another day. Don't think we've ever had a game on espn+ at home. Too bad about towson, don't know what happened there. That game was a huge deal to them. Utah and St Joes are interesting. I guess Bellarmine wasn't available.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:12 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:47 pm Lots of info here: https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/9/2 ... ebook.aspx

The espn contract lives another day. Don't think we've ever had a game on espn+ at home. Too bad about towson, don't know what happened there. That game was a huge deal to them. Utah and St Joes are interesting. I guess Bellarmine wasn't available.
They could maybe go .500 against this schedule.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:46 pm
jhu06 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:12 pm

They could maybe go .500 against this schedule.
Should that be 2023 Away games?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:50 pm Should that be 2023 Away games?
Yes, typo.
Typical Lax Dad

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:50 pm Should that be 2023 Away games?
Yes, typo.
I was hoping to see Princeton back on. Maybe next season.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hopkins wanted to end the series in the past but the administration would not along with it for off field reasons. So its possible Hopkins ended it by not renewing the contract. I don’t know the answer but the history is there. Another series it wanted to end was the Hofstra series which was ended.
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

What are we complaining about? St Joe's takes over Towson's spot which is in some ways an RPI/Quality Opponent improvement if you look at how things went last year. At the very least that is likely a lateral scheduling maneuver at worst. Utah adds a game to the schedule and doesn't replace anyone. Yeah it might be nice to see like Princeton back on there and maybe you could've looked to keep Towson on the schedule instead of adding Utah but save for last year being unseasonably tolerable I'm certainly a little sick of seeing those Tigers on frigid Tuesday nights in February.

Beyond that the schedule is exactly the same list of opponents as last years. And last years schedule was perfectly adequate and challenging...
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:39 pm What are we complaining about? St Joe's takes over Towson's spot which is in some ways an RPI/Quality Opponent improvement if you look at how things went last year. At the very least that is likely a lateral scheduling maneuver at worst. Utah adds a game to the schedule and doesn't replace anyone. Yeah it might be nice to see like Princeton back on there and maybe you could've looked to keep Towson on the schedule instead of adding Utah but save for last year being unseasonably tolerable I'm certainly a little sick of seeing those Tigers on frigid Tuesday nights in February.

Beyond that the schedule is exactly the same list of opponents as last years. And last years schedule was perfectly adequate and challenging...
Exactly. Swapping Towson for St Joe's (a tournament team last year, unlucky to lose to Yale in the first round) makes the schedule more difficult, not less. There are going to be few, if any, more difficult schedules in D1 this year.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Saw a prominent Lax Twitter personality and dad of a Hop alum complain that we aren't playing UMBC and MSM anymore. Some people will complain just to complain. St. Joe's and GTown are massive upgrades on those two and are still relatively local. Hell DC is basically equidistant from Homewood as Emmitsburg, which is in the middle of nowhere. I could take or leave Utah but as Ruffled said it doesn't replace anyone. And it could be cool to get the Jays out in 2024.

I remember when someone in this thread predicted Milliman would soften the schedule. He's done the opposite. In fact there's a credible argument to be made that the schedule now is *too* hard, but the way I see it is if they're not good then the schedule won't really matter anyway. And if they are good then a hard schedule won't be a huge obstacle. So basically just be good.

4-9 in 2021, 7-9 last year, more than fair to to expect an 8-7 regular season/9-8 final record including B1G tournament which with this schedule may be enough for an NCAA berth.

Hoping for good weather Oct. 8 and 16 so HOB can bless us with his highlights. Like Christmas in October.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

we should be playing at least one ivy. Forgot Princeton, not sure what happened there. Yes nothing achieved by playing umbc or msm. Towson belongs on the schedule.
molo

Post by molo »

Sorry to see Towson go.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu06 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:46 pm we should be playing at least one ivy. Forgot Princeton, not sure what happened there. Yes nothing achieved by playing umbc or msm. Towson belongs on the schedule.
The 2021 season of no Ivy Lacrosse threw off the scheduling. Maybe Georgetown and Maryland owe Princeton a home game in 2023. My guess is Hopkins and Princeton will play in 2024. I remember when there were calls to drop Princeton for more competitive teams. Things change. Hopkins will be fine.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”